'16 Australian SG - Jonah Antonio (UNLV --> Wake Forest)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: '16 Australian SG - Jonah Antonio (UNLV Grad Transfer)

Unread post by DC_Rams »

WF offered late, after his final 3, it’s the ACC with a new coach and a ton of PT to offer.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Lmao
0 x
GO RAMS
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

This guy hasn’t been in the same place the last 5 years. It is not surprising that he switched to Wake Forest after narrowing it down to his final 3 which didn’t include them.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Anyone still think my walk on post was so far fetched?

7 players currently, 6 if Fatts leaves.
0 x
Go Rhody
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago WF offered late, after his final 3, it’s the ACC with a new coach and a ton of PT to offer.
Out of nowhere. On to the next.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I was willing to give this guy a shot but he missed his final three.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone still think my walk on post was so far fetched?

What walk ons? We have walk ons?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Ugh after watching that last video I was hoping he would pick URI
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Damn that sucks - was a good insurance policy if the twins don’t get a waiver (they are the only ones i think have a shot at one).
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Anyone still think my walk on post was so far fetched?

What walk ons? We have walk ons?
New walk on’s may have to play legitimate minutes this year with so few available scholarship players.
0 x
Go Rhody
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '16 Australian SG - Jonah Antonio (UNLV --> Wake Forest)

Unread post by sf2010 »

Well shit.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Damn that sucks - was a good insurance policy if the twins don’t get a waiver (they are the only ones i think have a shot at one).

Why do you think the twins have a legit shot at a waiver? I don't think they have even enrolled yet?
I'm confused as to what makes them different. A player usually has to be enrolled for 1 year/ 2 semesters
before being eligible to play or have some compelling reason. Change over in coach/ sick parent/financial
hardship, etc? What reason would the twins have? Not attacking you just would like to understand
your reasoning. ( hope your right )
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

NCAA has been much more strict about granting waivers this past year or at least not consistent. The chance of any of our transfers receiving waivers for next year is slim to none. I am sure Cox is leaving no stone unturned in finding immediate eligible players to fill out the roster, hopefully they will be descent contributors.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

BYU and DePaul have moved on:
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago Damn that sucks - was a good insurance policy if the twins don’t get a waiver (they are the only ones i think have a shot at one).

Why do you think the twins have a legit shot at a waiver? I don't think they have even enrolled yet?
I'm confused as to what makes them different. A player usually has to be enrolled for 1 year/ 2 semesters
before being eligible to play or have some compelling reason. Change over in coach/ sick parent/financial
hardship, etc? What reason would the twins have? Not attacking you just would like to understand
I agree. At best they could be eligible for the second semester or they forgo the rule and allow all transfers to be eligible immediately. The Twins have no reason to be eligible right away unless they do it for everyone.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

The twins can't be eligible for the second semester at URI. They were enrolled at Maryland for the second semester there. They have to sit out 1 full year unless they are granted a waiver. Why don't people get this?
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago The twins can't be eligible for the second semester at URI. They were enrolled at Maryland for the second semester there. They have to sit out 1 full year unless they are granted a waiver. Why don't people get this?
I agree with that. I’m just saying that would be the best case scenario if they made an exception because they weren’t playing in December. It is either everyone or the Twins sit the year like everyone else. They have nothing different from other transfers other than they announced they were leaving at the 2019
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Makale Foreman would be an excellent back-up plan if Fatts doesn't return. He is probably looking for significant starter minutes at a level higher then Stony Brook, probably not interested as a role player off the bench.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago Damn that sucks - was a good insurance policy if the twins don’t get a waiver (they are the only ones i think have a shot at one).

My reasoning is everyone will apply for a waiver this year and some players will get it - they are the only ones on the team with a compelling story of needing to leave the team because of a personal issue with the coach. I'm not saying they will get the waiver but I think there may be a shot. I still think Antwan gets the waiver last year if G'Town had played ball with the process. I can tell you that their mom will not be quiet if the reason they don't get a transfer is the MD coaching staff so I am sure they will be fully cooperative with the process.

If just the twins were eligible I think our team next year is much improved. Starting 5 of Fatts, Jeremy, Antwan, Jermaine, Makhi. Off the bench Makhel, Ish, Berry and DJ. That would be more than enough to compete in the top of the A10.

WE CANNOT RELY ON THE WAIVER THOUGH - and need to get at least one more immediately eligible player for next season.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

WE CANNOT RELY ON THE WAIVER THOUGH - and need to get at least one more immediately eligible player for next season.

AMEN TO THAT!!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Ouch!!

As I said, I love the player's Cox has brought in, but this is certainly not what I expected going into his third year.

I hope Ish and Berry both make the all-rookie team. They willl have plenty of minutes to do it.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Watching this guy light up Florida State!

Totally forgot he existed.

7-8 from three.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Oh my I forgot about him too !!
0 x