Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Re: Fatts

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Awesome news. This will clear up recruiting quite a bit too. No need for a Grad transfer or JUCO point guard.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

FATTS WEDNESDAY! AND EVERY OTHER DAY! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU LEAD US TO THE DANCE NEXT SEASON!!!!
8 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Top 4 in Conference with Fatts and Sheppard.

If we get a bonus of Betrand or one of the twins to clear their waiver... Top 3 in Conference.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago Honestly, I'm ready to move on.
Honestly, are you still crying?

Honestly, if fans are allowed, don’t even go to any home games next year.

Honestly, what a joke of a post.
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go Rhody
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

URI starting lineup - Fatts, Sheppard, DJ, Walker & Harris. With two Fr Guards on the bench.
Only 5 returning players and 2 were transfers.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Need one more player.

But, Fatts is a Rock Star.

Enter TT?
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Rhody83 wrote: 3 years ago URI starting lineup - Fatts, Sheppard, DJ, Walker & Harris. With two Fr Guards on the bench.
Only 5 returning players and 2 were transfers.
Wouldn’t they go with a three guard lineup with Leggett or Berry in the sterling role? They may go through some learning curves, but both have much more potential than DJ. The team sounds really thin when you put it on paper and can see it. Not sure what is left, but really need 2 bigs or least one and a wing. They could move Walker to start at small forward if they got another couple front court players to go with Harris. Who is left that can help next year?
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

I Go way back to before Sly, and though his team conquered my forever Rhody mentality, (loved the late great Jiggy btw), I love every Ram. But of course I have my favorites like everyone does. Though I was nervous Fatts would leave, he would have been in my top 10 regardless of his decision. Love Fatts even more if that is possible! Will go down as Keaney Blue legend!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

giovanni wrote: 3 years ago I Go way back to before Sly, and though his team conquered my forever Rhody mentality, (loved the late great Jiggy btw), I love every Ram. But of course I have my favorites like everyone does. Though I was nervous Fatts would leave, he would have been in my top 10 regardless of his decision. Love Fatts even more if that is possible! Will go down as Keaney Blue legend!
Agree. And Jiggy is my all-time favorite Ram.
0 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

With everything going on, this made my day! Looking forward to watching you in Keaney Blue one more year Fatts! Thank you!
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Perfectly played.

Now let’s get a vaccine 💉 so we all can hoop it up! Warp speed fast just like Fatts!

Go Rhody!
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Good news, good news
Glad to hear it.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Very, very smart move by Fatts in my opinion. He's only going to get better. Enjoy college, improve your game, & get a better shot at the NBA with an additional year of experience & improvement. Wise decision! Love watching Fatts play! Happy to see him return!
3 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awesome news welcome back Fatts

We still look pretty thin with all the transfers sitting out so I am thinking maybe we get to 18 wins at most
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.....good to hear/see this.....Go Rhody....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Not surprising that returning to URI is Fatts' best opportunity.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago Not surprising that returning to URI is Fatts' best opportunity.
good one Waldorf. Even though no matter how you slice it, this is good news...

Not surprising that returning to the forum and posting negative takes is your favorite opportunity.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

This is great news. Now I’m pissed off about Toppin/Martin/Long. What a good team this would be.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
URI_CellBio14
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URI_CellBio14 »

WELCOME BACK.

Can't wait to see you DOMINATE again. Go get 'em dude
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Good news about Fatts!

Now we need more bigs.
1 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Yes Yes Yes!!!! POY in the A10 and is going to potentially break scoring records. Welcome back Fatts!! No go away COVID so we can play!!
0 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

loyalty, thanks you Fatts! Much love him and he’ll forever be a Rhody legend, now get after it.
2 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

steviep123 wrote: 3 years ago This is great news. Now I’m pissed off about Toppin/Martin/Long. What a good team this would be.
Still frosted about Martin - some asshole at UConn got in his ear and lied to him. Hope he enjoys the bench and then being over recruited for his senior year.
6 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

The Fatts-Sheppard connection is going to be great to watch. The speed will be crazy, idk if my eyes are ready to move that quickly to keep up with them.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

If this team, as constituted, finishes above middle of the pack Cox should be COY.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Going to look at the Juco route IMO. Maybe find another Xavier Munford type talent
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Almost All of the bigs listed on the JUCO top 150 are committed already. 1 PF named Holland is available from Fla , No C available. Might be guys not listed but very slim pickings :( , at best!!
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

What will Fatts' teammates do when URI is on offense?
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
3mm's
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by 3mm's »

They run back on defense for when he drives to the basket , gets blocked and falls down.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago What will Fatts' teammates do when URI is on offense?
hopefully they will do their part and we will be fine...
;)
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhody72 wrote: 3 years ago What will Fatts' teammates do when URI is on offense?
Probably play offense.
4 x
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

Hopefully nobody misses a shot bc who would get the rebound?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We have a massive problem as things stand now.

7 eligible players.

4 ineligible transfers.

2 open scholarships.

Of the 3 frontcourt players, Johnson hasn't even played, and I consider him to be a 3 anyway.

How can anyone think we will be able to handle any team that has size and depth in the frontcourt?

Cox is obviously well aware of this.

What make it even harder to bring in grad transfers right now, is not only is there not many good ones available right now, but even if we get a couple, who knows if they will have a season to play in?
1 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

It's ok, we'll all be watching from home anyway.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If the season is cancelled I doubt Fatts and maybe Sheppard will be back.

Playing college games with no one in the stands? Good luck with that.

Maybe that works okay for the conferences that are getting big TV money, but the A10?

No revenue means no sports.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Maybe a pay per view deal could work if nobody was in the stands. People are yearning for sports and I for sure would pay my fakr share to watch college bball.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I would pay a decent fee to absolute access to all 20 A-10 games for my team.

And they should have a "season ticket" pass for more money, for people who just want to watch basketball throughout the conference in general, which allows them to watch any game, dvr, and also go back and watch them again throughout the season.

But I would pay for the Rhody games only. If they want to chip in the entire all access to us for no additional cost, I wouldn't say no, otherwise people can pay more (double?) for that if they choose.

But it has to be done professionally, and not with the use of unreliable college kids who don't show up because they don't feel like it on a given night.
0 x
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

Welcome back Fatts! Looking forward to seeing you lead us to the A10 title and breaking some Rhody records along the way.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The better question is, what would Fatts’ teammates do without him if he stayed in the draft?

Take Fatts away from this team and we struggle to win 10 games.

Would you really enjoy watching this team more without Fatts?

You’ll say yes just to stand your ground, but literally everyone knows that would be a lie.

Even with Fatts, this team won’t be expected to do much. Might as well watch one of the schools most prolific scorers and steal artists in history for one more year.
3 x
Go Rhody
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Rhody15 wrote: 3 years ago
The better question is, what would Fatts’ teammates do without him if he stayed in the draft?
I would love to see Fatts become a team player and I would recognize him for it.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

R72,
Precisely what are your qualifications for being a “team player?” Dude averaged about 5ast/gm last year with a better than 2:1 ast:to ratio. Great defender, one of the national leaders in steals, doesn’t take plays/possessions off on either end of the court, constantly sacrifices his body by going to the basket and getting drilled...

He could probably average a few more assists per game if he wanted to but someone has to score the damn ball and he’s one of the best at that.

Besides picking up some techs for running too hot and mouthing off (what, three times in his career?) how has he behaved selfishly and not as a “team player?”
6 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Terrific interviews with Hersh and DiSano.. Love what I'm hearing from Fatts. I sure hope we'll be able to have a season because I want to see my man go out in style.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If there's no season, but kids go to school...Will every junior in the country be eligible to 'grad transfer' next year?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I will NEVER get tired of watching EC and Fatts send Trae Young back to Oklahoma.

5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeteRI wrote: 3 years ago I will NEVER get tired of watching EC and Fatts send Trae Young back to Oklahoma.

THAT...might be my favorite live Rhody memory (and the EC "I'm back" dunk). Then again, I'm fairly new
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Don’t do it to him like that Fatts !!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 3 years ago If there's no season, but kids go to school...Will every junior in the country be eligible to 'grad transfer' next year?
yes, as long as they complete the requirements for graduation
0 x