Jermaine Harris

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Re: Jermaine Harris

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

This is not a "heavyweight" coach that a top 50 team should have. Cox can't do it all. By the way ,Justin Gainey who left Arizona assistant coach position for Marquette was reportedly getting paid $290K.

This horse has been beaten way past dead. I feel your and probably most of the fan bases' frustration.
URI doesn't pay competitive salaries to their assistant coaches. it was creeping higher under
DH but I think Thorr took advantage of the transition to Cox to reset all the salaries lower
along with backing off on all the promises he made to Hurley about the practice facility,
charter flights etc.. On top of that we really need to expand our Assistant coaches.
We need a bigs coach to work with JH and the twins , I think Kenny Green would
be an awesome candidate but I don't see that happening either. I don't
think is was a coincidence that Berry and Cyril made huge strides when ARD was on
the staff. " THINK SMALL WE DO!!!"
2 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago This is not a "heavyweight" coach that a top 50 team should have. Cox can't do it all. By the way ,Justin Gainey who left Arizona assistant coach position for Marquette was reportedly getting paid $290K.

This horse has been beaten way past dead. I feel your and probably most of the fan bases' frustration.
URI doesn't pay competitive salaries to their assistant coaches. it was creeping higher under
DH but I think Thorr took advantage of the transition to Cox to reset all the salaries lower
along with backing off on all the promises he made to Hurley about the practice facility,
charter flights etc.. On top of that we really need to expand our Assistant coaches.
We need a bigs coach to work with JH and the twins , I think Kenny Green would
be an awesome candidate but I don't see that happening either. I don't
think is was a coincidence that Berry and Cyril made huge strides when ARD was on
the staff. " THINK SMALL WE DO!!!"
Chico Spot on. Kenny Green would be the perfect addition to this team. You want to see big men thrive, give them someone who has done it and can teach it.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Chico78, Agree with everything you bring up,-- however, even with our salary limitations, shouldn't we be able to do better than an Assitant Coach who has a total of 1/2 a season as an assistant coach and before that was in charge of video--

Cox is being saddled with a Carroll and Carroll team that is most likely a settlement and not in any way related to running a quality basketball program.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

CHICO 78 wrote: 4 years ago URI doesn't pay competitive salaries to their assistant coaches. it was creeping higher under
charter flights etc..
Agree that those things seem to have paused a little bit, but I disagree with the argument that "Thorr took advantage" to back off all those improvements that were on the table to encourage Hurley to stay. I'm sure Thorr wants those improvements as much as we do and maybe more. I can promise you that Thorr wants to see our basketball budget grow. But he's not the one writing the checks that are necessary to make that happen - those are our limited big boosters.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
Nope, never called the University, so I wasn’t quite a helicopter parent. Once they headed to college they were all set, if they wanted their tuition paid there was certain rules as to grades, but they were on their own to get them or not.
More than fair, lucky kids to have a mom with a strict code that includes allowing them to spread their wings when the time comes. Good work LTR!
👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Wanna be successful in the low post?

Please watch the video copy, repeat.

You’re welcome.

1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

$500k a year assistant coach for bigs not needed.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago $500k a year assistant coach for bigs not needed.
Unless it's McHale.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote: 4 years ago Wanna be successful in the low post?

Please watch the video copy, repeat.

You’re welcome.

Thanks SO much for posting...this is awesome. I've never seen anyone do so much in the low post, with so little force....
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
Unless it's McHale.
What do the contracts look like for the Assistant Coaches...are they one year terms that get re-upped each year or are they coterminous with Cox's contract? If so, before I would call for Cox's head, I would allow him some leeway in assistant selection.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

McHale was the master of the low post moves , Kenny Green was probably the best I have seen at URI a with his back to the basket
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Assistants are on one year deals, expiring June 30th, the end of URI's fiscal year.

The pool is 425K total....crumbs in today's college BB world.

Of course the HC's contract is also low on the totem pole in the A10 too.

I get that the total coach budget is fairly low, since the staff is new and unproven, but it can't stay low for long.

I'll say this...when the time comes to hire a new coaching staff, URI if they want a quality staff will have to start them at a LOT higher level.

This on the cheap shit has to end or URI will be destined for mediocrity at best.

Same for the other program improvements. HAS to happen.
2 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......looks to me the cheap out(beer budget) is probably going to stay the same for the near future......the improvements(champagne taste) are most likely a distant pipe dream.......the revolving door of chased players will continue with little roster stability with the assumed new transfer rules.......maybe roster stability lies in a coach and a program philosophy that attracts niche players that are cogs in a team wheel that are plugged into that offense/defense system that is consistent from year to year......”this is our system that we play here”, then we do not chase a mix/match of X star rated players in hoping they can be molded/conjoined into a flash in the pan season.......then they move on.......total commitment and building a program over time......for me, impossible to achieve at URI due to a variety constraints.......mediocrity reigns supreme.......my reality check......hope Jermaine stays........added; does a Davidson type program come to mind?.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

105, trying to find players that "fit" whatever system you want to run, looks impossible in today's climate.

Coaches like Hurley when he was here managed to find those types and they came to help build a program...and they stayed for 4 years.

That seems like an eon ago now.

There are still some of those types of coaches out there....like the one you mentioned...Davidson.

McKillop looks for a certain type of player...maybe not super athletic but disciplined and team oriented.

And they stay the course too.

Looks like we are all over the place now...a bunch of individuals who are allergic to the team concept.

Jeff was the last of his kind here....and he was a Hurley recruit.

Think about what Cox faces here for this coming season....a boatload of new faces...and likely a shortened practice leadup if that....trying to get everybody on the same page...good luck.

It's one thing having a group of 5 stars coming in like coach K and Calipari have every year....it's way more challenging in URI's case with a group of mostly 3 stars and even unrated ones.

And now it looks like a yearly affair, where Cox will likely have to re-recruit the holdovers and add several new players every year due to transfers.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

McKillop looks for players who can run true motion. No inbounds plays or set plays but true motion. Players who will stay long enough to learn it.

Time will tell if Cox can achieve long term results with the high post offense. He’s going to be starting from scratch with a completely new slate of players. Can he keep this crew long enough to run a system? Or should we just go back to simple plays which breakdown and result in wild dribble drive with 5 seconds on the shot clock when it’s crunch time?

I willing to consider all view points right now because...well I dunno at this point.

Maybe we’ll need to eventually dance with another devil to get where we want to go.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

57, as you surely know, when URI was successful in the past, they usually did it with a group of players that were together for a few years, and improved and developed year to year, and paid off when they were juniors and seniors.

Even Dan had a couple transfers that were instrumental in his success, but he had the "core four" that were here 4 years.

Going to be very difficult for that to happen again.

Going to have to do with transfers...and even then they are only with us for 2 years for the most part.

Trying to win with most of a team being 2 year players is going to be quite the challenge.

Cox has already had trouble with getting his team to mesh. Will that change for the better?

If he's going to keep his job, he has to.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Assistants are on one year deals, expiring June 30th, the end of URI's fiscal year.

The pool is 425K total....crumbs in today's college BB world.

Of course the HC's contract is also low on the totem pole in the A10 too.

I get that the total coach budget is fairly low, since the staff is new and unproven, but it can't stay low for long.

I'll say this...when the time comes to hire a new coaching staff, URI if they want a quality staff will have to start them at a LOT higher level.

This on the cheap shit has to end or URI will be destined for mediocrity at best.

Same for the other program improvements. HAS to happen.
My biggest issue is that at the 11th hour, with Hurley out the door, we had certain donors willing to invest, pony up and keep him. To the tune of millions per year.

Of course, the market dictates what you can/should pay a first year head coach. If Cox is the guy, fine. I get that you can't offer the Hurley contract to him in terms of dollars and cents.

BUT. The investment part of that contract needs to be there.

If certain people were willing to pony up $2M+ per year for a coach PLUS a practice facility, charter flights, and an expanded assistant coaches pool - then they should at least be willing to commit to the program enhancements we need.

Giving our new head coach minimal resources and expecting him to compete and "earn" those big ticket donations is asinine and counter-productive. You're asking him to fight with one hand tied behind his back...and guess what, if he's able to succeed here like his predecessor, he'll already be gone before you decide he's become "worthy" of the investment.

Our program needs to be supported REGARDLESS of who is in the chair at the end of the bench.

That's the difference. Allow us to pay legit #1 assistant coaches or a bigs coach. Like DC said - you think Cox doesn't have those connections or relationships to bring in those types?

Give our players the facilities to work on their game 24/7/365. Give them the competitive advantage of flying chartered flights that can get them back home and in class the night after a game.

The problems here are, and always have been, above Thorr. There is not a competitive commitment from the state or the school or the donors. It's a mom and pop grocery store that's trying to compete in the digital age, arguing over whether or not you need to take credit cards at the cash register.

Thorr can only do what he can with the budget presented to him. He can't cut more programs, because then there's even less student-athletes competing - opening the door for the excuse to cut the budget even further. He can't force the donors to give more money.

Until a serious big money donor wants to make a Tom Ryan circa 2000 commitment like the Ryan Center, we will wallow in mediocrity.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I agree 100% with everything above, but will add that Thorr does have some control. He can control how the NCAA revenue is dispersed throughout the sports programs. It is also his job to make sure the donors we do have (while limited) understand why prioritizing basketball investments is just that, an investment, and a sound one at that.
Get original and think outside the box for revenue/donations.
I completely understand that the improvements to the football field were donations specifically designated for that purpose. But how can we get 2 million dollars in donations for football that hasn't produced anything, but can't get the money together for a practice facility. (Yes it will take more than 2 million, I get it, but it's not like it's going to cost 1 billion).
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

There was a very large [60 mil?] donation to the school recently, and I think the expectation were that much more than 1 million was to be earmarked for the practice facility.

But it wasn't.....which has delayed the start of construction of the facility.

They need the full 5 million before they can start it.

They are a long way off from getting the other 4 million.
Last edited by rambone 78 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I agree 100% with everything above, but will add that Thorr does have some control. He can control how the NCAA revenue is dispersed throughout the sports programs. It is also his job to make sure the donors we do have (while limited) understand why prioritizing basketball investments is just that, an investment, and a sound one at that.
I completely understand that the improvements to the football field were donations specifically designated for that purpose. But how can we get 2 million dollars in donations for football that hasn't produced anything, but can't get the money together for a practice facility. (Yes it will take more than 2 million, I get it, but it's not like it's going to cost 1 billion).
The money spent on football is the donors which they wanted for this purpose. Any money spent on the football program is a waste of money to me. Division 1-AA is equivalent to the NIT and being awful for almost every year the last two decades is equivalent to not making the Collegeinsider tournament. The money spent on lights for a glorified high school field to have 1-2 football games per year is crazy to me. I know they are going to hold some other events under the lights, but this seems unreal. Once again though that was money that was targeted for football so whether it was football, lacrosse or any other sport not much we can do about that.
Last edited by RamStock 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Sports that generate no revenue will be in danger of being cut, what with the unfolding economic disaster.

Football which is a guaranteed money loser, will survive...but should it?

How much will it affect the BB program?
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Sports that generate no revenue will be in danger of being cut, what with the unfolding economic disaster.

Football which is a guaranteed money loser, will survive...but should it?

How much will it affect the BB program?
We might as well stand at midfield and light $100 bills on fire — at least it would be fun to watch them burn, unlike watching our football program for the last 20-plus years.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Sending out some positive vibes & love for our boy Harris! Hang in there! Roller coasters can be terrifying and fun at the same time. In good hands with coach Cox.
8 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Harris might end up averaging that 10 and 5 by default next year!

