3/4 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: 3/4 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by adam914 »

Looks like its Obi's birthday today. Lets ruin it.
5 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

the way i look at it, i am glad we are playing #3

1 game from dancing

this is a gift

it is in our hands

let's go get it !

LETS GO RHODY
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago Looks like its Obi's birthday today. Lets ruin it.
It is definitely his birthday. His family has been looking forward to this day big time.
0 x
Mark Macon
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Mark Macon »

High Ticket availability in the student section tonight. I hope the athletic department recognizes this and is on campus right now trying to fill that section or it's going to look lame on CBSSN tonight. Don't mean to sound like I was a middle-aged man on the Titanic at the time and things were much better "then", but this generation of students will only come out of their rooms if they are part of an "event" with a theme attached to it. I guess having the #3 team in the country isn't enough. I just don't get it, but I will be very disappointed if that section is half-empty tonight at tip-off. National TV, #3 team, still in the hunt for an NCAA berth. Is that not enough? Not right now it looks like anyway. SAD. SAD. SAD.
2 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Mark Macon wrote: 4 years ago High Ticket availability in the student section tonight. I hope the athletic department recognizes this and is on campus right now trying to fill that section or it's going to look lame on CBSSN tonight. Don't mean to sound like I was a middle-aged man on the Titanic at the time and things were much better "then", but this generation of students will only come out of their rooms if they are part of an "event" with a theme attached to it. I guess having the #3 team in the country isn't enough. I just don't get it, but I will be very disappointed if that section is half-empty tonight at tip-off. National TV, #3 team, still in the hunt for an NCAA berth. Is that not enough? Not right now it looks like anyway. SAD. SAD. SAD.
Barstool in the house + 9pm start + #3 in country and i anticipate a big student turnout.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Let him eat cake?
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago
Let him eat cake?
Personally I feel the greatest gift you can give yourself is the joy of your little brother.
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Park near an exit at the back of the lot, exit out the side of the lot, left onto Tootell rd, go forward it becomes Plains rd, stay on Plains rd, it will do this narrow twisty thing and turn to the right becoming Stony Fort rd, stay on Stony Fort passing the intersection at Old North rd on your right.
If you're going deeper into South County, go forward on Stony Fort rd to come out on rt 138 or if not going towards SoCo, take your next left onto Slocum rd, from there you can go forward towards rt 4 if you're headed towards Providence/Warwick area or take your first right onto Shermantown rd which will bring you to rt 1, from there you can go towards Newport or NK.
If you are headed to rt 4, Slocum rd will become Indian Corner rd, stay on Indian Corner rd, it will turn right when it meets Exeter rd, from there it's a straight shot to rt 4.

I promise you all, it's never taken me more than 20 minutes to get from the lot to a highway. You'll be in Newport or Providence in less than 40 minutes every time.
Last edited by Running Ram 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Mark Macon wrote: 4 years ago High Ticket availability in the student section tonight. I hope the athletic department recognizes this and is on campus right now trying to fill that section or it's going to look lame on CBSSN tonight. Don't mean to sound like I was a middle-aged man on the Titanic at the time and things were much better "then", but this generation of students will only come out of their rooms if they are part of an "event" with a theme attached to it. I guess having the #3 team in the country isn't enough. I just don't get it, but I will be very disappointed if that section is half-empty tonight at tip-off. National TV, #3 team, still in the hunt for an NCAA berth. Is that not enough? Not right now it looks like anyway. SAD. SAD. SAD.
IDK how you can know that since the student ticket availability isnt known until gametime
2 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Section104 wrote: 4 years ago
Barstool in the house + 9pm start + #3 in country and i anticipate a big student turnout.
Bingo. Huge buzz on campus & barstool coming will definitely help too. The kids will be there.
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Park near an exit at the back of the lot, exit out the side of the lot, left onto Tootell rd, go forward it becomes Plains rd, stay on Plains rd, it will do this narrow twisty thing and turn to the right becoming Stony Fort rd, stay on Stony Fort passing the intersection at Old North rd on your right.
If you're going deeper into South County, go forward on Stony Fort rd to come out on rt 138 or take your next left onto Slocum rd, from there you can go forward towards rt 4 if you're headed towards Providence/Warwick area or take your first right onto Shermantown rd which will bring you to rt 1, from there you can go towards Newport or NK.
If you are headed to rt 4, Slocum rd will become Indian Corner rd, stay on Indian Corner rd, it will turn right when it meets Exeter rd, from there it's a straight shot to rt 4.

