The David Cox Era

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: The David Cox Era

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0209ewcn5t

We’ve come quite a ways.
If this season holds and we dance - you have to lock up Cox and provide everything you promised Hurley a year too late.

Done being a stepping stone school. INVEST IN THIS PROGRAM ITS WORTH IT.
I'll never understand why the program enhancements were taken off of the table when Dan left, that seemed to indicate a real shortsightedness on the part of those donors. Any program enhancement would have allowed us to have an even better pool of candidates and would have allowed the hired candidate to be set up for better success. Would Cox have been even more successful in recruiting for instance if the practice facility was under construction? Hopefully we get to the tournament and all of the things that were on the table come back
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
reef wrote: 4 years ago I loved when Cox said Rhody was his dream job after DH said UConn was his dream job that said a lot right there
Sorry, but that said nothing. Show me a coach that doesn't say the job they're at is their dream job at the introductory press conference

1 billion percent true.

Coaches ALWAYS say that, they don’t plan on leaving, they’ll be here forever, etc etc.
1 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

So anyways tomorrow night represents a chance for David Cox to put his stamp on the program and make it “his.”

Hurley got his in his 3rd season, beating #21 Nebraska.

Cox gets this opportunity in year 2, in a game that would make URI ranked and all but a tournament team.

Ridiculously important not just for our season - but for a litany of factors including national noise and hopefully a groundswell to push URI into the spotlight and leverage our donors to pony up the cash and give him the contract he will deserve.
15 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago So anyways tomorrow night represents a chance for David Cox to put his stamp on the program and make it “his.”

Cox gets this opportunity in year 2, in a game that would make URI ranked and all but a tournament team.

Ridiculously important not just for our season - but for a litany of factors including national noise and hopefully a groundswell to push URI into the spotlight and leverage our donors to pony up the cash and give him the contract he will deserve.
Regardless of tomorrow’s outcome, I think Cox has already put his stamp on the program: elite defense, selfless offense, and high energy. I presume he recruits players to fit this profile rather that adjust his style to available personnel. Regardless it’s fun to watch when everyone’s bought into the program.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Rhody74 wrote: 4 years ago
Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago So anyways tomorrow night represents a chance for David Cox to put his stamp on the program and make it “his.”

Regardless of tomorrow’s outcome, I think Cox has already put his stamp on the program: elite defense, selfless offense, and high energy. I presume he recruits players to fit this profile rather that adjust his style to available personnel. Regardless it’s fun to watch when everyone’s bought into the program.
Agreed that this is his team 100%.

And just like Danny he’s had some big wins in lower leverage situations (PC, VCU A10 tournament) but a win here is a “thing” - like the game you remember where you were and how everything changed after it.

For Hurley the first ranked win in 14 years. He got the first PC win in 7 years. 1st A10 championship win in 18 years. 1st NCAA win in 19. The milestone games.

Cox has a chance at a major, paradigm shifting win tomorrow.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I find i keep reminding myself this because it’s a team we play every year, (maybe I’m the only one), but we’re playing the SIXTH ranked team in the COUNTRY tomorrow and we have a decent shot to win. It just so happens to be a team in our conference.

Huge huge opportunity.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x
Go Rhody
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes a win tomorrow and we start setting our sites even higher we would be tied for conference and almost assured of an at large and then we could get our highest seed ever
2 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yes a win tomorrow and we start setting our sites even higher we would be tied for conference and almost assured of an at large and then we could get our highest seed ever
This is fact. Still would need to do work a lot of games left. But i believe '18 as a 7 seed was our previous best. Somehow pull off the dub tomorrow and we could be looking at an all great season for Rhody. Just gotta keep them eyes looking foward no distractions and i think Cox is doing a great job at keeping these guys focused.
2 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Honestly, we have a lot of talent, players that are going to be in the top players in program history discussions, but the way Cox has navigated this season and last really has been nothing short of spectacular. I questioned the roster depth earlier this season because I was nervous it would be an issue and I didn't want to see Dowtin and Langevine's senior seasons not live up to potential, but DC has kept this team glued. I got anxious about our stretches of sluggish offense, but DC has built a team that just wins. I don't believe we play down to our competition, I think like any other team we have off nights or off stretches and when we do Coach Cox adjusts and players respond. The way Cox has tackled the transition from assistant to head coach is all sorts of impressive. I'm not jumping the gun here, many of us have knowledge of our coaches going back for decades, this isn't a lightning in a bottle situation, Cox is one of our best coaches. I'm going to email AD Bjorn my thoughts about DC and urge him to get the university to move quickly to enhance Coach Cox's contract, there absolutely needs to be proactivity here. I encourage others to reach out to Thorr as well. DC is going to be a great coach for a long time please let that be here.
9 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice Ram he has been doing a great job this year that’s for sure
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I thought last year against WVU was his first big win, because at that time I thought it was an important early win proving you can run with "the big dogs".
If we win tonight, it will be one of the biggest statement games I've seen since that Nebraska game, and the only reason I think Nebraska was bigger was because it was truly the turning moment from bringing us out of the basement.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I thought last year against WVU was his first big win, because at that time I thought it was an important early win proving you can run with "the big dogs".
If we win tonight, it will be one of the biggest statement games I've seen since that Nebraska game, and the only reason I think Nebraska was bigger was because it was truly the turning moment from bringing us out of the basement.
Fair - but WVU wasn't ranked, and they were missing their best player. That also wasn't a year where we said we have the talent to be an NCAA team.

