Jacob Toppin Transferring....

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Jacob Toppin Transferring....

Unread post by ramster »

Article talks of Toppin’s potential at Kentucky. Some nice videos.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/4/19/21 ... ode-island
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I could care less. He is now dead to me.
6 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Article talks of Toppin’s potential at Kentucky. Some nice videos.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/4/19/21 ... ode-island
I agree with what they said...Toppin has tons of upside. He's going to improve practicing against guys that play at Kentucky.

Right now he's not good enough to be apart of their rotation but in time he could be a solid bench player for them.

I still think it's crazy you said Toppin will start for Kentucky... Maybe i'm wrong.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago I could care less. He is now dead to me.
Yeah kinda meh 😑
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Dead to me too...good bye Toppins, have a nice life.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Agree. Who cares what he does now
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
656 posts, 14 pages - just since Toppin announced leaving. I never understood people caring so much when Christion Thompson left.
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Toppin is a delusional kid that is totally dead to me. I hope he never gets off the bench.
1 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
656 posts, 14 pages - just since Toppin announced leaving. I never understood people caring so much when Christion Thompson left.
That's because Thompson stunk.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Mongo wrote: 4 years ago Toppin is a delusional kid that is totally dead to me. I hope he never gets off the bench.
Eh...he seemed like a good dude. Without personally 'knowing' any of the players, he "looked like" he had the best attitude on the team by far...I know, I know...means nothing.

Easy to root for, but I won't be going out of my way to check up on him or anything...unless I can get him to autograph my sign... :lol:
1 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

The whole Toppin family is an exercise in frustration and missed opportunities. First DH passes
on Obi because he wants immediate help in Preston that never bore fruit and Obi goes on to lead
Dayton to the promised land(ALMOST). Then Jacob comes here and has a reasonably successful freshman
year , teases us with his potential and up and leaves us for Kentucky.
If i never hear the Toppin name again it will be too soon.
HE IS ABSOLUTELY DEAD TO ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT HE DOES AT FREAKIN KENTUCKY. I HOPE
HE SITS ON THE BENCH AND PULLS SPLINTERS OUT OF HIS BUTT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS AS HE
IS RECRUITED OVER,, AGAIN AND AGAIN. I WISH WE WOULD DELETE THIS DAMN THREAD AND
BE DONE WITH IT. HE IS GONE AND HE LEFT US IN A BAD SITUATION IF THE TRANSFER RULE
DOESN'T PASS. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......next time I wanna check in on Jacob will hopefully be in the Former Player topic.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
damram
Kenny Green

Unread post by damram »

Jacob who? I don't know anybody named Jacob.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago The whole Toppin family is an exercise in frustration and missed opportunities. First DH passes
on Obi because he wants immediate help in Preston that never bore fruit and Obi goes on to lead
Dayton to the promised land(ALMOST). Then Jacob comes here and has a reasonably successful freshman
HE IS ABSOLUTELY DEAD TO ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT HE DOES AT FREAKIN KENTUCKY. I HOPE
HE SITS ON THE BENCH AND PULLS SPLINTERS OUT OF HIS BUTT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS AS HE
IS RECRUITED OVER,, AGAIN AND AGAIN. I WISH WE WOULD DELETE THIS DAMN THREAD AND
BE DONE WITH IT. HE IS GONE AND HE LEFT US IN A BAD SITUATION IF THE TRANSFER RULE
Did Toppin piss in your cereal this moring? Jesus.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago The whole Toppin family is an exercise in frustration and missed opportunities. First DH passes
Did Toppin piss in your cereal this moring? Jesus.
I can’t remember many, if any, complaints about Toppin all season. Now so many posters have a huge dislike for him.

Next time Cox should give a Kentucky Level Player more minutes per game. You could see the dissatisfaction building while watching the URI bench body language and interaction the last 3 weeks of the season.

I wish Toppin the best. Hope to see the Jacob and Obi in the NBA one day.
1 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

All you posters acting like babies over Toppin leaving are emBARONsing.

Of course we're all bummed he left, no need to act like a bunch of jilted lovers.
3 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

My dislike of him is that HE LEFT us in a real bind. If the transfer rule doesn't go into effect we
are screwed in the front line. I was a big fan of his and was counting on him to become a
core player on the front line. Once Tyrese left he was even more important. Then he's
gone. He was in line for major minutes next year and a key piece of the front court.
On top of that every time I sign into to this board there is another post praising his
potential, etc. We all knew he had potential . Its like having salt rubbed into an open
wound. So spare me the no hard feelings. Am I a jilted lover. Yep, As an alumni I love Rhody
and he screwed over our basketball program and everyone who supports it. So do me
a favor, if you all feel the need to abuse yourself by searching the internet for the
next bit of click bait that canonizes J. Toppin keep it to yourself because I for one
don't need to keep hearing about what we lost.
4 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Toppins going to do what’s best for him and his family he doesn’t care about leaving URI in a bind
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago My dislike of him is that HE LEFT us in a real bind. If the transfer rule doesn't go into effect we
are screwed in the front line. I was a big fan of his and was counting on him to become a
core player on the front line. Once Tyrese left he was even more important. Then he's
gone. He was in line for major minutes next year and a key piece of the front court.
On top of that every time I sign into to this board there is another post praising his
potential, etc. We all knew he had potential . Its like having salt rubbed into an open
wound. So spare me the no hard feelings. Am I a jilted lover. Yep, As an alumni I love Rhody
and he screwed over our basketball program and everyone who supports it. So do me
a favor, if you all feel the need to abuse yourself by searching the internet for the
next bit of click bait that canonizes J. Toppin keep it to yourself because I for one
don't need to keep hearing about what we lost.
While I agree with most of this post, Toppin isn't coming on this board to post stuff. Others are. Your beef is with other posters in that respect.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

A Tribune story carried in Thursday's Projo discusses UK recruits and other big-men on the roster. Toppin's name never appears. This kid made a big mistake, not necessarily on leaving URI, but in going to UK.
1 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago A Tribune story carried in Thursday's Projo discusses UK recruits and other big-men on the roster. Toppin's name never appears. This kid made a big mistake, not necessarily on leaving URI, but in going to UK.
Kids who average 4-5 points and play less than 20 minutes a game get drafted or at least NBA looks.

If that’s all it takes, can’t blame the kid for going to one of the best basketball program in America.
0 x
Go Rhody
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Oh, that's how it is, my little dalin'
I know you're walkin' down a lonesome road
And your heart is carryin' a heavy load
I know you feel like you ain't got a friend (ain't got a friend)
Oh, and your whole world is cavin' in (whole world cavin' in)
Oh, but now's the time to be strong (to be strong)
You gotta forget him now that he's gone (now that he's gone)
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago Oh, that's how it is, my little dalin'
I know you're walkin' down a lonesome road
And your heart is carryin' a heavy load
I know you feel like you ain't got a friend (ain't got a friend)
Oh, and your whole world is cavin' in (whole world cavin' in)
Oh, but now's the time to be strong (to be strong)
You gotta forget him now that he's gone (now that he's gone)
Grateful Dead?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Marvin Gaye
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Saw this on CBSSports. That's gotta sting.

College basketball transfers: 10 programs that would benefit from NCAA passing immediate eligibility rule:

5. Kentucky
Player transferring in: Olivier Sarr

It might seem strange to suggest that a program fresh off signing a six-man recruiting class ranked No. 1 in the country desperately needs anything. But if Kentucky is going to dominate the SEC like it did this past season and live up to its reputation, getting Wake Forest transfer Olivier Sarr eligible immediately would be a tremendous help. The 7-footer averaged 13.7 points and 9 rebounds per game as a junior and would bring a veteran presence to a team that will be young even by Kentucky's standards.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Ha..
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Why is this thread still alive....
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago Saw this on CBSSports. That's gotta sting.

College basketball transfers: 10 programs that would benefit from NCAA passing immediate eligibility rule:

5. Kentucky

It might seem strange to suggest that a program fresh off signing a six-man recruiting class ranked No. 1 in the country desperately needs anything. But if Kentucky is going to dominate the SEC like it did this past season and live up to its reputation, getting Wake Forest transfer Olivier Sarr eligible immediately would be a tremendous help. The 7-footer averaged 13.7 points and 9 rebounds per game as a junior and would bring a veteran presence to a team that will be young even by Kentucky's standards.

Are you thinking he takes minutes from Jacob? He is a 7’ center.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Why is this thread still alive....
Because one of our most promising players transferred to a Top 2 program in America and it'll be interesting to track his progression over the next few years being on a team in the weekly national spotlight from October - March.
3 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

5. Kentucky

No Ramster, I was just pointing out he was not even noted in the transfer discussion.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago

5. Kentucky

No Ramster, I was just pointing out he was not even noted in the transfer discussion.
Ok thanks.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

He came, he saw, he left. I'm not ready to place blame for it not working out at URI totally on Jacob. I have problems with the direction of the program myself. As I said. he came, he saw, he left.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

I thought we moved on from Toppin talk. I have to think most of us are not interested. That goes for Hurley/Uconn talk as well. This is Keaney Blue. Go Rhody!
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I'd suggest Mods move this to the Recruiting Corner or Set Up a Separate Section for Transfers in The Recruitment Corner
No need to lock any threads. If not interested just ignore it.

I don't frequent C-19 Quarantine Eatin' in the Down The Line Section of The Ram's Den but I respect that some posters like that thread. I like having the Toppin thread to follow his career

