Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Fatts

Unread post by RamStock »

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago I am not worried about Fatts transfering. If the transfer rule change passes Rhody is loaded and Fatts is the unquestioned leader of the team. If the rule change does not pass our roster is currently too thin but Cox still has a little time to address it. Why would Fatts sit a year instead of going professional? That option does not make much sense to me. If Fatts is offered a nice guaranteed deal to play professionally for decent money then he should by all means consider that option. I love Fatts and really want to take my very quick and athletic but not tall nephew to see him play in person.
Cmon. Loaded is not the right word to describe this team next year. This team is not nearly as good as last years team. It looks crazy when we say stuff like that.
Going into 19-20 season we had two proven consistent solid starters, Jeff and Cyril, and four returning players that we hoped could make the leap to consistent starter level (Fatts, Tyrese, Jermaine and Dana) along with newcomers Walker, Toppin, Hammond Long and DJ who most expected to play small roles. Fatts and Tyrese made the leap to consistently good starter level players. Jermaine was a decent role player-easily the best of the role players. Dana and Greg left the program. Toppin, Long and Walker were role players. Long was perhaps the most consistent of the three but was very limited offensively. We basically had four solid consistent level starters and 4 role players and finished 21-9. I think what limited the team was that our role players especially Toppin and Long were so limited offensively. Toppin looked good on his dunks but the vast majority of them were uncontested. Harris had flashes where he looked good on the move in the paint but whatever injury he had midseason slowed his progress. Harris defensive play improved form his freshman season. Walker was a little inconsitent and out of sync with his teammeates sometimes but showed some nice flashes of court vision and hustle and had a decent shooting percentage while being an unselfish player . DJ redshirted.

Going into 20-21 we have Fatts who is a legitimate star player, Martin who I grade as a consistent starter talent, Sheppard who is likely to be a solid starter giving us three starter level backcourt players similar to last year (including Tyrese as backcourt). We have the Mitchell twins, Jermaine and Walker from amongst we hope to realize some strong play in the paint. I think with this group we have the potential to control the backboards and contest shots at the rim. I like Jermaine facing the basket on the offensive end of the court. I like the idea of Fatts feeding Mitchell underneath if he has good hands which I expect for a 4 star center we could be dangerous. We have three incoming freshman guards all with decent size from which to develop some depth in the backcourt. I love Jeff Dowtin but he was not the perfect fit next to Fatts especially with Tyrese being a bit of a ball stopper. I think the upcoming group of guards just might fit better together. DJ might play a little this year on the wing and shoud surely be deployed occasionally against the zone.

When I say loaded its in reference to talent and not as much for their performance to date. We also have a coaching staff that makes good in game adjustments. I'm also biased. If the coaching staff gets them to play tough defense (where Malik is a major addition) we should be very good and we should have more offensive firepower than Cox's first two squads. Tyrese and Jacob took a lot of three pointers and made a lousy percentage. I think we will have better shooters firing them up next year.
Give me some of that kool aid you are drinking. So to sum it up we have more offensive firepower than last year, the greats DJ redshirted, the Mitchell Twins will dominate and guards your have never seen play are a better fit?
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Yummy yummy koolaid
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Here we go again = Fatts looking for love.
C4154D9A-F883-4392-9FC6-4E5A8FFC1C50.jpeg
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
With the coming of college hoops free agency...I'm thinking the importance of continuity diminishes significantly...which is fine with me. Re-boot!
I think I would argue the opposite. While continuity might be harder to maintain given the fact every team may lose 3 players per year instead of the previous 2, teams who can maintain continuity will likely be at a bigger advantage, especially early in the season while teams as more transfers and 4-year recruits try to learn a system and how to play with each other. For many teams, taking advantage of OOC opportunities is the primary way of building a tournament caliber resume, so suffering any form of growing pains early in the season could kill the season before conference play even begins. 5-6+ bid conferences have a different situation, where teams (like PC last season) can limp through the OOC, but have enough quality opponents in conference that they can figure it out and build that resume up. Not every conference can offer that opportunity.
0 x
SlamRam
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by SlamRam »

Many teams outside of the high majors cannot take advantage of OOC opportunities......the deck is stacked against them....if they get a high major to agree to play it has to be on the high major's floor.....they never come to Hooterville to play....you can win some of these road games....but not the majority of them....

