PC game cancelled - WHY???

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: PC game cancelled - WHY???

Unread post by theblueram »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
.......yes, exactly for me, and then I ask of our posters, we will just on the bus to the Dump in 2021........?
I don't go to that shithole anymore. Not in over a decade.
......What I meant was, our TEAM will just get on the bus to PC next season......?
Our team will play anyone, anywhere.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago Can you imagine having this douche as the head coach of your team?? “The championship of the Big East does not go through Kingston” You’re right Ed, any educated college basketball fan knows the championship of the Big East goes through Fairleigh Ridiculous. LOL. What a cowardly tool.
The Big East Championship doesn’t go thru Providence either Ed.
6 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Big Ed really looks bad here and getting worse every time he opens his mouth. Sounds like an asshat with today’s comments. The king of the participation trophy talking like he’s Duke or Nova. Gtfoh.
8 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago Big Ed really looks bad here and getting worse every time he opens his mouth. Sounds like an asshat with today’s comments. The king of the participation trophy talking like he’s Duke or Nova. Gtfoh.
In what is now his 10th year as head coach at PC he has one NCAA tournament win. LOL. I’m surprised his fat head can fit through the door with that ego. Guy is such a tool. He also sounds like an uneducated buffoon every time he talks.
1 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago Listen to this clown!!!

Coward. Plain & simple. A reckless coward. Taking his team across the country during a pandemic despite the serious risks to their safety & ducking a rivalry. Shameful.
2 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Every time Cooley opens his mouth he comes off as a jackass. But more telling with regard to his professional duties, he comes off as not being very bright. He doesn't even seem to comprehend a basic principle of life - it's not important how things are, but how things appear to be."
5 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

After listening to Cooley, I am so done with them. I hope we never play PC again, it is very obvious that this long time in-state rivalry means nothing to him. Cooley says it's just a game, nothing special, no concerns about how the fan base in Rhode Island (both teams) feels. I guess he didn't notice all the excitement generated during the Wisconsin/Marquette game last night. Ramster was definitely on target here.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Everyone, even Cooley, must know the championship of the Big East goes through Philadelphia.

Seems like the question got under his skin. Was he feeling a little guilty? Probably not.

He used to be the plucky underdog who worked his way up from South Providence to become a successful D1 coach in his home state: the American Dream, as Rothstein likes to say. I think that nickname has to be put to bed, now that he is acting like an entitled jerk. The administration must be ok with his stance, though. They didn’t put a stop to it.

Any sane person would say pull out of the trip to TCU and play URI instead. In this pandemic year, no way would the Big East force them to play that game. One of these Big East - Big 12 games has already been cancelled.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago Everyone, even Cooley, must know the championship of the Big East goes through Philadelphia.
And that guy plays Temple and St. Joe’s and La Salle and Penn each season (not this one) and doesn’t love it but also doesn’t bitch about it. I don’t really have a dog in this fight and there are enough obnoxious fans on all sides, but that’s Cooley. He’s got the rep of being a “good guy” and that’s not going anywhere, but man do people make a lot of excuses for him.
4 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Isn’t Fat Eddies only BIG DANCE win a play in game.***********************************************!

GO RHODY! :
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago After listening to Cooley, I am so done with them. I hope we never play PC again, it is very obvious that this long time in-state rivalry means nothing to him. Cooley says it's just a game, nothing special, no concerns about how the fan base in Rhode Island (both teams) feels. I guess he didn't notice all the excitement generated during the Wisconsin/Marquette game last night. Ramster was definitely on target here.
Ed Cooley is a fucking asshole for doing this. I'm a Junior right now and next year would've been my last home PC game in the student section but nope, now that's ruined and we have to play at the Dunk in 2021.

URI should find a new rival if PC and their fans don't wanna play us. They can keep losing NCAA tourney games for all I care and scheduling cupcakes like FDU.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago After listening to Cooley, I am so done with them. I hope we never play PC again, it is very obvious that this long time in-state rivalry means nothing to him. Cooley says it's just a game, nothing special, no concerns about how the fan base in Rhode Island (both teams) feels. I guess he didn't notice all the excitement generated during the Wisconsin/Marquette game last night. Ramster was definitely on target here.
Ed Cooley is a fucking asshole for doing this. I'm a Junior right now and next year would've been my last home PC game in the student section but nope, now that's ruined and we have to play at the Dunk in 2021.

