Yahoo Sports: Rift at ASU between Bobby Hurley, AD

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Wasn't sure where to put this so...

Unread post by RamStock »

Wow. What a mess at Arizona State. It would be surprising if the Athletic Director isn’t fired or Hurley leaves. There is no way these guys are going to be able to work together going forward.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree mess indeed , I want Ray Anderson fired
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

What a creep! The fact that they allowed him to be around the team and the coaches wives after the multiple complaints were made is quite troubling.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Not to pick on you, but in the future, please try to at least give the thread a title of what its about. Changing it to something more appropriate now.
1 x
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

Re: Yahoo Sports: Rift at ASU between Bobby Hurley, AD

Unread post by ramsman75 »

Apparently Bobby doesn't want him fired
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I wonder whether Anderson's conduct is being directed ASU's legal team unbeknownst to Hurley at the time. The mess sure makes Anderson look bad. Good for Bobby's intolerance.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Money talks and bullshit walks. According to the reports that I have read, Hurley was extremely upset with Anderson, prior to Wear showing up to the game on Dec 7. What happened between that period of time, and now, that their relationship would strengthen? Looks like Anderson's job security is stronger than Bobby's. This doesn't look like intolerance any more, but capitulation.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

With all due respect to Bobby what else would he possibly say to try and avoid a full blown media storm. I really get a kick about how everyone hides behind a statement as opposed to granting an interview.
0 x
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

RAM67 wrote: 3 years ago Money talks and bullshit walks. According to the reports that I have read, Hurley was extremely upset with Anderson, prior to Wear showing up to the game on Dec 7. What happened between that period of time, and now, that their relationship would strengthen? Looks like Anderson's job security is stronger than Bobby's. This doesn't look like intolerance any more, but capitulation.
Not sure I understand your comment about Bobby's job security? ASU was on the verge of 3 straight ncaat appearances this year. Bobby is not anywhere near the hot seat as far as I am aware. I see no capitulation.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

daytonflyerfan wrote: 3 years ago
RAM67 wrote: 3 years ago Money talks and bullshit walks. According to the reports that I have read, Hurley was extremely upset with Anderson, prior to Wear showing up to the game on Dec 7. What happened between that period of time, and now, that their relationship would strengthen? Looks like Anderson's job security is stronger than Bobby's. This doesn't look like intolerance any more, but capitulation.
Not sure I understand your comment about Bobby's job security? ASU was on the verge of 3 straight ncaat appearances this year. Bobby is not anywhere near the hot seat as far as I am aware. I see no capitulation.
Apparently somewhere between his being really pissed at Anderson's "protection" of Wear, for his transgressions against not only his own wife, but wives of two of his associates, he is now in protective mode of Anderson. It would be disingenuous to say that something didn't transpire to make him change his mind, on a very serious and personal matter.
0 x