...the exception for Rhody would be the ability to play traditional rivals home and home year to year....providence, boston college, UConn come to mind...but I doubt they would want to....
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

SlamRam wrote: 4 years ago Many teams outside of the high majors cannot take advantage of OOC opportunities......the deck is stacked against them....if they get a high major to agree to play it has to be on the high major's floor.....they never come to Hooterville to play....you can win some of these road games....but not the majority of them....

...the exception for Rhody would be the ability to play traditional rivals home and home year to year....providence, boston college, UConn come to mind...but I doubt they would want to....
I doubt they really want to!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

SlamRam wrote: 4 years ago Many teams outside of the high majors cannot take advantage of OOC opportunities......the deck is stacked against them....if they get a high major to agree to play it has to be on the high major's floor
Yes, there is a lot of truth to this, but in the last several years, the A10 has largely underperformed as a whole in neutral site tournaments, a place where no one should have any advantage besides what fans travel with them. Team have either lost games against quality opponents or lost in early round games that has caused them to miss out on games against those quality opponents.

Here was the A10 resume last season in an OOC tournament setting:

1-25: 1-2
26-50: 0-5
51-100: 3-3
101-200: 8-4
200+: 5-1

Q1: 1-7
Q2: 3-3
Q1+Q2: 4-10
Q3: 8-4
Q4: 5-1
Bad Losses: 5

Or the year before:

1-25: 0-3
51-100: 4-5
101-200: 2-6
200+: 1-2

Q1: 0-8
Q2: 4-5
Q1+Q2: 4-13
Q3: 2-6
Q4: 1-2
Bad Losses: 8

Last Two Seasons OOC Tournaments:

Q1: 1-15
Q2: 7-8
Q1+Q2: 8-23
Q3: 10-10
Q4: 6-3
Bad Losses: 13

Cartels fault?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago
SlamRam wrote: 4 years ago Many teams outside of the high majors cannot take advantage of OOC opportunities......the deck is stacked against them....if they get a high major to agree to play it has to be on the high major's floor
Yes, there is a lot of truth to this, but in the last several years, the A10 has largely underperformed as a whole in neutral site tournaments, a place where no one should have any advantage besides what fans travel with them. Team have either lost games against quality opponents or lost in early round games that has caused them to miss out on games against those quality opponents.

Or the year before:

Cartels fault?
Come on, don't throw facts at us! :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Or the year before:

Cartels fault?
Is it fair for P5 Teams to never visit Mid Major Home Courts?
Is it fair for Mid Major Teams to have to go to P5 Home Courts if they want to play P5 teams?

Many years ago the NCAA encouraged P5 level teams to play toad games in OOC. But that was long ago. No more. Power, Greed and Money are what it’s all about

Now P5’s will be raiding Mid and Low Major Rosters at will. This Roster Raiding has been increasing every year but now the floodgates are opening.

Plus P5’s going to 20 Game Seasons

College Basketball is declining in interest. It’s about to decline even more.

Greed is ruining the game for Mid and Low Majors. A shame.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Or the year before:

Cartels fault?
Is it fair for Mid Major Teams to have to go to P5 Home Courts if they want to play P5 teams?

Many years ago the NCAA encouraged P5 level teams to play toad games in OOC. But that was long ago. No more. Power, Greed and Money are what it’s all about

Now P5’s will be raiding Mid and Low Major Rosters at will. This Roster Raiding has been increasing every year but now the floodgates are opening.

URI will either put up the money to compete or they won't. A split in NCAAB like fcs and fbs would kill basketball and the Ryan Center would only be filled when a good concert happens. I went to 1 URI football game in 30 years. If the divide happens for basketball, it would be the same.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I believe the split is inevitable. I wouldn't surprise me if Dayton and VCU jump to a P5. Although there are few options for schools without a capable football program.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I don't think it's fair to either group of teams, frankly. Here is PC's conference road games last season versus URI's:

PC/URI
12/4
18/70
20/73
25/123
31/165
45/174
66/241
67/245
94/260

So a school like PC (or insert pretty much any other P5 school) already has to go and face a grueling road schedule. Why do they need to be forced to play more road games when they are already facing many challenging road games?

