General Recruiting Discussion/Comments 2022 and before

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rhodyblue12
ARD

Re: General Recruiting Discussion/Comments

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Jonah Antonio is only a 31% three point shooter - not exactly an upgrade ....
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rhodyblue12 wrote: 4 years ago Jonah Antonio is only a 31% three point shooter - not exactly an upgrade ....
So you're saying he'll fit right in.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

With the uncertainty about the transfer sit out rule the NCAA should invoke a ruling that any player putting his name in the Transfer Protocol after April 30th or May 15 will have to sit out a year regardless of what is decided presumably sometime in late May. If the no sit out rule is put in place for the 2021-22 season there still should be a drop dead date as part of the new requirements. With teams and coaches facing the possibility of losing a player in the summer just is not right. There should be a time when one can assume the roster will be stable for the upcoming season.
1 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago With the uncertainty about the transfer sit out rule the NCAA should invoke a ruling that any player putting his name in the Transfer Protocol after April 30th or May 15 will have to sit out a year regardless of what is decided presumably sometime in late May. If the no sit out rule is put in place for the 2021-22 season there still should be a drop dead date as part of the new requirements. With teams and coaches facing the possibility of losing a player in the summer just is not right. There should be a time when one can assume the roster will be stable for the upcoming season.
My thoughts exactly.
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

Also a player should not be able to transfer to another school and play in the same season/semester.
They should have to wait until at least the next semester to play for their new school.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago With the uncertainty about the transfer sit out rule the NCAA should invoke a ruling that any player putting his name in the Transfer Protocol after April 30th or May 15 will have to sit out a year regardless of what is decided presumably sometime in late May. If the no sit out rule is put in place for the 2021-22 season there still should be a drop dead date as part of the new requirements. With teams and coaches facing the possibility of losing a player in the summer just is not right. There should be a time when one can assume the roster will be stable for the upcoming season.
I had also mentioned this previously in another thread. Any rule change to negate the sit out period needs to have a cut off date. You will need to enter the portal by X date in order to play the next season. I had suggested mid May as most schools graduate around then, but anything that makes sense and will give the current team a chance to pivot and recruit a replacement. Imagine the chaos if there was no cutoff date? You could transfer in August and play for the next team in a few months.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I’m thinking if we’re not tampering we’re not trying.
8 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

I'd think we need to add at least one more player that we know for certain will be eligible to play next season.
0 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Do we even have 5 starters if the transfer rule doesn’t go into effect? Half joking but not looking forward to the start of our season if it doesn’t happen.

I’m totally against the transfer change but now find myself hoping for it happen and praying for Fatts to stay and finish his career with us. What are all of your thoughts right now for Fatts? Limitless potential his senior year or a limited Rhody roster?
2 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

TrevlontRook3 wrote: 4 years ago Do we even have 5 starters if the transfer rule doesn’t go into effect? Half joking but not looking forward to the start of our season if it doesn’t happen.

I’m totally against the transfer change but now find myself hoping for it happen and praying for Fatts to stay and finish his career with us. What are all of your thoughts right now for Fatts? Limitless potential his senior year or a limited Rhody roster?
I think Fatts will be back. Based upon zero inside information.
4 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Zero information and shoot from the hip guesswork is my speed too.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Fatts IG has been Rhody heavy lately doesn’t necessarily mean anything

He’s in a tough spot IMO kinda hoops limbo...

Like the rest of us actually.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Getting it done at Bryant...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

For those who didn’t listen to tonight’s chat, Cox said he would like to keep the 13th scholarship open in case of mid season opportunities. And he pretty much confirmed he’s looking for a wing player for the 12th.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago For those who didn’t listen to tonight’s chat, Cox said he would like to keep the 13th scholarship open in case of mid season opportunities. And he pretty much confirmed he’s looking for a wing player for the 12th.
Wow. He must feel the transfer rule change is going to pass. If that rule doesn’t pass for the upcoming season, URI will only have two eligible players to play the C and PF position. Not to mention both players are foul prone.

If the rule doesn’t pass, he has to use the 13th scholarship on an eligible big man.

I can see the focus on a wing player if the rule passes since he lost Martin and Toppin.
I can’t see the 12th scholarship being used on a sit out transfer at this time. He can’t afford the risk of 4 sit out players out of 12.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago For those who didn’t listen to tonight’s chat, Cox said he would like to keep the 13th scholarship open in case of mid season opportunities. And he pretty much confirmed he’s looking for a wing player for the 12th.
Wow. He must feel the transfer rule change is going to pass. If that rule doesn’t pass for the upcoming season, URI will only have two eligible players to play the C and PF position. Not to mention both players are foul prone.

If the rule doesn’t pass, he has to use the 13th scholarship on an eligible big man.

I can see the focus on a wing player if the rule passes since he lost Martin and Toppin.
I can’t see the 12th scholarship being used on a sit out transfer at this time. He can’t afford the risk of 4 sit out players out of 12.
Cox said tonight they are after a wing to take the place of the wing players they lost to transfer. That is his focus. Eligible for next season.
0 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Makes sense. You have a good collection of young and veteran guards along with some Soph/Jr big men. Would be nice to add a big wing who can shoot.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

He seemed pretty psyched about both DJ and Shepherd.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote: 4 years ago

Grad Transfers: Evan Cole, Quan Jackson, Devin Gage
Sit-out Transfers: David DeJulius, Isaiah Wilkins
Grad Transfers: Evan Cole, Quan Jackson, Devin Gage
Sit-out Transfers: David DeJulius, Isaiah Wilkins, Brendan Medley-Bacon
Grad Transfers: Evan Cole, Quan Jackson, Devin Gage, Jonah Antonio
Sit-out Transfers: David DeJulius, Isaiah Wilkins, Brendan Medley-Bacon, Jose Perez, Anthony Nelson
Grad Transfers: Evan Cole, Quan Jackson, Devin Gage, Jonah Antonio, Ray Salnave
Sit-out Transfers: David DeJulius, Isaiah Wilkins, Brendan Medley-Bacon, Jose Perez, Anthony Nelson, Joe Pridgen
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

In the mix (at least early) with G Cam Mack from Nebraska
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bufkin another lefty
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I'm sure the staff is involved with more players than we know about.

