Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Fatts

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

What Fatts is doing now is the new normal....we just need to get used to it. Every year from now on...
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Although I think starting next year there will be a drop dead date by which a player must announce their plan to transfer otherwise they will have to sit out a year.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I think Cox and URI are going under the assumption that Fatts will not be back with the team. URI has already seen this story with several players recently and will not be fooled again. They would obviously like to add another point guard for not only next year, but for the next couple of years. I would prefer to have Fatts next year, but am more hopeful the transfer rule passes. If Fatts leaves and the transfer rule doesn’t pass, maybe it would be a lucky break if the basketball season was cancelled as we will not be very good.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Regardless of what Fatts decides we still have 2 open scholarships left to fill. I for one am curious to see how this plays out and what our new roster will look like. I sure hope there is a season because I am a college basketball junkie. Since I am very recently retired, I can't wait for sports to begin, something to look forward to, since traveling is an issue now.
2 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Does anyone know if tomorrow is indeed D-Day for the NCAA to vote on the Transfer-rule?

Also I am hoping that Fatts comes back next season but I can also understand if he wants
to go pro. It's what these kids work their whole life for. All their hard work culminates
this moment. Because of his size I see him more of a D-league/ International Pro league
guy but you never know. I hope he comes back,but I wish him the best of luck if
he goes pro. I will be disappointed and sad to see him leave early.
3 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Unless something changed, 5/20 is when the vote for the no-sit rule was scheduled. I think the date for players to withdraw from the draft and still be eligible for NCAA play has been delayed but don't know when.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago Fatts is a young man who will make his decision when he is ready and comfortable and that is how it should be. He is holding nobody hostage and he fill follow the correct guidelines set forth by the NCAA. Cox and the staff are more aware of the situation then any of us and I am sure they have dialogue with him. He will follow his own timeline and should not allow any outside pressure force him to make any hasty decision. I have enjoyed watching him here and it has been a fun ride, his basketball maturity has really grown. He owes us nothing and we all need to be reminded of that.
I would argue he's holding the program hostage because he's making it harder to work any contingency plans ... Like what if Ant Nelson is sitting there this week telling URI "I want to commit this week and I would like it to be to you but I want to play and I need to know if Fatts is going to be there or not?" And by the end of the week URI has to go "Sorry Ant we don't know what he is going to do?" so Ant goes "Sorry but I'm going to have to follow the playing time then." Now 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks from now, Fatts makes his decision, and if he comes back it's great for URI, but if he goes elsewhere, who knows how many other moves they could have made with the open playing time to at least make URI representative next season.

I think that's uniquely different than a guy who goes "Thank you I'm out," and the school knows exactly at that time the player is gone and can plan accordingly. That's not to say this is the wrong process for him, that it's well-thought out and what not, but it doesn't mean he isn't jamming the program at the same time by possibly preventing them from moving on in the event he is leaning elsewhere.
Fatts does not need you on his back. It's enough that he needs to carry the team next year.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

40 programs waiting for NBA draft deadline

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php ... -deadline/
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DeanDome88 wrote: 3 years ago
Jersey77 wrote: 3 years ago Fatts is a young man who will make his decision when he is ready and comfortable and that is how it should be. He is holding nobody hostage and he fill follow the correct guidelines set forth by the NCAA. Cox and the staff are more aware of the situation then any of us and I am sure they have dialogue with him. He will follow his own timeline and should not allow any outside pressure force him to make any hasty decision. I have enjoyed watching him here and it has been a fun ride, his basketball maturity has really grown. He owes us nothing and we all need to be reminded of that.
I would argue he's holding the program hostage because he's making it harder to work any contingency plans ... Like what if Ant Nelson is sitting there this week telling URI "I want to commit this week and I would like it to be to you but I want to play and I need to know if Fatts is going to be there or not?" And by the end of the week URI has to go "Sorry Ant we don't know what he is going to do?" so Ant goes "Sorry but I'm going to have to follow the playing time then." Now 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks from now, Fatts makes his decision, and if he comes back it's great for URI, but if he goes elsewhere, who knows how many other moves they could have made with the open playing time to at least make URI representative next season.

I think that's uniquely different than a guy who goes "Thank you I'm out," and the school knows exactly at that time the player is gone and can plan accordingly. That's not to say this is the wrong process for him, that it's well-thought out and what not, but it doesn't mean he isn't jamming the program at the same time by possibly preventing them from moving on in the event he is leaning elsewhere.
Fatts does not need you on his back. It's enough that he needs to carry the team next year.
Fatts used Instagram A week or more ago to say he would have a big announcement on Monday May 18. There was considerable discussion in this thread wondering why he wouldn’t wait until after the big Vote on Wednesday May 20. That led to some speculation on what he might decide.

Monday came and went with no announcement from Fatts.

So if a player is going to use the media to promote a big announcement, then changes his plans, then why shouldn’t the player use the same media to announce a delay in the announcement or simply cancel the announcement? Why keep fans hanging? I don’t think that’s asking too much of any athlete that leverages the media.
1 x
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

8 pm tonight he will let us know what’s happening per his insta story
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Dino611 wrote: 3 years ago 8 pm tonight he will let us know what’s happening per his insta story
Makes sense the vote is today.

