12/9 | #13 University of Wisconsin | 4:30PM (Big Ten Network)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/9 | #13 University of Wisconsin | 4:30PM (Big Ten Network)

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago

It’s almost like it’s possible to have browsed here before having an account
That's great, but to come on after two weeks of posting and say you understand the nuances and personalities on this board is ridiculous.
I don’t even understand my own nuances and personalities.
They are are certainly not locked up in a mental institution in providence.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

ah...Fatt's misses the 3 to get the back door cover.
2 x
BCarey1315
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BCarey1315 »

URI with the ball and a chance to cover
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Literally came down to one last possession to cover or not, unreal. Not that I bet on this game, it just blows my mind! After all of that!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

We at least made it respectable in the 2nd half. There is a lot our players and coaches can take away from this game, glad we were able to schedule it.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

We need Sheppard shooting more and Fatts shooting less.
8 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Made a game of it after a terrible first half. On the road. Top 15 team. Almost covered. Will help SOS. Not a disaster.
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Disappointing game. But nice recovery in the 2nd half. Showed heart and fought to the end. Moving on to the next game.

Go Rhody!
0 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Fatts 3-14 with 1 assist and 3 turnovers. Ouch. We weren’t winning that game unless he went for 20+

On a brighter note, we fought back nicely, outscored them in the second half and actually beat them on the boards. Playing against a quality team like this will only make us more prepared for conference play.
6 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Played a lot more loose in the second. Could’ve used a few fouls from Harris tonight as well.

We weren’t ready from the tip. Glad to have closed the gap but an embarrassing effort from the start.

I think everyone knew we needed Fatts to either shoot the lights out or play in his PG lane. He did neither and it hurt us. Hopefully he dusts himself off because he’s our only shot at winning a big game.

Hopefully they take the lesson here and don’t get so star struck the next time they play a team with a ranking next to them.

If you play the whole game the way you played the last 16 mins you win. Let’s go get WKU.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago I will not hang my head. Kept it respectable, fought back, showed some grit, need to tweak how we attack bigger teams, but overall I am content.

I am muting all the negativity here, I legitimately can’t read anymore of it. The pandering, the whining and fragility is classless. Pls feel free to flame away at me, but I choose to tailor my experience here.
Relax DC

It’s a game thread on Keaneyblue folks just cut loose.

With a good draw Badgers could easily get to Elite8. We got free plane rides and a priceless game tape.

Plus I’m always up for a good D1 clinic even tho we kinda got schooled.

I’m chirping a lot about Sheppard not getting enough looks (I need 8 deep balls per game) but he needs to be a bit more assertive seeking the ball screens.

Sorry to the haters but we missed Harris tonight.
Last edited by hrstrat57 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Relax DC it’s a bulletin board. You’re a valued poster! Love the game no F quit! Just win the next one. Mr Russell love you man. Go into every game like your life depends on URI getting to the Sweet 16 and you just might make the show. Start every game like this is my showcase to get drafted and you have No Chance!

GO RHODY!
Last edited by brady1 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Would have loved to see an upset but that first half with all the turnovers and being ice cold from long range proved to much to overcome. Encouraged by the fight I saw in the second half. This is going to be a fun team to watch in A10 play.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago I will not hang my head. Kept it respectable, fought back, showed some grit, need to tweak how we attack bigger teams, but overall I am content.

I am muting all the negativity here, I legitimately can’t read anymore of it. The pandering, the whining and fragility is classless. Pls feel free to flame away at me, but I choose to tailor my experience here.
Relax DC

With a good draw Badgers could easily get to Elite8. We got free plane rides and a priceless game tape.

I’m chirping a lot about Sheppard not getting enough looks (I need 8 deep balls per game) but he needs to be a bit more assertive seeking the ball screens.

PLEASE tell me what we missed. Like you people can’t just say that and not back it up.

Did we miss his 3 point shooting? His 29% field goal percentage? His awful defense? What did we miss?
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

DC ain’t wrong. They woke up played hard. All you can do is move on and make adjustments. Need to do well the A10, don’t lose focus.
1 x
GO RAMS
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Really 15 you’ve lost your mind do you have a doll of Harris with pins in it. Seek help Dude!

GO RHODY!
2 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

Relax DC

PLEASE tell me what we missed. Like you people can’t just say that and not back it up.

