12/2 | Seton Hall University | 7:00 PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Re: 12/2 | Seton Hall University | 7:00 PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago This is Harris second game of the season. He too is also trying to find his place. Cox isn’t a rash decision maker. He allows guys to make mistakes and make up for them. That’s one of the reasons Jalen said he wanted to play for Coach Cox I.e. you don’t always feel like if you do something wrong that you’ll get yelled at or pulled. I think Cox is doing the right thing in letting his JR in Harris find his confidence and allow him to play. He didn’t cost us the game in as much as anyone else’s mistakes could or would have.

I’m not happy with the kids play, but as long as he dons the Keaney, he has my support.
He's also a big man that's a very good free throw shooter so worth having in at the end. Oh yea, and he's hurt. These people should just be happy with 3 quality big men vs nit picking what they did wrong. Everyone has an off game, especially when you have a foot injury and haven't been playing. Focus on the positives...he helps us a lot.
2 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Blue Man wrote: 3 years ago
You could tell they missed Carey tonight, but it allowed Ish to shine and oh my God is that kid a player. He really is the total package. Active on defense, great court vision, can shoot, understands the motion of the offense - that P&R with Mitchell was an absolute thing of beauty. Someone said the EC to Hass dunk - and I agree - but Batman and Robin had been together for years. This was 2 freshmen on a brand new team with no prep time...holy crap we got a good one.
I get your larger point, but the dunk I was talking about was this one...

This was their freshmen year. We knew what we had at that exact moment and I'm getting the same feeling all over again with Ish + Twins.
3 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Harris held the fort on a sore foot until Cox could deploy the twins with 3 guards attack plan he had cooked up

He did some decent work on the glass. It also appears to me he has been instructed by Cox to shoot the ball when open.

Tough crowd here...
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Section104 wrote: 3 years ago
You could tell they missed Carey tonight, but it allowed Ish to shine and oh my God is that kid a player. He really is the total package. Active on defense, great court vision, can shoot, understands the motion of the offense - that P&R with Mitchell was an absolute thing of beauty. Someone said the EC to Hass dunk - and I agree - but Batman and Robin had been together for years. This was 2 freshmen on a brand new team with no prep time...holy crap we got a good one.
I get your larger point, but the dunk I was talking about was this one...

This was their freshmen year. We knew what we had at that exact moment and I'm getting the same feeling all over again with Ish + Twins.
Oh god that gives me chills. I was thinking of another beautiful connection. Very nice that we have so many of those memories with those two.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
BCarey1315
Abdul Fox

Unread post by BCarey1315 »

I know I'm not the only one who's PTSD kicks in anytime one of the twins puts the ball on the floor. That has almost always led to a turnover for a big man in a Rhody uniform. Not only are these kids tall, but they are athletic and have some skills as well. What a luxury to have on top of the usual guard depth.
3 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

bigappleram wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago The twins’ wingspans are difference makers. They blocked/altered passes inside on defense and they caught what I thought were dangerous passes on offense. A couple of times I thought passes were going out of bounds that were caught by them. Once they get their post moves perfected, they’ll be dangerous interior players.
Agree on this 100%! I've been most impressed by their hands, many tough catches in traffic and a nose for the ball on the rebounding side.
Seems like a huge miss by Turgeon, thanks Maryland.
DJ also is super long and I think is doing a great job grabbing boards and disrupting opponents with his length.
Just a huge difference having that size on the team this year.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago This is Harris second game of the season. He too is also trying to find his place. Cox isn’t a rash decision maker. He allows guys to make mistakes and make up for them. That’s one of the reasons Jalen said he wanted to play for Coach Cox I.e. you don’t always feel like if you do something wrong that you’ll get yelled at or pulled. I think Cox is doing the right thing in letting his JR in Harris find his confidence and allow him to play. He didn’t cost us the game in as much as anyone else’s mistakes could or would have.

I’m not happy with the kids play, but as long as he dons the Keaney, he has my support.
THIS right here!
2 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I am happy to see support for Jermaine . sure he didn't have a great game , but as DC mentioned itwas only his second game and he is dealing with a foot injury so I will cut him some slack . He at least has shown some offensive aggressiveness which I think is a plus. Hopefully his shot will start to fall.
Certainly there is no lack of effort here.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

When was the last time we were 10 deep like this ?? Love the depth on this team baby
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I'm not down on Harris for issues related to his mobility. I get it; physically, he is not 100%.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 3 years ago They can win the A10! (I have started to find more joy in beating the same teams in the A10 every year and not going away in the A10 when it seems that everyone in the A10 and covering the A10 is dying to see Rhody fall from the top.
Credit to A10Talk, they covered the game nicely and celebrated the win. But some of those other accounts that cover the A-10 were awfully quiet last night.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

luke wrote: 3 years ago I am happy to see support for Jermaine . sure he didn't have a great game , but as DC mentioned itwas only his second game and he is dealing with a foot injury so I will cut him some slack . He at least has shown some offensive aggressiveness which I think is a plus. Hopefully his shot will start to fall.
3 games. He's played against USF, USF, and Seton Hall.
0 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I wasn't able to watch the game last night or really check the score until the very end...and it was frozen at 66-63 for the longest time, until it finally updated to the final score! I have it on dvr with plans to watch over the weekend...Since we don't have a game until the 13th at this point, it will give me a "game" to look forward to. I'm sure this board was a lot of fun in the game closing 10-0 run!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

I know it’s early, and given that first game this is almost hard to believe, but there are some good early signs that this team will be much improved from the free-throw line this year. (Take away the Mitchells and these numbers are even more remarkable.)

2020-21 FT shooting (5 games, full team): 110 of 152 (72.4%)
2020-21 FT shooting (5 games, minus the Mitchells): 87 of 110 (79.1%)

2019-20 FT shooting (full season): 464-686 (67.6%)
2018-19 FT shooting (full season): 479-704 (68.0%)
2 x
KingstonLane
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by KingstonLane »

RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 3 years ago I know it’s early, and given that first game this is almost hard to believe, but there are some good early signs that this team will be much improved from the free-throw line this year. (Take away the Mitchells and these numbers are even more remarkable.)

Take away the bad numbers and the numbers look good! Just giving you a hard time but the Mitchell’s are very relevant to our FT shooting
0 x
RhodyFanNotAlum
Kenny Green

Unread post by RhodyFanNotAlum »

KingstonLane wrote: 3 years ago
RhodyFanNotAlum wrote: 3 years ago I know it’s early, and given that first game this is almost hard to believe, but there are some good early signs that this team will be much improved from the free-throw line this year. (Take away the Mitchells and these numbers are even more remarkable.)

Take away the bad numbers and the numbers look good! Just giving you a hard time but the Mitchell’s are very relevant to our FT shooting
Haha. Totally fair! Agree that we can’t just write them off, but I guess that point is that even with their numbers dragging us down we are still shooting several percentage points better than we have in the past few years. Also, it’s only five games.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Better shooting team = better foul shooting team

Our 2FG% and 3FG% are up vs last year indicating this is a better shooting team. And likely will translate to a better foul shooting team.
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

Dino611 wrote: 3 years ago Leggett gonna be on the all freshman Team someone change my mind
He's a URI player...won't happen...
4 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Let's not forget to give credit to Kevin Willard for bringing his team up here for the game. That does not move the needle for yours truly as far as the Big East is concerned but I now have respect for Willard. I have absolutely no respect for Cooley--NADA for that d-bag.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

To me, at least so far, the top of the A10 [Richmond, URI, St. Louis, Dayton] is easily as good as the top of the BE.

Even Davidson is comparable to that so-called top half of the BE PC team.

I know it's really too early to tell yet, but Dan just might have the best team in the BE. Or very close to it anyway.

I'm not a UConn fan, but it would be nice to see Cooley get his ass handed to him by them.
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I live in a strange world where I grew up a big UConn hoops fan (lived 15 minutes from campus growing up, my Mom worked there her whole career, was in high school when they first went big, etc.).

Of course I then went to URI and became a mega fan of URI hoops.

Still followed UConn and was happy when they won (don't roast me, it was in my blood).

Now, I hate UConn. I hold grudges, and Hurley is in the top few still. Irrational, maybe.

And I too would love to see UConn b!tch-beat PeeCee.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
luke wrote: 3 years ago I am happy to see support for Jermaine . sure he didn't have a great game , but as DC mentioned itwas only his second game and he is dealing with a foot injury so I will cut him some slack . He at least has shown some offensive aggressiveness which I think is a plus. Hopefully his shot will start to fall.
3 games. He's played against USF, USF, and Seton Hall.
You're stuttering. That's only 2. :D
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

This....this guy is already a lot of fun to watch....
2 x