1/3 | Saint Joseph’s | 4:30PM (NBCSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
brady1
Art Stephenson

Re: 1/3 | Saint Joseph’s | 4:30PM (NBCSN)

Unread post by brady1 »

wpbrown8267 wrote: 3 years ago
brady1 wrote: 3 years ago Fatts literally shot 5-14. Love Fatts but he's better than that!! Hopefully his end of the game heroics woke him the F up for the rest of the season! URI needs him!

GO RHODY!
You know he’s playing hurt, right?
Playing hurt your kidding right? Did he look hurt at the end of the game after 39 minutes! Fatts is my favorite player he needs to play better period hurt or not.

GO RHODY!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We were lucky to win that game.

An all time classic against an 0-6 team minus it's best player.

We win ugly, we lose ugly.

Yes Fatts saved us, but the bad far outweighed the good.

Miss a million uncontested shots....yeah this talk of a lot of talent here might need to be revisited.

Same old same old....and the coaching....seriously?

Cox is in over his head, great assistant, not HC material.

Keep waiting for them to prove me wrong......like I said, they can dick around all they want this season, but if this doesn't change by next season, time to play the Gong Show and pull out the hook.
3 x
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago

The joke is where is the NCAAT? Joke my ass. This team is a mess.
Well there wasn’t a tourney last year and we’re less than 50% through the season. Might help to stop being so emotional
Lol, I told you people here aren’t rational. My mother always warned me against arguing with fools...and here I am.
DC, It's why I rarely come on the boards anymore, rarely post. Board is one negative post after another.
4 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Feel like I'm watching AAU ball. Roll it out, play and hope for the best. Speaking of plays, do we have any out of bounds plays from under our own basket? Seems like our #1 play is heave it towards half court and hope it doesn't get stolen. As far as Fatts goes, obviously his shooting is off but the rest of his game was very good today. He's still our best player and it isn't close.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Lots of college teams play like we do....but the idea is, to play better than most teams, not on the same level or worse.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

DanInAZ wrote: 3 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago

Well there wasn’t a tourney last year and we’re less than 50% through the season. Might help to stop being so emotional
Lol, I told you people here aren’t rational. My mother always warned me against arguing with fools...and here I am.
DC, It's why I rarely come on the boards anymore, rarely post. Board is one negative post after another.
It’s truly a sad and pathetic state of affairs. I feel bad for these “grown men’s” significant others. They expect more from others than they do from themselves. It’s quite the immature bunch (myself included, at times).
3 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Tough game to watch. Glad they won! What a mess. Saw guys making the same mistakes over & over & over & over & not learning from them. Jumping past guys on simple up fakes, while recovering to a 3pt shooter after being out of position. Leaving Funk open behind the 3pt line time & time & time again.
This team lacks discipline in my opinion in a big way. In overtime their defense impoved a bit, finally, but these guys played very sloppy today & I'm not seeing improvement as a whole. Not sure what to make of it all. The fundamentals are lacking in a big way & passing erratic.
I do like how Malik Martin is starting to assert himself at times a little more. He seems to be a bright spot that is developing in my opinion.
Cox has a lot of coaching & work to do. As it stands right now, this team will be lucky to finish in the top 7 in the A10 by season's end if this kind of play continues.
As much as I don't like that Dan left, the one thing he did well was keep the team focused & disciplined. The fundamentals & solid defense were there in almost every game.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago Was it Carey who rushed a tough shot near the end of OT when we were up?

I guess that list of games Fatts won for URI will need to be updated. And Fatts' record three point slump is in tact. Still, what a clutch performance.
Not Carey's fault at all since the coach ran the clock down too far and left Carey not option but to go one on three..
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Dude, that's what worries me the most.

Fundamentals, as in lack of them.

I doubt there will be much improvement the rest of the season when it come to that.

However, with a full off season of training and practice, there HAS to be major strides taken in that regard.

Cox and staff has to perform. No more passes, or semi-passes after this season.