I promise you all, it's never taken me more than 20 minutes to get from the lot to a highway. You'll be in Newport or Providence in less than 40 minutes every time.
The trick is to live south of URI and there is legit zero traffic leaving if youre not in keaney
2 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Park near an exit at the back of the lot, exit out the side of the lot, left onto Tootell rd, go forward it becomes Plains rd, stay on Plains rd, it will do this narrow twisty thing and turn to the right becoming Stony Fort rd, stay on Stony Fort passing the intersection at Old North rd on your right.
If you're going deeper into South County, go forward on Stony Fort rd to come out on rt 138 or if not going towards SoCo, take your next left onto Slocum rd, from there you can go forward towards rt 4 if you're headed towards Providence/Warwick area or take your first right onto Shermantown rd which will bring you to rt 1, from there you can go towards Newport or NK.

You're giving away all of our secrets! :)
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Had season tickets for 26 years and always parked in the Keaney lot. It was a longer walk to and from the car, but you're on 138 in a couple of minutes.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......Chris Disano in the post game is well worth the delay in any traffic.....except the Image of the Game piece......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

The team deserves this win, we deserve this win, and it's set up perfectly. Even seniors night. For some reason this game makes me think of Rod. His posts were priceless.

Why not us, don't we deserve it?
2 x
Mark Macon
Abdul Fox

rhodysurf wrote: 4 years ago
IDK how you can know that since the student ticket availability isnt known until gametime
I know that because I'm Mark Macon and I was a stud when I played for Temple. I know everything, including that Ramon Rivas has big junk.
3 x
Mark Macon
Abdul Fox

Mark Macon wrote: 4 years ago
I know that because I'm Mark Macon and I was a stud when I played for Temple. I know everything, including that Ramon Rivas has big junk. He can also swing a folder chair with the best of them...ask Silk.
1 x
Mark Macon
Abdul Fox

I know that because I'm Mark Macon and I was a stud when I played for Temple. I know everything, including that Ramon Rivas has big junk. He can also swing a folding chair with the best of them...ask Silk.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If student attendance is expected to be high, why are tickets available in section 201 for 25 dollars?
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

RhodeIslandRams wrote: 4 years ago The team deserves this win, we deserve this win, and it's set up perfectly. Even seniors night. For some reason this game makes me think of Rod. His posts were priceless.

Why not us, don't we deserve it?

RIP rodfromcranston

you will be in the crowd tonight with us !
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago If student attendance is expected to be high, why are tickets available in section 201 for 25 dollars?
Gunna let in 9000 people with SRO lol
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago

I’m usually towards the front of the lot and have realized jabronis don’t understand the reasoning behind letting someone out.

I have parked on the far side of the lot. I found it’s easier to go up Flagg, go down by White Hall, pass the dorms, right onto Lower College, left on Bayberry, right into Upper College (again, when a jabroni wants to let you out). Going out the other way down Plains is too much of a pain.

I am extremely superstitious about what I wear to games and where I park. I cannot park on the Keaney side because of it. With all due respect to Keaney, of course.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I know that because I'm Mark Macon and I was a stud when I played for Temple. I know everything, including that Ramon Rivas has big junk. He can also swing a folding chair with the best of them...ask Silk.
Well that got awkward fast.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

That is my strategy. Must also back into space so you can easily pull out.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Get there early. Park right next to the exit. And avoid Upper College Rd.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I’m usually towards the front of the lot and have realized jabronis don’t understand the reasoning behind letting someone out.

I have parked on the far side of the lot. I found it’s easier to go up Flagg, go down by White Hall, pass the dorms, right onto Lower College, left on Bayberry, right into Upper College (again, when a jabroni wants to let you out). Going out the other way down Plains is too much of a pain.

I am extremely superstitious about what I wear to games and where I park. I cannot park on the Keaney side because of it. With all due respect to Keaney, of course.
Good strategy. Of course, I am paying more attention to the post-game show on the radio in the car than the traffic. I have it cranked up so the wife can barely hear me talk. Then I repeat all the stats and comments from the show to her, even though she is sitting right there in the car next to me.

Must be great for her.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would like to see a change in the starting lineup tonight.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago Would like to see a change in the starting lineup tonight.
What might you like to see Iggy?
I would also.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

EC65D0A6-7A3F-41C5-90B5-488AF58F8FD2.jpeg
The dark blue sections indicate many seats available
Note selling the 200 level section of the student zone. Hmmmmmm

Many sections with tickets

Got email this morning promoting
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

emBARONsing
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 4 years ago Had season tickets for 26 years and always parked in the Keaney lot. It was a longer walk to and from the car, but you're on 138 in a couple of minutes.
That has been true for me for years - I actually park in between Boss and Mackel. But for some reason on Sunday it took FOREVER to get out. Once I actually started moving, I moved, but it took nearly 25 mins for that to happen. It is the only time it has taken me longer than 10 mins to get out of that area and onto 138.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

Good strategy. Of course, I am paying more attention to the post-game show on the radio in the car than the traffic. I have it cranked up so the wife can barely hear me talk. Then I repeat all the stats and comments from the show to her, even though she is sitting right there in the car next to me.

Must be great for her.

I am also listening to the post game show, but I also want to get the eff home after games since I’m either starving or have to pee again. Sunday I did not move.... by the time I got around 138 to the Keaney lot I cut through there and went up by Frat Circle to get up Upper College.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......decent crowds, parking hassles, traffic delays......nice to have these issues......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago Would like to see a change in the starting lineup tonight.
What might you like to see Iggy?
I would also.
Harris starting, not producing and playing 8 minutes make no sense, especially since URI has been starting slow. You could make a case for each of the other three. Toppin is probably the weakest defender of the 3.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

In addition to unsold seats, there's the question of how many season ticket holders won't show because of the late start time?
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago In addition to unsold seats, there's the question of how many season ticket holders won't show because of the late start time?
As much as I hope this is not the case of course, I could see it happening. Like, a noticeable amount.
1 x
Mobley was fouled.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

I’m not sure how accurate this seating chart is, but if true than the we have some of the worst student support in the country. No excuses. Enough with the catering to everything they need in order to attend a game. If they don’t show up for the number 3 team than they really have no interest in sports or college basketball and it is a waste of time talking about it anymore.
Last edited by RamStock 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Iggy1979 wrote: 4 years ago In addition to unsold seats, there's the question of how many season ticket holders won't show because of the late start time?
.......I am adding to nap time......so I should fine.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Either the email worked...or the blue sections that show “availability” is non discriminating, because I just looked and some of those sections only have 1 available seat. I don’t have time to count green dots, but it looks to me to be about 100 available nose bleed seats on the corners.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Counting obstructed view, I count 332 in the 300 level (roughly half in Section 313 with the last 6 1/2 rows available in that section). In the 200 section their are 5 seats (2 sets of 2 obstructed view in 203 and 207, and 1 single in 213). Nothing in the 100 level. This isn't including handicap seats.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Guys... They aren't selling the student tickets. That section appears blue because they sell handicap seats at the top row.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Well I’m just interpreting what the ticking marketing department is sending out.
If you are only selling handicapped in one row then show it that way.
Don’t we have some graphic designers in the Marketing Ticketing Department.

Why not show the number of seats available anyway?

They do that on stubhub and other ticket agencies.

Why should prospective buyers and fans have to count dots.

Make it simple for the unfamiliar fan.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And there needs to be way to know in advance if students are going to show or not.

If 500 don’t show tonight and we could have sold those tickets then that’s a huge lost sales opportunity for an Opponent like Dayton.
1 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago And there needs to be way to know in advance if students are going to show or not.

If 500 don’t show tonight and we could have sold those tickets then that’s a huge lost sales opportunity for an Opponent like Dayton.
They would not have sold before today- the third ranked team in the country is here and it’s not sold out. The people who are going made that decision a while ago- as did the people who are not going. I can’t give my 2 away for tonight.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago And there needs to be way to know in advance if students are going to show or not.

They would not have sold before today- the third ranked team in the country is here and it’s not sold out. The people who are going made that decision a while ago- as did the people who are not going. I can’t give my 2 away for tonight.
But some of those student seats are better than sitting in the 300 level. It looks horrible on TV and ESPN and game highlights to have open seats behind the visitors basket.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

You don't understand, the sale has already been made. Each student has already paid almost $400 for the chance at one of 1500 seats. You want to do this then you need to drastically reduce student fees and institute personal seat licenses on all season ticket holders to pay the bond on the Ryan Center
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Mark Macon
Abdul Fox

Better dig up some bodies and put them in the student section if they won't be using their student tickets. Great for recruiting. Empty seats behind the basket for the #3 team in the country and you fighting for your NCAA lives on national TV. There are some dress stores in Wakefield that have extra mannequins. We could dress them up and give them some good seating for this one. No one will ever know. This is a long way from the old Section 8 days and Tom Penders. All these kids are ADD. Maybe dangle something shiny in front of them to get their attention...
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Its a game against the number 3 team in the country, late at night, on campus. The students arent a thing to worry about tonight
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I’m told very few tickets remain fit tonight and if you want any better act fast

Also I’m told students are expected to show tonight

Should be filled up
1 x