Further, that still does not address the A10's poor performance on a neutral court. 1-15 in Q1 games in the last 2 seasons, there is no excuse for that. That has not aided in the situation, and are definitely lost opportunities.

But I also get your side of it, it definitely sucks to have to go on the road and play those tough OOC games, but I get their side of it, where their conference schedule, home and road, is far superior to anything the mid-major can put together.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I don't think it's fair to either group of teams, frankly. Here is PC's conference road games last season versus URI's:

PC/URI
12/4
18/70
20/73
25/123
31/165
45/174
66/241
67/245
94/260

Q. So a school like PC (or insert pretty much any other P5 school) already has to go and face a grueling road schedule. Why do they need to be forced to play more road games when they are already facing many challenging road games?
A. They don’t. No reason at all to play Mid Majors - not even on their own home court. In fact as P5’s go to 20 game seasons there are even fewer reasons to. Mid Majors will have fewer opportunities to play P5 Teams. Even URI getting to play a P5 Team on the road is getting dinasauric. Getting home-home with Nebraska and Alabama is less and less likely in the future. It’s a shame.

Q. Further, that still does not address the A10's poor performance on a neutral court. 1-15 in Q1 games in the last 2 seasons, there is no excuse for that. That has not aided in the situation, and are definitely lost opportunities.
A. True. And if you think that is bad it’s only going to get worse. P5’s are poaching players from Mid and Low Majors like never before. And P5 poaching is going to become much worse as the new BIG10 Developed (ACC endorsed) transfer rule gets approved. And it’s 1 transfer allowed with no sit out now, but later the P5’s could change that to 2 transfers with no penalty or even to unlimited with no penalty. P5’s will push for whatever benefits them.

Q. But I also get your side of it, it definitely sucks to have to go on the road and play those tough OOC games, but I get their side of it, where their conference schedule, home and road, is far superior to anything the mid-major can put together.
A. Agreed, it does suck. And as we get to where P5’s don’t even want to entertain Mid Majors at all then it’s why bother. Because the winner of the conference gets an auto bid? At large bids to mid majors are headed to the same future as the dodo bird. Ultimately I think it’s Two Divisions just like Football. Now P5’s saying they will not give visiting teams any money if no fans are allowed? Blasphemy. Mid Majors are being ostracized from the club. BE Teams will one day get poached of players too once Mid Majors are decimated. It’s only a matter of time. If you don’t have FCS Football look out. The next big TV Contacts are 2023-2024. Football Conference Realignments will likely take place then.
30B8B25C-4BC3-444D-B158-7E7240143C6D.jpeg
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Obvious nepotism hire Dan Gavitt has one job — keep the Cartel from leaving the NCAA.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Ramster,

As I've said before, mid-majors exhibit increasing volatility for scheduling. They'll be great one year and suck the next. Saint Joseph's made tournaments in 2014 and 2016, and in 2015 and 2017, their respective KenPom's were 161 and 184. URI made back-to-back tournaments, but their KenPom the last 2 years has been 142 and 65. Davidson, after each of their last two tournament appearances (2015 and 2018) had KenPom's of 106 and 85. After making the tournament in 2018, St. Bonaventure has had KenPom's of 121 and 123. Outside of VCU and Dayton, there has been no consistency among the top teams in the A10, and even those teams have seem some blips.

If you are a major conference team looking to schedule a home-and-home, or a solid OOC home game, how many of those teams can knowingly fill that hole? It's always, "We think" or "If things break right," but the A10 for the last few years has pretty much been a 2 bid league with a potential 3rd bid with an auto-theft. That doesn't scream "We need to play you."

Now you hear stories where mid-majors don't even want to play each other. What is that all about? My hunch is that teams keep reaching out to Gonzaga who plays a very national OOC schedule and Gonzaga has said "No thanks," but there is no confirmation on that.

Ramster, you keep talking about how the P5 and the transfer rule. I've read numerous articles about that, and in every article with quotes from a P5 coach, they say "We don't like this rule, we don't want this rule." Those who support the rule have only done so because they know if they don't, litigation and public support will rally around the players. The P5 does things wrong, but this transfer rule is not one of them.