The culmination of this winning streak, our NCAA implications, who Dayton is as an opponent, and the national focus on this game - that's a statement.

This win would send shockwaves through college basketball, put us on every AP voters ballot, and be an eyebrow raiser for the selection committee.

Plus - when you look at milestones that Hurley accomplished...time was a huge factor. We hadn't signed a top 50 recruit or top 100 recruit since Odom. We hadn't beaten a ranked team in almost 2 decades. We hadn't beaten a "good" P5 team in a decade. We hadn't beat PC in almost a decade. We hadn't won an A10 title in almost 2 decades. Hadn't been to the NCAA. Hadn't won a game. Hurley even had the advantage of knocking VCU off the "pole" for who runs the A10 conference.

Since Dan blazed that trail, Dave's similar accomplishments don't get diminished per se - but they don't stand out as much. The recruiting wins. Beating PC. Beating P5 teams. To Dan's credit he did it first, and to Dave's credit he continued to uphold the high standards of a now built and competitive program. The only "milestones" we can look at for Dave to accomplish now are what Danny didn't do; Sweet 16. Elite 8. Final Four. Etc. Top 10 wins. OOC tournament wins. Take up the baton from Dan and take us even further.

Dan never beat a top 10 team. Neither did Harrick (NCAAT notwitstanding). To be completely honest, this would one of the biggest, if not the biggest regular season wins in URI basketball history.

Dan climbed a lot of mountains here but this is one he didn't. That's what I mean when I say Dave could make this program "his" and leave his mark.

LETS FUCKING GO AND GET THIS GOD DAMN WIN.
11 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago I thought last year against WVU was his first big win, because at that time I thought it was an important early win proving you can run with "the big dogs".
Fair - but WVU wasn't ranked, and they were missing their best player. That also wasn't a year where we said we have the talent to be an NCAA team.

The culmination of this winning streak, our NCAA implications, who Dayton is as an opponent, and the national focus on this game - that's a statement.

This win would send shockwaves through college basketball, put us on every AP voters ballot, and be an eyebrow raiser for the selection committee.

Plus - when you look at milestones that Hurley accomplished...time was a huge factor. We hadn't signed a top 50 recruit or top 100 recruit since Odom. We hadn't beaten a ranked team in almost 2 decades. We hadn't beaten a "good" P5 team in a decade. We hadn't beat PC in almost a decade. We hadn't won an A10 title in almost 2 decades. Hadn't been to the NCAA. Hadn't won a game. Hurley even had the advantage of knocking VCU off the "pole" for who runs the A10 conference.

Since Dan blazed that trail, Dave's similar accomplishments don't get diminished per se - but they don't stand out as much. The recruiting wins. Beating PC. Beating P5 teams. To Dan's credit he did it first, and to Dave's credit he continued to uphold the high standards of a now built and competitive program. The only "milestones" we can look at for Dave to accomplish now are what Danny didn't do; Sweet 16. Elite 8. Final Four. Etc. Top 10 wins. OOC tournament wins. Take up the baton from Dan and take us even further.

Dan never beat a top 10 team. Neither did Harrick (NCAAT notwitstanding). To be completely honest, this would one of the biggest, if not the biggest regular season wins in URI basketball history.

Dan climbed a lot of mountains here but this is one he didn't. That's what I mean when I say Dave could make this program "his" and leave his mark.

Our only top 10 win was in the tournament against Kansas right?

I think this has the potential to be the biggest win in program history.

For these reasons.

We would win on the road against the 6th ranked team who has the best player in the country. Just this fact alone I think would make it the most impressive regular season win we have ever had.

We would basically clinch a tournament berth.

3 bids in four years while enduring a coaching change!

We make the tournament this year I cant imagine us missing it next year with Sheppard, and the freshman joining with Fatts and company.
4 out of five years going to the dance.

Cox=God

Our program would then be at the highest level it's ever been.

This is all more or less accomplished with a win tonight.

Let's do something great tonight.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago

For these reasons.

We would win on the road against the 6th ranked team who has the best player in the country. Just this fact alone I think would make it the most impressive regular season win we have ever had.

We make the tournament this year I cant imagine us missing it next year with Sheppard, and the freshman joining with Fatts and company.

Cox=God

Sheesh, laying it on pretty thick, eh?
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

For these reasons.

Cox=God

It was noted earlier (in the Dayton game thread maybe?) that URI hasn't beaten a top 10 team in the regular season since 1966. Looking up the past schedule for 1965-66, Providence was in the top 10 both times the two met, each team won on the road, Providence by 7 at Keaney and Rhody returned the favor and then some winning by 23 at Providence. Both teams made the tourney that year, both losing in the first round (Rhody to Davidson, PC to St. Joe's).
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

For these reasons.

Cox=God

It was noted earlier (in the Dayton game thread maybe?) that URI hasn't beaten a top 10 team in the regular season since 1966. Looking up the past schedule for 1965-66, Providence was in the top 10 both times the two met, each team won on the road, Providence by 7 at Keaney and Rhody returned the favor and then some winning by 23 at Providence. Both teams made the tourney that year, both losing in the first round (Rhody to Davidson, PC to St. Joe's).

Thank you Don Kaull!
1 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Don Kaull taught me how to shoot free throws. Love him. I know it's boring when someone tells the same story many times, but that guy is special. I was a mediocre athlete at best (a bad athlete lol), Don used to host a little pick-up thing to give us local high school playaz some extra coaching etc., he spent real time with me, saw my desire to get better, when my coaches really didn't. Also taught me the benefits of a good hook shot for an undersized forward, I had a bad handle, no guard action for me. No swatting a hook shot, I could get that off over guys 6 inches taller than me.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Don Kaull taught me how to shoot free throws. Love him. I know it's boring when someone tells the same story many times, but that guy is special. I was a mediocre athlete at best (a bad athlete lol), Don used to host a little pick-up thing to give us local high school playaz some extra coaching etc., he spent real time with me, saw my desire to get better, when my coaches really didn't. Also taught me the benefits of a good hook shot for an undersized forward, I had a bad handle, no guard action for me. No swatting a hook shot, I could get that off over guys 6 inches taller than me.
We could use some Don Kaull hook shots over Obi Toppin tonight.

Let's get our collective Don Kaulls on in Dayton Ohio!
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Don Kaull taught me how to shoot free throws. Love him. I know it's boring when someone tells the same story many times, but that guy is special. I was a mediocre athlete at best (a bad athlete lol), Don used to host a little pick-up thing to give us local high school playaz some extra coaching etc., he spent real time with me, saw my desire to get better, when my coaches really didn't. Also taught me the benefits of a good hook shot for an undersized forward, I had a bad handle, no guard action for me. No swatting a hook shot, I could get that off over guys 6 inches taller than me.
Don is hands down one of the kindest people I’ve met in all of Rhody Hoops. This is a great story!
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Don's a great guy. He used to come in to where I used to work. Of course I knew who he was so I'd start talking Rhody hoops with him. After that, whenever he came in, he'd bring me a piece of Rhody gear, some really nice stuff, including a nice zip up Rhody football sweatshirt. He always took time to talk to me about what was going on with the program. I'm retired now, so I miss our conversations.
4 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Yeah, he really is, Don and his equally kind wife gave us the run of his home, basketball court and all, whether any Kaull was home or not, just show up and swim, play hoops whatever, if I lived in his neighborhood I would have been there everyday, as it was as soon as we got our licenses to drive I was there with groups of kids often.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Yeah, he really is, Don and his equally kind wife gave us the run of his home, basketball court and all, whether any Kaull was home or not, just show up and swim, play hoops whatever, if I lived in his neighborhood I would have been there everyday, as it was as soon as we got our licenses to drive I was there with groups of kids often.
He lives a mile or so from me in Portsmouth.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
Don is hands down one of the kindest people I’ve met in all of Rhody Hoops. This is a great story!
Hall of Famer of life, that guy.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Billyboy I grew up maybe 4 or 5 miles from where you live, cool cool. And I use the company you retired from to service some of my professional equipment, they do good work still lol
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Emailed Thorr today in support of contract enhancements for Coach Cox, wanted to send it before tonight's game, win or lose tonight, we can't let a coach like him get away.
anyone interested can email him at
tbjorn@uri.edu
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

