Fatts (Grad Transfer to Maryland)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Fatts

Unread post by STC »

We’re staring a sub .500 season in the face where Fatts averages 25 ppg.
3 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Love Fatts! Looking forward to seeing him in a Rhody uniform next season! He's talented, but if Terrell went undrafted, so will Fatts at this point in time. I believe Terrell was the complete package after his last year at URI. Meaning he could hit a shot from anywhere on the floor, but he did lack some extra skills in some areas, but was definitely very well rounded and a talented player.
Fatts shrank away during some of the biggest games or against guards with tough defense. If he can't over come that in the A10, I don't see him doing any better in the NBA for sure, even though they don't play great defense in the NBA.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
DevRam
Kenny Green

Unread post by DevRam »

Fatts Russell is a gym rat. He will be working all summer to prove everyone wrong... Again. Can’t wait to see him turn it up another notch next year.
3 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Fatts doesn't understand what it takes to be a winner.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

STC wrote: 4 years ago We’re staring a sub .500 season in the face where Fatts averages 25 ppg.
.......probably, with the keys being given to him, and we ride that as far as it will take us, given the current roster projections.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts doesn't understand what it takes to be a winner.
Just like Jimmy Baron didn’t know what it took to be a good free throw shooter, right?

I think about some of the biggest games that Fatts has played in during his time here and the way he’s responded, I think about how he was playing when the team peaked this past season, I think about big shots he’s made, and the way he’s played thru pain and injury and responded to adversity, and I’m comforted to remember that you’re a crusty old grump who has proven over and over again that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
12 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Our opponent's strategy down the stretch was to hard foul Fatts on every drive to the basket....knowing the refs would not call every single foul....and the beating Fatts took would wear him down...and it did

I always wanted Fatts to have the ball in a close game because he rarely missed important free throws....no one else on the team was as reliable in a tight game...

I want him back....
6 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

I want fatts to return.. we need him to have any shot of being relevant. I feel there is close to 0 per cent chance he is in the NBA ever.. he will be a good overseas player somewhere and make a solid living. Think of all our Stars that have not made the show. Size is and will be a factor
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Fatts doesn't understand what it takes to be a winner.
Yea, his freshman year against PC and the game against Oklahoma, his game winner against Harvard and his 40+ game against St Joes proves he doesn’t understand what it takes to win...

Try again bud.
8 x
Go Rhody
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Hopefully things being shutdown don’t stop the workouts and evaluations. Seems that experience is very motivational for players.

I would expect Fatts to be better this year. And have a senior year that is stronger than any guard the last 20 years.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Did you constantly criticize Sly Williams, Silk Owens and Tyson Wheeler too?
3 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Fatts can make the NBA but needs to add more to his offensive game.for

Right now he is either 3 point or layups, he will have trouble with both in the NBA because of the size that he would face. However, if he can figure out how to add more of a mid-range game and floaters from 10 feet. One example might be by not just driving for layups, sometimes penetrate to the basket and go past the basket for mid-range or assists that this will create.

Maybe the big man coach we want can also help on this aspect of his gane
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

God knows when they are going to open things back up again for sports.

Kirk Herbstreit said he will be shocked if there is college football.

I'm thinking Fatts may not even get to go through the NBA draft workout process. There wont be a combine. Fatts probably wouldn't be allowed to travel around the country working out for different teams.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

hahahah Fatts doesn't know what it take to be a winner??!!! Hes being proving dudes like you wrong his entire life.
8 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
Just like Jimmy Baron didn’t know what it took to be a good free throw shooter, right?
---
TruePoint, you embarrass yourself with this total misrepresentation and shows no understanding of what it takes to be the winner that JBJr is. Basketball is a team sport and Fatts is not a team player.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
Did you constantly criticize Sly Williams, Silk Owens and Tyson Wheeler too?
No. I don't criticize Jeff Dowtin as well. I just don't think very much of selfish basketball players. Fatts is not even a D league player. He may catch on a lower level team overseas.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

I think about some of the biggest games that Fatts has played in during his time here and the way he’s responded, I think about how he was playing when the team peaked this past season, I think about big shots he’s made, and the way he’s played thru pain and injury and responded to adversity, and I’m comforted to remember that you’re a crusty old grump who has proven over and over again that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
+ 1
1 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

This right here is one of the dumbest takes I've ever read on this board. Ask Trae Young if Fatts isn't a winner? How about VCU when he had 30 pts 5 ast 4 rebs. How many games has this kid flat our willed this team to victory? So dumb to say this kid isn't a winner.
5 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

And his 4.6 assists average? Good for 78th in the country and well above the average. But yeah, not a team player....
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

He is the most clutch player we have had in a long time. Even the games where he's sucked he has come through.

Like the Harvard, WKU, Davidson and the UMass games.

Cant think of any player in recent memory that has come close.
4 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Fatts is clutch. I want him on our team. Maybe I’m not as astute as some on this board
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 years ago
This right here is one of the dumbest takes I've ever read on this board. Ask Trae Young if Fatts isn't a winner? How about VCU when he had 30 pts 5 ast 4 rebs. How many games has this kid flat our willed this team to victory? So dumb to say this kid isn't a winner.
I made the mistake of doing it yesterday, but don’t even bother responding to this bozo. He’s been trolling the REAL Rhody fans for years. He adds nothing constructive to the conversation. Ever. He’s here simply to stir the pot with his negative comments and idiotic takes on any given situation. Definition of a troll.

