Ticket renewal

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Ticket renewal

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Did anyone else get an email this morning? Talk about awful timing. I am going to let it sit and then ask The Ryan Center people what are they planning on doing to make my experience better. Obviously they can't control the team but they can control all our other frustrations.
Last edited by Rhodyhooopz 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Re: Ticket renewal

Unread post by ram1980 »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago Did anyone else get an email this morning? Talk about awful timing. I ma going to let it sit and then ask The Ryan Center people what are they planning on doing to make my experience better. Obviously they can't control the team but they can control all our other frustrations.
just got it... clueless.. brass balls to boot..
3 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I got it too. Can they just let me get over this year for a week or two before they hit me up for a deposit?
5 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

I feel like you guys are family so see below for my response to Tyler about renewal.

Tyler

I have to say the timing of this email couldn’t have been worse. Less than 12 hours after a crushing defeat that has sent this team off the bubble and heading in the wrong direction.

I honestly am not sure if I am going to renew as of this time.

The schedule for next year does not have any quality OOC home opponents.

Also, what plans does the Ryan Center have to get us fans an experience we should be getting in 2020?
-Cue Live was an epic failure. I got it to work twice the whole season
- what are the plans for improved WIFI or Cell service. The way it is now is a total embarrassment.
- when will we get to see replays on the scoreboard. This technology should already be in place as refs can go to it anytime.
- the out of town scoreboard is still spoken, same way it was done before the internet, instead of putting the score on the scoreboard.
- Stats disappear during game stoppages. When that is the only time we can really look at them. I get it is a marketing opportunity but I am sure you can accommodate both.

This program wants to charge prices like a top level program I think we as consumers should get a top level product and never mind the team but ask yourselves are we giving our customers a top tier product.

Hope you don’t try to read this on your phone during a game or you might have to wait until you leave the Ryan Center to read it.
18 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Well done Rhodyhoopz,,,,,

I think the cell service is key too as you mentioned

One thing to have no Wi-Fi but Cell Service too? Can’t ATT just come in and put in some simple boosters? I find it hard to believe the only solution is $1,000,000. If that’s the case we will live with this for a long time

On replays......
I had no problems with Ref calls vs Dayton. IMHO I think Ref calls balance out. I’m sure they do. That’s why I hate seeing Fatts arguing almost every call. That I think hurts him in the long run with refs. Plus it takes away his focus on the game itself, but,,,,,,,,,that’s for the coaching staff to manage

One play Dayton threw the ball away due to our defensive pressure. It was across from the Dayton bench. Not too far from the half court line. All URI players argued, especially Dowtin. (If Fatts argued I’d yawn). Then Martin argued, etc. I’d love to have seen it on TV. Did they do replays of it? What did announcers say?
Cox went ballastic on Two of the Refs.
It looked like no URI player touched it. Looked like a miss by the Refs.

Now,
If we had replay on the big screen (like we should being a Big Time NCAA Dreaming School) then this play could have been replayed for all the fans to see and boo. Would it change the call? Probably not. But at least it would show the refs they missed it. And knowing so, they might try to give URI the benefit of a 50-50 call later. Probably not, but ???

Replay would have fired up the crowd even more.

I’m at Brown URI football at Brown this year and they have replay.

But worst of all is no communication on what’s being done on anything from Marketing, Ticketing, Facilities..... Tell the fans something, even if it’s just that we hear you but we have no money. That’s far better than zero info.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

The phone thing is really ridiculous. I had a time sensitive work call/voicemail and subsequent text at one game. I then looked like an unresponsive boob to the person trying to get a hold of me. They understood obviously but not being able to get these things is quite frustrating.
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Well done Rhodyhoopz,,,,,

One thing to have no Wi-Fi but Cell Service too? Can’t ATT just come in and put in some simple boosters? I find it hard to believe the only solution is $1,000,000. If that’s the case we will live with this for a long time

On replays......
I had no problems with Ref calls vs Dayton. IMHO I think Ref calls balance out. I’m sure they do. That’s why I hate seeing Fatts arguing almost every call. That I think hurts him in the long run with refs. Plus it takes away his focus on the game itself, but,,,,,,,,,that’s for the coaching staff to manage

One play Dayton threw the ball away due to our defensive pressure. It was across from the Dayton bench. Not too far from the half court line. All URI players argued, especially Dowtin. (If Fatts argued I’d yawn). Then Martin argued, etc. I’d love to have seen it on TV. Did they do replays of it? What did announcers say?

