Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Covid-19 Effect on College Basketball & Other Sports

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Elon Musk was tested 4 times, 2 positive and 2 negative. Same test, same nurse and same machine. So if you test 5 times and are 3 negative and 2 positive, what are you? Positive or negative?
This is silly, but the Elon Musk “space Karen” thing is without a doubt one of the best things to come out of 2020 so not a total waste.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago
theblueram wrote: 3 years ago Elon Musk was tested 4 times, 2 positive and 2 negative. Same test, same nurse and same machine. So if you test 5 times and are 3 negative and 2 positive, what are you? Positive or negative?
This is silly, but the Elon Musk “space Karen” thing is without a doubt one of the best things to come out of 2020 so not a total waste.
Musk reminds me of doc brown on Back to the Future. He is a mad genius. Gotta love it.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Things are absolutely crazy out there with games and opponents changing in an instant without warning.

VCU has just seen another tournament collapse. Their replacement tourney at Tennessee has been cancelled as there have been positive cases in the Volunteer program. They now lose games versus UNC-Charlotte and Tennessee that were to happen this Thursday and Friday. The Richmond based Rams had originally been slated for the Charleston Classic with Florida State, Houston, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Seton Hall, Tennessee, and Charleston.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......consider the source, Yorke commented today, he thought the PC radio team would not broadcast from Alumni Hall, but from other room/building.......really?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I was trying not to, but against my better judgment, I’ve gone ahead and gotten excited about this season. It’s going to be a mess, I’m still not completely sure it’s the right thing... but we’re doing this. At this point, teams know what to do and are doing their best. There are still going to be positive tests and shut downs. It’s just the nature of the virus, and it’s luck as much as anything else if a team manages to get in any kind of full schedule.

Everything is still awful but maybe we’ll have glimpses of non-awfulness? That’s about as optimistic as I get these days.
6 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

ace wrote: 3 years ago I was trying not to, but against my better judgment, I’ve gone ahead and gotten excited about this season. It’s going to be a mess, I’m still not completely sure it’s the right thing... but we’re doing this. At this point, teams know what to do and are doing their best. There are still going to be positive tests and shut downs. It’s just the nature of the virus, and it’s luck as much as anything else if a team manages to get in any kind of full schedule.

Everything is still awful but maybe we’ll have glimpses of non-awfulness? That’s about as optimistic as I get these days.
Same Ace... I am going to get amped for any game that happens and enjoy it as much as I can no matter what. And if games don’t happen I’ll still take whatever I can
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ace wrote: 3 years ago I was trying not to, but against my better judgment, I’ve gone ahead and gotten excited about this season. It’s going to be a mess, I’m still not completely sure it’s the right thing... but we’re doing this. At this point, teams know what to do and are doing their best. There are still going to be positive tests and shut downs. It’s just the nature of the virus, and it’s luck as much as anything else if a team manages to get in any kind of full schedule.

VCU is now taking Wichita State's Place in the Bad Mower's Tournament. Wichita State had to withdraw due to Covid. Great opportunity for VCU.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

No surprise:

Baylor-Seton Hall men's basketball game canceled

3:06 PM ET
Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer
Sunday's men's basketball game between Baylor and Seton Hall has been canceled, both programs announced Tuesday.
For the Bears, ESPN's preseason No. 1 team, it's their third game that has been canceled since coach Scott Drew tested positive for COVID-19 last Sunday.
"While we were excited about this Big 12-Big East Battle matchup, we agreed that canceling this year's game was the best decision for both programs," a statement from Seton Hall said.
Baylor dropped out of the Empire Classic -- including games against Arizona State and potentially Villanova -- after Drew's positive test. The Bears now are scheduled to open their season against Illinois in the Jimmy V Classic on Dec. 2 in Indianapolis.
"Baylor men's basketball continues to explore scheduling options for the 2020-21 season and will announce any further details as soon as possible," the school said.
Seton Hall heads to Louisville for Friday's season opener against the Cardinals, and it could attempt to get a second game in Louisville's multi-team event dubbed the Wade Houston Tipoff Classic. If not, the Pirates won't play again until Dec. 2 at Rhode Island.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Here's hoping the Mohegan bubble has a quarantined stable of referees. That would be frustrating if the players were healthy and ready to play only for an incoming ref to test positive.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 3 years ago Here's hoping the Mohegan bubble has a quarantined stable of referees. That would be frustrating if the players were healthy and ready to play only for an incoming ref to test positive.
They do.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
Saint Joseph’s pauses due to positive COVID test. The Hawks came from Fort Myers — where Gonzaga also played.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Meanwhile the Covid infection rate in Rhode Island continues to climb and for the first time RI comes in the top 10 in the New York Times ranking by state. At #7, RI is clearly in the company of states that had no mask mandates and the state is also an outlier in New England where the next worse state is CT at #32, Mass at #36, NH at #42, Maine at #50 and Vermont at #51.

Under these conditions do not expect URI to admit any fans to Ryan Center games.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

section(105) wrote: 3 years ago .......consider the source, Yorke commented today, he thought the PC radio team would not broadcast from Alumni Hall, but from other room/building.......really?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Still can't understand how all these precautions are in place, yet some feel its worse then its ever been.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Still can't understand how all these precautions are in place, yet some feel its worse then its ever been.
People were advised not to travel on Thanksgiving. Millions did. Unless all, or at least most people take the advice of the health experts, it's not going to work. I don't understand why people can't be patient for 2 or 3 more months, knowing that help is on the way.
7 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I've heard this back in the spring, but the same holds true. I feel like the whole class is being punished b/c a few kids can't do what they are supposed to do.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago I've heard this back in the spring, but the same holds true. I feel like the whole class is being punished b/c a few kids can't do what they are supposed to do.
And tragically, because of those few kids, a lot of people are dead.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

More than a few kids...don't go to your local city's/town's facebook page if you don't want to be depressed. Nonstop "Gina can't tell me what to do", "Hoax", "Facemasks are useless", etc. It seems like a quarter of the population is dumb as a rock and can't be convinced to think beyond themselves. Stolen from someone else I saw use this analogy, but if someone believes that 2+2 = apples, how can you even reason with them?
4 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

This sucks for Richmond.

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I hate to be a downer about this but, and admittedly I was wrong in thinking there wouldn’t be a season at all, but everyone is headed to where Richmond is at some point and I think it is hardly assured that this season will make it all the way to the end. Look at the farce and the embarrassment that is the B1G football season for an example of what may lie ahead. I think everyone should be mentally prepared for that outcome.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago Still can't understand how all these precautions are in place, yet some feel its worse then its ever been.
I don’t know what “feels” is doing in this sentence. The pandemic is objectively at its worst right now and getting worse every day. Precautions are not really in place. Most people are being decent about wearing masks to the grocery store, I guess, but overall people are not sheltering in place. If you go out of your house, roads and parking lots are as crowded as they are during normal times. I went into a restaurant to pick up food for my birthday (normally we eat there on my birthday every year and we’re trying to keep up a tradition), and I was shocked at how many people were in the restaurant. They have plexiglass separating stools at the bar, so I guess you could say that’s a “precaution” but it seems obviously stupid to think that’s really going to protect you. It’s a pandemic! I get that it sucks. It has been the worst year of my life by a long shot. But America’s collective decision to just give up on trying to doing anything about it in June is the most humiliating failure this country has ever had. We are a mentally weak, selfish, ignorant society.
5 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm not arguing mask wearing, but I do think we had similar numbers in the spring when it was impossible to test.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I'm not arguing mask wearing, but I do think we had similar numbers in the spring when it was impossible to test.
Almost 100,000 people are now hospitalized, all over the country. A new record every day. In the Spring, it was bad in NY and NJ. Now it's bad everywhere, and getting worse every day.
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I think positive cases are not always a great indicator for a variety of reasons, but the volume of hospitalizations and deaths are accelerating, even compared to the spring when it felt like things were spiraling out of control. For a variety of reasons (political, economic, psychological) we’ve just kind of collectively decided not to respond in the same way as we did in the spring. I certainly don’t WANT to go back to the depressing and isolating lockdown approach, but it does seem preferable to just letting hundreds of thousands of people die.
1 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

It's amazing how many people I know (even today!) blatantly breaking the rules and still gathering indoors in social group settings and on top of that can't be bothered to take ANY precautions like wearing a mask or staying apart. These are people I once considered smart. Like...your actions are literally killing other people. Meanwhile field hospitals are now taking patients. We are literally just months away from this ending. C'mon people
2 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Rhodymob05 wrote: 3 years ago I'm not arguing mask wearing, but I do think we had similar numbers in the spring when it was impossible to test.
Our RATES are very close to spring, which is scary because with 8-9 months of knowledge and experience dealing with the virus we should be dealing with this better than we are now. But like TP said, besides the dumb as rocks crowd I mention above, smart people who know better just have pandemic fatigue that keeps them from resisting an indoor dining trip or other relatively risky activities.

While we're on testing, what is a little deceiving about the dashboard released by the RIDOH everyday is they count NEW positive tests divided by TOTAL tests even on those people who have already been tested. I feel this dilutes our % positive numbers because often those who are getting tested multiple times are either those who have to do so for travel, are in the hospitality industry and need to do so for work, or someone who already tested positive and just needs a negative test to start their clock out of isolation. So basically the results of those testing multiple times are going to skew overwhelmingly negative. And while we have the capacity for 10,000+ more tests per day than back in the first wave of late April, only a small portion of that consists of first-time tests.

April 23rd (worst day of the first wave):
New infections = 412
Total tests = 2,958 (13.9% positive)
First-time tests = 2,282 (18.1% positive)

December 1st:
New infections = 1,043
Total tests = 10.960 (9.5% positive)
First-time tests = 3,836 (27.2% positive)

With the conflicting rates above the true gauge is probably hospitalizations, which were at 377 maximum during the 1st wave (April 28th) and stand at 410 right now.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So how's the flu doing this year? No flu anymore?
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago So how's the flu doing this year? No flu anymore?
This is it.

This is the post that makes me post for the first time in months.

I see people are STILL stupid as hell, dumb as rocks, and extremely ignorant when it comes to this virus.

Don’t worry, I’ll go back to just reading now.

As far as the team goes, absolutely zero complaints from me, team is deep, athletic, and very individually skilled.

Going to take a little bit to mesh and find the right rotations without the normal off/pre season, but once we do, we’ll be very very dangerous.

Go Rhody! (And wear a mask.)
8 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
This is it.

I see people are STILL stupid as hell, dumb as rocks, and extremely ignorant when it comes to this virus.

As far as the team goes, absolutely zero complaints from me, team is deep, athletic, and very individually skilled.

Going to take a little bit to mesh and find the right rotations without the normal off/pre season, but once we do, we’ll be very very dangerous.

So you came out of hibernation to not answer the question? Just asked how the flu's doing doctor einstein. Considering most deaths from rona also have flu as a contributing factor.

Take a look at the CDC site on comorbidities and tell me how many covid deaths also had the flu. But for those that won't 102,000 people had the flu as well.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... orbidities
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just stop.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
This is it.

So you came out of hibernation to not answer the question? Just asked how the flu's doing doctor einstein. Considering most deaths from rona also have flu as a contributing factor.

Take a look at the CDC site on comorbidities and tell me how many covid deaths also had the flu. But for those that won't 102,000 people had the flu as well.

Flu season is largely from December through February. Not sure if you have a calendar, but today is Dec. 1st.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago

This is it.

Flu season is largely from December through February. Not sure if you have a calendar, but today is Dec. 1st.
Did you read the CDC analysis? Cmon Billyboy.
0 x
CaptainRon
Kenny Green

Unread post by CaptainRon »

In the spring they were only testing people with symptoms because they didn’t have the tests. Now the percentages are worse. 9+%? Not good.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago

Did you read the CDC analysis? Cmon Billyboy.
Blueram, I honestly believe that you are smarter than this. I don’t think you read any “analysis” at all, though. I think you skimmed data and then tried to present it in a misleading way - either intentionally to troll people or out of abject ignorance. Do you think that the number of people that have had the flu as a comorbidity and ended up dying is because the flu is especially bad this year? Or do you think, as with all the other comorbidities, COVID is the x-factor that is killing people with the flu who otherwise would have been totally fine?

If you’re looking for actual analysis, try this from an infectious disease specialist from Johns Hopkins:

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/09/01/comorbid ... eaths-cdc/
4 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Blueram is a troll regarding this, and we've seen it from page 1 of this thread. Dr. Google in full effect. He didn't even read the goddamn skimmed table fully, which says Influenza AND pneumonia for those comorbidities responsible contributing to the 102,000 deaths. J09-J18 is a classification which different influenza and pneumonia causes are lumped. Pneumonia is the leading cause of death for those who contract the flu, so hmm maybe it would be the leading cause of death for Covid as well?!

Think about it, how fucking unlucky would you have to be to contract the flu AND Covid viruses at the same time? Mindblowing the idiocy here.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Covid 19 is a big big problem
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

The thing about the 'this-virus-is-a-hoax' crowd loves to do is talk about comorbidities. PSA: if you die from something, like the flu, that you wouldn't have otherwise died from because you also had COVID-19, this is still very bad.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Blueram from day one, has had no intention of letting facts get in the way of his opinions regarding covid.
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

This is huge. Glad Rhody got to be a part of this.

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I don't believe this is what you were after, but supposedly the flu season in Australia was drastically reduced to almost nothing this year. It turns out their strong mask wearing and social distancing for Covid kept things in check. Of course we're not doing those things, so probably no change in the flu season for us
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

This is long, but worth the read for those who still believe that this is a hoax.

Here is the story: You get a fever, and it's a little hard to breathe, but not that bad. Take some tylenol and go to bed. You wake up in the middle of the night to find yourself gasping for air. You reach over to your wife and get her attention. She rolls over, “What's wrong honey? It's the middle of the night.” It's then she can hear you breathing, or trying to. She turns on the light and sees the panic in your eyes... No matter how much you inhale, it's not enough, it's never enough. That would be bad enough but the fever is spiking, it's hard to focus. Your three kids come into the room, they heard Mom talking loud, trying to get your attention. The little girl, 6 years old, you're the center of her universe. She's a daddy's girl and loves it when you take her places with you. "Is Daddy Okay?" Mom tries to hide her panic "He's fine honey, he'll be okay..." She struggles trying to decide if she should drive you to the emergency room or get an ambulance. She decides to drive. You're too out of it to get dressed so she takes you in your pajamas. Once there, they admit you. Your wife cannot go in. You're alone. She is sent to the house to quarantine with the rest of your kids. They start to work on you. You're getting tired, your chest hurts from trying to breathe for so long. Your blood pressure is up. They lower your fever a little and put on an oxygen mask. It seems to help a little, but only for an hour or so. Then your lungs begin to fight for air again. They offer to turn you over on your stomach, "sometimes it helps" they say. They roll you over... It does. You look out the door, Doctors are running everywhere. There are patients in the hallways. The ward is full, and everyone is trying to keep up. You hear Code calls, and ventilator machines being rolled up and down the hallway. You notice you cannot smell anything, and you have pain all over. You wonder about your family. Your daughter, the fear in her eyes as her daddy was put into the car. "Why are you leaving Daddy? I'll take care of you..."
Pain.. the fight for air. It's back. You press the button. They roll you back over and check you out. The doctor comes up to your bed. Completely covered, face mask, hood, looks a little like an astronaut. "Sir, you're not getting enough oxygen in your blood. We need to put you on a ventilator." You nod in agreement, gasping. "Sir... You won't be able to talk once we do this. Would you like to say anything to your family? We can arrange a facetime with them if you like.” As your head tries to wrap itself around this offer, one question comes to mind: "How serious is this?" It takes the doc a while to respond, he's done this hundreds of times, but it never gets easy. "Patients that go on a ventilator have a 4 in 10 chance of not recovering. Should we try to reach your family?" You nod... Numb. Your brain can't handle all the info it's getting. The fever, the pain in your chest the struggle for air, it's too much. A nurse comes back in with an iPad. "I have your family online" she tries to say with a smile. You take the Ipad. There they are, all three kids and your wife. Your everything. The look on their faces is a look you've seen before. The brave smiles. The look you give when you feel sorrow and pain, but need to cheer up the person you’re talking too. They are not at home.. It looks like they are outside. You pull in as much air as you can so you can sound somewhat normal. It does not work. "Hey guys, where are you?" Your wife forces another smile. “We're outside your window honey. They put signs out so we know where you are. They can't let us in. We're not supposed to leave the house but we needed to be close to you.” She starts to cry, it's too much for her. That's when it hits you. Clarity, all at once.. You're saying "goodbye.” The next time you hug your family will either be a few weeks from now, or in the hereafter. So this is your last chance to say something. The six year old is shaking, pale with fear. "Hey there nugget.. How you doing?" "Daddy... Please come home... Who will read to me? I miss you so much, please get out of bed.. I'll do anything you want!" You never realized you could cry as hard as you are right now, and it's making the breathing even harder. You know you're scaring her. You cannot stay on much longer. "I'm sorry nugget... I can't get out of bed right now. You take care of your Mama for me okay? I love your everything.” She looks at you through tear soaked eyes.. "I love your everything too.” You can't do it... You can't say goodbye, it's all just too much. The iPad falls in your lap as you struggle to both breathe and cry all at once. An alarm goes off, the Docs surround you and begin to put in the ventilator. Your eyes close for the last time. It's over. It takes years for your family to recover. They lost their rock, and nothing will be the same, ever again... End
I felt compelled to write this to give a perspective to those of us who are more focused on comfort and "getting back to normal.” The above story has played out thousands of times with Mothers, Fathers, Grandparents, and children. Families that will grieve for years to come.
it's not about how high the numbers go. It's about that one person.. Your "everything.”
Please... show compassion. Odds are you know somebody that endured something like this. We're in a war right now, and we're losing. It's time to step up and make sure these kids keep their parents.
Thank you... Jay A Kelley 11/16/2020
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

TruePoint wrote: 3 years ago
I don’t know what “feels” is doing in this sentence. The pandemic is objectively at its worst right now and getting worse every day. Precautions are not really in place. Most people are being decent about wearing masks to the grocery store, I guess, but overall people are not sheltering in place. If you go out of your house, roads and parking lots are as crowded as they are during normal times. I went into a restaurant to pick up food for my birthday (normally we eat there on my birthday every year and we’re trying to keep up a tradition), and I was shocked at how many people were in the restaurant. They have plexiglass separating stools at the bar, so I guess you could say that’s a “precaution” but it seems obviously stupid to think that’s really going to protect you. It’s a pandemic! I get that it sucks. It has been the worst year of my life by a long shot. But America’s collective decision to just give up on trying to doing anything about it in June is the most humiliating failure this country has ever had. We are a mentally weak, selfish, ignorant society.
The problem TP is and continues to be that by April the draconian lockdowns were no longer necessary, that was the time to start relaxing A LITTLE when it was warm, risk was lower, you could do more outdoor activities and the hospitals were no longer maxed out. We needed to open up more then with the full warning that we could go back to lock-down at any time. Instead we destroyed businesses with stupid restrictions that probably didn't help very many people all late spring, summer and early fall and built up bad feelings in the public about lockdowns.

Now is time to shut it down again. Maybe completely for two weeks. People in the northeast would be on board with that if they hadn't just started getting back to life. People in the rest of the country are just experiencing their first real surge.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

If peeps had just put on the goofy face coverings we might be going to a game tonight

But we are a species that barely over a hundred years ago jumped willingly out of perfectly good holes at the sound of a whistle to run at machine guns so no real surprise...
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RI did relax restriction back in the warmer weather! Then the inconsiderate nutmegs invaded south county.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago
I don't believe this is what you were after, but supposedly the flu season in Australia was drastically reduced to almost nothing this year. It turns out their strong mask wearing and social distancing for Covid kept things in check. Of course we're not doing those things, so probably no change in the flu season for us
it's exactly what I was after.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Blueram from day one, has had no intention of letting facts get in the way of his opinions regarding covid.
I know, right? We have 1300 deaths in the state and 990 are from nursing homes. That's after the shutdown of visitors. But the latest "Pause" closes gyms and bars. Because we all know people in nursing homes are rocking the gyms and partying until 1am. What are the elected officials doing about nursing homes? NOTHING.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 years ago If peeps had just put on the goofy face coverings we might be going to a game tonight

But we are a species that barely over a hundred years ago jumped willingly out of perfectly good holes at the sound of a whistle to run at machine guns so no real surprise...
Everywhere I've been this year. In cities. Smaller towns. The vast majority of people have been wearing masks. Where the virus is spreading is because people simply want to live their lives. Family sees family. Friends see friends. It all connects. Can't keep everybody locked down in solitary confinement.

There's no way more people wearing masks would make that big of a difference. The social distancing is way more important if you don't want to get sick. If anything, masks maybe gave some people a false sense of security. Especially since most of the masks people wear aren't really medical grade.

Sorry just think the "if only people wore their masks!" argument doesn't really hold water. I mean the vast vast majority of all public spaces are taking every reasonable and unreasonable precautions. Most people wear masks. Even those that don't believe in it.

If the government shut down everyone's lives and made it illegal for anybody to see anyone other than who is in their household we would have snuffed it out completely. If they did that, well, that arguably would have been more disastrous.

Otherwise, you're not going to keep people from living their lives.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago Blueram from day one, has had no intention of letting facts get in the way of his opinions regarding covid.
I know, right? We have 1300 deaths in the state and 990 are from nursing homes. That's after the shutdown of visitors. But the latest "Pause" closes gyms and bars. Because we all know people in nursing homes are rocking the gyms and partying until 1am. What are the elected officials doing about nursing homes? NOTHING.
It’s a good thing nobody that ever goes to a gym, bar or restaurant ever interacts with a person that lives or works in a nursing home. Obviously the virus has ripped thru nursing homes across the country via the nursing home spacetime portal that directly connects every nursing home directly to other nursing homes.
3 x