Did we miss his 3 point shooting? His 29% field goal percentage? His awful defense? What did we miss?
I think he means we could have used another big body to absorb some of the fouls the Mitchell twins absorbed. That’s the only logical conclusion I can come up with.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

brady1 wrote: 3 years ago Really 15 you’ve lost your mind do you have a doll of Harris with pins in it. Seek help Dude!

GO RHODY!
I told you, he stole my girlfriend AND my spot on the team.

Can’t blame me for having sour grapes.
1 x
Go Rhody
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Ok I agree again!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago

Relax DC

I think he means we could have used another big body to absorb some of the fouls the Mitchell twins absorbed. That’s the only logical conclusion I can come up with.

I’ll 100% agree with that yes, but to me that still would have had no bearing on the game.
1 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago

Relax DC

Rhody15 will shit on Harris no matter what he does. If Harris played with a broken wrist he would criticize his shooting.
3 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago DC ain’t wrong. They woke up played hard. All you can do is move on and make adjustments. Need to do well the A10, don’t lose focus.
Of course. We should compete in the A10. But how many times with Fatts leading this team do we absolutely lay an egg for long periods of time? Its the same song and dance over and over again. Can we please please learn to make adjustments when either A Fatts shot is off which is frequently B he is forcing the issue and playing sloppy or C combination of the 2. Can Cox learn how to use a timeout? Can we get an assistant to work with the bigs to teach them how to play D without fouling?

Yes we didnt quit which was great but still so much to improve on. And its the same things as it always is. Need to learn how to adjust in the flow of the game not just at halftime.
Last edited by FDshoes 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Harris actually makes an impact on games depending on the match up not sure his athleticism against those tree might have been just what The DR ordered but we’ll never no!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

Is it me or did the rims look / hear a bit loose
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m not leaving, just muting some folks for my own piece of mind. Being upset is normal, but the Armageddon posts from some is just asinine and frankly BI-POLAR. People gave up 10 minutes into the game. Those boys fought through a bad game...I LOVE IT
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Dino611 wrote: 3 years ago Is it me or did the rims look / hear a bit loose
......and I thought the pills were not inflated properly......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

That’s it DC hang in there! Blue man is my favorite fan so let’s just make the f’n Dance and were all on the same f’n mountain shooting down!

GO RHODY!
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Relax DC

We missed his minutes and better foul shooting. Agree I should have included that in my post....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Back to the actual game, I was thrilled when this game was announced and yes playing on short notice against a top 15 team is tough, but I wish we got more out of this game. We slept walked through the first half and Wisconsin took their foot off the pedal and "allowed" us to get back in the game. We'll be a good team in our league but to compete with top 20'ish type teams, we'll need to get alot better in many areas (including coaching) which we will. 10 MISSED free throws and 10 MISSED 3-pointers and only 4 assists with 14 turnovers will not win you many games. At least we escaped with no injuries, WKU is not a must win, but we'll learn alot about this team after that game.
1 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Random thoughts after tonights game:

-LOVE when Carey takes it to the hole
-Mitchell twins are playing tough and are very skilled
-Fatts will find his shot...and be great
-DJ has a sweet stroke but needs to take better shots
-Ish is a player and ahead of schedule
-Sheppard is smooth and in control
-Walker has talent and a big heart
-Martin is well rounded and tough

Even after this loss, there's a lot to be excited about
5 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

It is a shame they we not prepared to play the first half . Talent level at least even , but Wisconsin was more poised . that could be attributed to having 5 starting seniors. Rhody must learn poise and patience going forward if they expect to compete in the NCAA Tournament. 11 torn overs in the first half sealed their fate . The officiating of this game wasn't helpful either. Still don't know why Wisconsin received fts on the Leggett play . Did they actually call him for a foul ? If so that is a joke.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Can anyone explain the reason why Wisconsin shot free throws when Legget got double elbows to the face?
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Relax DC

We missed his minutes and better foul shooting. Agree I should have included that in my post....

He shoots 45.5% from the FT line this year, worst on the team.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Can anyone explain the reason why Wisconsin shot free throws when Legget got double elbows to the face?
Great question
1 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

He shoots 45.5% from the FT line this year, worst on the team.
He has only taken 11! If anything the past 2 years showed us FT shooting is the best part of his game. We need an assistant that is better at working with our bigs. Helping Cox run some plays inside and more importantly teaching better footwork and when to leave your feet for a block attempr to limit fouls.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

luke wrote: 3 years ago It is a shame they we not prepared to play the first half . Talent level at least even , but Wisconsin was more poised . that could be attributed to having 5 starting seniors. Rhody must learn poise and patience going forward if they expect to compete in the NCAA Tournament. 11 torn overs in the first half sealed their fate . The officiating of this game wasn't helpful either. Still don't know why Wisconsin received fts on the Leggett play . Did they actually call him for a foul ? If so that is a joke.
Wow, talk about perspective. Wisconsin is built to win a title! 5 seniors?? Holy shit....
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice 2h URI if we played like that 1h we give them a good game

Wiscy is very good they won’t beat themselves
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

15 Wtf is wrong with you!

Throw another Dart at your Harris picture in your moms basement or tell your other to practice their yes honey Harris suck routine for Bed

Just spare the rest of us your nonsense!

GO RHODY!
3 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
luke wrote: 3 years ago It is a shame they we not prepared to play the first half . Talent level at least even , but Wisconsin was more poised . that could be attributed to having 5 starting seniors. Rhody must learn poise and patience going forward if they expect to compete in the NCAA Tournament. 11 torn overs in the first half sealed their fate . The officiating of this game wasn't helpful either. Still don't know why Wisconsin received fts on the Leggett play . Did they actually call him for a foul ? If so that is a joke.
Wow, talk about perspective. Wisconsin is built to win a title! 5 seniors?? Holy shit....

Even tho im probably blocked by now. We start 4 upperclassmen. 2 seniors 2 juniors. Granted they havent played together for 3 or 4 years. But its not "wow talk abt perspective" worthy. No excuses for how flat and sloppy we played in the first half.
5 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I did not watch it but followed the score updates. The final score makes it appear respectable even though it never was.

3- 3 overall record is really not all that bad considering the competition. If I am not mistaken, all six games to date have been against teams from conferences that were rated above the A- 10 last season:

ACC
BIG TEN
BIG EAST
PAC- 12
AAC
WCC
2 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Can anyone explain the reason why Wisconsin shot free throws when Legget got double elbows to the face?
Looking at the play by play on CBS sports, I believe they called a foul on Ish when the first elbow hit him and then a foul on Davis for the second elbow.

Let me just say I disagree with the refs on that one.
Last edited by Urifan91 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Despite our performance in the first half, I still like our roster a lot, and think with a little bit of fine tuning we can compete for the A-10 title. Most of the guys on our roster never played together before this year. That needs to be taken into account. We’ll have some growing pains, but there’s a lot to like about this team.
3 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago
I believe they called a foul on Ish when the first elbow hit him and then a foul on Davis for the second elbow.

Let me just say I disagree with the refs on that one.
I need to see it again, but that sounds crazy
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Good experience for a run at the A10 title.

I often wonder what Fatts practices to have such lows. I was hoping that fouling out of the first game of his senior year would have got his mind calibrated.

Hopefully Rhody continues to grow.
4 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Urifan91 wrote: 3 years ago Check the 10:29 mark in second half
https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... 9_RI@WISC/

As i said previously, I never complain about officiating. In fact, I have spent a lot of time here complaining about posters that complain about officiating. It had absolutely no impact on the game, but that was a God awful call. I just watched it again and the only parts of Ish that hit the Badger player were his forehead and his nose. There was absolutely no contact by Ish with his body, hands, legs, etc.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Patience is key for this fan base. I don’t have much though.
2 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree that call was one of the worst I have seen
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago Despite our performance in the first half, I still like our roster a lot, and think with a little bit of fine tuning we can compete for the A-10 title. Most of the guys on our roster never played together before this year. That needs to be taken into account. We’ll have some growing pains, but there’s a lot to like about this team.
A ton to like about this team. I still stand by the opinion that this is the deepest and potentially most talented team we’ve ever had.

But coming out tonight was embarrassing and an affront to the school colors. From the coach on down it was terrible from the start.

Doesn’t change what this team can be, but it was an inexcusably poor effort for 75% of the game.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago Under 20 points in a half, is that good?
I remember a few Jerry D games like that. This first half triggered my PTSD from a very specific Temple game
4 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines