URI Game Replays

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Re: URI Game Replays

Unread post by rhodysurf »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone got a replay of the UMass game?!
I can do it at some point. Just dont have any time at the moment.
1 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

This is sick! Just watched the URI vs St Joe’s 2004 game. Didn’t realize student section was center court back then. They need to bring that back
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I just opened the list of games. It appears RhodySurf lost the game against SJU that Fatts went off for 41 points. Anyone have it?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

URIROTC2006 wrote: 4 years ago This is sick! Just watched the URI vs St Joe’s 2004 game. Didn’t realize student section was center court back then. They need to bring that back
I actually started an entire thread about this.
https://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... on#p421487

JV said that pretty much it will never happen because they would have to relocated a bunch of season ticket holders, which I understand.

I think it would be amazing to wrap students around behind the benches but oh well...
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago I just opened the list of games. It appears RhodySurf lost the game against SJU that Fatts went off for 41 points. Anyone have it?
Yeah the way I rip the replays is just record them on YouTube TV then after the fact record them and edit them. I didnt know recordings expire in 6 months and I never got around to recording it before it got deleted. Now I know though... been looking for that game for a while
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I wish there was old pc/uri games

Like the one that was on ESPN when Abdul fox had a great game !
1 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

It would be really good if there was some ongoing "Archives: News Video Replays" thread that was a "sticky" item that stayed on the first page so people could post items as they came across them. That way it wouldn't be too burdensome on just one person with the entire responsibility.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

TulaneGradRamFan wrote: 4 years ago It would be really good if there was some ongoing "Archives: News Video Replays" thread that was a "sticky" item that stayed on the first page so people could post items as they came across them. That way it wouldn't be too burdensome on just one person with the entire responsibility.
Just bookmark the link to the google doc. I update it whenever someone posts a replay video
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

[quote=RhodyRams916 post_id=434590 time=1581111016 user_id=2560]
[quote=URIROTC2006 post_id=434588 time=1581110490 user_id=1900]
This is sick! Just watched the URI vs St Joe’s 2004 game. Didn’t realize student section was center court back then. They need to bring that back
[/quote]

JV said that pretty much it will never happen because they would have to relocated a bunch of season ticket holders, which I understand.

I think it would be amazing to wrap students around behind the benches but oh well...
[/quote]

Those people shouldn't be in those seats in the first place, so I don't care how they're relocated. The fact is the students are paying for the 100 level seats and that's where they belong. A condition of students agreeing to an increase of student fees to help fund the Ryan Center was they would have those prime seating locations
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
URIROTC2006 wrote: 4 years ago This is sick! Just watched the URI vs St Joe’s 2004 game. Didn’t realize student section was center court back then. They need to bring that back

Those people shouldn't be in those seats in the first place, so I don't care how they're relocated. The fact is the students are paying for the 100 level seats and that's where they belong. A condition of students agreeing to an increase of student fees to help fund the Ryan Center was they would have those prime seating locations
Trust me. I am a sophomore there right now. I would much rather have students be in the 100s.
1. It looks good on TV
2. The students have been doing a great job filling up the 1500 seats this season
3. We would be able to taunt the away bench.
1 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I know this has been brought up but does anyone have the Kansas game?? We really need to get that uploaded.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

steveystuds06 wrote: 3 years ago I know this has been brought up but does anyone have the Kansas game?? We really need to get that uploaded.
Maybe one day...

I mean shit, it should be out there somewhere regardless! It was a pretty big upset. Roy Williams, Paul Pierce. It should have been on youtube at some point. Like a highlight at least. But nothing.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

It's really frustrating to have to once again reply to this suggestion, but let me repeat - students will not be allowed to sit behind the team benches. The reason for this is not solely because of displacing season ticket holders, but is related to two factors:

1. Visiting A-10 coaches complained about this seating arrangements in the past and this view was behind the change. No other conference school seats students in sections behind opposing team benches. Why would we want URI to be the exception.
2. No school in D1 basketball has student sections seated behind rival benches. If that was such a good idea why haven't any of the 345 schools used such a seating plan. They don't because it is not classy or respectful of fans from rival schools.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago

It's really frustrating to have to once again reply to this suggestion, but let me repeat - students will not be allowed to sit behind the team benches. The reason for this is not solely because of displacing season ticket holders, but is related to two factors:

1. Visiting A-10 coaches complained about this seating arrangements in the past and this view was behind the change. No other conference school seats students in sections behind opposing team benches. Why would we want URI to be the exception.
2. No school in D1 basketball has student sections seated behind rival benches. If that was such a good idea why haven't any of the 345 schools used such a seating plan. They don't because it is not classy or respectful of fans from rival schools.
Plus...the number of empty seats would be a true embarrassment. Bad enough when it's behind a basket, but at least it's consolidated.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago

Plus...the number of empty seats would be a true embarrassment. Bad enough when it's behind a basket, but at least it's consolidated.
Too many games where the students “no show”
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Ok, fine. Then stop charging students premiums to sit in those sections and start charging personal seat licenses to the people now sitting in those seats to make up the money lost
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

What special student premiums are you talking about? Just asking.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Please stay on topic.

Who will provide the Kansas DVD to Rhody surf? I distributed dozens of them to people in RI.
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ATPTourFan wrote: 3 years ago Please stay on topic.