Lastly, I think this thing about "buy" game money is strictly biased because of your hatred for the P5. If URI is not offering the same deal, they are STUPID. They are showing up to the building, turning on all the utilities, paying game day personnel, all while losing out on all of their gameday revenue (tickets, concessions, etc.) and then still paying the same buy game fee for a team to play on a glorified neutral court? That is what I would call bad business. URI would be taking huge losses on every buy game. That would destroy an athletic budget. 5 buy games between buy fees and building expenses would cost the program $300-400K, forget any lost revenue from advertisers who say "Why do we need to pay for advertising for a building with no fans when we are struggling ourselves."
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Then again, P5's aren't really risking that much if they play URI.

Why should they worry so much if they have 20 Q1 or Q2 games pretty much guaranteed?

They'll want to get ahead with scheduling a somewhat tough non-conference because in order for you to establish a strong conference you have to beat good teams in the non-conference.

URI, if we don't have our transfers ready next year will likely be a Q3. Low probability of losing to them. You do lose to them and you have 20 conference games to make up for it.

URI with transfers is no worse than a Q2 win or loss which doesn't really hurt you at all.

So, URI is a low risk game and in regards to the A-10, yes they're inconsistent, but if you just schedule cupcakes it will hurt your resume significantly and you'll have to win big in conference and on top of that you will be less prepared to play the big boys since you played nobody all November and December.

It just seems to be in P5's best interest to schedule strong mid majors for that reason.

Imagine if we replaced North Texas and WKU with St Francis and Hartford. Our numbers would have dropped significantly.

The Virginia Tech teams and Syracuse bubble teams of the past lost out on bids because they scheduled teams ranked in the 200's and 300's.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago but if you just schedule cupcakes it will hurt your resume significantly and you'll have to win big in conference and on top of that you will be less prepared to play the big boys since you played nobody all November and December.

It just seems to be in P5's best interest to schedule strong mid majors for that reason.

Imagine if we replaced North Texas and WKU with St Francis and Hartford. Our numbers would have dropped significantly.

The Virginia Tech teams and Syracuse bubble teams of the past lost out on bids because they scheduled teams ranked in the 200's and 300's.
That is a misrepresentation of the situation. Teams is challenging conferences don't need to stress about OOC SOS. Yes, they need to play good OOC opposition. They can often due that through conference challenges, OOC Tournaments, other neutral court events and rivalries. They can play 4-5 very good teams and have plenty of good opportunities in conference play to cash in. Of course, if you go .500 or worse in conference, and have a weak OOC, then you'll likely be on the outside looking in. I think almost any team in a Top 5 conference over .500 in conference play is pretty much an automatic for a bid unless they had several bad losses OOC that they may have to overcome, or play in an unbalanced conference where they might not have had maximum games against elite opposition.

You can't compare that to your situation. Yes, your numbers would likely drop after playing weaker opponents, but the long-term impact would be more significant because you wouldn't have had the high-caliber opponents during conference play to offset it. Of your at-large tournament potential opponents, you had 3 conference games against tournament potential teams, and 4-5 (if you include Alabama or not) OOC games against tournament potential teams. That's why every opportunity in OOC has become an important one, because the conference does not consistently offer Q1 and even Q2 opportunities.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Can this scheduling discussion be moved to a different thread? Every time I see a new post I think it’s about Fatts.
5 x
Slava Ukraini!
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

^^^^^^^
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

I do hope we will see Fatts on one of those "Next Up" posts soon...

If you look at the UConn Board, they are planning for his arrival already!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago Ramster, you keep talking about how the P5 and the transfer rule. I've read numerous articles about that, and in every article with quotes from a P5 coach, they say "We don't like this rule, we don't want this rule." Those who support the rule have only done so because they know if they don't, litigation and public support will rally around the players. The P5 does things wrong, but this transfer rule is not one of them.
RJ,
How can the P5’s be against it when The Big10 created the proposal? Then the Big10 Proposal was soon-after endorsed by the ACC?

This was not developed by the NCAA

By the way, I don’t hate the P5’s. I love College Football and I like the FCS
I like the AAC for Football and Basketball

It’s the Big East I hate. I always root against Big East teams. Just clarifying.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago Ramster, you keep talking about how the P5 and the transfer rule. I've read numerous articles about that, and in every article with quotes from a P5 coach, they say "We don't like this rule, we don't want this rule." Those who support the rule have only done so because they know if they don't, litigation and public support will rally around the players. The P5 does things wrong, but this transfer rule is not one of them.
RJ,
How can the P5’s be against it when The Big10 created the proposal? Then the Big10 Proposal was soon-after endorsed by the ACC?

