PC game cancelled - WHY???

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Re: PC game cancelled - WHY???

Unread post by The Dude »

Oh there is no doubt that they ducked. URI would've been one of the safer games to play in this whole COVID era (vs. playing out of state). URI's team this year looks strong enough to be a good resume builder for just about any team this year in my opinion if there's even a tournament of any kind in my opinion. They were chicken. It's ok to be scared. I wouldn't want to go up against URI's current squad either.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

LMAO!!!

section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....yep, there it is......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

OMG LMAO. pathetic
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Would love to hear RJ’s spin on this.

If you’re scared, go to church.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This week:

FDU added December 5 as a PC Home Game. FDU last season: NET 218, 10-19 record
Gavitt Games gone

Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Would love to hear RJ’s spin on this.

If you’re scared, go to church.
The spin:
PC doesn't need the game - no real upside to playing, so they don't care. Can you blame them?
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

They don’t ever need the game so cancel the series. I’m sick of their BS anyway.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Hahahahahahaahahaahahahahaa
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

FDU what a crock
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Given PC’s results in their OOC games last year, they probably shouldn’t chalk this FDU game up as an automatic win.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Fairly Ridiculous
Last edited by Rhody74 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I'm a believer that a coherent, well-coached team with three-star players will usually beat an all-star team with five-star players. This is the problem that URI will encounter against experienced opponents with lesser pedigree players.
NCAAs or Bust!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PC-URI was scheduled Friday Night December 4th
PC-FDU Now scheduled Saturday December 5th

Exciting news for RI College Basketball (cs)
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago LMAO!!!

Gee, what a surprise! /s/

Let’s go Knights! Beat the mental hospital!
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago LMAO!!!

ramster wrote: 3 years ago This week:

FDU added December 5 as a PC Home Game. FDU last season: NET 218, 10-19 record
Gavitt Games gone

The best punchline for this ducking to go, I'm here for it especially the twitter reactions...

eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I was not off by much at all: my prediction was that they would replace our game with Central Connecticut State. It is 100% certain that we would have played PC on the 5th instead of the original scheduled date of the 4th. As usual Cooley and company come out of this scheduling issue (completely created by PC) looking like idiots. By the way where has big Ed been hiding?
And of course FTF!!!!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Cluck, cluck, cluck...

No shame in Friartown.
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Where art thou rjsuperfly? Really looking forward to see what kind of spin he puts forward on this rescheduling move by the Friars.
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

FRIARTOWN-WHERE THE SLOGAN IS "IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM DON'T PLAY EM"
ITS A SHAME TO HAVE SUCH LITTLE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR TEAM THAT YOU NEED TO BACK OUT OF A RIVALRY GAME
WHERE IS THE MEDIA ? THEY SHOULD BE CALLING PC OUT
I AM ASHAMED TO SAY I WAS A FRIAR FAN GROWING UP
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I really think it is hilarious RJ is no where to be found to defend his spin of the PC schedule ducking. He is always throwing his two sense in every topic but for some reason today seems to be absent hahahahahah. FDU on the same weekend that the PC-URI has taken place for eternity!!!! You can not defend this move besides calling a duck a duck.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

in the immortal words of Makhi Mitchell..."who ducking....wwwhhhooo dddduuuuccckkkkiiinnnggg!!!"
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

CamsRams wrote: 3 years ago
He spelled Pee-C wrong.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Man If they lose to FDU......
GO RAMS
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

🐔💩
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

wpbrown8267 wrote: 3 years ago in the immortal words of Makhi Mitchell..."who ducking....wwwhhhooo dddduuuuccckkkkiiinnnggg!!!"
Such a great quote. We need a sign of it when we play them in the ryan center the next time. Troll them hard for ducking.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Reverse sitch, I have no doubt Rhody would do the same, and we'd all be happy with it....
79RhodyFan
Steve Chubin

Unread post by 79RhodyFan »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago Reverse sitch, I have no doubt Rhody would do the same, and we'd all be happy with it....
NYG I am not so sure about that. I would think just about any other school would want to play a in state rivalry game for bragging rights for the fans and players who all know each. The unofficial state championship. It takes a special breed of yellow belly chicken shit to back out of this game for a game with FDU. I think PC might the the only school in the nation to be this big of a chicken shit.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago Reverse sitch, I have no doubt Rhody would do the same, and we'd all be happy with it....
For what reason would we do the same? And no, I would not be happy with it.
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

This is it... the dumbest take on this board
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Has anyone seen the official response from PeeCee Athletics? UNBELIEVABLE!!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Some on the PC Board say URI wants the game this year because then PC will get no fans, no money and URI will get the home game next year when Things are back to normal and attendance returns.

I thought PC would get the home game this year (2020) then get it again next year (2021), then URI would get the home game in (2022).

Am I correct? Or has this not been made public as yet by PC or by URI?

If URI gets the home game next year I can better see PC’s point. Maybe this year should be played at a neutral site then next season at PC? Doesn’t seem to matter where they play if no fans in attendance. Could play at Mohegan Sun? Then at PC, then at URI in (2022]

Did anyone see the facts on this?
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Complete joke that program is as tone deaf as it gets.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Obsessed?

Ha ha I literally wouldn’t cross the street to watch friartown....
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

79RhodyFan wrote: 3 years ago
NYG I am not so sure about that. I would think just about any other school would want to play a in state rivalry game for bragging rights for the fans and players who all know each. The unofficial state championship. It takes a special breed of yellow belly chicken shit to back out of this game for a game with FDU. I think PC might the the only school in the nation to be this big of a chicken shit.
The mental hospital doesn't care about any of that state-championship stuff because they're too good for our dinky little second-rate state. And they're WAAAAYY better than us.

At least that's what they keep telling themselves. As Dennis Miller used to say, they keep buying into their own bullshit.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Pathetic. If URI was trying to play pc this year with no fans and insist on pc playing at the RC next, that would be bs. But if URI offered to play a neutral(wherever) game and let pc have the game next year at the dunk then pc at the RC the next then pc is full of shit. This game should be played.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d like for Thor and/or Cox to come out and say what the details of the negotiation were.

I’d like to see the RI press to learn what the details were and tell us.

Put it all out there, no need for secrecy. The fans of PC, URI and neutral fans deserve more. Fans are confused by this decision and very disappointed.

Don’t know if any other annual rivalry game in the country that has been cancelled like this.
Last edited by ramster 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

They should have played anywhere this year and twice next season.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Is this true?

KMatious
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 123 months ago, User Post Count: 2,856 2 hrs 123 months 2,856
RichardCoren said... (original post)

If URI is so insistant about playing this game, put their money where their mouths are. Play this year at Alumni with no fans and when the series resumes next year with fans, play at the Dunk. Then it resumes alternating spots. Problem solved.

show less
Exactly. But, they won't.

URI expected next year’s game to be at URI and not at PC? I would think this year would be at OC with no fans but then again next year at PC since this year is really nobody’s home game. PC Moderator says it was to be next year back to URI. True or false??? I really don’t know.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 3 years ago I’d like for Thor and/or Cox to come out and say what the details of the negotiation were.

I’d like to see the RI press to learn what the details were and tell us.

Put it all out there, no need for secrecy. The fans of PC, URI and neutral fans deserve more. Fans are confused by this decision and very disappointed.

Don’t know if any other annual rivalry game in the country that has been cancelled like this.
If Thor et al vented their side, it could end up killing the series. We need it more than they do, take the lump of coal and move on...
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

sevegny7 wrote: 3 years ago I really think it is hilarious RJ is no where to be found to defend his spin of the PC schedule ducking. He is always throwing his two sense in every topic but for some reason today seems to be absent hahahahahah. FDU on the same weekend that the PC-URI has taken place for eternity!!!! You can not defend this move besides calling a duck a duck.
We’ve had multiple family members pass away in the last 7 days so I’m sorry tackling PC/URI scheduling is the last of my worries.

If you care to know how I feel go read any of my last 5 or so posts as I assumed and agreed with PC playing a weaker opponent in that spot given their overall SOS and lack of opportunities to run new players/inexperienced players against a gauntlet schedule.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Again if it was PC home game this year with no fans and next year was at Ryan center why would we feel bad? We played at the dunk every year for about 30 years so I think they can manage 1 year of inconvenience
Clapton is God
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

rhodysurf wrote: 3 years ago
This is it... the dumbest take on this board
Sorry man, I enjoy your one-liners, your silly sum ups, sometimes so blunt and true, but yeah Rhody would never duck this game. not ever. and suggesting otherwise, I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this, is really off the wall.
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago If Thor et al vented their side, it could end up killing the series. We need it more than they do, take the lump of coal and move on...
wow, another really bad take.

calling them out hard is exactly what is appropriate in this situation, if we call them on this, the facts bare out and they cancel the series as a result, it confirms/validates every person who has ever questioned Pee Cee's cup cake scheduling and fear of losing to the lowly A10 state rival.

You would never see Xavier duck Dayton in this manner. These are the games that test your team's mettle, both teams. It will always be one of the most intense games of the season, even when one team any particular season is really bad it will be an intense game, which is exactly what you should want as a coach of either team.
Go Rhody!!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

We offered them home at the dunk next season to get this done, I have sources.

Who duckin? they duckin!

let's get some media action on this from Rhody. Billboards, bold and bright that say just that "who ducking....wwwhhhooo dddduuuuccckkkkiiinnnggg?!" and put them on every site leading to that terrible postage stamp campus nestled in the anus of the Elmhurst.
Go Rhody!!!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......isn’t that where the mental health hospital was.......?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

Anybody Remember back in the day when Tim welch wanted all the games played at the civic center and was actually threatening not to play the game.It caught up to him on the recruiting trail and they decided to play a games down in Kingston.Even the boosters weighed in on that.Anybody remember back in the day when we had to honor their season tickets when we were the home team at the civic center.They've been so afraid of a Blemish on the fryer town Monniker that they no longer play brown.Maybe it's timeto kick it.Maybe we can replace that game with Boston college Conn or Somebody good on the west coast.Let's face it for most of the last 4 or 5 years we've ranked higher on the RPI than they have.And we won more tournament games than they have......It's obvious eddy has no confidence in his team and that reeves and duke have not stepped up to the plate like they were supposed to.Remember last year dukes and reeeves the not the star of the team.... pipkin was
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Is this true?

KMatious
Posted on 2 hrs, , User Since 123 months ago, User Post Count: 2,856 2 hrs 123 months 2,856
RichardCoren said... (original post)

If URI is so insistant about playing this game, put their money where their mouths are. Play this year at Alumni with no fans and when the series resumes next year with fans, play at the Dunk. Then it resumes alternating spots. Problem solved.

show less
Exactly. But, they won't.

URI expected next year’s game to be at URI and not at PC? I would think this year would be at OC with no fans but then again next year at PC since this year is really nobody’s home game. PC Moderator says it was to be next year back to URI. True or false??? I really don’t know.
First, who cares what Coren says. Fun fact, this year is PC's home game and next year is URI's home game. That's the way it is currently scheduled. 2nd, as I understand it, URI did try to negotiate that PC doesn't lose the home game this year by allowing them to get a home game next year then URI gets it back the year after and alternate again. But I'm willing to bet that if this happened in URI's home year, PC would have tried to keep their home game next year (and they should...it's not their fault what year covid happened and it's not our fault now).

2nd, the statement from Driscoll and Bjorn was that a mutual date couldn't be found. That's obviously BS as the FDU game is a day after the PC/URI game was originally scheduled for.
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”