Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by section(105) »

......which I think, the bubble concept with vary limited seating of fans in the RC would maybe not include seating in the 100s, keeping a “zone” between teams and any fans......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago ......which I think, the bubble concept with vary limited seating of fans in the RC would maybe not include seating in the 100s, keeping a “zone” between teams and any fans......
There will not be fans in the RC. There will not be fans in Mohegan either.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

The biggest disappointment of my Covid year since the A10 was cancelled (yes, I live a fortunate life).
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Well, we can now confirm it's the BankRI court again.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

I saw this bumped, was hoping to see complaints about "You can't even see the stands/fans on TV!" "The media and gameday staff takes up all the room on the lower level!" and "The student section looks like mannequins, make some noise in that end zone!"

One actual thing that happened was the mistake on the score in the arena in the middle of the 2nd half, poor guy keeping track must have fallen asleep with no energy in the building.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

One improvement.... I was able to enjoy my celebratory Maker’s Mark while watching the game.
4 x
Slava Ukraini!
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago One improvement.... I was able to enjoy my celebratory Maker’s Mark while watching the game.
And no Ticket Lady!
1 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

I paid $100 for a cutout and couldn't see it last night. I even paused to look closely!!!

Mild disappointment on what was a great night to be a Rhody fan.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

URIGONZO wrote: 3 years ago I paid $100 for a cutout and couldn't see it last night. I even paused to look closely!!!

Mild disappointment on what was a great night to be a Rhody fan.
Sounds like a Foxy Lady night: 'I paid $100 and all I got was cross-eyed.'
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......maybe the URI folks that promoted this, and if they have a decent response, they will do a specific up close and panned shoot of the cut outs in the seats so that people can see theirs on some web site pod cast of the cut outs.......When I thought about doing one(I didn’t)I neva expected to see it on live TV.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I had no idea that the stuffed Ram hanging from the balcony has been there since the Ryan Center opened, and is signed by every player. Wicked cool.
1 x
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I had no idea that the stuffed Ram hanging from the balcony has been there since the Ryan Center opened, and is signed by every player. Wicked cool.
I look for it every game. I call him Old Rhody. Makes me feel at home.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I had no idea that the stuffed Ram hanging from the balcony has been there since the Ryan Center opened, and is signed by every player. Wicked cool.
I look for it every game. I call him Old Rhody. Makes me feel at home.
That's funny...when they showed it last night my wife said, "Look! Rhody!" And our daughter instantly said, "Yeah...old Rhody."
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Bring back old rhody
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

So I guess it's time to resurrect this thread. Hear me out, I am simply thinking of logistics since none of us have been to a game in a minute.

For Thursday, I am trying to imagine how this is going to all go, obviously not a sellout but what would happen?

Wait in line, check-in, get wanded. Us ladies will need to either have a clear bag or clutch (which is fine, I am contraband-free).

Get into the lobby, show vaccine card to Ticket Lady? Then walk in? I have so many questions. I guess I also need to find a new mask.

How does this all work? PC isn't requiring any of this?

I do know of at least a handful of season ticket holders who have inquired about refunds for this season.

I get it. Saftey. Comply. etc etc. Based on recent conversations I've had the last few days, there's a lot of unhappy campers there. I want to see a FULL RC as much as possible, but it's not looking too good.

I am by no means trying to start any controversy, I simply am thinking of the steps it will take to attend a game, combined with the fact that I know of many people who are forgoing attending games due to all of this.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago So I guess it's time to resurrect this thread. Hear me out, I am simply thinking of logistics since none of us have been to a game in a minute.

For Thursday, I am trying to imagine how this is going to all go, obviously not a sellout but what would happen?

Wait in line, check-in, get wanded. Us ladies will need to either have a clear bag or clutch (which is fine, I am contraband-free).

Get into the lobby, show vaccine card to Ticket Lady? Then walk in? I have so many questions. I guess I also need to find a new mask.

I do know of at least a handful of season ticket holders who have inquired about refunds for this season.

I get it. Saftey. Comply. etc etc. Based on recent conversations I've had the last few days, there's a lot of unhappy campers there. I want to see a FULL RC as much as possible, but it's not looking too good.

I am by no means trying to start any controversy, I simply am thinking of the steps it will take to attend a game, combined with the fact that I know of many people who are forgoing attending games due to all of this.
The best way to answer these questions is likely to contact the Ryan Center or the ticket office directly. I doubt anyone here will be able to adequately answer them.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago So I guess it's time to resurrect this thread. Hear me out, I am simply thinking of logistics since none of us have been to a game in a minute.

It’s going to be an absolute clusterf*** and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

None of this at PC, and when I saw pictures tweeted out @ Bryant for their scrimmage, I didn’t see any masks being worn.

Just a guess here, but I’d say we have a better chance of going 31-0 than masks being mandated all season.
1 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago

It’s going to be an absolute clusterf*** and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

None of this at PC, and when I saw pictures tweeted out @ Bryant for their scrimmage, I didn’t see any masks being worn.

