12/9 | #13 University of Wisconsin | 4:30PM (Big Ten Network)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: 12/9 | #13 University of Wisconsin | 4:30PM (Big Ten Network)

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

For all the time I spent on the phone with Comcast to add BTN, this is my reward.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
4Diffs
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 4Diffs »

What an utterly pathetic performance. Painful to watch all the way around. Coaching is beyond pathetic. Come on Cox play your best players and let me tell you that does not include Jalen Carey or Antoine Walker. Man we are a painful offensive team. Turnover machines both of them. Blessing in disguise last game as Carey is beyond playable. Nothing but a street ball player with no skill other than putting his head down and running wildly into the lane. Yes I am a little pissed at the stupid foul at the end of the half as well.

How can Walker and Carey (And the Mitchells) get so many minutes and Ish plays like two minutes and Harris does not play at all? Really coach. I am longing for Harris to play, at least he knows his role, plays solid defense and will be in the right place on offense. How many f'ing times does Antoine Walker have to be told where to go on offense. And the lack of skill on this team is incredible. How many turnovers did we have in that first half? Many of the unforced just no skill variety.

They are turnover machines, Walker and Carey. Sorry I love Cox but I really think he has no idea about rotations and who his best players on. I never come on these game threads and bitch but holy shit this game is brutal. Sit Carey, play Harris, try to get Johnson involved more. Anyone who is a threat to put the ball in the basket should be on the floor. And for Christ sakes, move the ball on offense.

Yes we play hard on defense (not smart either coaching wise or playing wise, how the hell do you go under two ball screens in the first four minutes on their best shooter). If Harris was playing that would not have happened, but let me tell you basketball 101. You do not go under ball screens on shooters!! Yet we do it all game. You only go under if someone is hedging which the Mitchell twins are obviously incapable of doing.

Bottom line, we are not very good. If we cannot turn a team over, or bully them on the boards, we are not skilled enough or well coached enough to compensate with how bad we shoot the ball and how careless we are with the basketball.

Utterly demoralizing watching that half.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

4Diffs wrote: 3 years ago What an utterly pathetic performance. Painful to watch all the way around. Coaching is beyond pathetic. Come on Cox play your best players and let me tell you that does not include Jalen Carey or Antoine Walker. Man we are a painful offensive team. Turnover machines both of them. Blessing in disguise last game as Carey is beyond playable. Nothing but a street ball player with no skill other than putting his head down and running wildly into the lane. Yes I am a little pissed at the stupid foul at the end of the half as well.

How can Walker and Carey (And the Mitchells) get so many minutes and Ish plays like two minutes and Harris does not play at all? Really coach. I am longing for Harris to play, at least he knows his role, plays solid defense and will be in the right place on offense. How many f'ing times does Antoine Walker have to be told where to go on offense. And the lack of skill on this team is incredible. How many turnovers did we have in that first half? Many of the unforced just no skill variety.

They are turnover machines, Walker and Carey. Sorry I love Cox but I really think he has no idea about rotations and who his best players on. I never come on these game threads and bitch but holy shit this game is brutal. Sit Carey, play Harris, try to get Johnson involved more. Anyone who is a threat to put the ball in the basket should be on the floor. And for Christ sakes, move the ball on offense.

Yes we play hard on defense (not smart either coaching wise or playing wise, how the hell do you go under two ball screens in the first four minutes on their best shooter). If Harris was playing that would not have happened, but let me tell you basketball 101. You do not go under ball screens on shooters!! Yet we do it all game. You only go under if someone is hedging which the Mitchell twins are obviously incapable of doing.

Bottom line, we are not very good. If we cannot turn a team over, or bully them on the boards, we are not skilled enough or well coached enough to compensate with how bad we shoot the ball and how careless we are with the basketball.

You know Harris didn't travel with the team, right?
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhody cuts it to 14
We are playing 5 on 8 as the big 10 refs giving Wiscy every call
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

4Diffs wrote: 3 years ago What an utterly pathetic performance. Painful to watch all the way around. Coaching is beyond pathetic. Come on Cox play your best players and let me tell you that does not include Jalen Carey or Antoine Walker. Man we are a painful offensive team. Turnover machines both of them. Blessing in disguise last game as Carey is beyond playable. Nothing but a street ball player with no skill other than putting his head down and running wildly into the lane. Yes I am a little pissed at the stupid foul at the end of the half as well.

