CAA pre-season football team

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: CAA pre-season football team

Unread post by ramster »

Here is how the 28 Selections break down By Preseason CAA Team Ranking/Team/Number of Sekections

1. JMU - 5
2. Villanova - 8
3. Delaware - 2
4. Albany - 3
5. UNH - 2
6. Elon - 1
7. Richmond - 2
8. Towson - 1
9. Stony Brook - 2
10. William & Mary - 0
11. Maine - 2
12. URI - 0
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

i can't think of one player on rhody @ that level
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Brian Forster wrote: 3 years ago i can't think of one player on rhody @ that level
fify
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

No,I know the roster. I don't see any returning player who performed at All CAA level.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

We won two games last year. I wouldn't think any of our guys are all-conference players either...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Coby Tippett, son of NFL Hall of Famer Andre Tippett, is transferring here. He was a third team All CAA safety last season at Towson as a junior. I'm not sure the CAA rules on transferring intraconference, but he hasn't used his redshirt season yet.

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 3 years ago Coby Tippett, son of NFL Hall of Famer Andre Tippett, is transferring here. He was a third team All CAA safety last season at Towson as a junior. I'm not sure the CAA rules on transferring intraconference, but he hasn't used his redshirt season yet.

Andre Tippett works for the NE Patriots and resides in Sharon MA.
He lost his mother and step-father in April to Covid-19 as they died 5 days apart in New Jersey.

INTRA-CONFERENCE TRANSFER POLICY for CAA Football
Student-Athletes in the sport of football are permitted to transfer from one CAA institution to another CAA institution and compete in the sport of football, provided that prior to competing for the second Conference institution the student-athlete serves a year in residency at the second Conference institution. During the year in residency [two full semesters (which shall be determined in accordance with NCAA rules associated with transfers)] the student-athlete shall not lose a year of eligibility, and shall be eligible to practice and receive athletically related financial aid. There are no exceptions or waivers to this rule.

https://ualbany_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/attachments1/files/15800/638244.pdf
1 x