Don't remember who wanted to make a wager with me on that.
1 x
Go Rhody
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Me and PT is what I was counting on, when I knew CL was graduating and figured we might get a frosh big, I figured JH would get the PT. Less balls grabbed by CL, more out there for JH.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Unless it's McHale.
What do the contracts look like for the Assistant Coaches...are they one year terms that get re-upped each year or are they coterminous with Cox's contract? If so, before I would call for Cox's head, I would allow him some leeway in assistant selection.
Cox is in charge of hiring his own assistants. Nobody does that for him. He owns the hiring.
Contracts are for 1 year. Up every June.
All of the hires on the staff were by Cox. He selected the Assistants and hired them, and then he rehires them every June if he so choses.
Cox is also obviously in charge of the Assistants Performance Reviews, their growth and development.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Every time this thread gets bumped I brace for more bad news.
3 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Every time this thread gets bumped I brace for more bad news.
Yup....
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

Unless it's McHale.
Cox is in charge of hiring his own assistants. Nobody does that for him. He owns the hiring.
All of the hires on the staff were by Cox. He selected the Assistants and hired them, and then he rehires them every June if he so choses.
Cox is also obviously in charge of the Assistants Performance Reviews, their growth and development.
Not sure that "he owns the hiring" is really true in the case of Carroll Sr and JR. All I remember is that their situation dragged on for a long time, with no assistant hired and then the "settlement" with Sr and Jr. Sounds to me that the lawyers "owned" this one.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago Every time this thread gets bumped I brace for more bad news.
Yup....
Ditto. Same goes for the threads of recruits/transfers we've signed. Life as a Rhody fan - always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Jermaine famously tweeted that he came here to play for Coach Cox after DH left. He's been heavily criticized on this board, some of it warranted, much of it not.

If he sticks it out and plays here for 4 years, I really do believe he'll have a great career here as an upperclassman.

Thoughts like that seem to be wishful thinking these days, but that's my hope.
9 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Unless it's McHale.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

McRam wrote: 4 years ago

Not sure that "he owns the hiring" is really true in the case of Carroll Sr and JR. All I remember is that their situation dragged on for a long time, with no assistant hired and then the "settlement" with Sr and Jr. Sounds to me that the lawyers "owned" this one.
Cox hired them both. There was no settlement.
0 x
3mm's
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by 3mm's »

Cox did hire them both -BUT- did he have a choice with Austin? With the settlement with the father coming so late and him unable to be an actual coach the job was posted. You needed someone with 2 years college coaching experience which eliminated almost everyone that did not already have college coaching experience. What asst. coach would leave at the start of a season and not think this would hurt him as he tried to move up the coaching latter. The 2 year requirement stopped the top Prep, High School or AAU person from getting the job. This left DC with a video person and a "coach" that can no longer coach.
URI now has a member of the staff that have little to no recruiting base and little or no relationship with the players that transferred. Sounds like Cox really had little say in his staff. He and TJ are doing a great job getting players with the handcuffs that they have on.
3 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

With no inside information....and just my own guessing...I believe given John Carroll's significant health problems...the University felt a moral obligation to continue his health care coverage and nominal salary as a consultant/contributor....and that son Austin was willing to come on board with a more limited salary to help both his father and the team...

That being said....I hope Jermaine does not transfer....
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

David Cox explains his hiring of both In this article.

https://www.providencejournal.com/sport ... ate=ampart

Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago With no inside information....and just my own guessing...I believe given John Carroll's significant health problems...the University felt a moral obligation to continue his health care coverage and nominal salary as a consultant/contributor....and that son Austin was willing to come on board with a more limited salary to help both his father and the team...

I think you're right.

The salary limitations here also really hamstring Cox on who he can bring in.....hopefully that will change as we go forward....but of course the economic situation for the near future will delay that for a while.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I agree 100% with everything above, but will add that Thorr does have some control. He can control how the NCAA revenue is dispersed throughout the sports programs. It is also his job to make sure the donors we do have (while limited) understand why prioritizing basketball investments is just that, an investment, and a sound one at that.
I am grateful that they upgraded the football field it increases the overall level of the athletic department facilities and is visible from the Ryan Center. Every individual donor has a right to decide what they want to support. The basketball program just needs to keep building its group of supporters.
1 x
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

Just getting this back on track. Jermaines insta has been VERY Rhody positive. Especially since the toppin transfer. I think we as Rhody fans should be extremely excited about our front court situation the next two years. Jermaine, walker and the Mitchells WILL be a four man rotation that will be the best in the A10. Walker will also see some time at the 3. I expect huge growth from our guy, and even more growth now that he has less pressure with a great big man challenge and support system.
5 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Glad to hear this.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I am high on Harris and the twins and Walker. The whole group will compliment each other very well. The people being very negative are just generally not optimistic. Same guys that break down the schedule trying to figure out the maximum games the team can lose and still sneak by.

