'20 NY C - Isaiah Richards (Louisiana at Lafayette)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Re: '20 NY C - Isaiah Richards (Offer)

Unread post by bkoeppen »

NERR updating their prep rankings for kids out of Mass, with Isiah coming in 5th, right behind Josh Ogundele

https://newenglandrecruitingreport.com/ ... -of-2020b/

A third big man and second Springfield Commonwealth product, Isaiah Richards, rounds out the top five. Another South Shore alum, Richards is an athletic big man who doubles as a vertical spacer offensively and rim protector on the defensive end.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I would have trusted the coaching staff on Josh Ogundele but he really did not look ready to contribute much until he got in better shape. Richards seems ready to go athletically just needing experience and time to develop his offensive game. I think he could contribute on the defensive end sooner rather than later. I 'd be happy if we end up with him.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

If we don’t get Akeem let’s hope we get Richards

We can’t strike out on both ??
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

URI is still active with Isaiah.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

who is better ?
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I say sign them both if we can. Two guards and two big men would be a great class.
Next year is going to be Fatts vs the world anyways. Let’s start to develop some more young big men.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I'm concerned that Akeem is another Josh Ogundele and we are
going to lose both of them if we wait much longer. On the other hand
if we sign Richard's Akeem might say I'm out and go to one of the other
options. Walking on a razor blade here.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Welcome to the world of recruiting Chico.
2 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Was in attendance at tonight’s game vs Dayton
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago Was in attendance at tonight’s game vs Dayton
official visit?
0 x
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
official visit?
Not sure, was sitting in the same row as Hima but next to a bunch of teammates
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Please Mr Richards choose URI if you have the talent we will find playing time for you
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

DevRam wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
official visit?
Not sure, was sitting in the same row as Hima but next to a bunch of teammates
It wasn’t an official visit.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Is this the only kid we have on the radar playing in the tournament? I took a quick glance and looks that way.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 years ago Is this the only kid we have on the radar playing in the tournament? I took a quick glance and looks that way.
Tres Berry plays for Scotland.
1 x
Rhody76
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by Rhody76 »

I'm new to the recruitment corner, haven't commented in the past, and saw both Richards and Berry play today at Conn College.
Berry is the real deal, hit 3 threes from the corner, is very long and plays with an edge. He'd be a great addition to Rhody.
But Richards showed nothing today. Although he made a few 15' jumpers, he isn't an A10 player. He doesn't have a great motor, and doesn't have soft hands or good foot balance. I would pass on him!
The big we should be pursuing is Berry's teammate on Scotland Campus, #33 Abou Ousmane. He has great feet and soft hands, solid post moves, and hustles up and down the court for a big guy (6'9" ~230). Appears Georgetown just offered him.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody76 wrote: 4 years ago I'm new to the recruitment corner, haven't commented in the past, and saw both Richards and Berry play today at Conn College.
Berry is the real deal, hit 3 threes from the corner, is very long and plays with an edge. He'd be a great addition to Rhody.
But Richards showed nothing today. Although he made a few 15' jumpers, he isn't an A10 player. He doesn't have a great motor, and doesn't have soft hands or good foot balance. I would pass on him!
The big we should be pursuing is Berry's teammate on Scotland Campus, #33 Abou Ousmane. He has great feet and soft hands, solid post moves, and hustles up and down the court for a big guy (6'9" ~230). Appears Georgetown just offered him.
Was there also 76. I believe Berry hit 5 threes. Not sure if you stayed for the entire game. Only missed one shot (his last one). I was sitting near Austin Carroll and TJ. Was also talking with Todd Quarles (Expressions). Todd kept mentioning to Austin that they should get Ousmane. Todd knows the kid even though he didn’t play for Expressions.

I agree on all of your points. I think URI is well positioned for Akeem Odusipe so they probably will not pursue Ousmane.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

With 3 schollies, couldn't we offer both big men?
Do they have a similar game?
Would they both we willing to come with the potential of competing for minutes the first 2 years? (Although I see us playing freshman bigs at a solid mpg basis next year if we are only going to have Harris and Walker at 4/5)
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Rhody76 wrote: 4 years ago I'm new to the recruitment corner, haven't commented in the past, and saw both Richards and Berry play today at Conn College.
Looks like Ousmane committed to Cleveland State last year but then reclassified. If URI has room for a big man project he'd fit the bill.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Did you see the length of Ousmane's right arm, he has a 7'3 wing span. His arm is taller than some adult humans

0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Richard’s teammate commits to Pitt. URI Ast should build a strong relationship with Nick Couluris (Head Coach) at Springfield Commonwealth Academy. It could become a nice pipeline for Rhody. This is his first year there and the might end up with five D1 scholarship players.

0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Anybody hear where he landed, or with all the recent moves would we we still have any interest?
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

I thought I saw he landed at Nevada but now I can’t fine any verification of that.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s uncommitted.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Full court press !! We need an eligible big!
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

We still on this kid?
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

This is pretty surprising. Low-level major program far away from home.
0 x
GO RAMS
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago This is pretty surprising. Low-level major program far away from home.
Maybe he loves gumbo.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I was of the mind that Richards would have been good to have on the team if the immediate eligibility for transfers is not passed. I hope the coaching staff has an equal or better option lined up. We look to be in good shape if the rule changes and in need of serious help if it does not.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago I was of the mind that Richards would have been good to have on the team if the immediate eligibility for transfers is not passed. I hope the coaching staff has an equal or better option lined up. We look to be in good shape if the rule changes and in need of serious help if it does not.
Koch tweeted yesterday that as of now, we have no offers out to anyone in the Class of 2020. Not good!
0 x
Go Rhody
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago I was of the mind that Richards would have been good to have on the team if the immediate eligibility for transfers is not passed. I hope the coaching staff has an equal or better option lined up. We look to be in good shape if the rule changes and in need of serious help if it does not.
Koch tweeted yesterday that as of now, we have no offers out to anyone in the Class of 2020. Not good!
Koch is 100% basing that on Verbal Commits. I like Verbal Commits but I've yet to see anyone give it the credence that Koch does.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

If you believe that, I also have a bridge to sell you.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
If you believe that, I also have a bridge to sell you.
Knowing how hard this staff works I can’t imagine this is true.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: '20 NY C - Isaiah Richards (Louisiana at Lafayette)

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

He’s using verbal commits as a source. He should know better
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."