This was not developed by the NCAA

By the way, I don’t hate the P5’s. I love College Football and I like the FCS
I like the AAC for Football and Basketball

It’s the Big East I hate. I always root against Big East teams. Just clarifying.
The proposal was created when it started to become clear that a failure to update the transfer rules and put it in line with with other D1 sports was going to lead to litigation. Aside from litigation, there was going to be mounting public pressure just as there was with the NIL and player stipend. The change needed to happen, the Big 10 was the one who proposed it. That’s why I don’t blame them for what’s going on with this rule. It was going to happen one way or another.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Sooo...if transfer rule is out the only question is whether he stays pro (which personally I always thought was the only question). 90% chance he is back with the team. A lot of quality players have transferred thinking it would be a no sit rule, more marginal pro players will go pro this year due to uncertainty of the college season, a few top freshmen skipping college - Fatts could have an all American level senior year if he comes back and improves even more on his game.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

For Fatts to have any chance of a great season, he will need more help from the rest of the team.

Way too thin. Any more losses for any reason, and little depth becomes zero.

Opponents are going to key on him no doubt.

Got to add a couple quality players.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago Sooo...if transfer rule is out the only question is whether he stays pro (which personally I always thought was the only question). 90% chance he is back with the team. A lot of quality players have transferred thinking it would be a no sit rule, more marginal pro players will go pro this year due to uncertainty of the college season, a few top freshmen skipping college - Fatts could have an all American level senior year if he comes back and improves even more on his game.
Like I've said, I think his most likely choice is Europe. His brother plays over there and Fatts can start earning a paycheck this year. Then again, who knows if there will be basketball overseas this winter.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago Sooo...if transfer rule is out the only question is whether he stays pro (which personally I always thought was the only question). 90% chance he is back with the team. A lot of quality players have transferred thinking it would be a no sit rule, more marginal pro players will go pro this year due to uncertainty of the college season, a few top freshmen skipping college - Fatts could have an all American level senior year if he comes back and improves even more on his game.
Like I've said, I think his most likely choice is Europe. His brother plays over there and Fatts can start earning a paycheck this year. Then again, who knows if there will be basketball overseas this winter.
I agree with Europe. He isn’t getting drafted in the NBA, but can go start earning a paycheck overseas immediately. I don’t think this current URI team for next year excites him enough to stay. I would be very surprised if he is here next year. When I start looking at next years team I never factor him into the mix
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Could be a top player in a elite Euro league. Lotsa dough to be made.

Why not?
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yes, his brother plays in Germany.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
So what exactly does this mean? And what impact will it have on Fatts' decision to return for one more season?
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
So what exactly does this mean? And what impact will it have on Fatts' decision to return for one more season?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

It means more basketball themed thirst trap posts on IG....
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

There is really no difference because even as the country begins to re-open, it's unlikely that 1) college campuses are going to be open for teams 2) that NBA trainers/execs are working out prospects, even in a one-on-one setting. The only adverse situation to URI would have been if the team was able to get together on campus and Fatts was busy traveling the country for team workouts, but I can't see either of those two events occurring. The players getting on campus is actually probably more likely than NBA team workouts.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

My wife is a professor at Boston University and while BU hasn't made a decision for the fall as of yet, she was told to be prepared for the possibility of either remote teaching or having some combination, where she might be in a classroom, but some of her students would be learning remotely. These are crazy times we are living in.

As I said to someone last week, "I never expected to be living in a bad science fiction apocalypse movie, but here we are."
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago My wife is a professor at Boston University and while BU hasn't made a decision for the fall as of yet, she was told to be prepared for the possibility of either remote teaching or having some combination, where she might be in a classroom, but some of her students would be learning remotely. These are crazy times we are living in.

As I said to someone last week, "I never expected to be living in a bad science fiction apocalypse movie, but here we are."
Aside from the classroom, the other question is where do all of these students live? Are they all jammed into dorms, frats and sororities?
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago Could be a top player in a elite Euro league. Lotsa dough to be made.