As for the talent level here, Cox had to add a lot of players via the transfer route, without the benefit of the usual evaluations when it comes to recruiting due to the pandemic. Like visits, building relationships over time, etc,

Could be why it seems like many aren't on the same page, and maybe just maybe there isn't as much overall talent here as we had hoped.

We are going to find out, hopefully not the hard way...but that's the URI way usually.
0 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

I do have to wonder if Coach told JH to stop shooting threes. This makes three games in a row where Harris has not attempted (missed) a three pointer. Also stayed out of foul trouble today’s as well. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to work hard close to the hoop.
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago The most troubling thing to me from a coaching standpoint is that they had no play drawn up down three at the end of regulation. There’s enough time do do something better in 8.9 seconds than Fatts speeding down the right side of the court with his teammates trailing him and on the other side of the court. I thought for sure Fatts was going to drive, draw a couple of defenders and dish to an open shooter. It may not have been a high percentage shot, but it would have been better than a Fatts heave from where he was fouled.
Part of practice should be used to run plays for this situation.
Amen. Just another example of what Cox has not done in preparing this team for this season. It does not matter how many transfers there are to set up a play under those circumstances or to teach a team how to attack a zone defense.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

The Dude wrote: 3 years ago Tough game to watch. Glad they won! What a mess. Saw guys making the same mistakes over & over & over & over & not learning from them. Jumping past guys on simple up fakes, while recovering to a 3pt shooter after being out of position. Leaving Funk open behind the 3pt line time & time & time again.
This team lacks discipline in my opinion in a big way. In overtime their defense impoved a bit, finally, but these guys played very sloppy today & I'm not seeing improvement as a whole. Not sure what to make of it all. The fundamentals are lacking in a big way & passing erratic.
I do like how Malik Martin is starting to assert himself at times a little more. He seems to be a bright spot that is developing in my opinion.
Cox has a lot of coaching & work to do. As it stands right now, this team will be lucky to finish in the top 7 in the A10 by season's end if this kind of play continues.
As much as I don't like that Dan left, the one thing he did well was keep the team focused & disciplined. The fundamentals & solid defense were there in almost every game.
Sure, in the last 1.5 years Dan looked that way. Otherwise he looked like a mad man on the sidelines trying to get the players to play that way. A sure fire tournament team almost lost to Brown which turned that season around completely, and that was an experienced and well coached team that went on to still struggle until the A10 tournament.

You cannot look at the players on this team and not see they are more talented then most teams we have had here in the last 20 years. Cox will either get it together during conference play or he won’t, but 2-1 in the A10 is a good start.
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago I do have to wonder if Coach told JH to stop shooting threes. This makes three games in a row where Harris has not attempted (missed) a three pointer. Also stayed out of foul trouble today’s as well. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to work hard close to the hoop.
I like JH game but now the coach just needs to tell Harris if the Ball comes into his hands at defensive free throw line don't try to take the ball full court to the hoop.

GO RHODY!
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago I do have to wonder if Coach told JH to stop shooting threes. This makes three games in a row where Harris has not attempted (missed) a three pointer. Also stayed out of foul trouble today’s as well. Hopefully he keeps it up and continues to work hard close to the hoop.
“Work hard” there it is!

Knew those words would come!
1 x
Go Rhody
Ram96
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ram96 »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago The most troubling thing to me from a coaching standpoint is that they had no play drawn up down three at the end of regulation. There’s enough time do do something better in 8.9 seconds than Fatts speeding down the right side of the court with his teammates trailing him and on the other side of the court. I thought for sure Fatts was going to drive, draw a couple of defenders and dish to an open shooter. It may not have been a high percentage shot, but it would have been better than a Fatts heave from where he was fouled.
This team has no plays...only the weave
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Harris was a -14 today.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Dahmir Bishop was big recruit for Cox. Didn’t see much out of him tonight.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Right now, I don't mind the 10 man rotation.
Having that much depth and alternating fresh bodies is currently our biggest asset along with this team's athleticism. We seem to be most successful when we attack the basket because at this point we certainly can't rely on our outside shooting, no Jimmy Baron sitting on the bench.
I know many on this board have stated, they would like to see a 7-8 man rotation, but still not sure who you would sit.
They gave us plenty of open looks today but nothing fell, we also missed several bunnies and of course our ball security wasn't great again. To be fair, we can't blame Cox for all of this and he does understand that he also needs to step up his game. Bottom line is the coach owns the wins and losses and he knows it.
I still really like the makeup of this team and I think they will get it together, hopefully sooner than later.
3 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
“Work hard” there it is!

Knew those words would come!
Yup Rhody15 that was for you. Maybe I should have mentioned that Fatts had multiple lackadaisical passes today that resulted in TOs to get you really fired up. ;)

I want the best for all URI players and coaches. They each have a key role on this team and yes some are better than others. I try and remember that the players are just kids (not professionals) and there is no need to bash them.

My post was trying to point out that Harris shot selection has changed and that it may be due to advice from the coaching staff.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Is Fatts the only leader on this team? I wonder if anyone else is stepping up to lead this team, in game and practice. Perfect time to get the boys going for this trip down south.
0 x
GO RAMS
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Dahmir Bishop was big recruit for Cox. Didn’t see much out of him tonight.
Agree. I was very curious how he would look and was not all that impressed. Seems like we lucked out that he chose Xavier and then St Joes instead of URI
2 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
Harris was a -14 today.
Ouch!
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

brady1 wrote: 3 years ago
I like JH game but now the coach just needs to tell Harris if the Ball comes into his hands at defensive free throw line don't try to take the ball full court to the hoop.

GO RHODY!
That was ... an adventure. :)
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Harris was a -14 today.
That's not good, right? :?
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Long ride to city ave.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

DanInAZ wrote: 3 years ago

It’s truly a sad and pathetic state of affairs. I feel bad for these “grown men’s” significant others. They expect more from others than they do from themselves. It’s quite the immature bunch (myself included, at times).
I’m getting that feeling as well. It’s turned into wayyy too much whining about Rhody bball. Cox is the coach and this team is who we have out on the floor each night. Show them some support.

It was a scrappy game. We probably didn’t deserve to win, but it’s a W. Move on to the next game. Have a few tough ones coming up.
Last edited by SandorClegane 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago
CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago Dahmir Bishop was big recruit for Cox. Didn’t see much out of him tonight.
Agree. I was very curious how he would look and was not all that impressed. Seems like we lucked out that he chose Xavier and then St Joes instead of URI
Bishop had 20 points last game against VCU. Showed some talent. Maybe whoever was guarding him tonight, played him tough. :D
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The positives:

Fatts and Makhel

16 assists on 32 baskets

2nd game in a row we outrebounded our opponent by double digits. By A10 standards we are a big team so that has to be a stat we win most nights.

The negatives:

Don’t understand why Antwan isn’t out there in crunch time. He is an able passer from the high post, our best rebounder and one of our better finishers around the hoop. He deserves more than 17 minutes.

16 turnovers against a bad defensive team is still unacceptable. At least 6 of them were completely unforced and just sloppy play by us. Have to get that number down.

Really bad defensive connectedness and rotations in half court. Not great attention to the scout, they had 1 guy who could shoot them into a game and we let him do it.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Harris was a -14 today.
But but but! Did he try hard and give his best effort and take up space?! If he did then he had a great game!
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Taylor Funk reminded me a little of Doug McDermott tonight, similar size, great touch, and nice instincts around the basket. It's a shame that he doesn't have more help up front that would take some pressure off of him.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Harris was a -14 today.
But but but! Did he try hard and give his best effort and take up space?! If he did then he had a great game!
Was actually surprised at that plus/minus for JH, he was fairly active on the boards in his limited minutes narrowly missed a couple tip ins and inside shots.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Harris was a -14 today.
Ouch!
Blue Man,
Where do you see the + - for all of the players?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago

Harris was a -14 today.
Was actually surprised at that plus/minus for JH, he was fairly active on the boards in his limited minutes narrowly missed a couple tip ins and inside shots.
Ah nice, so now we’re giving credit to players for “almost” making shots.