Who will provide the Kansas DVD to Rhody surf? I distributed dozens of them to people in RI.
I offered mine up awhile ago. If RhodySurf pm's me his info, I'll send it to him.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

How come the 1/31/20 VCU game replay shows "video unavailable"?
0 x
Rhodewarrior
Jim Eitner

Unread post by Rhodewarrior »

This is awesome. Is there a new consolidated sheet after the original one since so many others have posted links? Totally awesome board and thank you all that took the time to do this.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Welcome back Warrior!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Would be nice to see that Cinci game from 17’
1 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Would be nice to see that Cinci game from 17’
Used to be on youtube for a while.
0 x
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

I've known these games were here, and thankful for the hard work that got them here.

But after watching the Duke games again, and hearing the crowds, the announcers gushing about the Rams?

Boy I needed that, especially with no sports ATM.

Thank you all again.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Someone needs to reach out to Kansas to try and get the 1998 game and post it here.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Add it to the list RhodySurf!
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Is it me or is the ESPN + thing screwed up because I can’t go back and watch some of our most recent games like I don’t see any
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Add it to the list RhodySurf!
Great find !!!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago
RhodySurf I have a dvd copy of the 1998 Kansas game and can send it to you to put up on the site. I know in the past posters have asked for it. If you pm me your mailing address, I'll send it to you.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 3 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 3 years ago Add it to the list RhodySurf!
Great find !!!
Lamar, Ed Brown and ARD put a hurtin on them!
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
RhodySurf I have a dvd copy of the 1998 Kansas game and can send it to you to put up on the site. I know in the past posters have asked for it. If you pm me your mailing address, I'll send it to you.
LETS GOOOOO. PMing now
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Still looking for the replay of the 1/31/20 VCU game at Ryan. The current listing says video unavailable??
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

8-)
rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago

LETS GOOOOO. PMing now
8-) woooo!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago

LETS GOOOOO. PMing now
It's in the mail!!!!! :D
3 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Yes!!! Thank you
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Oh lordy lordy!
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Still looking for the replay of the 1/31/20 VCU game at Ryan. The current listing says video unavailable??
Yeah IDK what happened there. It was working fine like six months ago. Then I assume it got copyright flagged but the weird part is I have no record of the video ever existing and Im wondering if I didnt rip it myself and instead I used someone elses copy, which I'm thinking is what happened.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Thanks rhodysurf for the info and all you do for URI fans. The reason for my interest in last season's VCU game at Ryan is because it contains, IMHO, one of the great moments in URI basketball history. Recall in that game after a furious competitive start, URI started to build separation and was on the verge of blowing VCU out when with six minutes left in the first half, Jeff Dowtin hits a big three and follows it up with another trey less than a minute later bringing the lead to 20 points. The roar of the Ryan crowd reached a high decibel level seen only a few times in the past and the atmosphere was as electric as it gets in all college basketball. While VCU diid make a comeback in the second half, essentially the double treys by Dowtin sealed the win in the first half. The rest of game was mere formality.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I could be wrong but I think Jeff hit 3 in a row from deep in that run and yes agree the RC reached a feverish pitch.
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

No question--he did hit 3 in a row in front of a sell out crowd. The noise level could not have been any higher....
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago I could be wrong but I think Jeff hit 3 in a row from deep in that run and yes agree the RC reached a feverish pitch.
My bad. Sorry you are right, I forgot the first trey and it was the third one after he stole ball and hit the trey that extended the lead to 20 and brought the house down.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

When Jeff hit that 3rd one, I think I jumped higher than I had jumped in about 40 years.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Yes, it was the greatest 60 seconds of URI basketball that I ever experienced. Jeff was subbed soon after his third trey and received a deafening standing ovation from the sold out crowd. I talked to a VCU fan on the way out and he remarked how impressed he was with the URI student section and the entire environment. But then how could you not given the circumstances.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

After that 3rd one Jeff shot arrows into the crowd and the roof was coming off the place. Can’t wait til we are able to do that again. Reason #1,435 as to why VCU fans hate Dowtin and Cox.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I was there too, amazing experience. Jeff had the best arrow shot in the country.
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Thanks rhodysurf for the info and all you do for URI fans. The reason for my interest in last season's VCU game at Ryan is because it contains, IMHO, one of the great moments in URI basketball history. Recall in that game after a furious competitive start, URI started to build separation and was on the verge of blowing VCU out when with six minutes left in the first half, Jeff Dowtin hits a big three and follows it up with another trey less than a minute later bringing the lead to 20 points. The roar of the Ryan crowd reached a high decibel level seen only a few times in the past and the atmosphere was as electric as it gets in all college basketball. While VCU diid make a comeback in the second half, essentially the double treys by Dowtin sealed the win in the first half. The rest of game was mere formality.
Oh I knew exactly what you were looking for... I rewatched that nonstop for like 6 months as pandemic depression set in
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

The time has come... Enjoy everyone. Thanks again to theblueram for this, ill drop it in your mailbox this week

7 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago The time has come... Enjoy everyone. Thanks again to theblueram for this, ill drop it in your mailbox this week

Great work to both you and theBlueram...and to think X-mas ended a few weeks ago...throwing this on my TV tongight or tomorrow!
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago The time has come... Enjoy everyone. Thanks again to theblueram for this, ill drop it in your mailbox this week

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Thank you guys so much!
0 x