THE EARLY LINE URI VS DAVIDSON

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS DAVIDSON

Unread post by luke »

The line has opened as DAVIDSON - 2 1/2 . That is shocking to me . I know they have been playing better , but they have been inconsistent ,
even going into overtime against St. Joes . so I would take URI and the points in a heart beat. I think URI will win this game . They have had a
hard time at Davidson in the past , but they should win this time and it is very important that they take this game . a win for Davidson doesn't do
a lot for them .
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS DAVIDSON

Unread post by ramster »

Davidson has only lost 1 game at home this season
A 6 point loss to Richmond
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

The computers do not like URI in this game. As a human, I think I may take issue with the computers and I see some value with the Rhody ML here. Will definitely be a tough one but I just think URI is a better team - here, there or on the moon.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The line for the URI at Davidson game doesn't jibe with the odds for some other A-10 games this weekend. VCU is a slight favorite at St Louis tonight and Richmond is favored at St Bonaventure tomorrow from what I can see. VCU has lost three straight games and Bonaventure supposedly is one of the toughest venues in the conference.
Last edited by RF1 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Davidson like VCU gets a lot of respect with regards to point spreads

Line doesn’t surprise me that much
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

While this is true , the only competitive team they beat at home was St.Llouis which is notoriously poor on the road and is 3-4 on the road in
conference . The only competitive team SLU has beaten on the road was Richmond who was without Francis at the time. As i mentioned , they
were taken to overtime by St. joes and also lost to St. joes in Philly recently. If URI just plays a decent game they should win . Davidson has to
have a very good game while URI is having a poor game for Davidson to win. If Harris or Langevine have a good game they could dominate and
Russell and Dowtin could also dominate.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Hopefully the week lay-off doesn’t affect us . We need to come out focused and with energy and take it to these guys
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This is surprising. But works in our favor for sure. Nothing like playing as an underdog. Plus, we had HASS in the house for a little practice tune up!!!!!! Let's get this one!!!
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Spread has dropped to Davidson - 2 . Expect it to continue to go lower. If you want to be tURI you better grab it now.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Hopefully the week lay-off doesn’t affect us . We need to come out focused and with energy and take it to these guys
I don’t worry about focus. Actually I’m glad we had the break. It gives them time to prepare.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago The computers do not like URI in this game. As a human, I think I may take issue with the computers and I see some value with the Rhody ML here. Will definitely be a tough one but I just think URI is a better team - here, there or on the moon.
I do not like green eggs and ham. I will not eat them in a box; I will not eat them with a fox!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago The computers do not like URI in this game. As a human, I think I may take issue with the computers and I see some value with the Rhody ML here. Will definitely be a tough one but I just think URI is a better team - here, there or on the moon.
I do not like green eggs and ham. I will not eat them in a box; I will not eat them with a fox!
WOULD YOU? COULD YOU? IN A CAR?
EAT THEM! EAT THEM! HERE THEY ARE.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Opened at URI +2
Now URI + 2 1/2

Won my last 2
I’ll sit this one out. This game scares me.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I think we win by 15.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I’m short, sharp, shocked....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This morning:
Caesars/Harrahs @7:20am and Circa Line @ 7:21am have moved the line up to URI +3

Others are all still at +2.5

Originally Opened at +2

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-ba ... e/02-22-20
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

It’s really based on which way the winds blowing.
0 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's based on which way the money is flowing. The desire is to have the money balanced across both teams.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I jumped on this line. Think vegas and bettors are over reacting to the play of davidson as of late. Seeing vcu completely destroy their season has to really keep these guys motivated to not lose it for jeff and cyrils last year. Got to send these seniors out on the right foot.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Does the line now make this a game that URI can lose because it is supposed to? Most bubble experts say Rhody is in as long as they win the games they are expected to. How then does this game and its circumstances fit into that narrative?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

It's part of the 5 seed plan. Rhody wins out AND wins conference champ title (Dayton has to lose...I know, insert sad faces here)
Then, make the A10T semis and play respectably ...equals 5 seed. 7 seed is fine, but 5 seed wb finer. Let's do that...I care way more about where Rhody winds up seeded than how many teams make it. Dayton's in...so, whatever, if they lose, great. If getting a 5 seed means one less team from the A10T, or getting a 7 seed means one more in...sign me up for the 5 seed every day, twice on Sunday.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

They covered!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago It's part of the 5 seed plan. Rhody wins out AND wins conference champ title (Dayton has to lose...I know, insert sad faces here)
Then, make the A10T semis and play respectably ...equals 5 seed. 7 seed is fine, but 5 seed wb finer. Let's do that...I care way more about where Rhody winds up seeded than how many teams make it. Dayton's in...so, whatever, if they lose, great. If getting a 5 seed means one less team from the A10T, or getting a 7 seed means one more in...sign me up for the 5 seed every day, twice on Sunday.
The fact you even thought before this game we had a chance at a 5 seed is hilarious.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago It's part of the 5 seed plan. Rhody wins out AND wins conference champ title (Dayton has to lose...I know, insert sad faces here)
The fact you even thought before this game we had a chance at a 5 seed is hilarious.
You are most welcome. You seem like someone that could use a little hilarity. Now, run with it.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Over hit cuz of the OT and URI covered the 2.5 or 3
0 x