3/4 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Re: 3/4 | Dayton | 9:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

Take away the 17-0 run to start the last game and we were competitive for 35 minutes.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

I’ve talked to local South County peeps over the past few days and their gripe for this game has been, “ohhh 9pm start? It won’t get out until 11 and the traffic is SO bad”. I know there are people coming from a hell of a longer distance than SK and Narragansett for this game. I have to work at 8 Thursday morning and there’s always dry shampoo!
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago Take away the 17-0 run to start the last game and we were competitive for 35 minutes.
I believe we outscored them in the last 12 minutes of the game.
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Anyone looking for the No Sleep Til Brooklyn with the free mask tickets , they're available once again.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I like that this game does away with all the mental hurdles. They get a top 3 team on their floor for senior night, then one more game and the tournament.

All they can do is leave it all out there.
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago
Tjrams91 wrote: 4 years ago Take away the 17-0 run to start the last game and we were competitive for 35 minutes.
........Yea but, the 17-0 was result of URI being totally outmatched for that game, I can have little confidence this type of look back, yea but thinking going into next game......an ass whopping is still an ass whooping with lipstick.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I won't post them all and clog up the thread, but Koch has a bunch of quotes from Cox, Cyril and Dowtin at practice today on Twitter.

theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I won't post them all and clog up the thread, but Koch has a bunch of quotes from Cox, Cyril and Dowtin at practice today on Twitter.

That heart tap Cyril was giving was when I was yelling encouragement to him in the second half. He was in the corner near 211 and looked right at me.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago
........Yea but, the 17-0 was result of URI being totally outmatched for that game, I can have little confidence this type of look back, yea but thinking going into next game......an ass whopping is still an ass whooping with lipstick.....
I don’t know - we would have cut the lead down nicely in the first half but for a phantom T that resulted in a 5 point swing for Dayton. 17 was too much to come back from, but we were competitive after that stretch.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago

I don’t know - we would have cut the lead down nicely in the first half but for a phantom T that resulted in a 5 point swing for Dayton. 17 was too much to come back from, but we were competitive after that stretch.
......I see it as this; the game is won/lost on its whole, not 35 minutes, not reset the score at 17-0, or pick a time and we out scored them from there......the game was over early and often.....I draw nothing from these comparisons other than the whole....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Tjrams91
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Tjrams91 »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago
......I see it as this; the game is won/lost on its whole, not 35 minutes, not reset the score at 17-0, or pick a time and we out scored them from there......the game was over early and often.....I draw nothing from these comparisons other than the whole....
Well, good for you? Is that the response you’re looking for.

Let some of us live in our silver linings. Please.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago It would Not shock me one bit if we somehow beat Dayton, get our hopes Up, then shit the bed @ UMass.
Spoken like a true, bonafide Rhody fan. I'm sure all of us share that sentiment. Sadly, it's just ingrained in us after years of disappointment. I hope that isn't the case though.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......saw on local news/sports......the A-10 has instructed teams not to handshake after Anthem.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

EFF IT

LETS GET THIS WIN TOMORROW AND DANCE

LETS GO RHODY

I AM ALL IN
theblueram
Frank Keaney

ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago EFF IT

LETS GET THIS WIN TOMORROW AND DANCE

LETS GO RHODY

I AM ALL IN
CUT BAITON?
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

We were down by 25 with 7:36 left in the game. Outscored Dayton by 11 in garbage time...so if you consider that being competitive...i guess we were competitive.
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......saw on local news/sports......the A-10 has instructed teams not to handshake after Anthem.....
Bring back the Kid 'n' Play kick step greeting!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Remember how we played last game? Yeah don't do that.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

;) ;) ......but if the game went longer, we would have won?
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The Dude wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago It would Not shock me one bit if we somehow beat Dayton, get our hopes Up, then shit the bed @ UMass.
Spoken like a true, bonafide Rhody fan. I'm sure all of us share that sentiment. Sadly, it's just ingrained in us after years of disappointment. I hope that isn't the case though.
...but I thought was a closet PC fan? :roll: :roll:
Go Rhody
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

At no point in that game did I feel as though we were competitive.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......saw on local news/sports......the A-10 has instructed teams not to handshake after Anthem.....
Is this real??? Don’t shake hands but push/ shove/ breathe and sweat all over each other for 40 minutes????
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago
Is this real??? Don’t shake hands but push/ shove/ breathe and sweat all over each other for 40 minutes????
That has to be bs for sure. Doesn't even make sense reading it again.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

At no point in that game did I feel as though we were competitive.
Right before the half the crowd was nearly dead, got it to 9 points. Definitely felt competitive then.
GO RAMS
theblueram
Frank Keaney

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

It's so absurd it's like Monty Python basketball. When they are on the floor fighting for a loose ball, do they take an official time out for player sanitation?
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Oh I think it’s ridiculous
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
The Dude is usually right, but he probably hasn’t read most of your posts. 💁🏼‍♀️
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago Oh I think it’s ridiculous
.....yep for the A-10 Tourney......this is the bull shit actions, that grab a headline and then others follow with more bull shit actions......to top the previous ones......forearm bumps in catholic masses next?.....
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

It's so absurd it's like Monty Python basketball. When they are on the floor fighting for a loose ball, do they take an official time out for player sanitation?
Refs wearing hazmat suits instead of zebra stripes.

Instead of going through the metal detectors tomorrow night we will be sprayed down with Lysol.

Never forget what George Carlin said about stupid people.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago Oh I think it’s ridiculous
.....yep for the A-10 Tourney......this is the bull shit actions, that grab a headline and then others follow with more bull shit actions......to top the previous ones......forearm bumps in catholic masses next?.....
I survived 5 years of catholic school. We would have loved forearm bumps.
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Traffic is a ridiculous excuse. It’s never taken me more than 20mins to get out and on the highway. Of course I’m working at 8pm tomorrow night as usual so I won’t be at this one. Though we did grab tickets at umass. It’s sad that we still have to talk attendances...
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Don't follow the PC reference. Simply agree with your statement.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Don't follow the PC reference. Simply agree with your statement.
R15 is Negative Nancy. That’s the PC reference. We actually have noted PC fans post on here who are more positive about Rhody Hoops than this clown is.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The last time Rhode Island beat a ranked team at the Ryan Center was a 66-62 overtime win over No. 21 Nebraska on Nov. 22, 2014.

We are due!

And we stormed the court!
ElbertC2020
Abdul Fox

Unread post by ElbertC2020 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago The last time Rhode Island beat a ranked team at the Ryan Center was a 66-62 overtime win over No. 21 Nebraska on Nov. 22, 2014.

We are due!

And we stormed the court!
Did you guys see the weather forecast for tonight? It's looking like raining buckets followed by court storming. #BeSafe
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Reminder: Shaidzon opens up at 4 today. See you there when they open up.
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Want to win tonight?

Mix things up. Put Jeff on the ball for most of the game.

Still gives us our best chance to win.

Need to see some positive adjustments from Cox. He has made them in the past...not so much lately.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree Rambone. I would give Jeff the keys to the car.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Also Dayton isn't anywhere near as physical as St. Louis.

That's why I think we have a chance tonight.

The Billikens were able to take Dayton out of their game both times by their style of play.

As long as we get off to a decent start...and we're going to need at least a couple of guys to have BIG games tonight.

And Harris needs to show up.
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Keys to the game for me...

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE! We need to get back to the high level D we were playing right before this very team took it to us on their home court. Perfect time to flip the script.

SHARE THE BALL -- way too much forced action in recent games, lack of movement and just going through the motions/sets. Make that extra pass tonight to find the open guy! Use their doubling and tripling of Fatts to our advantage! Let the guards do the penetrating please (Cyril).

PLAY LOOSE -- it's much easier said than done, but now that we're on the outside looking in, leave it all out there tonight. Don't play this game tight like we're going in there to avoid a loss...play it to f'n win!

ATTACK FROM THE TIP -- set the tone exactly how they did against us last time around. They showed right from the jump that they were ranked as high as they were for a reason, and the #2 team in the league better recognize. Now it's our turn. Bring that intensity we saw in the first 10 minutes of the Maryland game, where we showed we weren't going to be intimidated by that fancy number next to your name. Show them and everyone else out there that we belong!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......yes, yes, yes, my eye balls will be looking for these, Cyril not dribbling in low post area, Fatts playing within the offense, not dribble drives for off balance shots, ball in Jeff’s hands more than a Fatts, couple of early defensive stops, Long, Toppin, Walker off the bench early, as needed, Jermaine having positive plays.......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
MARhody
Abdul Fox

Unread post by MARhody »

While I would not want all games to have a 9pm tip, I for one welcome this start time. I come from distance, so the kids afternoon activities will be out of the way and I'll be able to get some food and drink prior to the game and get into my seat for the anthem. 7pm is nearly impossible to get across Providence traffic or go around on 295 and get into my seat on time (whey can't the games start at 7:30?). Getting home late/out of the parking lot, no problem, hopefully a great game.

Though I'm curious to know where people can park that would allow them to be on the highway in 20 minutes?? I usually end up lingering around in the stadium after the game so that the parking lots empty out. I've found a place in the Plains Road lot (towards the back and middle where the bus stand is) that has given me a moderate amount of success as to not being the last car to leave. I'll never understand why they can't have Plains Road be one way after the game...but that's for another thread.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Three weeks ago, Dayton didn't just punch us in the mouth -- they kicked us in the nuts, and ever since then we've been walking around with our hands clasped in front of our junk and our voices two octaves higher. Time to man up.

I wouldn't complain if Cox starts Jacob instead of Fatts -- let him absorb the flow of the game for a couple of minutes. And, yes, PLEASE give Jeff the keys to the car.
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well, this seems like as good a day as any to shock the world. Screw the tournament, screw seeding, screw the NET, screw Bracketology...Jeff and Cyril deserve to walk off the Ryan Center floor for the last time as winners. Focus on that and the rest will all fall into place!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhode_Island_Red wrote: 4 years ago Three weeks ago, Dayton didn't just punch us in the mouth -- they kicked us in the nuts, and ever since then we've been walking around with our hands clasped in front of our junk and our voices two octaves higher. Time to man up.

I wouldn't complain if Cox starts Jacob instead of Fatts -- let him absorb the flow of the game for a couple of minutes. And, yes, PLEASE give Jeff the keys to the car.
.......WPB sun shine must gotten to ya.....not start a Fatts?......
Ram logo via Grist 1938
class of 86
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by class of 86 »

Dayton is going to let us win just like Villanova and set on hall did for pc.Why risk injury when there is nothing to prove?.Let the starters get their stats....work towards their records.....if they're ahead at half time...see how far you can go with the bench.....who cares about nca a seedings....they draw a 16 or a 15.....no matter there all the same scrubs.....think long term as to how much prize money a third a10 team in the tournament will bring in.....why e an try considering the luck we have had against tbem......a noisy lousy game on the road to a good Uri team has its psychological benefits for more important games....I me aN why get all worked up when there is a corona virus in ri that absent turned up in Ohio yet.....right???right??..lol....uri 77 pc 63