URI Men's Basketball Program

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: URI Men's Basketball Program

Unread post by Running Ram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago

Thanks for thinking of me. Made my day. smh
ramster, I don't understand.

What did I say here that made you shake your head?

If folks gang up on you unfairly I'll get your back too.

Also I felt like pointing out that bone's nickname is not new.
and of course the whole post was meant to be lighthearted.
lol ramster, I was referring to rambone as rammy, saying his nickname doombone needs to be reserved for when he's being particularly gloomy.

maybe you meant it as a joke? as in "hey! rammy is my nickname." Idk I'm still confused
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just wish we could also get a side by side tracking with the flu to compare.
Saw this data today blueram...for context, 30-60K die in typical flu season over the entire season. Covid has totaled 45,000 deaths in 1 month, with 90-95% of the country practicing isolation/stay-at-home orders for 30+ days. Not a big leap to see the threat here. Here's another one, in the worst week of the 2017-18 flu season (a particularly bad one) New York saw 445 deaths from flu/pneumonia and 3,500 from all other causes. Last week 4,700 people died in NY just from Covid-19. More than double the total deaths from all other causes and 10 times worse than a really bad week of flu related deaths.
I also found this graphic to help differentiate covid from the flu.
RhodyKyle,

Excellent grid.

Incubation period is much different between the Flu and Covid.

Do you know the difference in length of time a person is contagious? That is not in the grid but my guess is Flu 5 Days, Covid 14 days on average?

You could incubate 12 days and no Covid test would show you have it, right?

But then the average person has Covid in a contagious state AFTER Incubation for what, 14 days average contagious for Covid and 5 days average contagious for Flu?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster, I don't understand.

What did I say here that made you shake your head?

If folks gang up on you unfairly I'll get your back too.

Also I felt like pointing out that bone's nickname is not new.
and of course the whole post was meant to be lighthearted.
lol ramster, I was referring to rambone as rammy, saying his nickname doombone needs to be reserved for when he's being particularly gloomy.

maybe you meant it as a joke? as in "hey! rammy is my nickname." Idk I'm still confused
Confusion solved. I thought you were pulling me in. Sometimes people call me rammy, hampster and much worse :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Cool cool all good rammy ramster :D

If I owned a hampster,
I'd name him or her rammy ramster,
so I could say
meet "rammy ramster my hampster"

Wow, I'm just losin it lol
this shelter in place stuff is tampering with my fragile mind :lol:
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago Ironically, I am one of the moderators for my town Facebook page, and you actually can see these people's real names and faces and they are way by far more brutal there than they ever are her on KB! We had to block a sociopathic woman last night. Times are unreal!
Screengrabs please! :mrgreen: (And krazy wimmen are way more scarier than the menfolk.)
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago I just wish we could also get a side by side tracking with the flu to compare.
Saw this data today blueram...for context, 30-60K die in typical flu season over the entire season. Covid has totaled 45,000 deaths in 1 month, with 90-95% of the country practicing isolation/stay-at-home orders for 30+ days. Not a big leap to see the threat here. Here's another one, in the worst week of the 2017-18 flu season (a particularly bad one) New York saw 445 deaths from flu/pneumonia and 3,500 from all other causes. Last week 4,700 people died in NY just from Covid-19. More than double the total deaths from all other causes and 10 times worse than a really bad week of flu related deaths.
Thanks for the graphic. It really helps to confirm how pernicious this virus is.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

The only issue with that data set is the fatality rate for Covid-19 vs Flu. No one really knows, bc no one really knows how many people truly have it now or had it in the past, given many are asymptomatic. So the silver lining is that the fatality rate is prob much lower than projections. On flip side, the people who have it is much larger than the numbers captured by the media. Until there is more widespread testing that number will never be known.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago Ironically, I am one of the moderators for my town Facebook page, and you actually can see these people's real names and faces and they are way by far more brutal there than they ever are her on KB! We had to block a sociopathic woman last night. Times are unreal!
Screengrabs please! :mrgreen: (And krazy wimmen are way more scarier than the menfolk.)
This is a delightful Twitter account: https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor?lang=en
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The only issue with that data set is the fatality rate for Covid-19 vs Flu. No one really knows, bc no one really knows how many people truly have it now or had it in the past, given many are asymptomatic. So the silver lining is that the fatality rate is prob much lower than projections. On flip side, the people who have it is much larger than the numbers captured by the media. Until there is more widespread testing that number will never be known.
Never mind the people who never even get tested, but most likely have it (after contacting their doctor) but were able to recover in their own homes. I know of few of them myself.
0 x
GO RAMS
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

In addition to that, someone may have all the symptoms of COVID and die, but if they were never actually tested for the disease (and tested positive, obviously) they don't get counted as a COVID death. So a lot of variables that can throw off the data. This is unlikely happening now but was happening often early on when testing wasn't readily available.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Row D where it’s at!
I'm in row A, but in the cheap seats. Maybe one game I'll go down the row saying Bar!, Bar!. Just to say hi after 10+ years on Rhody boards.
I'm in row A seats 8 and 9. Someone must have given up their tickets because these are great seats.

I'm fine with people telling me to sit down, but when I had a women tell me multiple times to stop cheering loudly for my team I couldn't believe it. I'll admit, I care a lot about this program and I can lose my mind sometimes, but don't go to a freaking college sporting event and expect people to sit in silence. I'll never sit in that section again.

Sounds like i'll fit right in 211. I'm pumped!!!
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Row D where it’s at!
I'm in row A, but in the cheap seats. Maybe one game I'll go down the row saying Bar!, Bar!. Just to say hi after 10+ years on Rhody boards.
I'm in row A seats 8 and 9. Someone must have given up their tickets because these are great seats.

I'm fine with people telling me to sit down, but when I had a women tell me multiple times to stop cheering loudly for my team I couldn't believe it. I'll admit, I care a lot about this program and I can lose my mind sometimes, but don't go to a freaking college sporting event and expect people to sit in silence. I'll never sit in that section again.

Sounds like i'll fit right in 211. I'm pumped!!!
You will fit right in for sure. But you are sitting next to me :D
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago
Oh they certainly are! Especially when they look on caliber with The Hills Have Eyes.
0 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Is the transfer rule absolutely not happening this coming season?
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Is the transfer rule absolutely not happening this coming season?
It doesn’t look good but the vote is later this month.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!