URI should find a new rival if PC and their fans don't wanna play us. They can keep losing NCAA tourney games for all I care and scheduling cupcakes like FDU.
Emotions aside even if they played this year next years game would have been at the Dunk too.
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago

Emotions aside even if they played this year next years game would have been at the Dunk too.
Oh. Would they not switch back and forth like usual? If they played this year it would've been at alumni hall, which is a home game for PC.
0 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Oh. Would they not switch back and forth like usual? If they played this year it would've been at alumni hall, which is a home game for PC.
I believe URI had agreed/offered to allow them to keep it home again next year. Makes sense. A rivalry home game is more about the guaranteed sell out and concessions
1 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

I believe URI had agreed/offered to allow them to keep it home again next year. Makes sense. A rivalry home game is more about the guaranteed sell out and concessions
ah ok I didn't know that. Hopefully they give URI fans more tickets then because 2 years is quite a long time to wait to attend a PC URI rivalry game.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Eddie C is a tool we would have smoked them this year baby
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Eddie C is a tool we would have smoked them this year baby
Don’t worry - there is always next year when we will be just as talented!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I give Kevin Mc credit for asking the question. Cooley didn't even let Kevin get the words out of his mouth before he jumped al over the subject. Nobody else has asked Cooley about this and just I I would have guessed Cooley exploded. What a tool.

Cooley lied about not being able to find an agreeable date for the game. That would be my question to him "why did you lie?" "What purpose did it serve you to lie and then allow all of this conjecture by fans about whether URI-PC would be at Alumni Hall this year and again at PC Dunkin Donuts Center next year as well? Why not be perfectly honest and clear?"

Bottom line is he didn't want to play URI and he used Covid-19 to enable dropping the game. Just so you vastly overrated D1 Coach.

Cooley was asked if he was happy he decided to play a ‘developmental game’ against FDU rather than add another high-level contest against state rival the Rhode Island Rams. That’s been a beaten-up point of contention among fans of both PC and URI for months now and the coach chose to reiterate his reasoning for drawing up his schedule the way he did.
So that’s it folks. No more asking about the decision not to play the Rams this season.
See you all next year Friar and Ram fans – at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.

Nah, you won't see me at the Dunkin' Donuts Center next year. Treating fans like this and talking down to fans like this at a time when people are suffering is horrible. Please spare me any talk of fans not supporting their teams next season - Cooley does not deserve fans at his games.

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What a tool....

He talks about how young and inexperienced his team is. Always full of excuses.
He has Duke, Reeves, Watson, Gantt all back from last year plus experienced transfers in Bynum, Croswell, Goodine and Horchler. Jimmy Nichols was a starter at the beginning of last year. Monroe was also on the team last year.
He does not have a young team.
He does have a team that shoots poorly overall and has played some horrendous defense vs Alabama and Indiana.

At the 4:40 minute mark watch how Cooley cuts off Kevin Mac, not even hearing the whole question, and goes into his rant.

2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Did I hear Ed’s Cooley say “that shit is dead?” to Channel 12? Nice language coming from a representative of a self-described Catholic school.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 3 years ago Did I hear Ed’s Cooley say “that shit is dead?” to Channel 12? Nice language coming from a representative of a self-described Catholic school.
I heard the same thing. Hence my earlier post saying that he sounds like an uneducated buffoon every time he speaks. I can’t stand the guy. How he has the good guy reputation is beyond me.
3 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I've heard from multiple people that Cooley is a good guy; but he is all wrong about this and should just admit why he didn't want to play us. as far as I am concerned; the series can be dropped.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

A lot of the same bashing over and over again in this thread. I get everyone’s frustrated but it really is what it is at this point. You hated PC before 2020 and you can continue hating them in 2021 and beyond.

I by no means want to defend Cooley, and absolutely think he took the cowards way out this year, but imagine your team is struggling and your 5 games into the season getting asked about a team not on your schedule? Has to be super frustrating and he just hit a boiling point after his guys laid another egg against FDU.

My two cents is the rivalry is back on next year whether Cooley likes it or not. A year after losing a full seasons worth of ticket revenue and concessions you can bet your ass any AD in the country wants a guaranteed sell out on their schedule.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

If I was on the NCAA selection committee and PC was on the bubble I would keep them out and then issue a statement that we don’t reward teams the duck natural rivals to try to play the system. Rivalries are good for the sport, it’s the reason college athletics can make money. If more teams simply avoid the rivalry games the interest in the sport will die off. The big east needed UConn to come back to make their games interesting because there is nostalgic rivalries with Nova, St. John’s, and GTown. They are not in the league to be rivals with PC no matter how much the PC people want to will that into existence. Those games will never have the juice of a URI/PC game which divides the state up and has real emotions. Glad to hear it’s “just another game” nonsense was actually called out on Cooley for once.
1 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago If I was on the NCAA selection committee and PC was on the bubble I would keep them out and then issue a statement that we don’t reward teams the duck natural rivals to try to play the system. Rivalries are good for the sport, it’s the reason college athletics can make money. If more teams simply avoid the rivalry games the interest in the sport will die off. The big east needed UConn to come back to make their games interesting because there is nostalgic rivalries with Nova, St. John’s, and GTown. They are not in the league to be rivals with PC no matter how much the PC people want to will that into existence. Those games will never have the juice of a URI/PC game which divides the state up and has real emotions. Glad to hear it’s “just another game” nonsense was actually called out on Cooley for once.
Thankfully you’re not on the NCAA Selection Committee then
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago If I was on the NCAA selection committee and PC was on the bubble I would keep them out and then issue a statement that we don’t reward teams the duck natural rivals to try to play the system.
Since that's not at all how it works - they DO reward teams that play the system....I wouldn't hold breath waiting for that committee invite ;)
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Noticing rivalry games being played.
Wisconsin kept its rivalry game with Marquette earlier this week
Xavier is playing mid-major Cincinnati today.

See Ed other Big East teams play their rivals instead of ducking them. Quack Quack.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago Noticing rivalry games being played.

See Ed other Big East teams play their rivals instead of ducking them. Quack Quack.
Cincy isn’t a mid major, let’s be realistic now.

Was UConn a mid major last year when they were in the American? Of course not.

Is Gonzaga a mid major? Of course not.

Neither is Cincinnati.
0 x
Go Rhody
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago A lot of the same bashing over and over again in this thread. I get everyone’s frustrated but it really is what it is at this point. You hated PC before 2020 and you can continue hating them in 2021 and beyond.

I by no means want to defend Cooley, and absolutely think he took the cowards way out this year, but imagine your team is struggling and your 5 games into the season getting asked about a team not on your schedule? Has to be super frustrating and he just hit a boiling point after his guys laid another egg against FDU.

My two cents is the rivalry is back on next year whether Cooley likes it or not. A year after losing a full seasons worth of ticket revenue and concessions you can bet your ass any AD in the country wants a guaranteed sell out on their schedule.
.......as for next year and beyond, I unfortunately see a scenario where this game will be ending up at the Dump, every year.......and some cooked up BS where the “team” will alternate from year to year with some concoction of game revenue sharing......hopefully URI folks will not cave into something like this.......I do not even like the game next year at the Dump, PC should have lost that......maybe the series is done for awhile.......rather not play it at all rather the reality/perception that PC dictates the scenario.......just how I feel....
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

^that demand will end the series permanently. No URI president will agree to have a 8000 seat on campus arena empty. Games like that are the reason the building was built.

Agree with others I will support URI administration and AD if the series ends. We don’t need them anymore. Pay the coach and staff properly, upgrade Tootell and move on.
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Fuck em. That shit is dead. PeeCee eats elbows and Tripe, We eat T-Bones.

Ed, get back in your cave moon bat.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago A lot of the same bashing over and over again in this thread. I get everyone’s frustrated but it really is what it is at this point. You hated PC before 2020 and you can continue hating them in 2021 and beyond.

.......as for next year and beyond, I unfortunately see a scenario where this game will be ending up at the Dump, every year.......and some cooked up BS where the “team” will alternate from year to year with some concoction of game revenue sharing......hopefully URI folks will not cave into something like this.......I do not even like the game next year at the Dump, PC should have lost that......maybe the series is done for awhile.......rather not play it at all rather the reality/perception that PC dictates the scenario.......just how I feel....
There’s no way our home game should return to the dunkin dump. I’d rather not play them then to cow tow to their overinflated egos.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ace wrote: 3 years ago
JimSidd wrote: 3 years ago Everyone, even Cooley, must know the championship of the Big East goes through Philadelphia.
And that guy plays Temple and St. Joe’s and La Salle and Penn each season (not this one) and doesn’t love it but also doesn’t bitch about it. I don’t really have a dog in this fight and there are enough obnoxious fans on all sides, but that’s Cooley. He’s got the rep of being a “good guy” and that’s not going anywhere, but man do people make a lot of excuses for him.
Ace I’ll try to dig it up later but I remember an interview with Jay Wright (or a cbs person quoting him last winter) saying he loves the big 5 games and those rivalry games help prepare them for conference play.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago
Ace I’ll try to dig it up later but I remember an interview with Jay Wright (or a cbs person quoting him last winter) saying he loves the big 5 games and those rivalry games help prepare them for conference play.
The Villanova games against St Joe's and Temple were both postponed. It's a screwed up year you people need to get over yourselves.

