Tyrese Martin (URI ---> UConn)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Re: Tyrese Martin

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

These things are going to happen, DC. It happened to LaSalle just a few days ago, no?

I hope that is the last of it, however.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago P5’s started calling.

He’s going BIG.

We can’t, not will ever be able to compete.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Based on his IG, simply sounds like he’s being promised bright lights. He certainly has the ability.
Was there tampering?
Oh, I don’t know, but I’m sure people from one circle reached out to his circle.
That's the stuff that both scares me and pisses me off especially if the P5's start back door contacting good players from non P5s. I hate it and it's slimy. It will happen more and more if the sit out period gets waived.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago These things are going to happen, DC. It happened to LaSalle just a few days ago, no?

So now we are LaSalle? Wow have we really started the fall back to mediocrity.
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Based on his IG, simply sounds like he’s being promised bright lights. He certainly has the ability.
No one gives a crap about your reasoning anymore. The team is a mess. Can’t wait for the spin when we sign some average player who you hype up. Don’t worry Cox will get his 5 years. Program has no cash not to keep him
I agree with DCs reasoning...I think he was promised bright lights...now more than ever I hope the NCAA rethinks the no sit out rule. Look what it is doing right now to rosters everywhere.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

The word "process " is code for "kick the can"
0 x
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago

He’s going BIG.

We can’t, nor will ever be able to compete.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

If the new transfer rules happen, I'm expecting more situations like this. Cox (and every other coach, really) will have to re-recruit their entire roster every year. Safe to say he hasn't been successful thus far.
Waitttt so this would be the end of CBB talent out side of P5 + BE? Fuck it, make the tournament have 32 teams then, what does it matter if all the other schools won't ever be able to compete.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

No way did he have a season to warrant BIG P5 teams to come calling.
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago These things are going to happen, DC. It happened to LaSalle just a few days ago, no?

We're Atlantic 10
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

"resemartin
To the University Of Rhode Island, I want to thank all of the rhody fans for all the love and support. I also want to thank the coaching staff for treating me like one of their own and believing in me. But after multiple long conversations with the people in my corner I have decided to to transfer from the school. My decision has nothing to do with the team or coach Cox that’s family and Cox is as great of a coach and father as they come! Im just doing what I feel is best for me. The relationships I have built while being at this university will last a lifetime. Love you all 💙🐏 #4OUT"

OK so if it's not on Cox or the team...it's on the University?

INVEST IN THE GOD DAMN BASKETBALL PROGRAM FOR THE LOVE OF FUCKING GOD SO THAT PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY AND THINK THEY CAN WIN HERE.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

No one gives a crap about your reasoning anymore. The team is a mess. Can’t wait for the spin when we sign some average player who you hype up. Don’t worry Cox will get his 5 years. Program has no cash not to keep him
I agree with DCs reasoning...I think he was promised bright lights...now more than ever I hope the NCAA rethinks the no sit out rule. Look what it is doing right now to rosters everywhere.
I agree with most of this, but it's hard to find other schools (Wichita State is maybe the only one) in as poor shape as URI is right now. The level of what's going on in Kingston isn't happening everywhere.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion.

Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school.

Was never really a fan of the kid.
I know you pride yourself on berating college kids on social media. Now that a lot of us are working remotely maybe you can also do some personal reflection on how to act like an adult man and to not be a complete jerk. No one else here acts like this

Hopefully now I won't have to see you complain about people anymore since now with Rese transferring you will have less ammo. You don't even know where he's ending up, it might surprise you. Have a good day! :lol:

Honestly please just shut the hell up for once.

Oooooh. WOW. Big mistake right there. I'm not the right person to say that to... :lol: :lol: :lol: . I won't shut the hell up. No one like you is going to tell me what to do.
10 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I also called Him out for being too cool for school, not caring, showing no emotion.

Good riddance, honestly I wouldn’t care if he plays 10 minutes a game at his new school.

Was never really a fan of the kid.
I know you pride yourself on berating college kids on social media. Now that a lot of us are working remotely maybe you can also do some personal reflection on how to act like an adult man and to not be a complete jerk. No one else here acts like this

Hopefully now I won't have to see you complain about people anymore since now with Rese transferring you will have less ammo. You don't even know where he's ending up, it might surprise you. Have a good day! :lol:

Honestly please just shut the hell up for once.
Who the hell are you to tell anyone to “shut the hell up”? Oh yeah, I forgot...you are a high school teacher who likes to berate young men on a sports board...Okay yes, I get it tough guy!
12 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

April 15 is three weeks away.

It's going to be a long three weeks.
1 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago
I agree with most of this, but it's hard to find other schools (Wichita State is maybe the only one) in as poor shape as URI is right now. The level of what's going on in Kingston isn't happening everywhere.
Witchita was in a weird spot as well two years ago when they had NINE players leave in a year (six seniors, 2 transfers and one ineligible) and had to replace them with a lot of similarly talented freshmen and incoming freshmen. Created a big logjam of PT and future success.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

thatRamBand wrote: 4 years ago Cox quotes from the article:

“What I’m dealing with now is young men and families and camps who have huge aspirations but do not or refuse to deal with the actual process,” Cox said. “That word now – process or progression, those types of terms – has started to work against you in regards to recruiting some of these top young players.”

“We obviously will have to dive into it as a staff,” Cox said. “We have to continue to look at our recruitment and evaluation of players to make sure that it is the right fit. But there are a few variables that are out of our control.”

“We’ll recruit talent and we’ll recruit character,” Cox said. “The unknown is the desire of the family and the player. That’s the unknown.”

“We are in position to fill out this roster with quality players who fit specific needs,” Cox said. “We’re excited about the core group that’s returning and we’re excited about the incoming freshmen.”
Baron 2.0 didn't seriously drop process twice in that short release. Tell me he didn't do it
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Do we think Fatts is gone now too?

Also, like DC said he wants to go BIG, but how big do we think he can get?

I can’t see him starting at a good P5 school playing 30+ minutes a game.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

So .... we've been talking at length about how bad the new transfer rule will affect non-P5 schools.
And so now it is happening ... and folks are still shocked?

Either change your allegiance to a P5 school or learn to roll with the punches, folks.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I really don’t know, man.

I just don’t know.

And that sucks.

You guys are right, I really do love the staff, and feel horribly for them.

Just wish everything was more transparent.

Hopefully good news is on the way.
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

His corner was basically telling him how small time Rhody is and with the new transfer rule he could go play in a P5 league.

I do blame Cox, but you cant denounce the fact that this new rule is going to fuck things up for mid-majors like us.

Going to have to find a way to persuade not only the player, but their entire corner too.
2 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I'm still not ready to panic just yet, but I admit. If Fatts goes too, I might have to sign off for awhile.

With Fatts, Sheppard, Ish, Wood, Berry, Toppin, Walker, Harris, the twins?, Abou?, and possibly a wing shooter, it's still a fairly powerful team for this conference.

Take away Fatts? Not so much.
4 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago

We're Atlantic 10
When I think A10, LaSalle doesn't even cross my mind. Since they joined the A10 back in 1995 they have had 5 seasons above .500. Sorry if that's how you think of the A10 then we really are all doomed.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago His corner was basically telling him how small time Rhody is and with the new transfer rule he could go play in a P5 league.

I do blame Cox, but you cant denounce the fact that this new rule is going to fuck things up for mid-majors like us.

Going to have to find a way to persuade not only the player, but their entire corner too.
Exactly, sir!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

This really sucks. But it is not unique to URI.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago

We're Atlantic 10
When I think A10, LaSalle doesn't even cross my mind. Since they joined the A10 back in 1995 they have had 5 seasons above .500. Sorry if that's how you think of the A10 then we really are all doomed.
This is me shrugging my shoulders.

2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

I just don’t know.

And that sucks.

DC....this is more of a question for you than a comment...
When you say “staff” are you saying you really love the coaching staff as it is composed currently?

I will tell you, or anyone, I am a big fan of Cox. I am not sure I agree with how the rest of the staff is constituted. The Jury is out in the Carrolls. I don’t think we are getting “bang for the buck” currently with the 2 of them. I don’t know whether Sutton has the recruiting connections we need, but know he is big on leadership. I love TJ but I do not know his strengths and what he brings to the coaching staff.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Go get Alan Griffin and you have an upgrade over Martin. Friends with Toppin. Likely bound for Duke, but maybe Jacob can throw a lifeline out and communicate the immediate impact he'd have on the program.

I didn't think it was a fit yesterday since he's a similar player to Martin, but now...
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

This is so depressing.
1 x
Go Rhody
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago Go get Alan Griffin and you have an upgrade over Martin. Friends with Toppin. Likely bound for Duke, but maybe Jacob can throw a lifeline out and communicate the immediate impact he'd have on the program.

I didn't think it was a fit yesterday since he's a similar player to Martin, but now...
In my Mazz voice "Yea lets go get a kid who is bound for Duke, he would rather come here. Look what we can offer. He can room with his friend."
3 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

While this will certainly hurt Rhody in the short term, this is a much larger issue for me. This flood of transfers these last couple of years is making me less of a fan of the sport. Honestly, while I will continue to watch the tournament, I probably won’t watch as much in the regular season. This AAU culture is ruining the sport. Kids being told they’re the greatest since they were ten years old, jumping from high school to high school or prep school to prep school, many of them being used by adults, in some cases, their own parents .... seedy and sad. Transferring colleges is just a continuation of this. It sure how many games I will attend after my daughters graduate next year. It’s sad, because I like going and attended every home game this past season, plus the Brown game. I also bought three tournament packages.

As for Rhody, one can help what’s going on with the staff, but I’ll leave that to others. I think in the short term, Cox needs to go full Mussellman and hit the transfer portal hard.
5 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago Go get Alan Griffin and you have an upgrade over Martin. Friends with Toppin. Likely bound for Duke, but maybe Jacob can throw a lifeline out and communicate the immediate impact he'd have on the program.

In my Mazz voice "Yea lets go get a kid who is bound for Duke, he would rather come here. Look what we can offer. He can room with his friend."
haha I didn't say it was realistic! No idea what he's looking for, but we do have more PT, a friend, and...okay yeah I'm not sure what else we have to offer.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

The Mazz voice just made my day lol.
4 x
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I just don’t know.

And that sucks.

DC....this is more of a question for you than a comment...
When you say “staff” are you saying you really love the coaching staff as it is composed currently?

I will tell you, or anyone, I am a big fan of Cox. I am not sure I agree with how the rest of the staff is constituted. The Jury is out in the Carrolls. I don’t think we are getting “bang for the buck” currently with the 2 of them. I don’t know whether Sutton has the recruiting connections we need, but know he is big on leadership. I love TJ but I do not know his strengths and what he brings to the coaching staff.
I mean I like them personally. All great people. That’s all.

Treat good people well, they will do good things for you.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago While this will certainly hurt Rhody in the short term, this is a much larger issue for me. This flood of transfers these last couple of years is making me less of a fan of the sport. Honestly, while I will continue to watch the tournament, I probably won’t watch as much in the regular season. This AAU culture is ruining the sport. Kids being told they’re the greatest since they were ten years old, jumping from high school to high school or prep school to prep school, many of them being used by adults, in some cases, their own parents .... seedy and sad. Transferring colleges is just a continuation of this. It sure how many games I will attend after my daughters graduate next year. It’s sad, because I like going and attended every home game this past season, plus the Brown game. I also bought three tournament packages.

As for Rhody, one can help what’s going on with the staff, but I’ll leave that to others. I think in the short term, Cox needs to go full Mussellman and hit the transfer portal hard.
I agree with you. I like college basketball more than any sport. I have so little interest in next years team no matter who they sign. This new rule will ruin college basketball. I’m not sure what any of the assistant coaches are doing? Do any of them build relationships with these players or are we just taking the approach that there is nothing we can do and everyone has an excuse for why they are leaving?
3 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

What can you do? If the NCAA says it's a free for all, there really isn't much you can do to hold someone here. They have to want to be here.
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I'm still not ready to panic just yet, but I admit. If Fatts goes too, I might have to sign off for awhile.

With Fatts, Sheppard, Ish, Wood, Berry, Toppin, Walker, Harris, the twins?, Abou?, and possibly a wing shooter, it's still a fairly powerful team for this conference.

Since Cox took over, the team seems to have lost that “family” feeling and here is my take on it. Cox gave the team reigns to Fatts in order to keep him happy and the downward spiral happened. It should’ve been Jeff and Cyril’s team the last 2 seasons and Fatts needed to accept that or move on. 2 guys with 2 years of experience winning the A10, 2 years of playing with true leaders (EC, JT, Stan, etc.) plus 4 NCAA games under their belts.

He made it about Fatts and now we are paying the price. Guys with the talent of Tyrese don’t want to always take a back seat, especially to a selfish player that will continue to do what he wants even when it’s not working. How many times was Martin open or had the hot hand and Fatts didn’t even try looking for him? Our offense is very static. Why? Nobody wants to get tired running around trying to get open just so 1 guy can keep the ball the whole time then chuck up a prayer.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This is where missing out on NCAA tournament really hurts. Would have been so much different scenario to today.
9 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

You are probably right, 22. But, now there is no choice... good, bad, or ugly... next year is the Fatts show. Enjoy the ride.
Last edited by rhodyfan3000 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago I'm still not ready to panic just yet, but I admit. If Fatts goes too, I might have to sign off for awhile.

I’m personally panicking.

We have ONE significant contributor coming back (as of now) and wouldn’t be shocked if he leaves.

The hashtag #4OUT is exactly like Fatts’ #unoout, whether that’s means anything or not.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago What can you do? If the NCAA says it's a free for all, there really isn't much you can do to hold someone here. They have to want to be here.
You can stop watching and stop going. That is about it.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

I only panic if 1. we lose Fatts. or 2. with 5 open schollys left, we can't score 3 significant contributors by the end of April.

Until then... no panic here
0 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago You are probably right, 22. But, now there is no choice... good, bad, or ugly... next year is the Fatts show. Enjoy the ride.

I know! As much as it would hurt our W/L I wouldn’t be too sad if Fatts left this year also and we could get a good PG transfer to help bridge us over for a year or 2.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

He’s going BIG.

Slimy business.

This sucks.

Which rosters? Look at what's happening now as a "result" of this change:

A10 Teams With 3 Transfers:
URI
UMass

A10 Teams With 2 Transfers:
GW

A10 Teams With 1 Transfer:
Duquesne
George Mason
St Joes
Bonnies

A10 Teams With 0 Transfers
Dayton
Davidson
Fordham
La Salle
St Louis
VCU

Also -

UConn - 1
PC - 0

Now before someone mentions Wichita State's transfer issues to compare them to ours:

1) don't.

Their coach brought them to 7 straight NCAA tournaments, 5 as at large births. Marshall brought them to a final four 7 years ago. Sweet 16 5 years ago, and won a game 3 years ago. They were on the bubble similar to URI this year. I think you can point to this new transfer rule as an issue for them since there's been an established program under him.

All we've seen so far under this new staff is transfers. Enough transfers and pre-graduation departures to fill up an entire (still active) basketball roster. A team with Martin, Tate, and Long could probably win some A-10 games. If the Fatts rumors wind up being substantiated (I thought it was internet bullshit but now I'm REALLLLLLY starting to wonder) - we have crossed into full blown pandemic level disaster.

At some point this is on the coach. Whatever the "reason" is - "handlers" "administration" "bad luck" etc...it's becoming a trend.

Now we're getting into Cox's "guys" that he brought in himself. Not sure if this is on recruiting, or coaching - but if you can't keep the guys you recruited together - what's the point? What was the point of recruiting - Silverio, Hammond, Mading, Tate, Long, etc if you couldn't follow through on what you promised them, couldn't gauge their talent, didn't know who they had around them, etc...

Putting the blame all on the players sounds really familiar - but I'm used to it coming from a mouth with a very large mustache.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

This is emblematic of the millennial generation. Martin is just another entitled, self-absorbed kid who has no sense of team, no sense of commitment, wants everything handed to him on a silver platter. I'm sure many will disagree with my negative take, but that's okay. We'll all entitled to our opinion. Good riddance, Martin. I won't be rooting for you.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago You are probably right, 22. But, now there is no choice... good, bad, or ugly... next year is the Fatts show. Enjoy the ride.

I know! As much as it would hurt our W/L I wouldn’t be too sad if Fatts left this year also and we could get a good PG transfer to help bridge us over for a year or 2.
Cmon. No good transfers are coming to URI. We aren’t going to be able to fill six spots or find anyone who will contribute as much as Fatts. We would bring in someone that couldn’t contribute at another school and had to drop down a level. Wins or loses don’t matter for next year as we aren’t going to the tournament, but we aren’t going to be able to fill six spots if he leaves. I have never seen anything like this. Maybe Cox should get on the phone to the remaining few players today.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago This is emblematic of the millennial generation. Martin is just another entitled, self-absorbed kid who has no sense of team, no sense of commitment, wants everything handed to him on a silver platter. I'm sure many will disagree with my negative take, but that's okay. We'll all entitled to our opinion. Good riddance, Martin. I won't be rooting for you.
Responses like this also tend to sound pretty entitled and self-absorbed. And they are coming from adults! Also Tyrese is Gen Z for the record.
Last edited by adam914 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
8 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm not sure how many noticed the hashtag after his announcement...#4out.....awfully similar to one we saw last week.....#1out....no?
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago

URI
UMass

GW

Duquesne
George Mason
St Joes
Bonnies

Dayton
Davidson
Fordham
La Salle
St Louis
VCU

Also -

UConn - 1
PC - 0

Now before someone mentions Wichita State's transfer issues to compare them to ours:

1) don't.

Their coach brought them to 7 straight NCAA tournaments, 5 as at large births. Marshall brought them to a final four 7 years ago. Sweet 16 5 years ago, and won a game 3 years ago. They were on the bubble similar to URI this year. I think you can point to this new transfer rule as an issue for them since there's been an established program under him.

All we've seen so far under this new staff is transfers. Enough transfers and pre-graduation departures to fill up an entire (still active) basketball roster. A team with Martin, Tate, and Long could probably win some A-10 games. If the Fatts rumors wind up being substantiated (I thought it was internet bullshit but now I'm REALLLLLLY starting to wonder) - we have crossed into full blown pandemic level disaster.

At some point this is on the coach. Whatever the "reason" is - "handlers" "administration" "bad luck" etc...it's becoming a trend.

Now we're getting into Cox's "guys" that he brought in himself. Not sure if this is on recruiting, or coaching - but if you can't keep the guys you recruited together - what's the point? What was the point of recruiting - Silverio, Hammond, Mading, Tate, Long, etc if you couldn't follow through on what you promised them, couldn't gauge their talent, didn't know who they had around them, etc...

Putting the blame all on the players sounds really familiar - but I'm used to it coming from a mouth with a very large mustache.
Why not compare to Wichita?
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

yeah, but that might not mean "#1 has left the building" rather "Fatts out" meaning a signoff.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago

URI
UMass

GW

Duquesne
George Mason
St Joes
Bonnies

Dayton
Davidson
Fordham
La Salle
St Louis
VCU

Also -

UConn - 1
PC - 0

1) don't.

Why not compare to Wichita?
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago

Cmon. No good transfers are coming to URI. We aren’t going to be able to fill six spots or find anyone who will contribute as much as Fatts. We would bring in someone that couldn’t contribute at another school and had to drop down a level. Wins or loses don’t matter for next year as we aren’t going to the tournament, but we aren’t going to be able to fill six spots if he leaves. I have never seen anything like this. Maybe Cox should get on the phone to the remaining few players today.
I understand the challenge of recruiting 6 new players but the spiral started when these 2 things happened:
1) Cox became the head coach
2) Cox gave the team reigns to Fatts

I know Fatts can be a very good player at times but it must be so draining to play on a team with a guy like that. I said I wouldn’t be too sad if he left, not that I want him to leave.
0 x