2019-20 Women's Basketball

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
SlamRam
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: 2019-20 Women's Basketball

Unread post by SlamRam »

I'm hearing Davida is out for today's game
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

SorrynotSorry wrote: 4 years ago Why is it that the men’s team has a private flight to st bonnie’s and the woman take an 8 hour bus ride???? Title 9 violation?????
They're also not playing on the same day. Not sure how may people fit on these but it's possible it would require four flights The men staying an extra day defeats the purpose of what the donors were trying to do when they gave money for charter flights.

How do you feel about how the team's is doing? You seem pretty negative last year and also this year. Are you and "All In" disgruntled ex-players?

I think there are positive signs:

She's getting better results with the same players
She's getting transfers from bigger conferences which is needed in a short recruiting window as a spring hire.
I heard the incoming freshman is good, hopefully she can get a good freshman class with a full year of recruiting,
People say she has good assistants
They have a great home record
Very promising future
1 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

RAMFAN wrote: 4 years ago
SorrynotSorry wrote: 4 years ago Why is it that the men’s team has a private flight to st bonnie’s and the woman take an 8 hour bus ride???? Title 9 violation?????
They're also not playing on the same day. Not sure how may people fit on these but it's possible it would require four flights The men staying an extra day defeats the purpose of what the donors were trying to do when they gave money for charter flights.
Union
Are you a disgruntled parent ram fan? I have a right to my opinion as well WE as you fool! This is a messsge board . I was one of the earliest supporters of Coach Tammy and she is taking this team where I thought they should of went under Darth Dania and creating the foundation for success for years to come. Under her she will lead URI to the top of the conference and beyond. Tremendous young staff and tremendous chemistry, they are surpassing expectations right now at have a legitimate shot at post season bid (nit)
Too bad they hit this bump in the road today but they almost pulled it off. Here is my opinion: when this team moves the ball and runs their sets they are unstoppable. No one had Jorgensen or the high low that we have. Moffit hurt us today and couldn’t contain their guard who blew by her time after time. I’d rather see URI go big, they seem to be a stronger team defensively then and the ball moves better. Just my opinion , take it or leave it! At least we are in the mix now with Tammy and crew and the future is bright!

How do you feel about how the team's is doing? You seem pretty negative last year and also this year. Are you and "All In" disgruntled ex-players?

She's getting transfers from bigger conferences which is needed in a short recruiting window as a spring hire.
I heard the incoming freshman is good, hopefully she can get a good freshman class with a full year of recruiting,
Very promising future
0 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

All In wrote: 4 years ago
RAMFAN wrote: 4 years ago
Union
Are you a disgruntled parent ram fan? I have a right to my opinion as well WE as you fool! This is a messsge board . I was one of the earliest supporters of Coach Tammy and she is taking this team where I thought they should of went under Darth Dania and creating the foundation for success for years to come. Under her she will lead URI to the top of the conference and beyond. Tremendous young staff and tremendous chemistry, they are surpassing expectations right now at have a legitimate shot at post season bid (nit)
Too bad they hit this bump in the road today but they almost pulled it off. Here is my opinion: when this team moves the ball and runs their sets they are unstoppable. No one had Jorgensen or the high low that we have. Moffit hurt us today and couldn’t contain their guard who blew by her time after time. I’d rather see URI go big, they seem to be a stronger team defensively then and the ball moves better. Just my opinion , take it or leave it! At least we are in the mix now with Tammy and crew and the future is bright!

Very promising future
You have a right to your opinion as do I,.As you said, it's a message board. Everyone's entitled to their opinions and everyone is entitles to disagree .