No need to have this subject in section Rhode Island Men's Basketball under NCAAs or Bust!
2 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Because of how desperate his bolting leaves our front court if the transfer
rule doesn't pass , every bump of this thread into my line of vision
pisses me off ever more. For the sake of pure schadenfreude
I hope he is continually recruited over and never sees the light
of day and spends the rest of his college career nailed to the
Kentucky bench. To me ,he is the epitome of GenZ /AAU Culture and I hope '
he ends up regretting his move, FOREVER!! And yes I am being
PETTY but I don't care!! Rhody Blue Forever!!
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago Because of how desperate his bolting leaves our front court if the transfer
rule doesn't pass , every bump of this thread into my line of vision
pisses me off ever more. For the sake of pure schadenfreude
I hope he is continually recruited over and never sees the light
of day and spends the rest of his college career nailed to the
Kentucky bench. To me ,he is the epitome of GenZ /AAU Culture and I hope '
he ends up regretting his move, FOREVER!! And yes I am being
PETTY but I don't care!! Rhody Blue Forever!!
lol I wish I could wish this! I mean I have some of the same emotions around Toppin's transfer, but he is a kid with plenty of time to make as many bad decisions as we all have. Live and learn, some do.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

lol I wish I could wish this! I mean I have some of the same emotions around Toppin's transfer, but he is a kid with plenty of time to make as many bad decisions as we all have. Live and learn, some do.

No worries . I will wish it enough for both of us!!!!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 years ago I'd suggest Mods move this to the Recruiting Corner or Set Up a Separate Section for Transfers in The Recruitment Corner
No need to lock any threads. If not interested just ignore it.

I don't frequent C-19 Quarantine Eatin' in the Down The Line Section of The Ram's Den but I respect that some posters like that thread. I like having the Toppin thread to follow his career

No need to have this subject in section Rhode Island Men's Basketball under NCAAs or Bust!
Based on the New Transfer rules, we might need a whole separate Section just for transfers.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......move it to Former Players etc.....Jacob who?.......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......move it to Former Players etc.....Jacob who?.......
I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this, but I HATE when a player transfers or leaves and some here act all high and mighty pretending we don't know who the player is anymore, he's irrelevant, should never be spoken about again, is "dead to me" etc, etc.

Naheem McLeod, a player who was never even committed here two years ago when he chose FSU, has a thread that was written in as recently in last month.

Toppin is now on one of the best programs in America, yet some people on this board want to act like they're above posting about said player and pretend like the kid won't and shouldn't ever be talked about again here.
2 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

bump
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I don't frequent C-19 Quarantine Eatin' in the Down The Line Section of The Ram's Den but I respect that some posters like that thread.
You really need to check it out...if for no other reason than to check out theblueram's Shrimp recipe...I whipped it up with chicken and it was awesome...
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
I don't frequent C-19 Quarantine Eatin' in the Down The Line Section of The Ram's Den but I respect that some posters like that thread.
You really need to check it out...if for no other reason than to check out theblueram's Shrimp recipe...I whipped it up with chicken and it was awesome...
Ok, I’ll check it :D :D
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

If, as some say, our players and prospects check out this site, what kind of message does an irrelevant yet needlessly negative post like this send? It's bad juju. I vote to move it or delete it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I vote that if a player sees this and gets the sads, we collectively say "suck it up, buttercup."
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago If, as some say, our players and prospects check out this site, what kind of message does an irrelevant yet needlessly negative post like this send? It's bad juju. I vote to move it or delete it.
I think that would be unwise. I mean, I remember all the negative threads about Iverson, Hass, EC, Terrell, Stan, Garrett etc. Oh wait, there were none. The player left, transferred. It's open season.
2 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago If, as some say, our players and prospects check out this site, what kind of message does an irrelevant yet needlessly negative post like this send? It's bad juju. I vote to move it or delete it.
I think that would be unwise. I mean, I remember all the negative threads about Iverson, Hass, EC, Terrell, Stan, Garrett etc. Oh wait, there were none. The player left, transferred. It's open season.
I see your point, but with the new rule there's going to be a CRAPLOAD of our roster transferring in and transferring out. It is going to get really tiring reading non-stop negative comments about like half the players coming through here as invariably guys shuttle in and out year to year.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

I have an Ideal as well. Once someone transfers out delete every trace that they ever existed.
They are gone, they are not going to help us any more and they are not walking back through
the locker room door again. F@#$ them. Forget the woulda, shoulda couldas
and move the F@#$ ON. If your some a sentimental sort or some masochist
who needs to opine on what might have been, do it on your time and keep the self torment
to yourself. That will solve all of the "negative posting" issues for guys who transfer out
because there wont be any posts to offend anybody.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 3 years ago I have an Ideal as well. Once someone transfers out delete every trace that they ever existed.
They are gone, they are not going to help us any more and they are not walking back through
who needs to opine on what might have been, do it on your time and keep the self torment
to yourself. That will solve all of the "negative posting" issues for guys who transfer out
Your idea has some merit.....especially with all of the other crap that's going on now.

It's just more things to complain about.....and I really don't want to hear about someone who used to be here doing well somewhere else.

I'm going to refrain from reading and posting on transferred players thread's from now on.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 3 years ago
CHICO 78 wrote: 3 years ago I have an Ideal as well. Once someone transfers out delete every trace that they ever existed.
Your idea has some merit.....especially with all of the other crap that's going on now.

It's just more things to complain about.....and I really don't want to hear about someone who used to be here doing well somewhere else.

I'm going to refrain from reading and posting on transferred players thread's from now on.
Threads die when people stop posting

No need for censoring, locking, deleting.

Just ignore the threads you don’t like
2 x