The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I like Teddy Bridgewater also but I heard he may go join Bruce Arians in Tampa
Then give me some Jameis! Would love to see that guy on a regular basis. Multiple spectacular plays per game (for both teams!)
I might even start to cheer for the Pats if they got him...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

You won’t see Jamesis in New England but he could be a Las Vegas Raider ???
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

How do we feel about TB12 and Jimmy G possibly changing places ???
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Brady is gone. Where to, don't know yet.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Don’t let the door hit you, Tom.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

This is the best thing for the Pats. I will bet when all is said and done, it comes out that the Pats offered him a "bad" deal. I'm going to bet the "bad" part of it will be the years. I'll bet BB was willing to sign him for 2 years max but after that would be done because by that time Tom would be 45 and they'd want to have a future plan at QB. My guess: He signs for 4 years, $100 million, $60 million guaranteed, some type of player option after two years or 5 years, 125 million, $90 guaranteed, player option after 3. I'd be shocked if he signed for only two years/60-70 million.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

He should just retire, not sure why he'd even want to risk his "legacy" by going to another team. Brady's critics (myself included) have maintained that a large part of his success has been working within a system created by BB. His better years are obviously behind him and his best chance to disprove he's a system qb was with Tennessee, and they chose Tannehill.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I’ve loved watching Brady play. As a football player, I wouldn’t trade him for anyone that’s ever played. I think Bill is probably more responsible for the Patriots’ consistent and historic success over the last two decades, but it isn’t like he could have done it with a random QB. Between the two of them, it’s probably 60/40 Bill, but 40% of what they’ve done is more than any player has done in history.

But it’s time for the Patriots to move on. If legacy was more important to Brady than whatever petty bullshit he’s had going on with Bill over the last several years, then he’d have taken a team-friendly deal here for two years and helped the team transition to the next phase - mentoring his replacement and caretaking the offense to allow the team to remain competitive. The Brady that Pats fans fell in love with 20 years ago 100% would have done that, but he’s changed. Quite frankly, I’m sick of the act he’s developed over the later part of his career: skipping minicamps, leaking the Wickersham article, sulking about how they’ve managed the roster, all this shit with his quackery diet stuff and his relationship with that scumbag Guerrero, whatever the hell actually happened with deflategate, the Favre-ish will-he-or-won’t-he drama every offseason, refusing to throw to rookies or help develop them in the system (see also: point #1). Again, as a football player nobody ever that I'd rather have. As a guy, at least in the last part of his time here, I’ll take a hard pass.

Thanks for the memories, twelve. Best of luck.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Bring in some Famous Jameis!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Brady will be going to the TAmpa Bay Bucs
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I called this on January 6th:
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Bill is under contract and Tom isn’t, so it seems much more likely that Tom will go than Bill. Bill also has an infrastructure here that he relies on that he built and has maintained for over 20 years. At his age and stage of career, I doubt very much he wants to try to remake that somewhere else. It would be vaguely poetic for Tom to go to Vegas and officially enter the Vegas-residency stage of his career like so many pop musicians have in the past. I think he’d be more likely to end up in LA with the Chargers or in Tampa. Both of those places can offer something to him (namely offenses with good weapons) and to his family (whether and lifestyle amenities to accommodate the rich and famous). I doubt Giselle wants to send her kids to school in Vegas for a a few years. Doesn’t seem like her kind of town.
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Being a Bucs fan I’m a bit conflicted about this. Do you guys think he has anything left in the tank? We do have more weapons thank you did in New England last year. But our o-line sucks. I hope he doesn’t get killed back there. I was never a Brady fan but I respected him as being one of the greatest. I would have liked to see him retire as a Pat. But, I guess we have a new starting an now. Anything is better than Famous Jameis.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Brady will be good for you guys

I also thought he was leaving I got +200 that he was gone
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RIrugger01 wrote: 4 years ago Being a Bucs fan I’m a bit conflicted about this. Do you guys think he has anything left in the tank? We do have more weapons thank you did in New England last year. But our o-line sucks. I hope he doesn’t get killed back there. I was never a Brady fan but I respected him as being one of the greatest. I would have liked to see him retire as a Pat. But, I guess we have a new starting an now. Anything is better than Famous Jameis.
I think he's a really nice fit for the Bucs - Obviously, his arm strength isn't what it used to be, but he's still very good at avoiding interceptions, which was Winston's biggest weakness. Simply not turning the ball over is probably worth 2 to 4 wins for the Bucs, and given how stellar Evans is, and the potential of Godwin, Perriman and Howard, there's some reason to believe that Brady's numbers could improve too.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Very details article
Tampa Bay gets an A Grade with signing

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/289 ... goat-tampa
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
RIrugger01 wrote: 4 years ago Being a Bucs fan I’m a bit conflicted about this. Do you guys think he has anything left in the tank? We do have more weapons thank you did in New England last year. But our o-line sucks. I hope he doesn’t get killed back there. I was never a Brady fan but I respected him as being one of the greatest. I would have liked to see him retire as a Pat. But, I guess we have a new starting an now. Anything is better than Famous Jameis.
I think he's a really nice fit for the Bucs - Obviously, his arm strength isn't what it used to be, but he's still very good at avoiding interceptions, which was Winston's biggest weakness. Simply not turning the ball over is probably worth 2 to 4 wins for the Bucs, and given how stellar Evans is, and the potential of Godwin, Perriman and Howard, there's some reason to believe that Brady's numbers could improve too.
Not sure about the W-L record, but I would bet his stats in TB next year, will look a lot better than his stats this past year.
Lived in St. Pete during the Vinny Testaverde years...they must all be jakked-up down there for "TB12 in TB"
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
Not sure about the W-L record, but I would bet his stats in TB next year, will look a lot better than his stats this past year.
Lived in St. Pete during the Vinny Testaverde years...they must all be jakked-up down there for "TB12 in TB"
It’s a great addition for Tampa Bay. Football is so huge in the South. Tampa area has so much to look forward to now. Makes the NFC South interesting with Drew Brees and Tom Brady go head to head twice per year. Plus throw in veteran Matt Ryan and that’s 3 very good veteran QBs in one Division.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

And Teddy Bridgewater could be good for Panthers too ??
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

The Dolphins fan proposal was interesting.

-Roughly 25% capacity.
-There would be a specific window of time you would have to arrive at a specific gate to minimize traffic.
-Rows would exit the arena like church where you go one row at a time.
-Food lines would be done carry-out style (whatever that means).
-6 feet distance in all areas required at all times.

Would mean season ticket holders displaced, if they even get tickets at all. Interesting ideas...
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago This is the best thing for the Pats. I will bet when all is said and done, it comes out that the Pats offered him a "bad" deal. I'm going to bet the "bad" part of it will be the years. I'll bet BB was willing to sign him for 2 years max but after that would be done because by that time Tom would be 45 and they'd want to have a future plan at QB. My guess: He signs for 4 years, $100 million, $60 million guaranteed, some type of player option after two years or 5 years, 125 million, $90 guaranteed, player option after 3. I'd be shocked if he signed for only two years/60-70 million.
Tom's been taking a discounted salary for a long, long time. It's his turn to make what he wants. Brady is a winner, on top of the game, what more does he need? Let him get paid. If the Patriots don't want to tie up the money in him, that is their decision.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago The Dolphins fan proposal was interesting.

-Roughly 25% capacity.
-There would be a specific window of time you would have to arrive at a specific gate to minimize traffic.
-Rows would exit the arena like church where you go one row at a time.
-Food lines would be done carry-out style (whatever that means).
-6 feet distance in all areas required at all times.

Would mean season ticket holders displaced, if they even get tickets at all. Interesting ideas...
I think if I had season tickets, I'd defer to 2021. To me not worth a chance to get sick from attending the games this year. As a world, we still do not know enough about the coronavirus.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

RI_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago This is the best thing for the Pats. I will bet when all is said and done, it comes out that the Pats offered him a "bad" deal. I'm going to bet the "bad" part of it will be the years. I'll bet BB was willing to sign him for 2 years max but after that would be done because by that time Tom would be 45 and they'd want to have a future plan at QB. My guess: He signs for 4 years, $100 million, $60 million guaranteed, some type of player option after two years or 5 years, 125 million, $90 guaranteed, player option after 3. I'd be shocked if he signed for only two years/60-70 million.
Tom's been taking a discounted salary for a long, long time. It's his turn to make what he wants. Brady is a winner, on top of the game, what more does he need? Let him get paid. If the Patriots don't want to tie up the money in him, that is their decision.
I haven't vetted out this topic in a while, but I think when all is said and done, we'll find out the move to Tampa was more about his lack of interest in playing for Bill and less about the finances. Very similar to someone like Gronk who was fine sacrificing his contract until Tom lands in Tampa and he magically is interested in playing again.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 3 years ago
RI_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
I haven't vetted out this topic in a while, but I think when all is said and done, we'll find out the move to Tampa was more about his lack of interest in playing for Bill and less about the finances. Very similar to someone like Gronk who was fine sacrificing his contract until Tom lands in Tampa and he magically is interested in playing again.
That could point also to not wanting to continue playing for Bill. Gronk must have a much closer relationship with Tom.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Newton to the Pats? I'll watch.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago Newton to the Pats? I'll watch.
Looks like a done deal. Brady to Newton. What a freakin' joke.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

1 year deal with incentives should be interesting
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago Newton to the Pats? I'll watch.
^this^
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Is he fully healthy?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago Is he fully healthy?
That's the million dollar question, of course. I'd be worried if I was a fan of another team, but an incentive-laden, one year deal with the Patriots is pretty much the perfect thing for the team when it comes to Newton. If he's not healthy, or if he can't play effectively because of past injuries, or if he can't adapt to relying less on his legs, I imagine Belichick is going to cut him pretty quick.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Incredible athlete in his prime but I never thought of him as a great passer.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SGreenwell wrote: 3 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 3 years ago Is he fully healthy?
That's the million dollar question, of course. I'd be worried if I was a fan of another team, but an incentive-laden, one year deal with the Patriots is pretty much the perfect thing for the team when it comes to Newton. If he's not healthy, or if he can't play effectively because of past injuries, or if he can't adapt to relying less on his legs, I imagine Belichick is going to cut him pretty quick.
Bill probably would do just that. But for right now, the starting job is his to lose.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Low risk high reward I like the move !!
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Imo if healthy Newton is a significant upgrade over last season Brady.

Not even close...
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

Wow! I think it's a good signing. Not great, but good. Depends on the risk/reward with Newton. It's a bargain for New England.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

hrstrat57 wrote: 3 years ago Imo if healthy Newton is a significant upgrade over last season Brady.

Not even close...
Certainly an upgrade over Stidham.

You had to know that the longer Newton was on the market, NE was going to get him.. I think it was a foregone conclusion.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

No matter who the new qb is this season is going to be a compelling watch. I’m looking forward to it if it ever comes
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

I think so too. It will be interesting to see how all the changes affect the Pats. Also, how will all the talent develop or will it?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Belichick will be hungry to win without Brady , pats could be dangerous
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Cam needs some guys to throw to, just like Brady. They desperately need a good tight end.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Jules Sanu and Harry I don’t think is a bad Top 3 and remember the name Devin Asiasi kid is going to be a certifiable beast
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Brady is both the best and my favorite football player of all time. He’s also way past his prime and very difficult to like as a dude, and in both of those respects Cam is a huge upgrade. 31 years old, as much natural talent as anyone in the league, a boatload to prove, and also cool as shit as a human being. I’m pumped for the Cam Newton era.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

reef wrote: 3 years ago Jules Sanu and Harry I don’t think is a bad Top 3 and remember the name Devin Asiasi kid is going to be a certifiable beast
I don't know if any of those guys are true #1 WRs... but if Edelman can stay healthy he is always a threat. To be fair, I don't think Sanu "wowed" anyone last year. Harry still has to prove himself.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah Sanu had a bum ankle last year that hurt him and Harry underperformed going to need both those guys to improve
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Patriots at Seattle Sunday Night Football

The piped in crowd noise on the TV is so loud it makes it difficult to hear the play by play announcers

Stadium is empty of fans.

I like the crowd noise, makes the game more interesting but it’s a bit too loud.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That was a really good football game .
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Love the sweatshirt....
FB734FCC-840B-45AF-A011-3E0E86F6A794.png
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago Love the sweatshirt....

FB734FCC-840B-45AF-A011-3E0E86F6A794.png
Except for the background it looks like a police photo after being busted for DWI
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Love that coach and his Subway commercial

We are on to Vegas
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awful just awful we need receivers baby !!
0 x