You didn't disagree on the disgruntled ex-player part.
1 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

For the record, my issue it more with "Sorry not sorry" more than you. You both seem to be angry ex-players with similar writing styles (poor grammar)

Disclaimer: My Grammar sucks as well. I went into accounting. You two take it to a different level. I hope you didn't graduate from URI, It's embarrasing
3 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

And it's Tammi
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

They were playing with 6 girls today. That's insanely hard.
1 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by uriwdesbeter »

I for one am glad that 2 players sat for “violation of team rules”. This is what never happened the past few years, and what is apparently needed to change the culture. Hold them accountable, and hopefully they will care more about the impact on the team going forward. Hard choice for a coach to make, when you know you have a short bench anyway. Kudos to Jones for picking up the PG position, and being the only seasoned player really in this game. Brazil playing better each game. Look forward to more from Haby too. They only lost by 5 points...with only 6 players! That’s pretty amazing!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Not only played with 6 players, but Haby was one of the 6 and playing in her very first game.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

uriwdesbeter wrote: 4 years ago I for one am glad that 2 players sat for “violation of team rules”. This is what never happened the past few years, and what is apparently needed to change the culture. Hold them accountable, and hopefully they will care more about the impact on the team going forward. Hard choice for a coach to make, when you know you have a short bench anyway. Kudos to Jones for picking up the PG position, and being the only seasoned player really in this game. Brazil playing better each game. Look forward to more from Haby too. They only lost by 5 points...with only 6 players! That’s pretty amazing!
Which 2 players sat out?
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Oberg, and Dale, though this is the first time I've heard violation of team rules.
0 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

EasyEdBrown wrote: 4 years ago Oberg, and Dale, though this is the first time I've heard violation of team rules.
The commentators on ESPN+ mentioned it.
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

No doubt.

I'm glad it's that and not injury
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I just saw the box score from yesterday’s game. Jorgensen was listed, but with no points. What gives? Did she suit up? If she didn’t, then her name shouldn’t have been listed.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago I just saw the box score from yesterday’s game. Jorgensen was listed, but with no points. What gives? Did she suit up? If she didn’t, then her name shouldn’t have been listed.
Nicole played only 4 seconds after the opening tip then left the game for its duration with an injury.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

We lost AT Dayton Sunday by 11. Dayton is now (17-7) (10-0)
Nicole Jorgensen had 25 points 8 rebounds in 29 minutes as she accumulated 4 fouls
Dayton had 5 different players guard Jorgensen as the strategy was to keep throwing bodies at her. Those 5 players amassed 13 fouls trying to slow Nicole down

Next up SLU at home Wednesday
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Wow, both the men's and women's teams at Dayton are 10-0?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, Dayton is undefeated in A10 play
And before anyone yells about RPI, the NCAA's own invented RPI is still used for Women's Basketball and several other NCAA College Sports as well. Only MENS Basketball went to the NET

Dayton is the highest A10 Ranked RPI as they are at #62

62 Dayton (10-0)
90 Saint Louis (6-4)
97 Fordham (7-3)
102 Duquesne (6-4)
115 VCU (8-2)
120 Davidson (6-4)
131 Richmond (4-6)
135 Geo. Wash. (4-6)
149 UMass (6-5)
189 Rhode Island (4-6)
206 La Salle (3-7)
211 St. Joseph's (2-9)
227 George Mason (2-9)
282 St. Bonaventure (4-7)
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

won today vs St Bonaventure 69-67

now 13-11 overall and 6-6 conference
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This was a home run hire for URI

Tammy Reiss is going places we are lucky to have her here
2 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

Have to love what this coaching staff has done with this rhody team and how these kids have responded! Coach has them definitely playing to potential and sky is the limit. Once in the A-10 tournament, anything can happen as there are no dominant teams in the league and anybody can beat anybody. Important that rhody gets a first round game at home. Up by as much as 11 in second half against Duquesne with Jorgensen playing little because of foul trouble and having an off night. Team did not quit and had a chance to cut it to 4 but couldn’t get over the hump. Here is my observation and analysis: 1. We can get to the championship game of the A10 if the coaching staff can get this team to defend better. There are some weak links defensively but those links must be made to commit with effort first on defense and quit obsessing over how many points they have. 2. Jettison the selfishness! Killed this team the past 4 years and when it rears it’s ugly head here with this team the wheels fall off.Translation, PASS THE FRIGGING BALL TO THE OPEN MAN ! Know the difference between a good shot and a bad one! 3. Specifics: Davida has to quit over dribbling the perimeter looking for herself as her teammates stand around watching her. She needs to distribute the ball better and pass first and force penetration less. In other words move the defense via the pass and quit stagnating the offense via the dribble. This team with the exception of a couple kids pass the ball as an afterthought when they can’t jack up for themselves. Change the ‘me first mentality to team first’ and they can win the whole damn thing! 4. Feed the big girl First! When she is involved offensively, her defense improves and it opens up things for others! We will not win with Davida scoring 27 but we will win with Nicole scoring 27! 5. The posts need to pass out of the post and kick opposite to the weak side shooters out of double teams and quit forcing up shots! If the post is doubled somebody is open , PASS! Player who’s defender is doing the doubling should cut to the front of rim and it’s a layup. 6. Rotate the ball on the perimeter faster and more often , kill the forced penetrations and attack off the dribble only on backside rotations! 7. More screening actions and back screens in the offense will pay dividends and keep offense more fluid.
8. Better personnel utilization, Moffitt and Harvey-Carr should be subbing for each other, too small when they are out on the floor together. Both undersized. I would even go big sometimes with jones at the 2 with Davida and Jorgensen , Oberg and brown in the back line sometimes and mix some zone in. Duquesne killed us off the dribble going to the rim for layups. Zone would also save Nicole from foul trouble. Mix it up. 9. Perimeter defense needs to contain better, box out better, and contest shooters better. With the exception of 1 player I see, the helpers and rotation is too slow sometimes or non commits. 10. That’s all folks , that will do it. Go Rhody!
1 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

well said! Dale has shown she can be a good team player (note the previous 2 games), but then she switches off for some games and only worries about her own points. Coaches seem unwilling, or unable to stop her selfishness. Take her off the court if she doesn't listen or execute! Everyone else sits when they mess up. Team can play without her...at least for awhile. I don't think defense was the big problem last night, it was the offense. Dusquesne just had better defense...they put a hold on Nicole and Jones in the 1st half...couldn't really even get the ball. Which left Dale open. Fine, but 2nd half, Dusquesne adjusted and didn't leave Dale so open. But then we didn't adjust. If going to Nicole isn't working (more teams are going to double team her the entire game and try to get her into foul trouble), then involve the other shooters...make up some plays for them! Involve the 2-3-4 for more than setting screens and passing the ball. I'm worried for the next 3 games. And by the way, your points 6 and 7 for sure are how they won the previous two games. (and points 5 & 7 they need to do!) This team has shown that they can play as a team...so insist on it, or take them off the court. Agree with you, All In!
0 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

Those that are in attendance today should cheer loudly for the three players being recognized. Nicole Jorgenson has been a beast, played through injury and has every opposing coach gameplan specifically for her. She has become an elite player. Davida, although she can come back, most likely won't. She is extremely talented and leaves everything on the floor but the team must go in a different direction to achieve the goals set forth by the staff. She has been a warrior and I hope she is successful in life without basketball. Finally, Meaghan Obergh, although not a senior is moving on. She has been a solid role player and stepped in this year and embraced her role. I'm sure she will be contributing solidly to a program next year. Good luck ladies.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Cameron_Dollar wrote: 4 years ago Those that are in attendance today should cheer loudly for the three players being recognized. Nicole Jorgenson has been a beast, played through injury and has every opposing coach gameplan specifically for her. She has become an elite player. Davida, although she can come back, most likely won't. She is extremely talented and leaves everything on the floor but the team must go in a different direction to achieve the goals set forth by the staff. She has been a warrior and I hope she is successful in life without basketball. Finally, Meaghan Obergh, although not a senior is moving on. She has been a solid role player and stepped in this year and embraced her role. I'm sure she will be contributing solidly to a program next year. Good luck ladies.
Why are they leaving if not seniors? Is it for sure or is it speculation? Where are they going?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

It took a while, but this group finally got a chance to play on a competitive team.......Hopefully sticking it out will leave them with good memories.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Jorgensen has been A10 Player of the Week 3 times this year. She has been an excellent player for URI throughout her career but really come on this year as the offense has looked to pass inside more.
Dale had to take on the Point Guard responsibilities when Marta went out with her foot injury. She has been playing every minute of every game, often playing all 40 minutes.
Oberg has played valuable minutes off the bench this season. Her rebounding and her ability to pass have been welcome assets to the team. Oberg can pass down low to Jorgensen with remarkable precision on her lob passes. She can also hit the 3 point shot when needed.

All 3 have played major roles in the success of the team so far this season. Hope we can make some noise in the A10 Tournament in recognition of these girls playing their final season at URI
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

First, congrats to the three seniors and their great contributions to URI and the women’s basketball program. They are exemplary young women.
Now to the hard stuff. This was a critical loss. I am a fan of this coaching staff but they have some growing and learning to do. In this game they were out coached and cannot get dale to be a distributor and run the offense. We are not winning with dale being the leading scorer. Not happening. Way way to much 1 on 1 , too much dribbling and the other 4 just shrug and stand around watching her go 1 on 5. She needs to make an intelligent pass to start the offense and get her teammates involved especially Jorgensen. When Jorgensen scores and is involved we win!
Jones has gone south for the summer and Moffitt plays the entire game and I don’t know why?
Lasalle constantly beat our defenders off the dribble getting layups because we are for the most part slow footed and slow to react defensively with the exception of Oberg who does the best job in man to man. Tammy was at Syracuse where the master of the match up zone resides. URI needs to mix their defenses more and use some zone to stop penetration. There needs to be more screens away from ball and swing on the perimeter. Way too much dribbling!!! Looks like rhody will have to win on the road to get to Dayton now. It’s a shame because the easier path and an NIT was within reach. No guarantees for next year because if they cannot cure the selfishness now , how will they do it next year?
0 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

I was at todays game and watching Dale you can tell she is a selfish player. Very talented, but it’s about her first and team second. We had a group of about 30 with our daughters playing during halftime and multiple parents noted that she did not pass the ball and seemed to be a “bad teammate”. Multiple times when there was a botched play, you could see her giving her teammates attitude. A leader will let their teammates know they made a mistake and help them correct it.
1 x
Narr9999
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Narr9999 »

I was at last Sunday's and yesterday's games and I agree with some of what All In stated, but I think we are forgetting a lot of factors with this team and coaching staff. First this is the first year for our new and excellent coaching staff. Hey I was all for Marcus last year to step up as the head coach, as I had coached him in high school as an asst. coach at Cranston West. I was upset when he was let go, but it has turned out as a good thing for him and for URI. This group that Tammi had to coach was mostly from the last coaches players. To come in and be around 500 or just under it in league and to get into double digit wins in the first year after the mess of the last number of years is great. Yes Dale does shoot too much and not look to pass as the point guard. She is there 2nd best player behind Nicole this year. Nicole didn't have a great game yesterday letting some baskets go uncontested. She didn't fight for passes as I was underneath the basket, but she has worked her butt off for this team and has had a great career here. The defense was slow yesterday and they did get beat often on dribble drives and they made a lot of bad passes, but this is a team learning. last week I sat right behind the team bench and listened to Tammi and the coaches drawing up plays and giving positive feed back to the players, even when they were trying to explain their mistakes. The last two years I hardly ever heard that from the sidelines and they ran few plays if any and there was more yelling at players from the head coach. Tammi has 4 players sitting out this year and there will be an influx of good talent for next year. Give this staff time to get this program turned around and start showing up for some of the games.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don’t agree that Erin Jones has “gone south”. She plays hard.
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RhodyMadness072 »

Narr9999 wrote: 4 years ago I was at last Sunday's and yesterday's games and I agree with some of what All In stated, but I think we are forgetting a lot of factors with this team and coaching staff. First this is the first year for our new and excellent coaching staff. Hey I was all for Marcus last year to step up as the head coach, as I had coached him in high school as an asst. coach at Cranston West. I was upset when he was let go, but it has turned out as a good thing for him and for URI. This group that Tammi had to coach was mostly from the last coaches players. To come in and be around 500 or just under it in league and to get into double digit wins in the first year after the mess of the last number of years is great. Yes Dale does shoot too much and not look to pass as the point guard. She is there 2nd best player behind Nicole this year. Nicole didn't have a great game yesterday letting some baskets go uncontested. She didn't fight for passes as I was underneath the basket, but she has worked her butt off for this team and has had a great career here. The defense was slow yesterday and they did get beat often on dribble drives and they made a lot of bad passes, but this is a team learning. last week I sat right behind the team bench and listened to Tammi and the coaches drawing up plays and giving positive feed back to the players, even when they were trying to explain their mistakes. The last two years I hardly ever heard that from the sidelines and they ran few plays if any and there was more yelling at players from the head coach. Tammi has 4 players sitting out this year and there will be an influx of good talent for next year. Give this staff time to get this program turned around and start showing up for some of the games.
Couldn't agree more. The four sitting out Vargas, Tahane, Foppossi, and Hendley could all be starters next year. I've heard great things about Foppossi.
1 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

Vargas could be worse than dale in the selfish department! No guarantees for next year if coaches can’t teach their team to pass and be unselfish! The last two games we were literally shot out of games by dale and this last one by jones and dale when you have the most dominant post in the conference who should be touching ball 25 times a game. This was always a .500 team at the minimum with an upside to be one of the top tier teams in the conference with the right coaching . This team has proved they can play with the best in the league and beat them but selfishness has sunk this team over and over again along with key coaching mistakes. I am a fan of this staff but when your pg is out of control and you’re constantly getting beat off the dribble there are adjustments that need to be made. Wait till next year is not a solution. The time is now!
0 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

All In wrote: 4 years ago Vargas could be worse than dale in the selfish department! No guarantees for next year if coaches can’t teach their team to pass and be unselfish! The last two games we were literally shot out of games by dale and this last one by jones and dale when you have the most dominant post in the conference who should be touching ball 25 times a game. This was always a .500 team at the minimum with an upside to be one of the top tier teams in the conference with the right coaching . This team has proved they can play with the best in the league and beat them but selfishness has sunk this team over and over again along with key coaching mistakes. I am a fan of this staff but when your pg is out of control and you’re constantly getting beat off the dribble there are adjustments that need to be made. Wait till next year is not a solution. The time is now!
The last game Dale shot 20 times, Jones shot 8, Jorgensen 9, and Brown shot 8 times. This is terrible. The problem is not with Jones, Jorgensen or Brown. It's with Dale not giving up the ball. I don't blame the others for being off their game. They stand so long waiting for Dale to do something, that it's luck that anything goes in. Passes she does make are so slow that the shooters (including Carr), don't have time to get their feet set to be able to make a good shot...or it allows the defenders to get on them, so they don't have a good shot. The coaches need to enforce team play above all else. great to change the culture off the court, but it still needs to change ON the court. What is sad is that they have shown they can play great as a team...when Dale decides to do it. I think the other players... Jones, Jorgensen, Brown and Carr in particular are playing their hearts out. But look how frustrating it is to them. I am not going to fault any of them for being off their game!
0 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago I was at todays game and watching Dale you can tell she is a selfish player. Very talented, but it’s about her first and team second. We had a group of about 30 with our daughters playing during halftime and multiple parents noted that she did not pass the ball and seemed to be a “bad teammate”. Multiple times when there was a botched play, you could see her giving her teammates attitude. A leader will let their teammates know they made a mistake and help them correct it.
So sad to hear this, but I'm glad you spoke up. I hope you took this back with your girls, and told them that is NOT the way to play! Watch good teams play, even when there is a superstar, and they still share the ball and support their teammates.
1 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
I loved this video. Tammi certainly knows it takes the big 3 (Dale, Jorgensen, Jones) to win a game. And not to leave out Brown, who has had some great games, and Carr, who has contributed where it's needed. Why settle for Dale only then during these past 2 games? Tough for everyone to play their best when Dale doesn't recognize, or is unwilling to involve other players. I don't get why this is ok.
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

Crickets here. Guess everybody has thrown in the towel on this year and rightly so. Here’s something that no one is talking about:
NCAA DI Council Passes New Transfer Rules. The NCAA's DI Council has ruled that student-athletes in some specific situations can now transfer and compete immediately without a waiver. ... Those rules are effective for students who transfer to new schools this fall.
Look for a mass exodus of players moving across the country. Rhody will lose some but also might pick up a few!
Actually a good thing for the players and a long time coming!
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

“ loved this video. Tammi certainly knows it takes the big 3 (Dale, Jorgensen, Jones) to win a game. And not to leave out Brown, who has had some great games, and Carr, who has contributed where it's needed. Why settle for Dale only then during these past 2 games? Tough for everyone to play their best when Dale doesn't recognize, or is unwilling to involve other players. I don't get why this is ok.”
The big 3 ? Exactly the reason why this team has gone down in flames! SELFISHNESS! When you throw that term around you negate the idea of TEAM and everybody wants to be a hog! Hogs get slaughtered. What has the big 3 done in the last 3 losses? You win as a team from your first five to the last person on the bench. When this team shared the ball and played a little defense they usually won. The big 3 let the accolades go to their head and disappeared down the stretch along with the coaches! Improvement over last year but the talent was there to make a run the last three years and it just never materialized! What might have been.
1 x
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

All In wrote: 4 years ago “ loved this video. Tammi certainly knows it takes the big 3 (Dale, Jorgensen, Jones) to win a game. And not to leave out Brown, who has had some great games, and Carr, who has contributed where it's needed. Why settle for Dale only then during these past 2 games? Tough for everyone to play their best when Dale doesn't recognize, or is unwilling to involve other players. I don't get why this is ok.”
The big 3 ? Exactly the reason why this team has gone down in flames! SELFISHNESS! When you throw that term around you negate the idea of TEAM and everybody wants to be a hog! Hogs get slaughtered. What has the big 3 done in the last 3 losses? You win as a team from your first five to the last person on the bench. When this team shared the ball and played a little defense they usually won. The big 3 let the accolades go to their head and disappeared down the stretch along with the coaches! Improvement over last year but the talent was there to make a run the last three years and it just never materialized! What might have been.
I hope you and your daughter find peace at your new school. Best of luck!
2 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

All In wrote: 4 years ago “ loved this video. Tammi certainly knows it takes the big 3 (Dale, Jorgensen, Jones) to win a game. And not to leave out Brown, who has had some great games, and Carr, who has contributed where it's needed. Why settle for Dale only then during these past 2 games? Tough for everyone to play their best when Dale doesn't recognize, or is unwilling to involve other players. I don't get why this is ok.”
The only selfish player on the court all season has been Dale. Ever since the 2 games where Dale just played for herself (Dusquesne and LaSalle), racking up her own points, everyone else seems to have checked out. They are tired of this type of play as well I'm sure. Change the culture? good idea, but you need to change it on the court as well. that didn't happen consistently. I don't think anyone else has played selfishly at all. they are just trying to do their best given Dale's antics. And who could blame them for trying to hang onto the ball and do something with it when they DO get it? they hardly even touch it! Even Moffet hasn't started shooting, and there have been countless games she doesn't put up any shots! I give props to this team.
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

As dinero said in a Bronx tale, saddest thing in life is wasted talent. This team had a chance to be a top 5 team with the talent on the roster. I think the coaching staff has done a great job but they also missed some things and got into a rut late in the year. For better or worse it will be a totally different team next year and it will be fun to watch coach Tammy work with the players she brings in. I think she would even say she and her staff can get better too. From my perspective as many others agree there has been a lot of selfishness on this team. But, it has more to do with shot selection and knowledge of what is a good shot and a bad shot. For example , posts never pass out of double teams but force shots up. I actually like jones at point because we get into offense quicker without the excessive dribbling of Dale. Dale brings a lot to table in rebounds and assists but the forced shots kill us. We have generally died in second half as our legs on defense just give out. Moffitt, Dale , Jones logged way too many minutes during year and it has shown now late in year and in second halves. Moffitt and Carr too small to play together and it hurt us defensively but liked that coach has started to go big with brown, Oberg and Nicole playing together in back line. Smart move. We were up by 9 at half against Duquesne mainly with big lineup and dale under control. It can be done again and I am predicting an upset Tuesday if rhody figures it out.
1 x
uriwdesbeter
Frenchy Tomlin

All In wrote: 4 years ago As dinero said in a Bronx tale, saddest thing in life is wasted talent. This team had a chance to be a top 5 team with the talent on the roster. I think the coaching staff has done a great job but they also missed some things and got into a rut late in the year. For better or worse it will be a totally different team next year and it will be fun to watch coach Tammy work with the players she brings in. I think she would even say she and her staff can get better too. From my perspective as many others agree there has been a lot of selfishness on this team. But, it has more to do with shot selection and knowledge of what is a good shot and a bad shot. For example , posts never pass out of double teams but force shots up. I actually like jones at point because we get into offense quicker without the excessive dribbling of Dale. Dale brings a lot to table in rebounds and assists but the forced shots kill us. We have generally died in second half as our legs on defense just give out. Moffitt, Dale , Jones logged way too many minutes during year and it has shown now late in year and in second halves. Moffitt and Carr too small to play together and it hurt us defensively but liked that coach has started to go big with brown, Oberg and Nicole playing together in back line. Smart move. We were up by 9 at half against Duquesne mainly with big lineup and dale under control. It can be done again and I am predicting an upset Tuesday if rhody figures it out.
Well said.
0 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

All in all a good season considering our recent past. A good step forward for the program.

And, to loose your point guard mid season.

The coaches now have a good idea of where to go to continue the improvement.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The men and the women basketball teams both collapsed down the stretch. The women's loss in the a-10 Tournament to Duquesne 70-53 brought their final record to 13-16. They lost their last five games to close out the season.
0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Erin Jones & Maia Moffitt have both placed their names in the transfer portal. I assume both saw the writing on the wall with the roster next year and their minutes being cut significantly. In my opinion Moffitt was not a Division 1 player. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones ends up back in the American East somewhere or the Northeast with Marcus. From looking at the roster 5 players are departing (Dale, Jorgensen, Oberg, Jones, Moffitt) and signing Cairns and Farcy, Coach Reiss still has 4 scholarships to fill.
0 x
All In
Michael Andersen

Unread post by All In »

Recruiting is a tricky game. Not a lock that they will get back or hold all Euro players. The biggest void to fill will be Jorgensen. Most nights she was an auto double double. That being said the sum of their parts was greater than any individual. There is a good chance that next years team might struggle and not be as good as even this team. It will be interesting I’m sure!
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unless I'm missing someone (and I could be), WBB has 5 scholarships left for next year.

Vargas
Tahane
Rodgers
Harvey-Carr
Niang
Brown
Farcy
Foppossi
Cairns
Handley
0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Clark was never honored in senior day festivities. She has been out with a torn ACL so I'm assuming she has a red-shirt year to use
0 x
RhodyMadness072
Michael Andersen

Looks like the women have hit the transfer portal as well. Got a commitment from Johanna Muzet- a 6' G who is a Graduate Transfer from Washington St. She's also from France.Looks like it could be a solid addition.
Attachments
EUdf7UqXYAI7WHC.jpeg
0 x