Makhi Mitchell Out for the Season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Makhi Mitchell Out for the Season

Unread post by KingstonLane »

Tough break per his Mom on Twitter. Harris haters buckle up
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Re: Makhi Mitchell Out for the Season

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I feel bad for the young man, wishing him a strong recovery
2 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

This sucks... Harris will need to REALLY REALLY step it up now.
0 x
Ram96
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ram96 »

What’s the diagnosis?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Kill me.

It just feels like this is who we are. Set backs. Mediocrity.

Get well and come back healthier Khi.

I’m going to play mad world and stare into the abyss, questioning my life.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Makes perfect sense, unreal.
0 x
GO RAMS
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Thats awful.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Damn that's a kick in the teeth. Was hoping it was just a sprain. Heal up and be stronger than ever next year. Meantime your twin will be playing for the both of you.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Maaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnn
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Son of a B
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......sucks, offers opportunity(s) for the next man/men up.......come on Jermaine the time is now.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Happened early enough to have this season be a medical redshirt ?
0 x
Clapton is God
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All players get an extra season regardless due to COVID.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Crap - heal up Makhi!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Good thing they shut him down now rather than try the rest-and-therapy thing. Give him a chance to heal and come back strong in 2021.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Circling back with some serious thoughts going forward:

- Does this injury increase the staff’s willingness to get Betrand in the mix? Seems like an easier decision now

- “Harris Haters” aside, there’s a lot of emphasis on JH and his health. You really need him and Mahkel to be disciplined on defense

- Theres been a lot of talk about finding an identity for this team. It has felt like they’re a team that should be able to play up tempo, but really haven’t for the majority of the games. A lot of “small” lineups on the table now, push the tempo and see what happens

- Injuries are a part of sports. It really sucks for the player first and foremost and second for us fans. This team thankfully had been deep from the get go. I don’t think one injury changes that out look. That being said your margin for error just got a little bit smaller. Time to grow up in a hurry
1 x
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Awful news, hope everything heals up quick and he’s back 100% next year.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Anyone know the diagnosis? Yes, hopefully Makhi is looking at a full recovery for next season.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago Circling back with some serious thoughts going forward:

- Does this injury increase the staff’s willingness to get Betrand in the mix? Seems like an easier decision now

- “Harris Haters” aside, there’s a lot of emphasis on JH and his health. You really need him and Mahkel to be disciplined on defense

- Theres been a lot of talk about finding an identity for this team. It has felt like they’re a team that should be able to play up tempo, but really haven’t for the majority of the games. A lot of “small” lineups on the table now, push the tempo and see what happens

- Injuries are a part of sports. It really sucks for the player first and foremost and second for us fans. This team thankfully had been deep from the get go. I don’t think one injury changes that out look. That being said your margin for error just got a little bit smaller. Time to grow up in a hurry
My guess is after the vote this week, AB plays.
2 x
Ibn34
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Ibn34 »

I hope the kid makes a speedy, but full recovery💪🏾
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Not surprised by the result, he went down hard. If he needs any sort of arthroscopic surgery, now would be the time to do it, in a freebee year. Could be worse, have to count your blessings on this one.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago My guess is after the vote this week, AB plays.
AB is a monster, very much looking forward to seeing him play. He could very well be the missing piece to the puzzle.
2 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Makhi, you will come back even stronger. Looking forward to seeing you back on the court next season.
0 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

I love that the Mitchell brothers chose URI. There is so much to like about them as players, but just as importantly, as supportive teammates. I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of attitude and desire, but they have not disappointed. They play hard and smart (other than some fouling issues), and when on the bench, cheer loud and often for those in the game. Here’s wishing a full and speedy recovery to Makhi. Can’t wait to see them both back together live and in person at the Ryan Center next year. Until then, Makhel, you got this so crush it.
13 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

cRAM4finals wrote: 3 years ago I love that the Mitchell brothers chose URI. There is so much to like about them as players, but just as importantly, as supportive teammates. I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of attitude and desire, but they have not disappointed. They play hard and smart (other than some fouling issues), and when on the bench, cheer loud and often for those in the game. Here’s wishing a full and speedy recovery to Makhi. Can’t wait to see them both back together live and in person at the Ryan Center next year. Until then, Makhel, you got this so crush it.
Hear hear! They have been everything we wanted and then some!

Just sucks we will have to say "I wonder how good we would be with Makhi"
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We will be much better next year when he is full strength
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Get well Makhi. Harris is what he is and will not change. I really like this team, but posters here have too big of expectations for this year. Enjoy watching these players develop and hope that they do not transfer.
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Has the program announced anything official yet? Kind of a strange way to have this play out. Injuries in college sports are always brutal, but this year it seems especially unfair.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ace wrote: 3 years ago Has the program announced anything official yet? Kind of a strange way to have this play out. Injuries in college sports are always brutal, but this year it seems especially unfair.
Came here to say the exact same thing. No press release or anything official yet, which is curious. I'm *not* saying Makhi's not out for the season, but maybe they're getting a second opinion or something?
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 3 years ago
ace wrote: 3 years ago Has the program announced anything official yet? Kind of a strange way to have this play out. Injuries in college sports are always brutal, but this year it seems especially unfair.
Came here to say the exact same thing. No press release or anything official yet, which is curious. I'm *not* saying Makhi's not out for the season, but maybe they're getting a second opinion or something?
They seem to be very slow and cautious about releasing any information. Look there was never even an official announcement or write-up other than just a tweet about our November signing, usually we see something within a few days or week.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Would guess yes on them getting a second opinion. There’s also nothing to gain by officially releasing the news today vs a week from now.

That being said I’d be skeptical about this if it was from anyone EXCEPT his mom. Sucks
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
Would guess yes on them getting a second opinion. There’s also nothing to gain by officially releasing the news today vs a week from now.
Conversely, there can be something gained (even if it’s small) by not having the information get out.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Maybe they're waiting for today's vote so they can mitigate the news with a "Makhi is out, Betrand is in" announcement?
2 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Tough break. Hopefully he keeps a good attitude and gets healthy. He looked to be settling in too.

Harris has like 10x the starts Makhi has so I think the framing in here is a little off.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

No press release but Cox confirms Makhi is out for the season
0 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »