UMASS Basketball news

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: UMASS Basketball news

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting pick up for mass

6'11" Russian born kid who played 3 years at American U. Started all games at center last year

Originally played for Vin Pastore and Mass Rivals

https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basket ... erini/1287
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

why do we have an active thread about Umass, a team that has been irrelevant for 6+ years? can't info about them just be part of another thread...or should we create a Duquesne thread too? :)
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago why do we have an active thread about Umass, a team that has been irrelevant for 6+ years? can't info about them just be part of another thread...or should we create a Duquesne thread too? :)
Well, we now have a Fordham Basketball News Thread

(well played Ramulous, well played).
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago why do we have an active thread about Umass, a team that has been irrelevant for 6+ years? can't info about them just be part of another thread...or should we create a Duquesne thread too? :)
Because I started it a year ago in the NCAA or Bust section
People bitched and moaned about me posting too much UMASS stuff so moderator moved it All Other College sports section. I think that was the case, I might have just moved it on my own - can’t fully remember.

So I moved it where it wouldn’t bother people so much

Same thing happened with All Things Dan Hurley and UCONN. Posters bitched about Hurley and UCONN getting too much discussion, as he was gone from URI so it got moved to All Other College Sports yo be out of the way.

I personally root for all 14 A10 teams. I don’t hate Fordham, UMASS, Richmond, Duquesne, St Louis, St Joseph’s, etc. I want every A10 Team to win every game.
I want every A10 team to recruit well, schedule well, win OOC games.

But I personally like UMASS and know a lot of fans from their. Just will never understand the hatred, yet many here think I’m supposed to root for PC.

Anyway, long story, That’s why the UMASS thread.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Interesting choice, I thought he would have upgraded a bit, kid was pretty good this year as a freshman.

He should do very well in the MVC.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Interesting choice, I thought he would have upgraded a bit, kid was pretty good this year as a freshman.

He should do very well in the MVC.
East was a frequent starter as a freshman but he got over-recruited with the transfer in of Noah Fernandes and then the Garcia recruit. East will do well at Bradley.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Ronnie DeGray becomes 8th Woodstock Academy to join UMASS in last 20 months

https://newenglandrecruitingreport.com/ ... mass-bound
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Ronnie DeGray becomes 8th Woodstock Academy to join UMASS in last 20 months

Makes one wonder who on the coaching staff the bulk of the players are loyal to. Worth noting that in the incident at the Ryan Center two months ago, McCall was all alone already off the floor near the locker room door when all hell broke out. All the UMass players were back on the court supporting Bergeron in the scuffle. Perfect metaphor for a very dysfunctional environment.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Ronnie DeGray becomes 8th Woodstock Academy to join UMASS in last 20 months

That many recruits from a single school smells fishy (and yes I’m aware of the Bergeron connection). I wonder if the NCAA would be sniffing around.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago

That many recruits from a single school smells fishy (and yes I’m aware of the Bergeron connection). I wonder if the NCAA would be sniffing around.
He can't be sleeping with the mother of all eight players, can he?
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago

He can't be sleeping with the mother of all eight players, can he?
Pimp Bergeron.

Now let's get that on a sign and wave in his face next year.
0 x