All four guys we would say we had no chance getting if we were pursuing them. Same with Fatts. The roster has a lot of good/great players.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm not being negative. I'm optimistic about this group too. I just think it's ridiculous to compare them to some of the greatest to ever wear Keaney Blue. Hopefully in 3 years we can put the Mitchell twins in a category with Kenny Green and ARD. I hope so. We'll see.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I'm not being negative. I'm optimistic about this group too. I just think it's ridiculous to compare them to some of the greatest to ever wear Keaney Blue. Hopefully in 3 years we can put the Mitchell twins in a category with Kenny Green and ARD. I hope so. We'll see.
We have the benefit of experience, when it comes to overhyping incoming players here.

I hope they turn out to be really good too...of course!

Martin I know will be good....he's got the track record.

And we also know he will finish out his career at Rhody!
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago
Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago I'm not being negative. I'm optimistic about this group too. I just think it's ridiculous to compare them to some of the greatest to ever wear Keaney Blue. Hopefully in 3 years we can put the Mitchell twins in a category with Kenny Green and ARD. I hope so. We'll see.
We have the benefit of experience, when it comes to overhyping incoming players here.

I hope they turn out to be really good too...of course!

Martin I know will be good....he's got the track record.

And we also know he will finish out his career at Rhody!
Based on the events of the last couple months and the changing landscape I don't think anyone knows this for sure....
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I would peg it at 99% he stays.

His family is the reason. We know his family.

And they are loyal. Hassan stayed here. Malik will too.

Besides, the only way he could leave before his senior year is by a special waiver. The rule will pass, and he's used up his one time transfer.

Not going to happen imo.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Hopefully it will be a wee bit more kind fan base here on the forum if he shows loyalty and stays...
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 4 years ago I am high on Harris and the twins and Walker. The whole group will compliment each other very well. The people being very negative are just generally not optimistic. Same guys that break down the schedule trying to figure out the maximum games the team can lose and still sneak by.

All four guys we would say we had no chance getting if we were pursuing them. Same with Fatts. The roster has a lot of good/great players.
Everyone is welcome to their opinion and I think if there was a middle ground in terms of optimism than people would be less likely to sound as negative. When people start saying this is going to be the best front court in history and this team is definitely making the tournament next year than that is going to get many of us upset especially after what has taken place in the offseason. If someone were to say I have hope and think the front court might be better than many of the people think or they watched certain players who are coming and think this will be a pretty good team there would be less pushback. It is always going to get me upset when people say that Reynolds Dean wasn’t a good player and to point out how the 1998 team choked. Everyone on the board hopes that URI succeeds and surprises everyone to make the tournament. Hopefully the program pushes the envelope with this program.

In terms of Harris I really like this kid a lot and am rooting for him as much as any URI player in a long time. I feel like between the injuries and the pressure he has had on him since he arrived at URI things have not always been easy for him. I would love to see him stay 4 years.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I get pissed when some say the 1998 team choked.

They were exhausted. Wheeler was short on his shots late, especially the 3 free throws.

That plus the refs were wearing Stanford jerseys in the last minute.
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

"In terms of Harris I really like this kid a lot and am rooting for him as much as any URI player in a long time. I feel like between the injuries and the pressure he has had on him since he arrived at URI things have not always been easy for him. I would love to see him stay 4 years."

Exactly my sentiment...he is a good kid...he has had multiple injuries and has been playing through them.

I am all in behind Jermaine!
6 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago I get pissed when some say the 1998 team choked.

They were exhausted. Wheeler was short on his shots late, especially the 3 free throws.

That plus the refs were wearing Stanford jerseys in the last minute.
Go watch the tape if you can stand it. Harrick completely lost his mind in the final minute and stopped coaching the team.

And Mobley was fouled...

:)
1 x