David Cox was just on ESPNU radio this morning. I was just turning on the radio as he left and only heard the wrap up. Anyone catch the interview or know a way to hear the rewind on it? I only heard the announcers mention how the A-10 is going to get three bids most likely.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Emailed Thorr today in support of contract enhancements for Coach Cox, wanted to send it before tonight's game, win or lose tonight, we can't let a coach like him get away.
anyone interested can email him at
tbjorn@uri.edu
Any second thoughts on your email?
Will be an interesting next 7 days with UMASS and A10
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... 0209ewcn5t

We’ve come quite a ways.
He's totally earned it. This is what I like to see. Someone up for an award, and you aren't scratching your head as to why they are up for the award.

Heck, he should win it outright if we manage to get to the second week.
And 3 weeks later?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

For these reasons.

Cox=God

Sheesh, laying it on pretty thick, eh?
Not even a month later, have thoughts changed a smidgen?
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Poignant comments, ramster. In the world of cliches', "don't count your chickens before they hatch" and "he who laughs last, laughs the best", the latter is a favorite of UConn and PC fans.
2 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Another transfer out of the program. I'm really starting to worry about the path we're on.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Have you seen what is happing with Wichita State? I guess the grass is always greener....
0 x
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

Might want to rename this thread "The Revolving Door Era"
1 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Ramrod wrote: 4 years ago Might want to rename this thread "The Revolving Door Era"
At some point we need new people to come in for the door to stay revolving. Right now it's more like "Running for the exits."
2 x
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago
Ramrod wrote: 4 years ago Might want to rename this thread "The Revolving Door Era"
At some point we need new people to come in for the door to stay revolving. Right now it's more like "Running for the exits."
I guess you could count Walker and Shephard as guys who came in the transfer route.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The players coming in the door and then going out have not been capable of attaining starting line up minutes. It’s just that simple. Our recruiting quality has dropped significantly.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’d question if Russell took huge steps, he is certainly capable of huge games like West Virginia, but in the crucial last 7 games when we went from NCAA lock to outside looking in Russell struggled as teams adjusted to him. Opposing coaches adjusted to Russell driving the lane. 30% FG shooting is low, especially when said player takes the most shots of anyone on the team.

For URI's last 7 Games - Russells Performance:
We lost 4 of our last 7 games
  • 35.7 minutes per game
  • 30-100 FG for 30%
  • 11-38 3P for 28.9%
  • 26-36 FT for 72.2%
  • 13.9 Points per Game
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago I’d question if Russell took huge steps, he is certainly capable of huge games like West Virginia, but in the crucial last 7 games when we went from NCAA lock to outside looking in Russell struggled as teams adjusted to him. Opposing coaches adjusted to Russell driving the lane. 30% FG shooting is low, especially when said player takes the most shots of anyone on the team.

For URI's last 7 Games - Russells Performance:
We lost 4 of our last 7 games
  • 35.7 minutes per game
  • 30-100 FG for 30%
  • 11-38 3P for 28.9%
  • 26-36 FT for 72.2%
  • 13.9 Points per Game
...too lazy to look, but...did anyone on the team put up 'better' stats over those last 7 games? (first guess is 'nay')
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It was a 2-edged sword when it comes to Fatts the last 7 games.

Teams adjusted to him and we did not adjust in return. Coaching,

Fatts himself was worn down, no doubt.

No depth to help him.

Cox gets some of the blame, but not all.

No team depth due to injuries and transfers. Injuries couldn't be helped. Transfers, or at least some of them, could.

Every team has bench players. Most accept their roles and are team players.

Ours, for some reason, didn't and weren't.

