PC game cancelled - WHY???

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Re: PC game cancelled - WHY???

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I guess with the Mohegan developments we would probably be calling PC right about now saying "sorry we have to call it off, need another cupcake on our schedule now." Lol
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

So it is now blatantly obvious to that PC would not want to play us in the third week of the season after we get together.

I normally am not so anti PC unlesss we are playing them - hope they lose every other game this year
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Not "every other game" but EVERY game.

FTF
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago So it is now blatantly obvious to that PC would not want to play us in the third week of the season after we get together.

I normally am not so anti PC unlesss we are playing them - hope they lose every other game this year
After getting their asses handed to them today...PeeC will be playing Davidson in the consolation bracket tomorrow at the Maui Invitational.

Let's hope Davidson shows them what the A10 is made of.

#WhoDuckin
6 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Their fan base on Twitter has gotten even more moronic.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......hey Taylor, what’s think of the team so far......?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago Their fan base on Twitter has gotten even more moronic.
How so? I'd love some examples

#WhoDuckin
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
Hey Ed if you were really concerned about doing what's is best for your team you would play local teams and limit travel. But in reality you are just worried about yourself and your record. You figure nothing to gain and everything to lose. You are afraid of a loss, you are just a chicken shit, no if or buts about it. You can't beat out of conference teams, look at last year you were terrible in out of conference and then fattened up on the over-rated Big East teams. If you had any confident in your team you would had played us but you had to duck us and give us some bullshit.

Seeing the way you played yesterday tells us why you are such a pussy. You are an embarrassment to the state of RI and college basketball, duck-in out of a rivalry game in the middle of a pandemic when the state could use some entertainment because you are afraid of a loss on your record.
5 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Right on "79". With the pandemic getting worse by the day this guy will be putting his team on a plane a week from today and going half way across the country to play ONE GAME. Someone please help me know how this is in the best interest of Providence College and his basketball team.
Needless to say: FTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

C'mon guys, everyone knows the Friars had no agency over their schedule, the Big East FORCED them into these games. Although somehow Villanova was able to just tack on games to their schedule on the fly without consulting the conference first? The nerve of them to keep the BE out of it!! 🤔
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Eddie Cooley is an absolute joke !!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Eddie Cooley is an absolute joke !!
The most overrated Head Coach in D1 Basketball. Great that he is CFL at PC. He has a Coach for Life Contract. We all know how those work out.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All About Me

0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

PC was lucky to win that game....and Davidson is not predicted to be a top 4 A10 team this year.

Cooley is the master of weak excuses.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago PC was lucky to win that game....and Davidson is not predicted to be a top 4 A10 team this year.

Cooley is the master of weak excuses.
Absolutely. If Davidson finishes that layup with a couple of seconds to go, his press conference would have been far different, especially after blowing a 19 point first lead.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago All About Me

Hope he doesn't dislocate his shoulder by patting himself on the back too much.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago Their fan base on Twitter has gotten even more moronic.

#WhoDuckin

You don't Tweet much, do you? Check the usual suspects, Seany and @dhoopster07. A lot of Rhody fans have had to block that loser. There's also some snaggletooth guy who comments at me sometimes. Can't remember what his handle is.

I can give you my Twitter handle, if you have time to search through my Tweets & Replies because I certainly don't have time to take screenshots. My handle is @megemurr.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago All About Me

Hope he doesn't dislocate his shoulder by patting himself on the back too much.
Um, I think you guys are missing the boat on this one. The point was that the T hurt them, not helped them. PC was up 12 when the T was called. Davidson finished the half on a 10-2 run from that point. KMAC even pointed out "Two Davidson freebies were the middle points in a 10-0 Davidson run." I don't see what's wrong with that ... To me it's no different than blaming a coach for not calling a timeout during an opponent's run. He's not on-the-court messing things up, but he can do something to help try to change momentum.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Ah, my mistake. Thought he was trying to give himself credit for changing the game (I didn't watch it other than the final minute or so).
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

... bottom line... we now see why they were ducking us. Can’t blame em...
7 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 3 years ago

#WhoDuckin

I can give you my Twitter handle, if you have time to search through my Tweets & Replies because I certainly don't have time to take screenshots. My handle is @megemurr.
Steveyd something is the other troll who proves time and again he cares more about uri than his own team.
You don't Tweet much, do you? Check the usual suspects, Seany and @dhoopster07. A lot of Rhody fans have had to block that loser. There's also some snaggletooth guy who comments at me sometimes. Can't remember what his handle is.
Last edited by steviep123 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