Harris is not only not playing he’s sick back in Rhode Island. Wasted your breath typing up that 5 paragraph essay when you could have told us in two sentences you have no idea what you’re talking about
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Harris isn't playing. Walker has had a fantastic year..Ish came in and got blocked twice (he's still one of my favorite players). They all had a horrible half against one of the better teams in the nation. RELAX...
Last edited by steveystuds06 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Exhibit A how a good amount of people on this board know absolutely nothing about basketball.

Also, it’s not Antoine, it’s Antwan. And Walker has been one of the best players of the season so far.

Blindly bitching about playing Harris, when Harris isn’t even in the state of Wisconsin.

Some posters are so clueless and flat out ignorant it’s embarrassing to the fan base.
3 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Would have been nice to have JH

Get healthy for Sunday baby
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Saying it now, when HARRIS came back, we were 3-0...
2 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago For all the time I spent on the phone with Comcast to add BTN, this is my reward.
I handled it via chat with Cox...took a while 'cause I stopped paying attention a few times...hopefully,it cancels just as easy
0 x
Smokinjimit2
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Smokinjimit2 »

Not as good as we thought. Wisconsin is not only better physically but their basketball team IQ is a lot higher than ours. It shows almost every possession. I don’t expect much different in the second half.

Maybe we could pull a “meatballs” and pants them and then run to the bus instead of playing the second half.

That being said let’s go RHODY.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Saying it now, when HARRIS came back, we were 3-0...

Yup, his 9% career 3 point shooting, 29% FG this year and season averages of 5 points and 2 rebounds would have really made the difference against the 13th ranked team in the country...
0 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Make your free throws Khi !!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

One positive I'm seeing. Malik Martin. I love his energy so far in the second half.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Forearm shiver on Khi with no foul, that's great.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago I feel like it’s the same move over and over again with this program. Pretty much for my entire life.

We just aren’t big time. Aren’t ready for it. Crumble when it counts.
Waaaahhh waaahhhhh waahhhhh...
Dude are you even a fucking fan?

You showed up here when the coach showed up. Miss me with this bullshit and go ask your boy why he felt the need to call a timeout and stop our offensive momentum the first time we showed any.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Anyone have any idea what the hell happened with that sequence? We went to the monitor to review it for a flagrant but just still have to count the basket? Pretty nuts. Just don’t even review it at that point. Or am I missing something?
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Their posts are just abusing us.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago Their posts are just abusing us.
No answer. They make the twins look small.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago I feel like it’s the same move over and over again with this program. Pretty much for my entire life.

They start 5 seniors, we have 8 new players. They are the 13th ranked team in the country, we are not.

I’d rather get killed than have no game for 7+ days.
5 x
Go Rhody
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Goodnight.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

You showed up here when the coach showed up. Miss me with this bullshit and go ask your boy why he felt the need to call a timeout and stop our offensive momentum the first time we showed any.

Calling a timeout after we score a bucket and/or have momentum.

A Cox staple. And a dumb one.
2 x
Go Rhody
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

College Refs need to relax. “ANDDD 1” gets you a Tech? What the hell are we doing here
1 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

I think we all need to take a deep breath and chill out.
This game was very last minute, quick turnaround, little preparation, and you are playing one of the best teams in the Big10 on their court. They are loaded with seniors, played together awhile, very sound, and disciplined. Our roster is loaded with new faces, we need to use this game as a learning experience and move on.
Last edited by Jersey77 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Stupid stupid.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

The Ts are BS.
0 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago I think we all need to take a deep breathe and chill out.
This game was very last minute, quick turnaround, little preparation, and you are playing one of the best teams in the Big10 on their court. They are loaded with seniors, played together awhile, very sound, and disciplined. Our roster is loaded with new faces, we need to use this game as a learning experience and move on.
Exactly. I certainly thought we would perform better than this, but a loss was inevitable.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Smokinjimit2 wrote: 3 years ago Not as good as we thought. Wisconsin is not only better physically but their basketball team IQ is a lot higher than ours. It shows almost every possession. I don’t expect much different in the second half.

