Ticket renewal

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Re: Ticket renewal

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

This is going to SUCK.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Wonder if they are going to hold the price on season tickets or lower them???
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

I can't imagine that season tickets are going to be lowered any or should they be.
1 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

if the Harris thing is true you may have to pay people to get tickets.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Deposit deadline for season tix renewal extended to June 15. Hopefully the schedule looks better then.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago Deposit deadline for season tix renewal extended to June 15. Hopefully the schedule looks better then.
They are not going to start reseating until mid June? I understand giving people some time but that is quite a delay.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

The whole thing (like much in the world today) is a mess and is going to be up in the air for a while. There are so many unknowns and who knows how much clearer things will be on June 15. I know I would not want the job to to try to sell tickets to college basketball games right now.
As a season ticket holder, I was on the fence as to renew or not before Covid 19 - now there’s no way. Much easier to wait and see and just go game to game if and when that happens.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

There will be plenty of good seats available, that's for sure.
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

What is this team going to look like when I reup in June... Let's hope we can be there to see...
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

I certainly understand the delay although most people will probably have made their minds up soon. I was just looking forward to finding out where my seats are going to be as a new season ticket holder.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I was going to wait but since I cannot afford to support the team otherwise I decided to reup with my existing seats. I understand the concern about how Covid 19 will affect the upcoming season but I cannot withhold support based on the roster turnover.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Interesting to read the different views on this subject. My take is simple. I will renew my four season's tickets no matter what the schedule looks like, how the team roster shapes out or what the prospects are. I am very critical of how the basketball program and the Ryan Center are run, but I believe there are much better ways to influence change rather than protesting by not buying tickets. More personal interaction with Thorr is one way. Since I can attend only 2 or 3 games each season, I give my surplus tickets to my RI based family and friends contingent on one proviso that the tickets are used otherwise they never get them again. If the upcoming season is curtailed or abbreviated, I will not request a refund, but will donate the proceeds to the program.

I am not a fair weather fan, but a firm supporter of this University in all its aspects and that includes Athletics, especially the basketball program. And I find that support easy to give considering the transformative actions taken URI over the last three years. We can be proud of the contributions made by alumni such as the Ryans, the Fascitellis, the Fannons, the Harringtons and the Verrechias. Their gifts to URI would be impressive at any school in this country. They also serve as models for each of us as to what we can do, each in our own way and means. Also significant is the recognition by the Governor and the state's legislative leaders to as what an asset URI is to the state. URI makes a large contribution on many levels - economic, industry, environmental, cultural - to the Rhode Island community. This is in stark contrast to a school like Providence College which is basically a leech on the community. So Bravo to URI!
13 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Obadiah.....please let us know when you are in town for a game if we ever have a new season....I would love to meet you and put a face with your nom de internet...
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Ramulus, seeing you may make him reconsider his well written post.
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Interesting to read the different views on this subject. My take is simple. I will renew my four season's tickets no matter what the schedule looks like, how the team roster shapes out or what the prospects are. I am very critical of how the basketball program and the Ryan Center are run, but I believe there are much better ways to influence change rather than protesting by not buying tickets. More personal interaction with Thorr is one way. Since I can attend only 2 or 3 games each season, I give my surplus tickets to my RI based family and friends contingent on one proviso that the tickets are used otherwise they never get them again. If the upcoming season is curtailed or abbreviated, I will not request a refund, but will donate the proceeds to the program.

I am not a fair weather fan, but a firm supporter of this University in all its aspects and that includes Athletics, especially the basketball program. And I find that support easy to give considering the transformative actions taken URI over the last three years. We can be proud of the contributions made by alumni such as the Ryans, the Fascitellis, the Fannons, the Harringtons and the Verrechias. Their gifts to URI would be impressive at any school in this country. They also serve as models for each of us as to what we can do, each in our own way and means. Also significant is the recognition by the Governor and the state's legislative leaders to as what an asset URI is to the state. URI makes a large contribution on many levels - economic, industry, environmental, cultural - to the Rhode Island community. This is in stark contrast to a school like Providence College which is basically a leech on the community. So Bravo to URI!
This is by far the BEST post ever! BRAVO!

Exactly why we renewed our 4 seats when we got the email in March.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Interesting to read the different views on this subject. My take is simple. I will renew my four season's tickets no matter what the schedule looks like, how the team roster shapes out or what the prospects are. I am very critical of how the basketball program and the Ryan Center are run, but I believe there are much better ways to influence change rather than protesting by not buying tickets. More personal interaction with Thorr is one way. Since I can attend only 2 or 3 games each season, I give my surplus tickets to my RI based family and friends contingent on one proviso that the tickets are used otherwise they never get them again. If the upcoming season is curtailed or abbreviated, I will not request a refund, but will donate the proceeds to the program.