Looks like the flood of transfers has slowed down....waiting for the transfer rule to be voted on.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

If the reports are true, too bad Mack has a spotty behavioral history, 6.4 assists per game is a serious number. I'd still say roll the dice and try to be a positive force in his life and hope he's a positive force on the court and with the team in return. Perhaps the reports are exaggerated or perhaps Mack has been maturing. And if he came here and acted a fool, he wouldn't last long, it doesn't seem like Cox and co are ones to suffer that type of non-sense. Could be win-win.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago If the reports are true, too bad Mack has a spotty behavioral history, 6.4 assists per game is a serious number. I'd still say roll the dice and try to be a positive force in his life and hope he's a positive force on the court and with the team in return. Perhaps the reports are exaggerated or perhaps Mack has been maturing. And if he came here and acted a fool, he wouldn't last long, it doesn't seem like Cox and co are ones to suffer that type of non-sense. Could be win-win.
Yup, schools like us have to take chances on talent like this even if there are some red flags.
0 x
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Does anyone see the “Hidden Content for Members Only” under Rhody15’s post?
0 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Does anyone see the “Hidden Content for Members Only” under Rhody15’s post?
Yes. It's either a bug/error or it's content from his Jermaine Harris Fanclub site and we're just not able to see it.
6 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

It seems that in this environment you should always keep a scholarship open. Yet, at the same time it seems like you are only moments away from one being open that you didn't plan for. Non-P5 coaching jobs have gotten much more difficult to maintain success with such turnover. At the P-5 programs they are turning over the mid-bottom of their rosters (for the most part) and we are turning over the top-bottom of ours...
Last edited by RIFan 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Does anyone see the “Hidden Content for Members Only” under Rhody15’s post?

Yea I'm confused about that too, no idea what it is.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
Yes. It's either a bug/error or it's content from his Jermaine Harris Fanclub site and we're just not able to see it.
I haven't talked about the kid for weeks! Like I said, no more from me on him I've said more than enough already!
2 x
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

The 5th icon from the right is a little picture of a "lock" like a "master lock" (when you are typing something in the editor)

You accidentally hit that button. There is a {hidden}{/hidden} thing at the beginning of your post, if you type something in between those bookmarks you could hide some text from non members, but you don't have any text between them, so nothing is hidden.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

I logged in just to see the "hidden content" with an eyebrow raised, never knew that was a thing.

it did change from a puce color to a pleasant shade of green, membership has it's privileges.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Hidden Content
5 x
Go Rhody!!!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
I haven't talked about the kid for weeks! Like I said, no more from me on him I've said more than enough already!
It's a joke, man. Everybody is wound up tight, my goodness!
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
Hidden Content
:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Maybe you should have to be signed in the view the F bombs....
💣
😁
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Does that mean that S firecrackers can be included?
0 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

hate to sound like a broken record, but cox is killing it. I really like this guy - good numbers
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago

hate to sound like a broken record, but cox is killing it. I really like this guy - good numbers
From Philly, maybe a friend of Fatts?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Its hard to keep on with players we're involved with now. Something has to click.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody19/21
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Rhody19/21 »

So what's up with their IG post?
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Are we in a dead period for recruiting now? Everything just seemed to stop all at once.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's not looking good for the 3 transfers to play this fall or whenever.

I hope Cox isn't forced to take undue chances bringing in a couple players just to fill the roster.

We've seen how that's worked out lately. It seems like anytime it's a gamble, it fails.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Yes, I do agree. We have 6 players. 7 should Fatts return. Most of the guys we are looking at are transfers, I would just be very selective in taking one or two of them, with the expectation that they probably aren't going to be eligible to play until the following season.

In the meantime, you are probably looking at adding one grad student transfer, which will only be here for one season. I would probably take the Aussie kid now that Wood is out.
0 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

If the rule doesn’t pass we are in desperate need of a PF/C who can play right away. But I am sure it’s really tough to convince another big to come here right now, grad transfer or freshman, with the twins ready to take playing time year 1 if the rule passes or year 2 if the rule doesn’t pass.

NCAA needs to get rid of the uncertainty and make a decision. But of course we know they do nothing quickly.
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

Not sure if we have any interest in under the radar JUCO PF Tim Holland (6' 8'"/220), he put in good stats at Palm Beach State (16 pt/9 reb). Maybe a good back-up plan if the twins aren't eligible this season. His recruitment still seems to be wide open.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jersey77 wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if we have any interest in under the radar JUCO PF Tim Holland (6' 8'"/220), he put in good stats at Palm Beach State (16 pt/9 reb). Maybe a good back-up plan if the twins aren't eligible this season. His recruitment still seems to be wide open.
Same school as Jonathon Holton who had a nice career at West Virginia
0 x
Jersey77
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Jersey77 »

He actually averaged 11 boards per game, this past year
0 x