Maybe we could pull a “meatballs” and pants them and then run to the bus instead of playing the second half.

That being said let’s go RHODY.
I'll take pantsing at this point...
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago I think we all need to take a deep breathe and chill out.
Difference between "learning experience" and getting your ass kicked so badly the infighting and blame game starts. This is a putrid showing i dont care how good and experienced Wisconsin is. No excuse for the CYO level ball our guys are playing!!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm out. This game is done.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

How's the Everclear going down?
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Refs are awful just awful
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago

Calling a timeout after we score a bucket and/or have momentum.

A Cox staple. And a dumb one.
He got that from Hurls
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Love the opportunity still, but knowing two days before, and then flying half way across the country the day of, puts our guys in a TOUGH spot.
1 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago

They start 5 seniors, we have 8 new players. They are the 13th ranked team in the country, we are not.

I’d rather get killed than have no game for 7+ days.
Oh for sure I never expected a win. Allow me to wax poetic and think of my 20s where we used to do this all the time.

This was the perfect storm of playing a better team and straight up not showing up.

Sucks but it is what it is. A depressing one for sure, albeit not unexpected.

Hopefully there’s a lesson in here to be learned that can help in the A10.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Refs are awful just awful
Enough about the refs!!! We have scored 31 pts in 28 minutes!!! That is only on us not the refs. This team is playing like a DIII program
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Dumbass technicals. You're getting your butts kicked and you get 2 technicals. Unacceptable.. play the game and keep your mouths shut.. more embarrassing than the performance on the court itself..
2 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Love the opportunity still, but knowing two days before, and then flying half way across the country the day of, puts our guys in a TOUGH spot.
That 2 hr flight is just so exhausting!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Badgers = old school basketball

Box out, rebound share the ball - team.

Clinic so far.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Ok. Here we go. I am not buying into Carey like I never bought into Tyrese. Sorry. Seems to carry himself the same way. Indifferent. Emotionless. Not team. I’m sure it’s the eggnog I had earlier
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Come on people. Do any one here know college basketball? Do you guys know how dam good Wisconsin? How good of a program Wisconsin is?
They literally have big ass trees down low. And they keep coming.

Please guys understand that this game is an amazing learning experience. I hate moral victories as much as anyone but look at the facts.

Do you guys know what the twins are going to do to the A10. No one in the A10 will be able to match up. Rhody is in a great position.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

RI_Bred wrote: 3 years ago How's the Everclear going down?
A lot better than this game.
2 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Nice keep fighting!

GO RHODY!
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Wisconsin is a Top 10 caliber team, maybe Top 5. They are extremely experienced, tough, disciplined, well-coached, coming off a tough loss that they're pissed about, and playing at home not having to travel.

You all know what URI consists of currently comparatively.

This is a good reality check for this team, as long as Cox can use it as a teaching game. Lots of hoops to play yet guys (hopefully). Don't abandon ship just yet!
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Let's go Ish!!!!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

That was such an obvious elbow to the face.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

FDshoes wrote: 3 years ago
Enough about the refs!!! We have scored 31 pts in 28 minutes!!! That is only on us not the refs. This team is playing like a DIII program
You’ve clearly never seen a D3 program play
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Rhodysk wrote: 3 years ago Come on people. Do any one here know college basketball? Do you guys know how dam good Wisconsin? How good of a program Wisconsin is?
They literally have big ass trees down low. And they keep coming.

Please guys understand that this game is an amazing learning experience. I hate moral victories as much as anyone but look at the facts.

Do you guys know what the twins are going to do to the A10. No one in the A10 will be able to match up. Rhody is in a great position.

This is not a learning expierence or moral anything at this point this is an embarrassing ass kicking!! Wisconsin is good yes. But they lost to Marquette and have played 3 bums thus far. They arent this good. We didnt show up.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

No sense in crying about it. Next game, move on. We were ice cold and stuck in the mud. Good teams go through adversity. Good teams have multiple bad games. Good teams even get blown out. This isn’t an indictment on the remainder of the season. If it is, we should hang it up now.
1 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
FDshoes wrote: 3 years ago
You’ve clearly never seen a D3 program play
Pretty sure i have, they certainly shoot better then we do.
0 x