Why not?
What is the range that can be made playing overseas? Most of the data available is at least 5 years old.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago My wife is a professor at Boston University and while BU hasn't made a decision for the fall as of yet, she was told to be prepared for the possibility of either remote teaching or having some combination, where she might be in a classroom, but some of her students would be learning remotely. These are crazy times we are living in.

See: The Last Ship
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago Could be a top player in a elite Euro league. Lotsa dough to be made.

Why not?
What is the range that can be made playing overseas? Most of the data available is at least 5 years old.
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/top-lists/ ... -salaries/

I read somewhere recently Shane Larkin made $1.5m
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Of course it is fair, especially when it the schools, like BC or Cuse or Pitt, are in a 20 game ACC. That schedule is loaded with tough games. Places like URI should be dying to add 5=7 away high major games every year so their cumulative SOS gets close to those guys. Rhody was in a position this past season of getting to the end of the season with just a handful of nice wins. Alabama, PC, VCU (A), North Texas (N). You just have to have more shots at signature wins when you play the A10 schedule. Lose to Dayton twice and you're dead. I will never understand the hesitation to play more of those games. Everyone wants to be the Gonzaga of the East. You know what they did? Played anyone, anywhere. Because they knew the WCC provided little opportunity to show off. Gonzaga wouldn't be what they are today if they didn't do that. I went back to 2002, Mark Few was the coach. The first year kenpom has records. They played 7 top 100 teams in the OOC. Not a single one at home. Including #8, 11, 27. The next year. Same type thing. Played #1 Kentucky on the road and they didn't come to Gonzaga the next year. I absolutely hate the scheduling at URI. Think big.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

See: The Last Ship
Yup....I watched it. That and The Strain. Both very good.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

GBG, I'm sure Cox has tried to schedule more P5's, but just can't get them.

The one time that Thorr shot down games against Va Tech was a mistake, I'll give you that.

In the future, if URI wants to play P5's, they will have to do what Chaney did...play them on the road, with no return home game.

Home and homes won't happen....even 2 for 1's will be few and far between.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago GBG, I'm sure Cox has tried to schedule more P5's, but just can't get them.

The one time that Thorr shot down games against Va Tech was a mistake, I'll give you that.

In the future, if URI wants to play P5's, they will have to do what Chaney did...play them on the road, with no return home game.

I disagree with Va Tech. 2 for 1 with the one not at home is BS.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I didn't like it either 123, but nowadays you take what you can get....still that's 3 games against a P5 program.

Just have to win them! Q1 opportunities!

What else we got?
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago GBG, I'm sure Cox has tried to schedule more P5's, but just can't get them.

You are probably right. Can't comment with any credibility about the scheduling efforts. But there is definitely a vibe on this board that URI deserves home and homes. That's just not how it works and certainly won't as all these conferences go to 20 games. Be willing to fly anywhere. By the way, get paid for it, too.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago

You are probably right. Can't comment with any credibility about the scheduling efforts. But there is definitely a vibe on this board that URI deserves home and homes. That's just not how it works and certainly won't as all these conferences go to 20 games. Be willing to fly anywhere. By the way, get paid for it, too.
I can't comment on the yahoos on this board but I would think the Maryland game last year proves that Cox sides with your viewpoint, right? I'm willing to believe that bone is right that Cox is trying but can't get any takers.
0 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Why not Yale ?................they have consistently been a top 100 team. When we played them in New Haven, we brought a good crowd.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Gonebarongone wrote: 4 years ago

It wouldn’t surprise me if Nebraska and Alabama were the last P5 Teams we ever see in the Ryan Center. The 20 game conference schedules have put a nail in that coffin.
My guess is that only 5 home games vs P5’s have ever taken place in the Ryan Center and 2 of those were in the opening season in 2002.

Alabama 12/6/2017 away, 11/15/2019 home
Nebraska 11/20/2011 away, 11/22/2014 home, 12/13/2015 away
Utah 12/9/2006 home
Pittsburgh 12/15/2001 away, 12/21/2002 home
Southern California 12/4/2001 away, 11/26/2002 home
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Y’all pleaz stop bumpin the Fatts thread with crap that has nuthin to do w Fatts!!!!

Thanx
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Here’s a Fatts related post:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FATTS!!!
3 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago Y’all pleaz stop bumpin the Fatts thread with crap that has nuthin to do w Fatts!!!!

Thanx
Bump
0 x