To answer the thread question, PC game is cancelled because they backed out and are a worse basketball team than us and would have lost at Alumni Hall.
5 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

#whoduckin

2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We play the game as scheduled 1st Sat in December we would have beat those Friars baby !!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Don’t care if we never play Ed Cooley’s PC team again
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

They will learn a lot about themselves against F Dickerson....what works against good teams and what doesn’t
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

#whoduckin
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I absolutely enjoyed listening to Cooley whine on the news last night.
Even better on a night we beat another BE team!
Alabama absolutely throttled them last night. PC didn't want to play us.
Watching the twins and Jermaine play so far we would have worn down Watson.
I can't remember ever having so much size. and the twins are basically freshman ,
they only played 10 games at Maryland last year. They are only going to get better.
We have power 5 size and it will really be an advantage in conference.
1 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Now we see why Cooley was afraid to play us and wanted an easier game. What I can't figure out is why no one in the local media has calling him out for replacing URI with FDU. What kind of coach says I need an easier game I am afraid of a mid-major I need to replace with a cupcake. Not a coach who is winner, no wonder they are getting their asses beat.

Anyways since this was the weekend the game was supposed be played lets pretend Cooley wasn't such a pussy and predict what the score would have been if the game was played. I will say URI 83 Providence 62.
5 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Yup Pee Cee's chances of beating us this year zero point zero....

Rhody 87 PeeCee 64

A total blow out!

Btw, apparently we're 5-1 in our last 6 against the BE, that must be why they directed Pee Cee to duck us, they are embarrassed of the record we are compiling against them.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

How great would it be if we played UConn after PC told us to go screw, and they are playing Fairleigh F'ing Dickinson!!!
1 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I forget what the score was last year and too lazy to look it up but remember by the end it was not that close. That was with a better PC team and what seems like a URI team that wasn't as offensively strong than we currently have.

#whoduckin

I don't tweet but love that hashtag
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

URIGONZO wrote: 3 years ago How great would it be if we played UConn after PC told us to go screw, and they are playing Fairleigh F'ing Dickinson!!!
Continuing the tradition of his idol, Arrogant Haystack Calhoun, Slithering Slimy Hurley won’t play URI unless we’re really bad.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Don’t care if we never play Ed Cooley’s PC team again
I agree. Move on.

Play other Big East teams, beat them, and forget PC.

The amount of nonsense from PC and their fans thinking the Big East is the Big East of old is delusional. They are lucky they have Villanova and Butler (who I'm sure they said sucked when they used to be in the A10).

Couldn't care less if we play them if they're going to act like this
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

15 Year Lurker wrote: 3 years ago
ramster wrote: 3 years ago Don’t care if we never play Ed Cooley’s PC team again
I agree. Move on.

The amount of nonsense from PC and their fans thinking the Big East is the Big East of old is delusional. They are lucky they have Villanova and Butler (who I'm sure they said sucked when they used to be in the A10).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the A10 is so bad in the Big East's eyes, then why do they keep needing to steal teams from the A10 to survive? You could make one heck of a conference out of the teams that the BE stole from the A10:

Villanova
Pittsburgh
Temple
Rutgers
West Virginia
Xavier
Butler
Va Tech

Every one of these schools were in the A10 (or EAA/Eastern 8, which was renamed the A10 after Nova and Pitt left and SBU, SJU, Temple, and URI joined)
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago
I agree. Move on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the A10 is so bad in the Big East's eyes, then why do they keep needing to steal teams from the A10 to survive? You could make one heck of a conference out of the teams that the BE stole from the A10:

Villanova
Pittsburgh
Temple
Rutgers
West Virginia
Xavier
Butler
Va Tech

Every one of these schools were in the A10 (or EAA/Eastern 8, which was renamed the A10 after Nova and Pitt left and SBU, SJU, Temple, and URI joined)
Maybe you should also ask why did these teams jump at first asking once Big East came calling. Also any team right now in the A10 would jump if the Big East came calling . Think that is all you pretty much need to know. Even with the A10 having a good year so far.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

woodennickel1 wrote: 3 years ago

I agree. Move on.

Villanova
Pittsburgh
Temple
Rutgers
West Virginia
Xavier
Butler
Va Tech

Maybe you should also ask why did these teams jump at first asking once Big East came calling. Also any team right now in the A10 would jump if the Big East came calling . Think that is all you pretty much need to know. Even with the A10 having a good year so far.
It doesn't change what I wrote, nor did it answer the actual question. Those teams were all stolen by the Big East, while at the same time Big East fans claim the A10 sucks. If the A10 sucks so bad, why does the Big East keep needing A10 teams to survive?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

The A10 is recognized as one of the premier mid-level basketball conferences and the Big East will always poach the top teams from our conference. That is something we have gotten used to and will probably continue, and any program in our conference will jump at that opportunity, can't blame them.,
1 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Villanova
Pittsburgh
Temple
Rutgers
West Virginia
Xavier
Butler
Va Tech

It doesn't change what I wrote, nor did it answer the actual question. Those teams were all stolen by the Big East, while at the same time Big East fans claim the A10 sucks. If the A10 sucks so bad, why does the Big East keep needing A10 teams to survive?
Most conferences will have a few good teams . It is no secret what keeps the A10 from being a very good conference. The bottom of the conference every year has at least a couple dogs.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Most conferences will have a few good teams . It is no secret what keeps the A10 from being a very good conference. The bottom of the conference every year has at least a couple dogs.
Definitely true (looking at you, Fordham), but still it is beyond hypocritical to claim the A10 sucks and then at the same time keep pilfering their teams to remain viable.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Big East has had some shitty teams too......like PC.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

50% of Conferences are playing back to back conference games at the same team site. Play Friday and Saturday against the same team in the same arena. This reduces the chances for Covid. The A10 looked at this but chose not to.

But the most overrated Head Coach in College Basketball is still flying his team from Providence to Ft Worth Texas, in the heat of a Pandemic, for one single game vs a team picked to finish near the bottom of the Big 12 Conference.

St John's and Texas Tech backed out of their schedule encounter.

#whoduckin

0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I have my concerns about us playing at WKU next week - both teams should cancel the long distance trips and play. Give the fans something to root for!
1 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago The Big East has had some shitty teams too......like PC.
So your going to compare PC to the likes of George Washington, Fordham and LaSalle. Don't know if you are serious or not but if you are it definitely points to a lack of knowledge of college basketball.
0 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

NCAA Tournament Wins since 2000:

La Salle: 3
George Washington: 1
Providence: 1
6 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JFrech21 wrote: 3 years ago NCAA Tournament Wins since 2000:

La Salle: 3
George Washington: 1
Providence: 1
BOOM!!!

#whoduckin
0 x
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago The Big East has had some shitty teams too......like PC.
So your going to compare PC to the likes of George Washington, Fordham and LaSalle. Don't know if you are serious or not but if you are it definitely points to a lack of knowledge of college basketball.
Nickel how do you defend Cooley being afraid to play URI, seriously what kind of coach says he needs an easier game on his schedule. It does not instill confidence in your team to back out of a game because you are afraid you might lose. I would thank that would upset Friar nation. I would think the players want this game and the fan base want this game for bragging rights. But your coach is afraid of losing so he backs out. I would think someone in Friartown would call Cooley out on this. I know if the shoe was on the other foot and Cox backed out because he was afraid of losing this board would be going crazy. But we don't have to worry about that because Cox isn't a big pussy like Cooley. Cox will play anyone!!!
3 x
woodennickel1
ARD

79RhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago
Nickel how do you defend Cooley being afraid to play URI, seriously what kind of coach says he needs an easier game on his schedule. It does not instill confidence in your team to back out of a game because you are afraid you might lose. I would thank that would upset Friar nation. I would think the players want this game and the fan base want this game for bragging rights. But your coach is afraid of losing so he backs out. I would think someone in Friartown would call Cooley out on this. I know if the shoe was on the other foot and Cox backed out because he was afraid of losing this board would be going crazy. But we don't have to worry about that because Cox isn't a big pussy like Cooley. Cox will play anyone!!!
I don't agree with it and thought the game should have been played. Although after watching them play the first few games I guess I can understand his concern but still think you need to play the game. I have heard from some people that URI wanted it to be PC home game but don't know if that is true. If it is then that would be the only reason I would side with Cooley.
0 x