2/22 | Davidson | 5:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Re: 2/22 | Davidson | 5:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago
RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago Week off was not a good thing.

it's not like they were running on all cylinders going into the week off.
Yeah but they came out stiff. It made the difference. I know it's totally armchair, but I just felt this game was a loss. Wife can confirm. Fuck.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago

Hahahahaha ok buddy, keep thinking Jermaine Harris is the second coming.

Kid stinks, and has stunk for two years.
Let's get a few things straight. First J. Harris is a student-athlete. Second, because of that fact and your pathetic whiny criticism you come off as a major tool.
If you’re an alum, have season tickets, and donate to the program and school, you’re allowed to criticize. Which is what I’m doing.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it and play nice just because he’s on our team.

That’s what’s wrong in today’s world, everyone gets offended with literally anything negative that is said.

Let’s call a spade a spade, kid isn’t any good after people here saying he’d be a program changer.

I see you paid money so everything goes in your mind....and by the way I have no concerns of political correctness. For me there is a clearly defined line between being a professional and being an amateur.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

A-10 eating itself.

I hate Davidson.
5 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Fatts is a streak shooter. He needs to play every three days.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Hahahahaha ok buddy, keep thinking Jermaine Harris is the second coming.

Kid stinks, and has stunk for two years.
Let's get a few things straight. First J. Harris is a student-athlete. Second, because of that fact and your pathetic whiny criticism you come off as a major tool.
If you’re an alum, have season tickets, and donate to the program and school, you’re allowed to criticize. Which is what I’m doing.

That’s what’s wrong in today’s world, everyone gets offended with literally anything negative that is said.

Let’s call a spade a spade, kid isn’t any good after people here saying he’d be a program changer.

I am not offended because I am not who you’re critiquing. It all boils down to your observations being wrong. Negative af attitude. I hope there is something in life that brings you enjoyment and happiness.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Losing this game really makes you think they are in big trouble. Let’s be honest we probably have the least amount of quality wins of anyone in the field. The better plan on beating Dayton at home. The Dayton is good, but not exactly a Duke championship caliber. Win the game if you deserve to go. If not than we should not be surprised if we get squeezed out. I’m not sure they beat both Umass and St.Louis. If that happens it won’t matter anyway.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Oh well, at least my Phonebank helped my man win Nevada. #beatdayton
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

I am not offended because I am not who you’re critiquing. It all boils down to your observations being wrong. Negative af attitude. I hope there is something in life that brings you enjoyment and happiness.

My observation about Jermaine Harris being bad is not wrong, it is actually 100% correct.

Any non URI fan in America would say the same thing if he/she watched all the games like we did.
0 x
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

My observation about Jermaine Harris being bad is not wrong, it is actually 100% correct.

Any non URI fan in America would say the same thing if he/she watched all the games like we did.
You literally will NOT give up on your JH criticism. It is hilarious at this point. Is there anyone on the team or coaching staff you even like? Completely rhetorical.
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Watching from the start. (I was unable to watch until about 3 min left in regulation). Langevine’s 2nd foul was terrible. First, it should have been an offensive foul as Jones ran over Dowtin (no call) followed by a clean block by Langevine that was incorrectly a foul.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

A few plays later there was an uncalled goaltending on Davidson
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Dino611
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Dino611 »

I don’t know if the announcers were correct at lip reading but they said JAG was complaining to the refs how fatts was being physical, goes to show how their the softest team in the A-10, and of course they call a foul on fatts right after, He’s 6-3 and fatts is 5-8/5-9 at most give me a break, what a softie
Last edited by Dino611 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Great game. Not a poorly officiated game. But they HOSED is at the end of regulation. That sucked.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Still trying to process why we ended the game with Walker when Toppin has always been in that spot.
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Bottom line is that we are not a good shooting team, at least not consistently. Teams are packing it in and lots of help defense when we drive because we can’t shoot. Been saying this for years: wish we would recruit a shooter. Doesn’t have to be a superior athlete, just adequate defensively but someone we feel good about his shot when it leaves his hand. I don’t see one coming in this next class or us involved with any...
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago Bottom line is that we are not a good shooting team, at least not consistently. Teams are packing it in and lots of help defense when we drive because we can’t shoot. Been saying this for years: wish we would recruit a shooter. Doesn’t have to be a superior athlete, just adequate defensively but someone we feel good about his shot when it leaves his hand. I don’t see one coming in this next class or us involved with any...
Gotta hope it’s Sheppard.
1 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Agree, missed a TON of shots, especially at the rim.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago Agree, missed a TON of shots, especially at the rim.
We have banged some layups off backboards with enough velocity that I won't be surprised if we smash one.
3 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

Ok. I started reading some of these posts and I had to stop.

STOP F’in CRYING. WE LOST A GAME. ITS AMAZING HOW ALL THESE BABIES TURN IN THIS TEAM AFTER EVERY LOSS. BORROW A SET OF BALLS SINCE SOME OF US FANS DONT HAVE THEM. ITS BEEN A GREAT RIDE. THESE KIDS PLAYED HARD AND WE LOST IN OT.

The ball didnt roll our way. A lot of suspect calls kept them in the game. Our star struggled. It happens. Quit crying. We have another game coming up. Amazing..friggin amazing.
7 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago Bottom line is that we are not a good shooting team, at least not consistently. Teams are packing it in and lots of help defense when we drive because we can’t shoot. Been saying this for years: wish we would recruit a shooter. Doesn’t have to be a superior athlete, just adequate defensively but someone we feel good about his shot when it leaves his hand. I don’t see one coming in this next class or us involved with any...
As fans we tend to overvalue our recruits. I don’t think Shepard is that guy (both hope he is). Leggett either. Wood likely won’t play much. I’ve heard how great of a shooter DJ is, yet he apparently isn’t that good cuz he doesn’t play
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

how many possessions did we waste setting up pick and rolls for cyril? i love the kid. he gives every possession of every game 110%...both ends of the floor, but i don't think we should be setting up plays for him on the offensive end. he needs to get his points like martin did in the first half. offensive rebound put backs.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago
As fans we tend to overvalue our recruits. I don’t think Shepard is that guy (both hope he is). Leggett either. Wood likely won’t play much. I’ve heard how great of a shooter DJ is, yet he apparently isn’t that good cuz he doesn’t play
Sheppard has at least proved it at the D1 level in a good conference, albeit only for one year.

High school recruits, regardless of rankings outside the Top 20, are a complete crapshoot.
0 x
Go Rhody
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Enough with the DJ talk. I’m not sure why people think he will ever contribute even one small thing to URI. He is a 13th man on the bench that is not D-1 caliber at this league. I heard Aris was a good player too and we need to trust him getting recruited by the staff.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

My favorite part of the game was the announcer saying “I wouldn’t wanna okay Fordham” when talking about how tough the A10 is.

How clueless and ignorant about college basketball do you have to be say you don’t want to play Fordham?
0 x
Go Rhody
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

We got crushed on the boards because they had 3-4 guys down low on every shot. That is also partly due to not having shooters.
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago

Enough with the DJ talk. I’m not sure why people think he will ever contribute even one small thing to URI. He is a 13th man on the bench that is not D-1 caliber at this league. I heard Aris was a good player too and we need to trust him getting recruited by the staff.
I agree. But there was lots of KB members raving about his 3 pt shooting before the season began.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Joe95 wrote: 4 years ago Walker and Harris cripple this team so badly.
I agree. Harris gets bashed all the time, but Walker is so overrated to me. He makes a lot of dumb plays and isn’t a great defensive player
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......start Toppin over Harris, he can probably get the tap, hit some free throws, play D, get some boards......work Jermaines minutes as needed......same for Walker.......at this point, why not?......tell me....or use the Hilton app to “pick the starters....”
5 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

No reason to give up yet yall.

Give up if we lose to Fordham.
3 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I agree. Harris gets bashed all the time, but Walker is so overrated to me. He makes a lot of dumb plays and isn’t a great defensive player
Walker really
Isn’t overrated, nobody has been saying he’s great.
1 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Walker really
But people have said, if he had been with the team earlier, they would've won more games....
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago

Walker really
But people have said, if he had been with the team earlier, they would've won more games....
I also remember being guaranteed by somebody that he would average 10 and 5 this year when he did come back. Hasn't worked out that way unfortunately.
2 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

The most troubling thing to me is that there were so many bad decisions down the stretch. You just can’t have that when the games ramp up in importance late in the regular season and in March.
Just about everything went wrong after that ill advised Walker three up one in OT.
4 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Walker really
Maybe I’m just sick of hearing you complain about Harris
and figured I would point out someone else.
Last edited by RamStock 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Also why the fuck did walker take 3 threes tonight?
Because Coach Cox was absolutely clueless tonight and let him.

Kid played way too much, he has shown nothing to warrant that much more time than Toppin.
Toppin is the better player, walker is no better than 7 or 8 man in the rotation and if he shoots threes he shouldn't play at all. The only time I've ever seen him make one is when he banks it in by accident.
2 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Everyone may be (definitely is) sick of it, but can’t say I’m wrong anymore.

I wish I was wrong, but don’t see that changing the rest of the season.
1 x
Go Rhody
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
Yeah and that’s our front court next year... scary
Hopefully toppin puts on 30 lbs
1 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Yea, I’m the only one who questioned his IQ. Kid doesn’t get it.
You really don’t observe this team well if you think that Rese “doesn’t give a ...” Blowhard. You must be a delight at dinner parties.

So lackadaisical, zero emotion, zero IQ.

WV game, and then this game fouling in a tie game not knowing the score.
with 50 seconds left taboot
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I was as pissed as anyone during the game but the way the conversation spirals after these games is wild. What the hell are we talking about Shepard and DJ for? Also why is it that every guy has to be an all American or they suck? Walker is a damn good reserve big man in the A10. He shouldn’t have been in the game in that situation, it’s not his fault.

URI screwed themselves by pissing away a very winnable game today but idk maybe we can just keep the analysis to this game and not let it sprawl and go off the rails?
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

I stayed away to post until now

You all can make fun of me but i am heart broken here

I hate these losses

Hate them
1 x
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I was as pissed as anyone during the game but the way the conversation spirals after these games is wild. What the hell are we talking about Shepard and DJ for? Also why is it that every guy has to be an all American or they suck? Walker is a damn good reserve big man in the A10. He shouldn’t have been in the game in that situation, it’s not his fault.

URI screwed themselves by pissing away a very winnable game today but idk maybe we can just keep the analysis to this game and not let it sprawl and go off the rails?
Those guys came up in regards to not having shooters, which is a big problem on this team. Teams pack it inside the paint making it difficult to get to the rim. When we do, there are at least 2-3 guys there contesting it because 1) we rarely pass it back outside 2) when we do, there are no knockdown shooters.
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

I’ve calmed down a little bit. It just took a few hours to accept that we now have to go 3-0 outside of the Dayton game to stay in the conversation come A-10 tourney.

Which is annoying because: We’ve all seen stinkers at Fordham, SLU will prob be 20-win team when we play them next week and UMass has ripped Rhody’s hearts out before.
(The UMass game is particularly annoying because it could derail us in any scenario including taking all of the wind out of our sail if we beat Dayton...)

THAT all being said, Davidson is a good team and it’s tough to play there. Rhody should have and could have won. Because I hate myself I rewatched the 2nd half, and while there were calls missed benefiting both teams, anytime Rhody had a chance to build momentum they got called for a foul away from the ball.

But at the end of the day, it’s an “allowable” loss. It just changes the requirements moving forward. Can’t lose another. And I think we’d all admit that’s the way it should be. A tourney team beats Fordham, SLU and UMASS.

Go 3-1 with a Dayton loss: Squarely on the bubble and its scoreboard watching time

Go 4-0: IN
4 x
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

If we are never going to pass the ball on a fast break, then why bother sending others to the offensive end? Once our shot misses or is blocked (usually against multiple defenders) we end up with a wide open three at the other end.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......Bone?.......whats say you?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago If we are never going to pass the ball on a fast break, then why bother sending others to the offensive end? Once our shot misses or is blocked (usually against multiple defenders) we end up with a wide open three at the other end.
Jeff hit Martin for a dunk off a steal and run out in overtime and it was a thing of beauty.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago If we are never going to pass the ball on a fast break, then why bother sending others to the offensive end? Once our shot misses or is blocked (usually against multiple defenders) we end up with a wide open three at the other end.
Jeff hit Martin for a dunk off a steal and run out in overtime and it was a thing of beauty.
Exactly my point! How many times have we seen the opposite with our shooter on the floor and the ball going in the other direction?
0 x
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

It’s really as simple as if Fatts anything but a horrid shooting night we win. He has carried us for most of the year and he was due for one. Hopefully it’s a one off and not the start of a streak.
0 x
NC_Ram
Steve Chubin

Unread post by NC_Ram »

This team had every opportunity to take over this game even with Fatts having an off night. The alley-oops, bigs shooting 3's ... the list goes on. We are an undisciplined team!
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I thought the biggest possession of the game came with about 3 minutes left in OT. We were up 3 with the ball and were seemingly milking the clock. Fatts dribbled in place for a while and Jeff ended up taking a difficult 3. We finally had a chance to get a little separation there. That was the beginning of a 3 minute scoring drought (technically, I believe the drought started after Fatts made 3 in OT).
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago This team had every opportunity to take over this game even with Fatts having an off night. The alley-oops, bigs shooting 3's ... the list goes on. We are an undisciplined team!
Jesus Christ...do we have an undisciplined 19-7 team or did we just have a bad night? You guys are such extremists.
3 x