Excellent post, sir!
2 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

This is by far the BEST post ever! BRAVO!

Exactly why we renewed our 4 seats when we got the email in March.
Yeah I couldnt agree more. My love for the program, the university, all the great alumni, and all of rhody nation will always have me doing whatever I can to help support and hopefully see the with continued success in academics and athletics. If that means making a donation how big or small you can afford or renewing your season tickets to fill the ryan center every night. The change in recruits or roster turnover or coach will not decide if I want to make an easy decision and renew my season tickets. We all have to do our part in supporting the program the best ways we can. Packing the ryan center every night is the goal and having that type of atmosphere is the gift we get for it. Nothing like the moments versus VCU when jeff hit those 3 threes in a row. The players on the court would never dissuade my decision to support the program regardless of roster schedule or coach.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I never even thought the home schedule would factor into getting season tickets or not for die hard fans....Thought that was a given regardless of who we play at home.
2 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

I just wanted to follow up on this. I received an email from Maureen McCarthy, Athletic Director of ticketing.

For those of you who don't know her, she has been here since the Ryan Center opened and has always been a wonderful resource and person to deal with.

Especially back in the days with young children and the demand for the Wiggles tickets. She always made sure my kids were front and center.

She apologized as the A10 tourney and then the immediate chaos of the COVID-19 situation she just forgot. I get it and am ok with it.

She definitely admits the failure of CUE Live and they are questioning its return.

My second point of Out of town scoreboard is doable and already in discussions.

Video replay it will require an investment of 40 to 100k. Something they have been looking to get done and are trying to get done.

WIFI - 350 to 500k. Project has been in discussion for over a year and is a top priority. Can't guarantee it this year due to unknown of COVID-19.

She also mentioned the rationale behind the ticket price increase in 2018. because you no longer needed a donation to sit in the club seats they made a bigger boost. I can get on board with this. Until we can sell out every game and have the demand for a required donation I get it.

the schedule she has no control over.

I think based on where we are as a society today, these are all fair and hopeful things. Thanks Maureen, if you are reading this board.
7 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Did she say anything about alcohol in seats?
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Did she say anything about alcohol in seats?
I spoke to someone reliable a month ago and they said it looks promising that they will “pilot” a few games next year with the intent to move forward the following year but it is still under discussion.

It is going to happen just a matter of when and how to manage.

Hopefully that makes your weekend.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody Sody wrote: 4 years ago
I spoke to someone reliable a month ago and they said it looks promising that they will “pilot” a few games next year with the intent to move forward the following year but it is still under discussion.

A "pilot" sounds...well, like they're making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be. Seems like they should just 'do it from the get-go', as opposed to having everyone get jakked up (and you know some will) for the 'booze in seats' games. Then again, maybe it's a sly marketing ploy and they'll pilot during a midweek game against some unknown, multi-directional non-con foe that otherwise no one would care to go see...
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

It was never in my original email to them so there was no answer.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody Sody wrote: 4 years ago

Let’s go!
1 x
Go Rhody
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I have a feeling I'll still be waiting a while for the announcer replacement. (sigh)
An assault on my ears. The guy is really bad, but I know he has some supporters. One can dream.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago I just wanted to follow up on this. I received an email from Maureen McCarthy, Athletic Director of ticketing.

For those of you who don't know her, she has been here since the Ryan Center opened and has always been a wonderful resource and person to deal with.

Especially back in the days with young children and the demand for the Wiggles tickets. She always made sure my kids were front and center.

She apologized as the A10 tourney and then the immediate chaos of the COVID-19 situation she just forgot. I get it and am ok with it.

She definitely admits the failure of CUE Live and they are questioning its return.

Video replay it will require an investment of 40 to 100k. Something they have been looking to get done and are trying to get done.

WIFI - 350 to 500k. Project has been in discussion for over a year and is a top priority. Can't guarantee it this year due to unknown of COVID-19.

She also mentioned the rationale behind the ticket price increase in 2018. because you no longer needed a donation to sit in the club seats they made a bigger boost. I can get on board with this. Until we can sell out every game and have the demand for a required donation I get it.

I think based on where we are as a society today, these are all fair and hopeful things. Thanks Maureen, if you are reading this board.
Thanks for asking these questions Rhodyhoopz, and then providing your findings.

The CUE I would have hoped it would have been killed already, but I have heard from a number of people that they think the WI-FI contributed to the failure of CUE. I know there have been posters saying the issue was not related to Wi-Fi. Might make most sense to fix Wi-Fi first, then roll out CUE?? If we must

We had heard the Wi-Fi was over a $1 million so good to hear its $350k to $500k. Needs to be done

Video Replay costs $40k to $100k? Wow. I’m surprised replay wasn’t provided with the original installation. Seems like a lot of money when I saw Replay on the Brown University Football Scoreboard this fall and Replay on the 3 UMASS Basketball Scoreboards in the Mullins Center.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

At this point I am just hoping there will be games, and that we will be able to attend them.
5 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago At this point I am just hoping there will be games, and that we will be able to attend them.
We have to hope they will find a drug or drugs that will keep people from dying.

Otherwise people aren't going to go to games even if they could.

I'm 68 and had bypass surgery 22 years ago. I'm sure not going to take the chance.

If no drug, then a vaccine that is VERY effective needs to happen.

That could be another year away.

Life as we knew it, is a long way away.

I just retired a few months ago. Some fucking retirement.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

One of my key colleagues just retired yesterday. We had to cancel our party (obviously) and do a zoom send-off. These are very strange times indeed.
2 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago
UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago At this point I am just hoping there will be games, and that we will be able to attend them.
We have to hope they will find a drug or drugs that will keep people from dying.

I'm 68 and had bypass surgery 22 years ago. I'm sure not going to take the chance.

I think the scientists will have much better data to work with in about a month. I am not putting much faith on future projections until we have a handle on true mortality rates and potential effectiveness of plasma donations from people with antibodies to the virus among other potentially effective treatments currently being studied. I feel my health declining with all of this staying inside and eating mostly processed food.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago

I think the scientists will have much better data to work with in about a month. I am not putting much faith on future projections until we have a handle on true mortality rates and potential effectiveness of plasma donations from people with antibodies to the virus among other potentially effective treatments currently being studied. I feel my health declining with all of this staying inside and eating mostly processed food.
Any options to the processed food? I'm generally a lazy s.o.b., but have used this time to kinda kick my cooking game up a few notches and truthfully, making dinner now is one of the most tolerable parts of my day. Not sure what your limitations are, but it doesn't have to be that difficult. I'm no chef by any means, but am finding that it only takes getting the right ingredients (really doesn't need to be any more expensive than processed food), following a few directions and a few extra minutes a day to eat a lot healthier. Perhaps there needs to be a "Cooking in the midst of C19" thread?
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Last edited by rhodyfan3000 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rhodyfan3000, sorry to hear about your Dad. And thank you so much for your service during this terrible time for our state and country.

Also, congrats on your retirement, rambone! It won't suck forever. 😃
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Hey, thanks. I love what I do, so I would do it, no matter what. I think most health care workers would tell you the same thing. But I appreciate it, thanks again.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago I just wanted to follow up on this. I received an email from Maureen McCarthy, Athletic Director of ticketing.

Thanks for asking the questions!

I do not understand the replay issue. No one can tell me that the scoreboards we have, which are the exact same ones put in the TD Garden, do not have an "aux in" feed. I have never been asking about putting in a live, replay booth in the video room (though it's INSANE the building was built without that capability).

My ask is that you simply take whatever feed that you are playing the game on - stream, TV, whatever - and put that feed into the screen. Switch off it for commercials and ads during free throws. They are way overthinking this.

If they just put the live feed into their panel and switched it on and off, that would take care of the replays. You don't need to pay anyone to do it. You don't need to train anyone to do it. And if it's anything like the camerawork in the Ryan Center, in-house replays would suck too.

Seriously, they haven't even figured out how to zoom into a pair of seats for dance-cam or promotions like they do in every other arena in the country. I have zero faith they'd be able to figure out live replays.

For the love of God JUST CONNECT A DAMN WIRE AND LET US WATCH THE SAME SHIT EVERYONE GETS TO SEE AT HOME.

As for the WiFi - that pricing seems about right - could even be higher tbh.

The problem with our WiFi is that it's not just one thing. I'm sure the infrastructure from WAP to back-end hasn't been updated in a decade or more.

You can't just add in more wireless access points. You need WAPS and then routers to support those WAPS. Increasing one (which they need to do) will mean you need to increase the other. And you can't just plan for todays demand, you need to build your network based on IoT projections for 3-5 years out, otherwise you're just wasting time.

Now if you add in WAPS, and high-channel routers, you need the switches to properly back all those up. With more switches comes larger UPS and racks to support it all. I just hope instead of "thinking big" we actually INVEST relative to our ideas.