Now,
If we had replay on the big screen (like we should being a Big Time NCAA Dreaming School) then this play could have been replayed for all the fans to see and boo. Would it change the call? Probably not. But at least it would show the refs they missed it. And knowing so, they might try to give URI the benefit of a 50-50 call later. Probably not, but ???

But worst of all is no communication on what’s being done on anything from Marketing, Ticketing, Facilities..... Tell the fans something, even if it’s just that we hear you but we have no money. That’s far better than zero info.
With a play like that throw away, there is no way they would show that on replay in the arena.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago

On replays......

Now,

With a play like that throw away, there is no way they would show that on replay in the arena.
Who wouldn’t show it? Who would make that decision?

These kinds of plays are shown to world wide audiences on NFL games all the time. They are shown on twitter instantaneously.

I saw a controversial call on the Brown University screen.

But either way, then don’t show it, I have no idea why you wouldn’t.

Then maybe Cox shouldn’t argue the call either. He might step on the Refs toes
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago

On replays......

Now,

Who wouldn’t show it? Who would make that decision?

These kinds of plays are shown to world wide audiences on NFL games all the time. They are shown on twitter instantaneously.

I saw a controversial call on the Brown University screen.

But either way, then don’t show it, I have no idea why you wouldn’t.

Then maybe Cox shouldn’t argue the call either. He might step on the Refs toes
I would think if it’s a non reviewable + controversial play they wouldn’t put it up there. MLB / NFL show plays that are under review.
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

I'm glad the see I'm not the only one who was shocked with the timing of the season ticket renewals. Rhodyhooopz your email was perfect. Would love to hear the response if there is one. It seems like every year they push the timing of the renewal up to the point that we might be a year ahead pretty soon. This one was absolutely timed horribly with the direction the season is currently going. They need to let us all decompress after a season and then decide if we want to renew. I've been doing this 23 years and don't have plans to stop now but the wounds of this season are still raw. If they are so set in doing early renewals now compared to how it was done in the past I feel setting a date of May 1st would be much better with the initial email coming out right after the NCAA tournament ends.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I would just really like to know what happened to the NCAA dollars. What has changed around BASKETBALL? Football was lucky enough to have the generosity of 2 donors to step up and get us lights and a field - so the money didn't go there.

By my count we've been getting an extra $520k per year since 2018, and the extra $260k from the year before?

We've flown charters for more games - is it all? Did we increase the assistant coaches pool? Where's our practice facility?

Why were all of these things promised at the 11th hour when Hurley was already gone, but we're not willing to invest in the program regardless?

Our big donors have done a lot for this university, and this program. They can do what they want with their money.

I just don't understand why they were willing to invest in the program 2 years ago to take it to the "next level" which is honestly the bare minimum level we need to be at to be consistently competitive, and not now.

Had they invested when the program turned around, Hurley doesn't leave. Say Cox turns things around this year. Say he is really "the guy" - are we going to wait until he's out the door before we support this program properly? Or if Cox isn't the guy - are we going to continue to do NOTHING to better our whole program until Mr Wonderful comes along? Then we'll keep doing this song and dance in perpetuity until we all die of mediocrity poisoning.

If we want to be a legitimate PROGRAM for once in our history, we need to invest in the PROGRAM. We did that once. We got the Ryan Center. We haven't done it since, and another February swoon has lead us right back to our familiar purgatory.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

TREMENDOUS response, Rhodyhoopz! Please let us know if you get a reply (but I'm not holding my breath).

Question - is next year's OOC schedule locked down, and if so is it really weak?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Are the donors and inside guys the only fans that receive transparency about the above issues? Everything is a secret in Kingston.
0 x
GO RAMS
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Does anyone have the number of season tickets sold for this current season?
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Will "highest revenue in program history" = dollars put back in to the program??
2 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago I would just really like to know what happened to the NCAA dollars. What has changed around BASKETBALL? Football was lucky enough to have the generosity of 2 donors to step up and get us lights and a field - so the money didn't go there.

By my count we've been getting an extra $520k per year since 2018, and the extra $260k from the year before?

We've flown charters for more games - is it all? Did we increase the assistant coaches pool? Where's our practice facility?

Why were all of these things promised at the 11th hour when Hurley was already gone, but we're not willing to invest in the program regardless?

Our big donors have done a lot for this university, and this program. They can do what they want with their money.

I just don't understand why they were willing to invest in the program 2 years ago to take it to the "next level" which is honestly the bare minimum level we need to be at to be consistently competitive, and not now.

Had they invested when the program turned around, Hurley doesn't leave. Say Cox turns things around this year. Say he is really "the guy" - are we going to wait until he's out the door before we support this program properly? Or if Cox isn't the guy - are we going to continue to do NOTHING to better our whole program until Mr Wonderful comes along? Then we'll keep doing this song and dance in perpetuity until we all die of mediocrity poisoning.

If we want to be a legitimate PROGRAM for once in our history, we need to invest in the PROGRAM. We did that once. We got the Ryan Center. We haven't done it since, and another February swoon has lead us right back to our familiar purgatory.
and! what happened to Hurley's buyout of 1M. As a fan base maybe we need to start asking questions blueman has stated above. Where's the money!?
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Would this conversation be a thing if we had beaten Davidson and SLU?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Would this conversation be a thing if we had beaten Davidson and SLU?
No......if we had beaten.....Davidson OR SLU.......and then UMess......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Would this conversation be a thing if we had beaten Davidson and SLU?
It would be eventually but not now.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

Keep in mind that postseason shares and buyouts etc don't go to Athletics.

They go to the university.
1 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I have been asking where all this new found money was going for two years now. URI basketball should have more money via the following: NCAA Tournament payouts, Hurley buyout, lower salary for Cox, increased ticket revenues, and increased sponsorship money. I however have yet to see a significant easily identifiable program enhancement. My only conclusion is there has not been one. I very much get the feeling that instead of investing more in the men's basketball program to maintain future success, the athletic department has chosen to put the money into other programs. It is the only thing that makes sense given we cannot see it being used in the basketball program and Bjorn has never fully addressed where the monies would be spent.

The only publicly known enhancement to men's basketball in the last two years was that Thorr Bjorn increased URI's assistant coaches salary pool by 6.25% to $425,000 when Cox was hired. An increase of $25,000/year is however peanuts and these assistants still make far less than that of most peers. Some additional money could be going toward John Carroll in his new role this season. It is unclear as this new position has never been fully explained. My guess is that Austin Carroll and TJ Buchanan combined make less than previous counterparts did and the elder now gets the difference. Probably just a redistribution of the salary pool for the most part with little if any extra money being spent.
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Think of it like the RI State "General Fund" - no one really knows where the money goes.

In this state, I wouldn't be surprised if the URI money DOES end up in the general fund!
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago Think of it like the RI State "General Fund" - no one really knows where the money goes.

In this state, I wouldn't be surprised if the URI money DOES end up in the general fund!
I actually had a similar thought to this. It’s too odd and peculiar to me. Gina’s grubby hands maybe.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago I feel like you guys are family so see below for my response to Tyler about renewal.

Tyler

I have to say the timing of this email couldn’t have been worse. Less than 12 hours after a crushing defeat that has sent this team off the bubble and heading in the wrong direction.

I honestly am not sure if I am going to renew as of this time.

The schedule for next year does not have any quality OOC home opponents.

Also, what plans does the Ryan Center have to get us fans an experience we should be getting in 2020?
-Cue Live was an epic failure. I got it to work twice the whole season
- what are the plans for improved WIFI or Cell service. The way it is now is a total embarrassment.
- when will we get to see replays on the scoreboard. This technology should already be in place as refs can go to it anytime.
- the out of town scoreboard is still spoken, same way it was done before the internet, instead of putting the score on the scoreboard.
- Stats disappear during game stoppages. When that is the only time we can really look at them. I get it is a marketing opportunity but I am sure you can accommodate both.

This program wants to charge prices like a top level program I think we as consumers should get a top level product and never mind the team but ask yourselves are we giving our customers a top tier product.

Hope you don’t try to read this on your phone during a game or you might have to wait until you leave the Ryan Center to read it.
Rhodyhoopz,

Some things I would add after having visited the Mullins Center Saturday Night:
- WIFI Perfect
- No Issues with Cell Service
- Beer can be purchased and brought to seats
- Cup Holders for each seat
- Replays frequently shown on all 3 Video Display Boards
- Statistics Never Blocked by Advertisements on Displays
- Audio System worked very well

Once again, URI did not play their full allotment allowed of 31 games. How confident are we that next season we will play the maximum allowed number of games?

Why can Dayton, St Louis, Richmond and other Top A10 teams always seem to play the maximum number of games but URI cannot?

Everyone played 31 games in the A10 this Season except for 5 teams:
Conference Finish:
- 3rd URI - 30
- 5th Duquesne - 30
- 7th Davidson - 30
- 10th Lasalle - 30
- 13th Fordham - 30
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

On replays......

Now,

Ramster I was at the game and suffered through it a second time when i got home and watched the recording. I know the play you are speaking of. I’m not sure what Cox was arguing for, but the Dayton player clearly travelled twice before throwing the ball away. The announcers got a chuckle over it.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Regarding maximum games and OOC...........get an easy cupcake win.......give Bryant a look.....need early confidence boost next year.......why not BU, Northeastern, other NEC steams......? Strength of schedule takes beating, but is that a concern for next year......?
Last edited by section(105) 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Ticket renewal update.......

4 days and no response. That's just not good business.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago Regarding maximum games and OOC...........get an easy cupcake win.......give Bryant a look.....need early confidence boost next year.......why not BU, Northeastern, other NEC steams......? Strength of schedule takes beating, but is that a concern for next year......?
31 games is a concern for next year because this is not the first year this has happened to URI

I defer to RF1 on this because he is on top of it year after year. Shorting the number of games is relatively common at URI
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

There a lot of games to be scheduled OOC for next season....maybe even more than normal at this point.

Cox has a full plate in front of him, and soon.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago There a lot of games to be scheduled OOC for next season....maybe even more than normal at this point.

22-9 looks better than 21-9 at the selection time of year. Richmond looks good at 24-7 which equals 31 games
1C2E4F0F-2BF1-40C4-A4C1-DC469D6744C9.png
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Need more 🧁🧁🧁
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago There a lot of games to be scheduled OOC for next season....maybe even more than normal at this point.

22-9 looks better than 21-9 at the selection time of year. Richmond looks good at 24-7 which equals 31 games

1C2E4F0F-2BF1-40C4-A4C1-DC469D6744C9.png
That is the question. For me it depends on if the 31st game brings value. Will a 22nd win over the 350th team in NET do anything for us? It's probably no different than being 21-9. If we do play the max I want one more Q1 or Q2 team.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I don’t really care what level team it is. I’ll leave that to the Coaching Staff

Just be like the other 9 A10 Teams and play 31
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

The amount of games is my other issue with renewing early which I didn't even think about when I posted in this thread last week. They have us renew now with no clue of the schedule and charge us for a certain number of games. If we don't get that many home games they aren't standing at the door giving us a refund on day 1. The average ticket price just rises and we have to accept it. I know 2 years ago this happened to us. Last year they were scrambling last minute to get a game to replace one lost from the tournament they were in. Just another big reason we shouldn't be asked to renew so early.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

bpaz11 wrote: 4 years ago The amount of games is my other issue with renewing early which I didn't even think about when I posted in this thread last week. They have us renew now with no clue of the schedule and charge us for a certain number of games. If we don't get that many home games they aren't standing at the door giving us a refund on day 1. The average ticket price just rises and we have to accept it. I know 2 years ago this happened to us. Last year they were scrambling last minute to get a game to replace one lost from the tournament they were in. Just another big reason we shouldn't be asked to renew so early.
I didn’t renew my tickets, but have always gotten them as more of another donation or helping the university. You can get tickets easily even on a high volume year for individual games that are very good seats or get season tickets the day of the game. There really is no rush to renew outside of probably the people that have the top seats in the arena and money is no issue. I got extra seats in my section 211 for several games that other friends or family went to. They need you to lock up season tickets a lot more than you need to rush to put down a deposit or you will lose your tickets. The situation looks much bleaker next year with returning team and the schedule.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

bpaz11 wrote: 4 years ago The amount of games is my other issue with renewing early which I didn't even think about when I posted in this thread last week. They have us renew now with no clue of the schedule and charge us for a certain number of games. If we don't get that many home games they aren't standing at the door giving us a refund on day 1. The average ticket price just rises and we have to accept it. I know 2 years ago this happened to us. Last year they were scrambling last minute to get a game to replace one lost from the tournament they were in. Just another big reason we shouldn't be asked to renew so early.
Been saying this for 2 years- especially the part abt the cost / # of games. For many it’s not a “donation” but it’s where they like to spend their entertainment $.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

So, honestly, and no disrespect to anyone on this Board, I don’t see it as a value driven decision.

We get our seats to support the team. There is only 2 of us, but we buy 4 tickets to support URI MBB.

And yes we have already renewed for next year...whether the team is good or mediocre, because as soon as we all start balling out you can guarantee the team will be less than good.
3 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago Ticket renewal update.......

Maybe his computer has the coronavirus.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago So, honestly, and no disrespect to anyone on this Board, I don’t see it as a value driven decision.

We get our seats to support the team. There is only 2 of us, but we buy 4 tickets to support URI MBB.

And yes we have already renewed for next year...whether the team is good or mediocre, because as soon as we all start balling out you can guarantee the team will be less than good.
Makes sense, and I agree with you,

However, this can lead to complacency whereby the Ticketing/Marketing group does not listen as well as they should.
We need to continue to improve the game experience, so how do we fix things if we always sign up as if a donation?

Replays
Improved food
Reduced food prices
Beer in seats
Cup holders in seats
31 games per year
CUE or things like it that work
Improved audio sound system
Wi-Fi fixed
Cell phone reception fixed
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Any response yet Rhodyhoopz? I put together my list for your info, thank you for following up.

1. Why can’t we have Replays on the video board? UMASS does frequent replays on 3 video boards in Mullins Center
2. Why doesn’t WiFi work in the Ryan Center? Worked perfect in Mullins Center. UConn just recently fixed their Wi-Fi system. What is the plan going forward?
3. Why is cell phone reception so bad? Can’t receive or send text messages, do FaceTime live videos, etc. no issues at Mullins Center. What is the plan to address this?
4. The audio system does not work well. It is very difficult to make out what the announcer is saying. Mullins Audio system was excellent. What are the plans to address this long-standing issue?
5. Why was CUE such a failure? What were the root causes for the failure? Will this be in place in 2020-21 too? What is being done to fix CUE?
6. Quality of food is low compared to the high prices charged. What can be done to improve food and reduce prices. At least if food is poor, then lower prices accordingly. Any plans to improve food and pricing in future?
7. The beer areas in the Ryan Center have no atmosphere, prices are high, lines are long a dismal experience. Mullins Center on the UMASS campus allows beer in seats. When can we have Beer in seats?
8. Mullins has cup holders in seats. Can we request this enhancement?
9. Why can’t we get the max 31 games per year?
10. Can the Marketing / Ticketing provide responses to these issues / opportunities to improve?

In addition:
1. Will we get reimbursed the full amount of the A10 Tickets? What do we need to do to get our money back? Or will the money be credited back automatically?
2. Will we get reimbursed for the VIP Passes purchased for entry to the pregame events? What do we need to do to get our money back? Or will the money be credited back automatically?

Thanks
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I am happy to report that I went thru this entire season without ever learning what CUE is or refers to. Is this the security line outside the building?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago So, honestly, and no disrespect to anyone on this Board, I don’t see it as a value driven decision.

Makes sense, and I agree with you,

However, this can lead to complacency whereby the Ticketing/Marketing group does not listen as well as they should.
We need to continue to improve the game experience, so how do we fix things if we always sign up as if a donation?

Replays
Improved food
Reduced food prices
Beer in seats
Cup holders in seats
31 games per year
CUE or things like it that work
Improved audio sound system
Wi-Fi fixed
Cell phone reception fixed
It definitely leads to complacency- knowing a certain # of accounts will be renewed regardless of on court product or fan experience. Changes will only be made when customers who have cut a check in previous seasons step up and say they are not renewing + most importantly give their reasons.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Any response yet Rhodyhoopz? I put together my list for your info, thank you for following up.

1. Why can’t we have Replays on the video board? UMASS does frequent replays on 3 video boards in Mullins Center
2. Why doesn’t WiFi work in the Ryan Center? Worked perfect in Mullins Center. UConn just recently fixed their Wi-Fi system. What is the plan going forward?
3. Why is cell phone reception so bad? Can’t receive or send text messages, do FaceTime live videos, etc. no issues at Mullins Center. What is the plan to address this?
4. The audio system does not work well. It is very difficult to make out what the announcer is saying. Mullins Audio system was excellent. What are the plans to address this long-standing issue?
5. Why was CUE such a failure? What were the root causes for the failure? Will this be in place in 2020-21 too? What is being done to fix CUE?
6. Quality of food is low compared to the high prices charged. What can be done to improve food and reduce prices. At least if food is poor, then lower prices accordingly. Any plans to improve food and pricing in future?
7. The beer areas in the Ryan Center have no atmosphere, prices are high, lines are long a dismal experience. Mullins Center on the UMASS campus allows beer in seats. When can we have Beer in seats?
8. Mullins has cup holders in seats. Can we request this enhancement?
9. Why can’t we get the max 31 games per year?
10. Can the Marketing / Ticketing provide responses to these issues / opportunities to improve?

In addition:
1. Will we get reimbursed the full amount of the A10 Tickets? What do we need to do to get our money back? Or will the money be credited back automatically?
2. Will we get reimbursed for the VIP Passes purchased for entry to the pregame events? What do we need to do to get our money back? Or will the money be credited back automatically?

Thanks
I just received an email to get a refund for the A10 pregame festivities. You can elect to receive a full refund or donate it to the Student Need fund.
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

I totally understand your perspective but don’t you think we deserve a product, not counting the team, but a venue that compares to most other arenas in the A10?

That is my issue. Because we want to support the team blindly it allows the Ryan center to get away with not doing what it should to create a guest experience we deserve for the ticket prices we are paying.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago

I totally understand your perspective but don’t you think we deserve a product, not counting the team, but a venue that compares to most other arenas in the A10?

That is my issue. Because we want to support the team blindly it allows the Ryan center to get away with not doing what it should to create a guest experience we deserve for the ticket prices we are paying.
So I guess I’m confused a bit by supporting the Ryan Center and supporting the team. Coach Cox has as one of his metric attendance and Season Tickets sold. In that regard, I see it’s supporting the team.

Do it think we need to address the Ryan Center issues, ABSOLUTELY. I tend to be a doer, and try to get things organized and taken care of. I am more supportive of an organized advocacy group to demand changes from the President and Administration, without having the team sacrifice. This Board would be a very good place to get a group of committed people together to formally petition for a meeting with Dooley to address the issues.
3 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Love

Again I agree with you but may I ask how long you have been around URI basketball? Back in the 90's and early 2000's there used to be a group called the RI Ram Athletic Association(RIRAA), that I was a board member of, that had a clear path to the AD to discuss all things URI sports. this group met monthly and would help the lesser sports with money that the RIRAA raised from donations. It also discussed ways to make the bigger sports better with the AD. I resigned from that board when an AD started going back on the perks that members received for donating certain amounts of money without discussing the changes or making them during the year they were promised.

That group ceased to exist a few years later. Now there is no group that gets to discuss these type of things with the AD and he gets to hide behind the Ryan center management. Good luck with your petition.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

How long ago was that Rhodyhoopz?
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

early 2000's i resigned.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Too bad. I can tell you would be a great member of the board. So would LoveThoseRams.
0 x