The leeway that is given to some players but not others gets funnier by the game.

If Harris had a type of game like Fatts had today, this board would be celebrating more than when we beat Creighton and Oklahoma.
0 x
Go Rhody
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

Wow, what a frustrating game, and got me to even post basketball content again. Not just a GIF.

This team has talent and unique skills sets which we've seen work in flashes. Both the players and coaches are responsible for what we see on the court. I know certain posters will die on the hill of critiquing only certain players and/or coaches, but it's a joint effort.

The coaching staff looks disengaged most of the time. When Dan was here, it looked as if they were more involved as a whole, now not so much. I'm not for crazy over the top antics, but it seems lifeless at stretches.

I want the coaching staff to provide more direction in game. Even with no crowds, it seems pretty silent. I thought I'd hear more actual coaching during plays. Put players in right spots during the actual play, not after calling timeout (normally after a made basket).

And the solutions seem pretty simple. Put your best shooters against the zone and have either Walker or DJ at the foul line. Both are tall enough to see over the zone and if open can hit the 15ft shot. And players need to make subtle moves to open spaces or find open lanes to the basket. A little motion without the ball goes a long way. And if they go man, have Fatts drive and have the 4 others actual move to open spaces on the floor, not just stand and watch. Fatts can beat most defenders off the ball regularly and the interior will need to collapse.

Our current offense makes me miss the weave and you know how much I loved the weave.

The players seem not to play to their strengths. Fatts is not as great as some posters think and is not as bad as others think. He's quick and that's his greatest asset. Very good in open floor, but sometimes a bit too selfish always wanting to finish as today proved, DJ was on his right wide open for a dunk, but got too far deep and got blocked. He's not the only guilty party as Martin and Harris did the same thing. Rhody created the fast break, let's honor that tradition by passing the ball during said fast break. It actually makes it harder for defenders, what a concept.

The defense is really bad. The players don't talk to each other and DJ is going set the NCAA record for goaltends in a single season. Funk was their only threat and yet he had clean looks over and over. He's not going to beat you off the ball, face guard him off the ball, shadow him and challenge him to beat you off the dribble. Xavier used to do that with Jimmy Baron and it worked well. And stop impersonating Kriss Kross and jump/jump on every pump fake.

I think this team can play better, but they need to get back to fundamentals, don't try to do too much, stop making lackadaisical passes, play in control and stop missing bunnies. No need to make a layup any harder than it has to be.

It's a simple game, you dribble the ball, you pass the ball, you shoot the ball.

Ok, back to GIFs.
5 x
'No Mercy.'
Rhody Blue
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody Blue »

I would have liked to see more of Martin at the end of the game. It wasn’t his best game. But his defense is exceptional and he makes winning type plays.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Sweep The Leg wrote: 3 years ago Wow, what a frustrating game, and got me to even post basketball content again. Not just a GIF.

This team has talent and unique skills sets which we've seen work in flashes. Both the players and coaches are responsible for what we see on the court. I know certain posters will die on the hill of critiquing only certain players and/or coaches, but it's a joint effort.

The coaching staff looks disengaged most of the time. When Dan was here, it looked as if they were more involved as a whole, now not so much. I'm not for crazy over the top antics, but it seems lifeless at stretches.

I want the coaching staff to provide more direction in game. Even with no crowds, it seems pretty silent. I thought I'd hear more actual coaching during plays. Put players in right spots during the actual play, not after calling timeout (normally after a made basket).

And the solutions seem pretty simple. Put your best shooters against the zone and have either Walker or DJ at the foul line. Both are tall enough to see over the zone and if open can hit the 15ft shot. And players need to make subtle moves to open spaces or find open lanes to the basket. A little motion without the ball goes a long way. And if they go man, have Fatts drive and have the 4 others actual move to open spaces on the floor, not just stand and watch. Fatts can beat most defenders off the ball regularly and the interior will need to collapse.