However, if they just wanted to do SOMETHING, they could just fill the building with cellular repeaters in tandem to/instead of the WiFi upgrades.

It's just insane that stepping into that building is like stepping back to 2006.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Don’t worry. Jared and Ivanka are in charge. It will be fine.
2 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

People protesting lockdowns are chanting "Give me liberty or give me death!".....

Be careful what you ask for...…

Problem is, what they are doing will affect many who actually have functioning brains.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

URI96 wrote: 4 years ago

You mean Stepford Wife and Cyborg?
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

But which one is the Cyborg and which one is the Stepford Wife?
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

But which one is the Cyborg and which one is the Stepford Wife?
:lol: :lol:

GOLD, Steve. GOLD!

Interchangeable!
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago People protesting lockdowns are chanting "Give me liberty or give me death!".....

Be careful what you ask for...…

Problem is, what they are doing will affect many who actually have functioning brains.
2020-04-20.png
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago

Thanks for asking the questions!

I do not understand the replay issue. No one can tell me that the scoreboards we have, which are the exact same ones put in the TD Garden, do not have an "aux in" feed. I have never been asking about putting in a live, replay booth in the video room (though it's INSANE the building was built without that capability).

My ask is that you simply take whatever feed that you are playing the game on - stream, TV, whatever - and put that feed into the screen. Switch off it for commercials and ads during free throws. They are way overthinking this.

If they just put the live feed into their panel and switched it on and off, that would take care of the replays. You don't need to pay anyone to do it. You don't need to train anyone to do it. And if it's anything like the camerawork in the Ryan Center, in-house replays would suck too.

Seriously, they haven't even figured out how to zoom into a pair of seats for dance-cam or promotions like they do in every other arena in the country. I have zero faith they'd be able to figure out live replays.

For the love of God JUST CONNECT A DAMN WIRE AND LET US WATCH THE SAME SHIT EVERYONE GETS TO SEE AT HOME.

As for the WiFi - that pricing seems about right - could even be higher tbh.

The problem with our WiFi is that it's not just one thing. I'm sure the infrastructure from WAP to back-end hasn't been updated in a decade or more.

You can't just add in more wireless access points. You need WAPS and then routers to support those WAPS. Increasing one (which they need to do) will mean you need to increase the other. And you can't just plan for todays demand, you need to build your network based on IoT projections for 3-5 years out, otherwise you're just wasting time.

Now if you add in WAPS, and high-channel routers, you need the switches to properly back all those up. With more switches comes larger UPS and racks to support it all. I just hope instead of "thinking big" we actually INVEST relative to our ideas.

However, if they just wanted to do SOMETHING, they could just fill the building with cellular repeaters in tandem to/instead of the WiFi upgrades.

It's just insane that stepping into that building is like stepping back to 2006.
Beers in seats...easier and cheaper than any of the above...probably actually a revenue positive...and will result in just as much increased satisfaction.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......the old quirky RC......it is like, here is what we don’t have in the home court, as a weird attraction, at Ole a State U........sad......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

To date, has URI Athletics been hurt or helped "FINANCIALLY" by the pandemic? I don't see much money making (ticket sales, advertising revenue, etc) among the Spring teams (M&F) and significant savings on travel and game day expenses. Am I missing something? For the Fall, while football has high fixed expenses, does revenue cover non-fixed operating expenses during the season?

I am asking these questions because I'm wondering whether revenue loss because of the pandemic will be used as a reason to reduce the number of athletic programs.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would guess there will be cuts to both men's and women's programs [equally of course due to Title IX]

If the season is cancelled, Cox stands to lose around one third of his pay due to no ticket revenue, and even more loss due to no chance to make money on incentives.

He would get his base pay and not much else.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

If they have a season his incentives will be difficult to meet. I really don’t see how they will be able to hold the line on ticket prices. I also don’t see the season ticket #s and mini plan sales remaining the same.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I would guess there will be cuts to both men's and women's programs [equally of course due to Title IX]

If the season is cancelled, Cox stands to lose around one third of his pay due to no ticket revenue, and even more loss due to no chance to make money on incentives.

He would get his base pay and not much else.
he can join the reduced/no pay club with many others.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Still allowing renewals per email today from Thorr.
0 x
RI_Rams
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RI_Rams »

I think the biggest nightmare is canceling the season. No basketball = no fans = no revenue = certain cuts. Schools are already cutting coaches pay, reducing athletic budgets, etc. It's really only a matter of time before everyone follows. There are very few, if any at all, that cannot afford to not cut anything and still survive.
0 x