Anybody on this board who doesn’t want a player like Fatts on our team, and doesn’t see the value that he brings to the program should have their head examined.
4 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 years ago ...
So dumb to say this kid isn't a winner.
Fatts is a one man team. He makes no one better. I guess he is some fans cup of tea. Not mine.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago
BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 years ago ...
So dumb to say this kid isn't a winner.
Fatts is a one man team. He makes no one better. I guess he is some fans cup of tea. Not mine.
I think he made a few better during the 10 game winning streak
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

---
TruePoint, you embarrass yourself with this total misrepresentation and shows no understanding of what it takes to be the winner that JBJr is. Basketball is a team sport and Fatts is not a team player.
Sorry for embarrassing myself. While we are here, though, who won more NCAA tournament games - “winner” Jimmy Jr. (who I love, btw) or Fatts? Who’s had more points, assists, threes, steals, Reggie Miller quote gifs, lottery pick pelts on the wall, etc., in NCAA tournament games? It’s straight dumb to say Fatts isn’t a winner. Whatever kind of spin you want to put on it.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

This board is so easily trolled.

It can be very entertaining in a twisted sort of way...

:)
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Helps to pass the time since we don't have much else to do......
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Good luck to guy. I hope it declaring helps his stock and then he comes back and helps us rebuild.
1 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Come on 72 you are better than that !!
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Good luck to guy. I hope it declaring helps his stock and then he comes back and helps us rebuild.
.......or reload?.......rainy days ahead.......house bound......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Yea, his freshman year against PC and the game against Oklahoma, his game winner against Harvard and his 40+ game against St Joes proves he doesn’t understand what it takes to win...

Try again bud.
The game winner against Harvard where Cox called a play and Fatts said no, I'm taking the shot
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

New IG post just has the peace ✌️ emoji and University of RI.

Trying to be positive I am going to assume he is just passing along well wishes to the Rhody community in these stressful times. Stay Healthy!
1 x
CamsRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by CamsRams »

Wonder if they’re all picking up their things as the on campus school year is done.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yes Dowtin posted something similar. They went back to pick up their stuff and are going back home. No freak out necessary.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Everyone is going home people.

This is getting annoying.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I drove thru URI yesterday (no longer legal i guess), and any people that were there were packing up and leaving. The neighboring house to me that is a student rental was doing the same thing. URI was emptier than I've ever seen it, summer included.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
The game winner against Harvard where Cox called a play and Fatts said no, I'm taking the shot
I rest my case.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
I rest my case.
....but he won the game for us.
1 x
Go Rhody
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

72 really has no idea what he is talking about. It’s startling the level of ignorance when it comes to this player.
2 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

BleedBlue87 wrote: 4 years ago And his 4.6 assists average? Good for 78th in the country and well above the average. But yeah, not a team player....
Yes, and how much higher would it have been if we were a good shooting team and had consistently good finishers.?
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Despite my criticism of Fatts there are aspects of his game that are admirable - good ball handler, good defender, clutch FT shooter. He forces his offense to the team's detriment in the half court game while he's a poor outside shooter and finisher.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Despite my criticism of Fatts there are aspects of his game that are admirable - good ball handler, good defender, clutch FT shooter. He forces his offense to the team's detriment in the half court game while he's a poor outside shooter and finisher.
36% from 3 is considered to be a good percentage.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago Despite my criticism of Fatts there are aspects of his game that are admirable - good excellent ball handler, good great defender, ultra-clutch FT shooter. He forces his offense to the team's detriment benefit because the team's in the half court game is so often stagnant, while he's as good an outside shooter and finisher as there is on the team.
Fixed it
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Don't know if this has been considered in this Fatts scenario.

If Carsen Edwards can be a two time all american and light up the NCAA tournament like he did and only be a second rounder, then Fatts is far from getting much of a look from the NBA.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Talk of the draft being pushed back as late as September- I wonder how this will effect players like Fatts.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Don't know if this has been considered in this Fatts scenario.

If Carsen Edwards can be a two time all american and light up the NCAA tournament like he did and only be a second rounder, then Fatts is far from getting much of a look from the NBA.
Correct. He is not getting drafted. I think it is more likely he goes to another college or plays overseas potentially. He has and should have a strong connection to Cox which is the only thing that might make him return. A lot of these smaller guards are great college players, but not built for the NBA. How about Tyson Wheeler. Tyson was a better player than Fatts ever was, but too small for the NBA
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I think Fatts May head overseas. Just a hunch.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago
PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Don't know if this has been considered in this Fatts scenario.

Correct. He is not getting drafted. I think it is more likely he goes to another college or plays overseas potentially. He has and should have a strong connection to Cox which is the only thing that might make him return. A lot of these smaller guards are great college players, but not built for the NBA. How about Tyson Wheeler. Tyson was a better player than Fatts ever was, but too small for the NBA
His best chance to go to the NBA is coming back, leading us to the NCAA tournament and being a star in it. Get drafted in the second round and go from there. Get him in the G-League and put up good numbers, you'll get a shot. Like Xavier and Jared.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I think Fatts May head overseas. Just a hunch.
I agree. Thought this for a while. He’d do very well for himself there. I believe his brother plays overseas and Fatts has a good idea of how things are.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I said something similar yesterday, but with a tweak. If he was assured a G League spot (assuming they are playing next season) I could see him opting to start his pro career and jump into the G league versus returning to a team that may be a middling A10 squad (assuming transfers can't play).
0 x