It's not even that big a deal this year does not look like PC will be that good and the top half of the A10 looks to be quite solid. Uri take care of business there they will be good
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

woodennickel1 wrote: 3 years ago

The Villanova games against St Joe's and Temple were both postponed. It's a screwed up year you people need to get over yourselves.
I don’t really need to do anything, but I am laughing my way through this whole thread. I indicated that the Big 5 games were off this season. My point, again, is that Jay Wright doesn’t feel the need to throw a tantrum when he is asked about them, and he has actually accomplished major things as a coach.

I’ll maybe try to muster some goodwill towards PC eventually- buoyed by my historical affection for Michael Smith- what with the all-in conference thing and all that, but I’ll embrace the reprieve this season.
Last edited by ace 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

You need to get over yourselves bro go back to your program board.

Hope you enjoyed that pathetic performance against FDU. You guys couldnt shoot if your life depended on it and have two good players. Good luck losing the big east is year.

Your program has as much of a shot in winning the big east as URI does this year lmao. Yeah I wrote that right. Meaning you literally have no shot. Your team has no chance in competing in that league this year. Must be nice to have a coach that literally loses all the non conference games.

To barely go .500 in nonconference every year and hope you get a prayer in the conference play is not going to work.

Talk to me when Cooley gets an NCAA win again. That NCAA record is pathetic I think you should be worried about your program and go to your board then worried about what's written on here. UCONN is going to over take you in your own big east and us Rhody fans are going to sit back and laugh.

Your program is slipping big and you gus are too pompous to even realize it.

Good luck watching your team get destroyed every game this year. No way PC wins by 13 to seton hall. More like a 13 point loss.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

My understanding is that, while he respects the tradition of the Big 5, it does limit scheduling a bit, especially as they move to 20 conference games. But, he understands how much people love it, so he at least says the right thing and accepts it for what it is.
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Sorry woodenickel you make a point that makes no sense - comparing a deliberate act by Cooley to a random event is irrational. We are in the midst of a pandemic when schools are scheduling opponents because of their proximity; schools that many have never played before. So it is especially egregious when in the face of that reality, PC actually drops a close by traditional rival to play a far off game or, in the case of Fairly Ridiculous, plays a game just to pad their W column. And then garnish the act by making a truly selfish comment that you do things for the benefit of PC and only PC, and repeat the statement and end it with ... period. Nothing can be more dogmatic. A basketball game involves two teams and it is thoughtless to infer only your teams counts and dismiss the feelings and loyalties of of the players, the staff, the fans of other teams, as if they have no right to have concerns or opinions. Your selfish, dogmatic statement that "you people need to get over yourselves" is ironically more applicable to you. It is obvious that you come on this board as some sort of PC Thought gestapo, something that would never be tolerated on your board and since your goal here is not to add value, I'm starting to think you should be banned.
3 x
woodennickel1
ARD

sevegny7 wrote: 3 years ago

Hope you enjoyed that pathetic performance against FDU. You guys couldnt shoot if your life depended on it and have two good players. Good luck losing the big east is year.

Your program has as much of a shot in winning the big east as URI does this year lmao. Yeah I wrote that right. Meaning you literally have no shot. Your team has no chance in competing in that league this year. Must be nice to have a coach that literally loses all the non conference games.

To barely go .500 in nonconference every year and hope you get a prayer in the conference play is not going to work.

Talk to me when Cooley gets an NCAA win again. That NCAA record is pathetic I think you should be worried about your program and go to your board then worried about what's written on here. UCONN is going to over take you in your own big east and us Rhody fans are going to sit back and laugh.

Good luck watching your team get destroyed every game this year. No way PC wins by 13 to seton hall. More like a 13 point loss.
Your team lost to BC without there best player and then beat Seton Hall without it starting star pg and you guys are ready to anoint yourselves national contenders. Just remember what happened last year you also jumped out early and crumbled down the stretch. While PC started slow and was clearly in the tournament while you were clearly out.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

sevegny7 wrote: 3 years ago

Your team lost to BC without there best player and then beat Seton Hall without it starting star pg and you guys are ready to anoint yourselves national contenders. Just remember what happened last year you also jumped out early and crumbled down the stretch. While PC started slow and was clearly in the tournament while you were clearly out.
Lol whatever helps you sleep. Why are you even here?
1 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago Sorry woodenickel you make a point that makes no sense - comparing a deliberate act by Cooley to a random event is irrational. We are in the midst of a pandemic when schools are scheduling opponents because of their proximity; schools that many have never played before. So it is especially egregious when in the face of that reality, PC actually drops a close by traditional rival to play a far off game or, in the case of Fairly Ridiculous, plays a game just to pad their W column. And then garnish the act by making a truly selfish comment that you do things for the benefit of PC and only PC, and repeat the statement and end it with ... period. Nothing can be more dogmatic. A basketball game involves two teams and it is thoughtless to infer only your teams counts and dismiss the feelings and loyalties of of the players, the staff, the fans of other teams, as if they have no right to have concerns or opinions. Your selfish, dogmatic statement that "you people need to get over yourselves" is ironically more applicable to you. It is obvious that you come on this board as some sort of PC Thought gestapo, something that would never be tolerated on your board and since your goal here is not to add value, I'm starting to think you should be banned.
He says he is going to look out for Providence college and does not think playing that game is in the best interest of PC. While I don't necessarily agree with him he certainly has that right.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

It's not about rights, it's about class and respect. BTW, on any subject you care to consider, there are no rights without responsibilities.
2 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago It's not about rights, it's about class and respect. BTW, on any subject you care to consider, there are no rights without responsibilities.
So you are saying it is his responsibility to play Uri ? Sorry I disagree while I do not agree with his decision. Every coach in the country is always going to do what is best for their team.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Obadiah wrote: 3 years ago It's not about rights, it's about class and respect. BTW, on any subject you care to consider, there are no rights without responsibilities.
So you are saying it is his responsibility to play Uri ? Sorry I disagree while I do not agree with his decision. Every coach in the country is always going to do what is best for their team.
[/quote

You're right. What was best for his team was to beat some 🧁 so he could beat his chest about being part of the almighty big east. Instead of giving his team a challenge and playing a solid URI team that oh my God just might beat him and tarnish his self serving reputation and force him to eat some humble🥧🥧.. Go back to your elitist forum and beat your chest there.. There is no logical reason for Cooley to have ducked this game unless he was afraid to lose. Period end!!
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Woodynicklelboy, is your life that bad that you’re on the URI bulletin board. Really Dude?

Woodyfriarboy did you really just try and justify the pc flyers because they would have made the NCAA tournament that never happened before the conference tournaments were ever played. WOW boy have the pc flyers deteriorated as a program that much. Cheers!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Schools that have run from their rivalries aren't rewarded.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Keaneyblue:

Stop
Feeding
Friartown
Trolls

0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago Noticing rivalry games being played.

Cincy isn’t a mid major, let’s be realistic now.

Was UConn a mid major last year when they were in the American? Of course not.

Is Gonzaga a mid major? Of course not.

Neither is Cincinnati.
The Big East considers every team/league outside of P5 + BE to be a mid-major except Gonzaga.
They don’t recognize the American or the A10.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

The irony is the entire Big East rides Villanova's coat tails.

Nova is the big fish in the small pond. The only one that's still a true blue blood program. The only one that can consistently reach the 2nd weekend in the tournament.

The rest of them are nothing more than round of 64 or 33 fodder running around like they're tough shit because of their big brother (Nova).

To put it another way, they're a bunch of A10 cast offs and otherwise insignificant glorified Catholic schools that act like hot shit because they share space with a true winner.

Take Villanova out of that conference and they're A10/AAC level at best.

They're living on past glory days as if they're still happening
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

[*]
Aside from the rivalry and nostalgia of this game, I don’t understand how it is in PC’s best interest to play FD instead of URI . How is playing them going to prepare or benefit them for BE competition. It’s a joke, I hope they lose every conference game.
2 x