Just a guess here, but I’d say we have a better chance of going 31-0 than masks being mandated all season.
it's the state, not RC or school specifically. a shit show nonetheless will ensue. I'm fairly confident if it were up to the school they wouldn't be imposing this nonsense.

what's the over/under for wait time to get in the building? I say 45 minutes.
1 x
:lol:
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Went to the Patriots game yesterday and the process was fluid and orderly getting into the game. Vaxx check > Security > Ticketing.

Once through, masking was “required” but nobody wore it and nobody enforced it.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I requested a refund last Monday. Checked on Friday and today and didn't see anything. Called the RC and was told they are working on refunds and they haven't gotten to mine yet. Take it for what it's worth.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

it's the state, not RC or school specifically. a shit show nonetheless will ensue. I'm fairly confident if it were up to the school they wouldn't be imposing this nonsense.

Easy under- for there to be a wait there needs to be a crowd.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

KeaneyBluBallz wrote: 2 years ago

Ohhhhh....see...I thought this was all about the science. @Taylor, I'm in the no go group.
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All info you should need is here.

Note that for Women’s Basketball that proof of vaccination is NOT required. Under 250 people and less than 35% capacity.

http://www.theryancenter.com/RhodySafe
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 2 years ago

Note that for Women’s Basketball that proof of vaccination is NOT required. Under 250 people and less than 35% capacity.

Hahahaha come on!!

So same building, but different set of rules of spectators for the mens and womens teams?

That is an absolute joke. Either mandate it for both, or neither.
3 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Hahahaha come on!!

So same building, but different set of rules of spectators for the mens and womens teams?

Plus there are some doubleheaders
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Hahahaha come on!!

It's not a joke! It's science!!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Hahahaha come on!!

Government regulations.
Under 250 attendance and less than 35 building capacity no vaccination proof required
Science based policies
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

……..well, let’s see, it used to be pack a lunch for SC locals to go north of theTowers……so maybe it is now pack a lunch to go to the RC for a game,…….whether a big crowd expected or not maybe the RC events staff should consider opening the gates 1 1/2 hour before the game……..early arrivals can then go immediately to the Pubs…….yes you know to stay hydrated……I will have to remember to leave the screw driver at home, not in my pocket…….Go Rhody……..
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 2 years ago

Hahahaha come on!!

Government regulations.
Under 250 attendance and less than 35 building capacity no vaccination proof required
Science based policies

I hope 10K show up at the first womens game with no vaccine proof to see what the Ryan Center does.
3 x
Go Rhody
rjv
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by rjv »

Does this mean that when Steve McDonald does play by play for the women game he does not need to wear a mask but when he does play by play for the men game he need to wear a mask?????????
Im starting to understand the SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x
Falcon
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Falcon »

The rules for attendance should be EXACTLY the same for the RC and the Dunk , end of story !!!! Thinking about eating my tickets in Sec. 205 on principle and as a protest against STUPIDITY and INEQUITY !
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rjv wrote: 2 years ago Does this mean that when Steve McDonald does play by play for the women game he does not need to wear a mask but when he does play by play for the men game he need to wear a mask?????????
Im starting to understand the SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably depends on who is officially listed as his employer...? Also the science says that the very last people that will be able to stop wearing masks are the workers. Pretty sure that's in there somewhere.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjv wrote: 2 years ago Does this mean that when Steve McDonald does play by play for the women game he does not need to wear a mask but when he does play by play for the men game he need to wear a mask?????????
No. Masks must be worn for both MBB and WBB

The difference is in presenting proof of vaccination.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Falcon wrote: 2 years ago The rules for attendance should be EXACTLY the same for the RC and the Dunk , end of story !!!! Thinking about eating my tickets in Sec. 205 on principle and as a protest against STUPIDITY and INEQUITY !
I can sort of see why the rules are different, seeing how its a on campus / off campus arena, etc etc.

But to not even have the same rules IN THE SAME ARENA for men and women's teams is next level stupidity.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Falcon wrote: 2 years ago The rules for attendance should be EXACTLY the same for the RC and the Dunk , end of story !!!! Thinking about eating my tickets in Sec. 205 on principle and as a protest against STUPIDITY and INEQUITY !
Science-denier, obviously.... :lol:
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I can sort of see why the rules are different, seeing how its a on campus / off campus arena, etc etc.

But to not even have the same rules IN THE SAME ARENA for men and women's teams is next level stupidity.
Why are there good reasons for the Ryan Center and Dunkin Donuts Center having different rules? Where they are in the relation to campus shouldn't matter, state rules say masks are to be worn in state buildings, which the Dunkin Donuts Center is. If this was PC's private arena they could do what they want. It's not, it's a state building, they should be following state rules. All URI fans should be furious at this double standard
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Why are there good reasons for the Ryan Center and Dunkin Donuts Center having different rules? Where they are in the relation to campus shouldn't matter, state rules say masks are to be worn in state buildings, which the Dunkin Donuts Center is. If this was PC's private arena they could do what they want. It's not, it's a state building, they should be following state rules. All URI fans should be furious at this double standard
Not furious...just not going until it changes...
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I went to the PPAC last week. There was a stand outside where they checked vaccination card and license. It took 10 seconds (or less) for both my wife and I to get through. This isn't going to be a problem. Regarding getting wanded, they haven't been doing that for football games. Have they stopped doing it? I go early anyway, so I'm positive it won't take me more than a couple of minutes to get in.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

My favorite part of this will be going to the coaches show without a mask but then having to go to the RC with the same people 2 days later with one.

Science!
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

adam914 wrote: 2 years ago

The best way to answer these questions is likely to contact the Ryan Center or the ticket office directly. I doubt anyone here will be able to adequately answer them.
I know I can call the RC, my point here is to make it clear how ridiculous this policy is. They've created their own logistical nightmare.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

STC wrote: 2 years ago Went to the Patriots game yesterday and the process was fluid and orderly getting into the game. Vaxx check > Security > Ticketing.

Once through, masking was “required” but nobody wore it and nobody enforced it.
Unfortunately, we have a very parochial mindset here. Someone is going to be walking around and demanding your mask be on your nose.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 2 years ago I went to the PPAC last week. There was a stand outside where they checked vaccination card and license. It took 10 seconds (or less) for both my wife and I to get through. This isn't going to be a problem. Regarding getting wanded, they haven't been doing that for football games. Have they stopped doing it? I go early anyway, so I'm positive it won't take me more than a couple of minutes to get in.

I never once ever got my bag checked or wanted for a football game. It's only for basketball. It's a terribly run process and now women can no longer bring bags. It has to be clear or a clutch. That's really a disservice to mothers who are bringing young children and need diapers, etc.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 2 years ago

Absolutely 100% in agreement with you here. I think it's all a complete joke at this point. The government was given an inch and they took way more than a mile.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

I know I can call the RC, my point here is to make it clear how ridiculous this policy is. They've created their own logistical nightmare.
My apologies, I misunderstood and thought you were actually looking for answers to the question of how it will all work and was trying to provide a helpful response. I should know better.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Just received an email saying pubs will be open. It did not specify whether they’d be a limit on people.

So they’re letting us drink in close proximity with no masks, but then making us put our masks back on after we leave.

All of us will also have vaccines, some even with a booster, or a negative test.

What a goddam joke.

This policy was also enacted by the URI Covid task force, this is not being forced by the state.
2 x
Go Rhody
KeaneyBluBallz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by KeaneyBluBallz »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Just received an email saying pubs will be open. It did not specify whether they’d be a limit on people.

So they’re letting us drink in close proximity with no masks, but then making us put our masks back on after we leave.

All of us will also have vaccines, some even with a booster, or a negative test.

What a goddam joke.

This policy was also enacted by the URI Covid task force, this is not being forced by the state.
sounds like I'll spend my beer money on the P Bruins.
1 x
:lol:
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 2 years ago Just received an email saying pubs will be open. It did not specify whether they’d be a limit on people.

What a goddam joke.

Well yeah, everyone knows Covid can't get you in restaurants and bars now. The science commands it.

You can only get Covid in certain arenas depending on the ruling party's political affiliation, and in school classrooms.

But don't look at Florida's low rates because it's not convenient for the narrative to not have restrictions and also not have the virus.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Taylor Swift wrote: 2 years ago

My apologies, I misunderstood and thought you were actually looking for answers to the question of how it will all work and was trying to provide a helpful response. I should know better.

No worries at all. I am envisioning this not being a smooth process for fans, only because they can hardly get it right when you walk through the turnstiles. Now with the security check combined with the Rona check, I have no idea how they're going to be able to accomplish this. My expectations are at the bare minimum. Does not make an enjoyable fan experience, especially if you're standing in 0-degree temps outside in the parking lot.

I typically get to games an hour - 45 mins before tipoff, and even that early there's been quite a backlog, (pre-pandemic).

I wonder if they're going to hire mask checkers too?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

What a goddam joke.

Do you happen to know who is in charge of the covid task force? I think they're due for a nicely written email from me and other folks who think this policy is a complete embarrassment and joke.

This is all a sham to have people feel good about being safe with a mask. We are two years into this now. I wish more people would wake TF up.

So say if a few of us met at the Pub, chatted, and drank. We sit in the same row next to each other, we then have to wear a mask? I do not see any logic behind this.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Blue Man wrote: 2 years ago

What a goddam joke.

Well yeah, everyone knows Covid can't get you in restaurants and bars now. The science commands it.

You can only get Covid in certain arenas depending on the ruling party's political affiliation, and in school classrooms.

But don't look at Florida's low rates because it's not convenient for the narrative to not have restrictions and also not have the virus.
You have a better chance of seeing Jesus on a pogo stick than you do having anything making sense anymore.
1 x