3/1 | Saint Louis | 2:00PM (ESPNU)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Re: 3/1 | Saint Louis | 2:00PM (ESPNU)

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Not our day from opening tip. Not to say we deserved it but fuck. Every time we’d cut it to 4 or 5 SLU would go on a very quick 6-0 run. Much of it on 2nd chance. Absolutely getting destroyed on the glass.

Well I guess we don’t have a scoreboard watch or check the bracket matrix anymore. Have to beat Dayton and not lose until A-10 finals to even be a part of the discussion.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Finally!
0 x
KillSteenKill
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by KillSteenKill »

I would still be proud of a good NIT run. Jeff and Cyril deserve it
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

KillSteenKill wrote: 4 years ago I would still be proud of a good NIT run. Jeff and Cyril deserve it
Chill
4 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

KillSteenKill wrote: 4 years ago I would still be proud of a good NIT run. Jeff and Cyril deserve it
Hell no.

NCAA or BUST
5 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

What the fuck are they doing. Foul!!!!!!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thats all, folks.
0 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

I can’t agree at all, you can see Cyril wouldn’t be happy with an NIT the way he’s playing today. We still have games left to play
Last edited by TrevlontRook3 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Jesus. Terrible coaching down the stretch. Maybe we can get Shaka...?
1 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Happy with mediocre basketball, cool.
3 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

EmCOXsing!
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

I hate sports
0 x
Ram96
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ram96 »

We got outplayed in every facet. Horrible performance. Tourney hopes out the window.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago Jesus. Terrible coaching down the stretch. Maybe we can get Shaka...?
Fair weather ass bitch. Pathetic.
Ha, says the guy who wasn’t a fan until Cox was hired. I root for the laundry, not the coach. I want Cox to succeed, because that means URI is going well. This shit show? No thanks.
2 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

URI_05 wrote: 4 years ago
Happy with mediocre basketball, cool.
Are you serious?? Who gives a rats you know what about the NIT!! Meaningless basketball that people laugh at whose teams are in the tournament. There would be 2000 people at the games. This was an embarrassing ending to the season. Some of it was injuries and some of it was bad play. I would rather have the season end than go to the NIT. Can’t believe we are even talking about it
3 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Well, it was a very entertaining season. Hopefully we get a couple more solid recruits for next year.
1 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

It’s maddening how many times we’ve turned them over and came up empty.

Then they come back and get points with the shot clock at zero.

Here is the reality: If you look at the winning streak and when we playing well, we’re a lower top tier in conference type team when we don’t get the 20 ppg version of Fatts. The one that could carry this team and take over a game for stretches at a time. That’s not a knock on the kid because that’s a ton to ask or expect of a player.

But an NCAA team finds a way to beat Davidson and take care of business at home today.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Well Wednesday doesn’t matter anymore. Kiss our bid goodbye. Well coached teams get better. We’ve regressed.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Well, it was a very entertaining season. Hopefully we get a couple more solid recruits for next year.
Maybe more than 8 players?
3 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

They just aren't consistent and they are cold a lot more often and for longer periods of time than they are hot... and on the road they play like its drudgery.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

What a shame to have a setup like Wednesday with a top game going to the Ryan center only for it to be a meaningless game!! Not like this team could stay within 10 anyway
2 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

A win over Dayton more than erases this loss. That game is still meaningful... even more so now IMO
7 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Serious regression as of late. Not ideal. You are suppose to improve as the season goes on. And being "tired" is not an excuse they play twice a week 35 minutes should not wear out a college age kid.
2 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

I'm sorry but there should be no one defending Jermaine Harris anymore, brings nothing to the table. Dayton is going to destroy this team
4 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

mstyles22 wrote: 4 years ago When you catch the ball underneath the basket...

IMMEDIATELY GO UP WITH IT!!!

That is some rec league/CYO stuff. If you keep pump faking or pivoting, usually bad things will happen.
Tell Don Nelson that.!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

No excuses. No fucking passes. We blew our chance. Beating Dayton isn’t enough. We need to win the conference tournament and since we have more transfers than arguably anyone in the country we are not equipped for that. Our best shot was winning out. That’s over.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

We have 8 bodies that get minutes but let’s face it. Only 7 guys produce for this team.
1 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

PCFriars wrote: 4 years ago A win over Dayton more than erases this loss. That game is still meaningful... even more so now IMO
Reality check! The damage is done. Mute point anyway as we get trounced on Wednesday. Our resume is weak
1 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unless Dayton pulls a "Villanova" (see yesterday), and just racks up a 16-2 foul deficit in the first 25 mins and refuses to even throw up shots, this is pretty much it for this season.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

1 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Every concern rang true today:
1. Too short a bench-8 man rotation did not work
2. Langevine and Harris underneath the basket with the ball are lost (how many times have we seen that).
0 x
PCFriars
Jeff Kent

Unread post by PCFriars »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Unless Dayton pulls a "Villanova" (see yesterday), and just racks up a 16-2 foul deficit in the first 25 mins and refuses to even throw up shots, this is pretty much it for this season.
I'm not gonna tell you how to feel since I'm clearly a guest here and have never stirred the pot. But your comments on Nova letting PC win yesterday really makes you look pretty dumb.
6 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I was at a kid’s bday party today. What did I miss?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

J. Harris:
0 points. 1 rebound.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I was at a kid’s bday party today. What did I miss?
The kids would have put up a better fight than we did.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

PCFriars wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Unless Dayton pulls a "Villanova" (see yesterday), and just racks up a 16-2 foul deficit in the first 25 mins and refuses to even throw up shots, this is pretty much it for this season.
I'm not gonna tell you how to feel since I'm clearly a guest here and have never stirred the pot. But your comments on Nova letting PC win yesterday really makes you look pretty dumb.
We go as Fatts go. When Fatts is hot Cox looks like a great coach. When he’s not we are mid tier A-10 team.

PC just beat a top 12 team with Diallo and Duke barely doing anything. Hell of a coaching job by Cooley. Props to you guys.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Zero offensive vision today, whether it was Fatts on a Drive or Langevine and Harris on an offensive rebound they were going up 1 on 3 all day with guys sitting on the wing or in the corner. Those 3 guys were probably 4/20 in the paint excluding transition.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I was at a kid’s bday party today. What did I miss?
Presale information for our NIT home game?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

As was the concern after the Brown game, this team all-around just isn’t quite good enough to play consistent basketball at the level required to be an at-large team. The talent is clearly there as demonstrated by the nice run there from January into February. But for whatever reason, this team just disappears for stretches - in the micro they disappear for stretches in games (which I’ve raised concern about here since the first week of the season - never see a team so consistently have five minutes stretches of getting owned on both sides of the floor) and in the macro they get hot and then get ice cold for seemingly weeks at a time. It’s a wasted opportunity that this program doesn’t get enough of historically, and it’s an absolute shame. Just so disappointed and humiliated and depressed about where this program is right now. Not sure what the road back even looks like because next year’s roster is not going to be as good as this win. Could be a long winter in Kingston.
2 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Too much looking for fouls down low and not getting the calls.

Also this team goes as far as fatts takes them, that is violently clear
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago
they were down 47-43 with about 8 minutes to play.
Instead of playing them honest Cox continued the press which continually opened up layups and follow up rebounds.

BUt, they seemed intimidated by St. Louis, did we get a single offensive foul, did we even contest all their rebounds? They had a grand total of 13 free throws and how many lay ups? For a horrible free throw shooting team. We should have been fouling French in the second half- Really disappointing performance- so much has to go on Cox for this one.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago I'm sorry but there should be no one defending Jermaine Harris anymore, brings nothing to the table. Dayton is going to destroy this team
I’m not defending Harris. I just don’t like the constant bashing of him by one poster.

I blame coaching on this one. We had a coach that lost plenty of games like this.

When we cut the goddamn lead down multiple times stop fucking pressing and giving them wide open layups!!!
3 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

McRam wrote: 4 years ago
Instead of playing them honest Cox continued the press which continually opened up layups and follow up rebounds.

BUt, they seemed intimidated by St. Louis, did we get a single offensive foul, did we even contest all their rebounds? They had a grand total of 13 free throws and how many lay ups? For a horrible free throw shooting team. We should have been fouling French in the second half- Really disappointing performance- so much has to go on Cox for this one.
Exactly!!!!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

McRam wrote: 4 years ago

Ha yes, thanks. I actually did watch most of the game on my phone. Was just an attempt at some gallows humor.

Agree we should have been in hack-a-French the entire second half. Extend the game and make them hold you off from the line.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Can this team completely collapse? Obviously, we could lose the next two and I think that puts out of the first four. Early exit in A-10 and would we even get a NIT bid.??????
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Did we have a band there?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Jeff and Cyril deserve to play in the NCAA tournament again. Dan had the table set for Cox and the program to dance this year, we were in position to do it, and now we've lost three of our last five games and one of the wins was the Fordham debacle. This team is completely out of gas, which isn't a surprise with the thin roster, Cox hasn't had the team ready to go from the start of the game in a while and has had no answers to get the team and Fatts back on track. His timeout usage is complete garbage. He waited way too long to call the first one in the second half, but the good news is he left one on the table, so if we can carry it forward to the Dayton game he might feel comfortable using our timeouts at more appropriate times
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Students sucked , the game results sucked, the band was embarrassing. Dayton still matters. Go rams
5 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

nuttin"
0 x