Our current offense makes me miss the weave and you know how much I loved the weave.

The players seem not to play to their strengths. Fatts is not as great as some posters think and is not as bad as others think. He's quick and that's his greatest asset. Very good in open floor, but sometimes a bit too selfish always wanting to finish as today proved, DJ was on his right wide open for a dunk, but got too far deep and got blocked. He's not the only guilty party as Martin and Harris did the same thing. Rhody created the fast break, let's honor that tradition by passing the ball during said fast break. It actually makes it harder for defenders, what a concept.

The defense is really bad. The players don't talk to each other and DJ is going set the NCAA record for goaltends in a single season. Funk was their only threat and yet he had clean looks over and over. He's not going to beat you off the ball, face guard him off the ball, shadow him and challenge him to beat you off the dribble. Xavier used to do that with Jimmy Baron and it worked well. And stop impersonating Kriss Kross and jump/jump on every pump fake.

I think this team can play better, but they need to get back to fundamentals, don't try to do too much, stop making lackadaisical passes, play in control and stop missing bunnies. No need to make a layup any harder than it has to be.

It's a simple game, you dribble the ball, you pass the ball, you shoot the ball.

Ok, back to GIFs.
Sweep,
I thought the same thing on this fast break you mention. I noted the time remaining when it happened being 14:37 in the 2nd half. Fatts stole the ball and DJ Johnson was wide open to the right of the hoop as Fatts came at the hoop from the left. Fatts was guarded tightly by Cameron Brown who partially blocked his shot. Maybe Fatts did not see Johnson but I noticed Johnson's body language showed some frustration for not getting the pass.
Note that Cox subbed Sheppard for Fatts 18 seconds later at the 14:19 mark.

Not sure if that is why Cox subbed him but if it was maybe that was a Coaching moment.

My pet peeve last season was that our team rarely ever passed on a breakaway. Always the guy with the ball took it the length of the court. This season has been a little better but not much - still taking it individually on the break. Same thing happened with Harris when he stole a ball and of course a big man should give it up to a guard in that situation.

Not sure why passing on fast breaks looks so poor and selfish on this team but it's noticeable the last two years.

TURNOVER by LONGPRE,ANTHONY
14:42 STEAL by RUSSELL,FATTS
14:37 MISS LAYUP by RUSSELL,FATTS(in the paint)
14:37 BLOCK by BROWN,CAMERON

-- REBOUND OFF by TEAM
14:35 TURNOVER by CAREY,JALEN
14:35 STEAL by TRACEY,JADRIAN
14:32 GOOD LAYUP by DOUGLAS,MYLES(fastbreak)(in the paint) 44 Saint Joseph's 45 (+1)
-- ASSIST by TRACEY,JADRIAN
14:19 FOUL by TRACEY,JADRIAN
14:19 44 Rhode Island 46 (+2) GOOD FT by BETRAND,ALLEN
14:19 SUB OUT by RUSSELL,FATTS
14:19 SUB IN by SHEPPARD,JEREMY
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago The positives:

Fatts and Makhel

16 assists on 32 baskets

2nd game in a row we outrebounded our opponent by double digits. By A10 standards we are a big team so that has to be a stat we win most nights.

The negatives:

Don’t understand why Antwan isn’t out there in crunch time. He is an able passer from the high post, our best rebounder and one of our better finishers around the hoop. He deserves more than 17 minutes.

16 turnovers against a bad defensive team is still unacceptable. At least 6 of them were completely unforced and just sloppy play by us. Have to get that number down.

Really bad defensive connectedness and rotations in half court. Not great attention to the scout, they had 1 guy who could shoot them into a game and we let him do it.
I thought Walker was a positive as he had 6 rebounds and was 4-4 FG. He seemed to get himself open for some nice passes, moved well without the ball.
Not sure why he played so few minutes and he was not in any foul trouble. Couldn't Walker have been assigned to Funk? Or did Cox see something in Walker's defense that got him in the doghouse?

Carey had one hellacious block in front of the basket. It was amazing how high he elevated. Cox and staff must have confidence in Carey as he got a lot of minutes.

Need DJ Johnson shooting more and Leggett playing more I think.

Nice to see Fatts reduce 3Ps down to 3. There were several times I thought he would take a 3P but he thought otherwise. He was as unselfish with ball as I have seen him all season. Highest assist total in quite some time. He threw some beautiful passes that teammates converted.
3 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Ram96 wrote: 3 years ago
This team has no plays...only the weave
I’ve posted about my distaste for the weave several times in the past couple of years. It’s a shot clock killer and it mostly leads to late shot clock offense, which usually translates to forced offense.
The only time I want to see the weave is in old Globetrotters highlights.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Another disappointing effort but we did get the win

Not at all impressed with Carey

I expect a loss at Richmond who will be hungry after losing at home
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

eli#10 wrote: 3 years ago Sloppy. No intensity. What else is new.
Coach cool as a cucumber like everything is great.
Okay let me sound like Hilaria Baldwin here and act like I don't know what a cucumber is to even understand what you're trying to say.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago

Ah nice, so now we’re giving credit to players for “almost” making shots.

The leeway that is given to some players but not others gets funnier by the game.

If Harris had a type of game like Fatts had today, this board would be celebrating more than when we beat Creighton and Oklahoma.
No you asshat, not giving credit for missing shots just a comment that I didn’t think he played as poorly as his +\- indicated.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man and Rhody15

Where is the box score that shows the +- for Harris?
I’ve looked at Gorhody, ESPN, cbs, nbc, yahoo sports, st joe website.............can’t find this +- number in any box scores. What am I missing?

Not doubting but just want to view all the players +- numbers
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Roz wrote: 3 years ago

100 percent agree
Hit a couple big threes but Walker is better on defense.
Totally disagree DJ needs to be on the floor. Maybe with Walker. Who did play D?

GO RHODY!
DJ actually had the highest +/- on our team with +18
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago
Roz wrote: 3 years ago

Hit a couple big threes but Walker is better on defense.
Totally disagree DJ needs to be on the floor. Maybe with Walker. Who did play D?

GO RHODY!
Where are you finding these +/- stats?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Blue Man and Rhody15

Where is the box score that shows the +- for Harris?
I’ve looked at Gorhody, ESPN, cbs, nbc, yahoo sports, st joe website.............can’t find this +- number in any box scores. What am I missing?

Not doubting but just want to view all the players +- numbers
Koch tweeted it out.
0 x
Go Rhody
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago

GO RHODY!
Where are you finding these +/- stats?
GoRhody website, schedule, click on Game Book- St.Joes
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In the history of the University of Rhode Island men's basketball team there are only two people I want on the line to shoot 3 free throws with 4 seconds left on the clock when we are down by three......
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Ramulous wrote: 3 years ago In the history of the University of Rhode Island men's basketball team there are only two people I want on the line to shoot 3 free throws with 4 seconds left on the clock when we are down by three......
One has to be Jimmy Baron, no?
0 x
Smokinjimit2
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Smokinjimit2 »

You can’t stop the Funk. You can only hope to contain him.

He was a terrible matchup for Mitchell. Who I don’t think put a hand up to distract him when taking a 3. That’s on the coach to recognise that.

I watched Harris on defence away from the ball on
A few possessions. He was lost a lot of the time on switches. He must drive the coach crazy after 2.5 years of this.

Farts didn’t shoot well but 20 points and 8 rebounds is
No joke. He took one less free throw than the entire st Joe’s team.

Still sloppy with the ball still no defensive intensity.

They might go a couple games over 500. It’s too bad because the parts are there.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Ramulous wrote: 3 years ago In the history of the University of Rhode Island men's basketball team there are only two people I want on the line to shoot 3 free throws with 4 seconds left on the clock when we are down by three......
Give me Four McGlynn
1 x