Could be, that if the no sit out either doesn't pass or is delayed a year, he'll be back.

He's not going to want to sit a year.

Of course if there's no season, this is all moot.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

As long as David Cox is kept informed I don’t see any big deal with a 2 day announcement delay from Russell.

I can hang on despite my busy schedule...

😎
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

If the vote on the transfer rule is postponed until January. Then Fatts options are
to go pro or come back . A transfer to another school doesn't make sense.

And then Cox needs to get immediate front court help, which could
be a big problem. Seeing there is not many grad transfers, Juco or HS
seniors of much quality left. Mostly drek.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I don't like that the decision is seemingly keyed to the transfer rule vote, in my mind that leave only 3 options:

1. He is looking to transfer if the rule passes
2. He will go pro if the transfer rule does not pass; or
3. He is staying either way and is using the announcement today as a recruiting tool for eligible players next year if the rule does not pass
1 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Hopefully #3...
2 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodylaw wrote: 3 years ago I don't like that the decision is seemingly keyed to the transfer rule vote, in my mind that leave only 3 options:

1. He is looking to transfer if the rule passes
2. He will go pro if the transfer rule does not pass; or
3. He is staying either way and is using the announcement today as a recruiting tool for eligible players next year if the rule does not pass
I think it is option 1 or 2. There is that slim possibility that if the rule passes he thinks the team is good enough to compete with all the incoming players.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

4. He is going to wait on the NBA to work out at their camps and see how that goes before declaring
5. He is going to wait to see if there is going to be a College Basketball Season before finalizing his decision
6. He is still thinking about what to do. No news yet.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

7. He's having fish and chips for dinner.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago 7. He's having fish and chips for dinner.
Really? I figured he’s a cheesesteak kind of guy. ;-)
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote: 3 years ago 7. He's having fish and chips for dinner.
8. He’s having For dinner a recommendation from NYGFan_Section208‘s “Down the Line - C19 Quarantine Eatin'.”
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I’m waiting for Fatts to sign in on KB forums and give us a Philly based review of Tilly’s...

😋
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 3 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 3 years ago

Fatts used Instagram A week or more ago to say he would have a big announcement on Monday May 18. There was considerable discussion in this thread wondering why he wouldn’t wait until after the big Vote on Wednesday May 20. That led to some speculation on what he might decide.

Monday came and went with no announcement from Fatts.

So if a player is going to use the media to promote a big announcement, then changes his plans, then why shouldn’t the player use the same media to announce a delay in the announcement or simply cancel the announcement? Why keep fans hanging? I don’t think that’s asking too much of any athlete that leverages the media.
Hey, hey, hey!! Be nice! (He reads this)
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Preparing for the meltdown...

I really don’t know what to expect, but my hope is we don’t have a season and all this is moot.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Preparing for the meltdown...

I really don’t know what to expect, but my hope is we don’t have a season and all this is moot.
Well, the way things are going, Cox is sure hoping for that. But the rest of us want a season.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote: 3 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago Preparing for the meltdown...

Well, the way things are going, Cox is sure hoping for that. But the rest of us want a season.
I want a season for so many reasons.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

;) 9. He is waiting for a poll on here to see what we thinks he should do.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

You guys want a season so we can complain about having 7-8 scholarship players?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

[quote=DC_Rams post_id=454104 time=1590018250 user_id=1113]
You guys want a season so we can complain about having 7-8 scholarship players?
[/quote]

We need a baron 3.0 thread.
1 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

If there’s 5 guys who want to be here and want a season, then I want a season.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I want a season, for better or worse.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

6 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

All you negative nancies can go eat that crow when you were calling it a for certain thing he was gone and not coming back. Lol.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

GREAT NEWS!!!!
3 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Let’s go!
0 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Which school?
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

6 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Hells yeah!!! Go Fatts. Great decision.
Go Rhody.
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

4 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Let’s hope we have a season!
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Happy to have Fatts back for his Last Dance at Rhody!
1 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Whatever Fatts decides I am ok with.
.....He has created a lot of excitement for three years....personally I am looking forward to seeing him one more.

.....He is an amazing athlete. How he survives picking himself off the floor so many times a game is amazing......we would all be in the ER.

.....His older brother Dwayne, is playing pro-ball in Europe now. So I am assuming he is getting good information
1 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Awesome now let’s get him some help....need to find another capable big man
5 x
Clapton is God
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I would have understood if he went professional but so glad to have Fatts back!
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago “Big decision coming soon.” Fatts Russell via Snapchat.
I’m the villain...
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Let’s go! Add another capable eligible player and we’ll have some promise
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yay Fatts!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Awesome, Let’s end it with another Friar beat down Fatts!
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Thank fucking god.

Going to watch him play is worth catching the virus (sorry if I offend anyone older or with pre existing conditions).
Last edited by Rhody15 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Let’s go!!!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

DC_Rams wrote: 3 years ago
David Cox is like "man, just minding my business over here and Fatts is comparing me to Phil Jackson (good), but we all know what happened to Phil after the 1998 playoffs (bad)."
0 x