No loyalty to this team, school, and coach. And that's bad, and if it continues, we're screwed at least in the short term until changes are made to the staff.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

As for the level of recruit Cox has been bringing in, it's either an overestimation of talent, or the lack of development of said recruit once they're here.

Or a combination of both.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

One thing we do know is they are not moving on to bigger and better things.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Do we think that every kid that enters the portal has a destination (or maybe some 'definite safety' destinations) in mind? That would seem to make sense, but not sure if that would overtax today's player's patience and look-ahead planning capabilities?* Is there any kind of Players in the Portal ranking system - with possible destinations - out there...like they have for HS recruits? There should be...

*ETA: Not being critical of the kids...when I was 18-22, what I considered "the future"....was an extremely short time span.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote: 4 years ago One thing we do know is they are not moving on to bigger and better things.
For sure, the "Hurley Era" at URI is becoming a distant but fond memory.

We are in danger of becoming irrevelent.

Again.
1 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

HUH ?

Year 1.....18-15 [9-9].....Lost four starters and 6th man. I would have considered it a rebuild.
Year 2.....21-9 [13-5].....Added a few pieces, and finished 3rd in conference, We did fade at year end.

Not enough quality on the bench.
No back up guards.

My favorite.....dribble to the left and HANDOFF. Dribble to the right and HANDOFF. Then step out and look for an open three in the corners. If none go into a 1950s weave or drive.....over and over, and over again, all season. The conference coaches figured out how to stop that.

Big picture we are relevant, but we have coaches who are still learning.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

CTRamfan wrote: 4 years ago HUH ?

Year 1.....18-15 [9-9].....Lost four starters and 6th man. I would have considered it a rebuild.
Year 2.....21-9 [13-5].....Added a few pieces, and finished 3rd in conference, We did fade at year end.

Not enough quality on the bench.
No back up guards.

My favorite.....dribble to the left and HANDOFF. Dribble to the right and HANDOFF. Then step out and look for an open three in the corners. If none go into a 1950s weave or drive.....over and over, and over again, all season. The conference coaches figured out how to stop that.

Big picture we are relevant, but we have coaches who are still learning.
Year 3 should be a bid then right?
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

There is no question that Cox has done some good things and should be given more of a chance. These 4 open spots are very important as we don’t have even a top 5 A-10 team at this point. Can that change? Yes, but these next 4 spots including big men and shooters are a must. The one thing I do know is that we will find out over the next three years because the way URI operates unless we go 5-25 David Cox will be here the full five years. URI is too cheap and doesn’t have the money to fire a coach unless it is on Jerry D level which I don’t expect. I hope we land Berry, a shooter, a center and less realistic being Odisupe. Getting both Berry, Odisupe and most important a 3 point shooter would help turn the hopes around. We will see.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago There is no question that Cox has done some good things and should be given more of a chance. These 4 open spots are very important as we don’t have even a top 5 A-10 team at this point. Can that change? Yes, but these next 4 spots including big men and shooters are a must. The one thing I do know is that we will find out over the next three years because the way URI operates unless we go 5-25 David Cox will be here the full five years. URI is too cheap and doesn’t have the money to fire a coach unless it is on Jerry D level which I don’t expect. I hope we land Berry, a shooter, a center and less realistic being Odisupe. Getting both Berry, Odisupe and most important a 3 point shooter would help turn the hopes around. We will see.
I don’t think that’s correct. He gets next year and most likely the year after. I could see them making a change if we don’t dance in 4 years. When have we had a coach actually coach out his contract and part ways?
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago
RamStock wrote: 4 years ago There is no question that Cox has done some good things and should be given more of a chance. These 4 open spots are very important as we don’t have even a top 5 A-10 team at this point. Can that change? Yes, but these next 4 spots including big men and shooters are a must. The one thing I do know is that we will find out over the next three years because the way URI operates unless we go 5-25 David Cox will be here the full five years. URI is too cheap and doesn’t have the money to fire a coach unless it is on Jerry D level which I don’t expect. I hope we land Berry, a shooter, a center and less realistic being Odisupe. Getting both Berry, Odisupe and most important a 3 point shooter would help turn the hopes around. We will see.
I don’t think that’s correct. He gets next year and most likely the year after. I could see them making a change if we don’t dance in 4 years. When have we had a coach actually coach out his contract and part ways?
AL SKinner
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano