2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Re: 2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by DC_Rams »

We will be fine.

No one in the A10 is beating Dayton.

They deserve to be Top 5 in the country.

I still believe in these guys, tonight wasn’t our night.

Maybe we did put too much pressure on ourselves, but again we regroup and get going again. Let’s just make the tourney:
4 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m not complaining about the officiating (7 techs is egregious) but I always said they would dictate how this game would go.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

This is a goddamn foul fucking fest.

Everybody knows the A-10 officiating is complete trash game in and game out.

Ridiculous calls both ways.

Otherwise we played scared from the jump and Dayton is great. Since Maui I've felt Dayton is a top 3 team in the country.

This will be good for us.

Take out our frustrations on St Joe's on saturday and get ourselves together with our first week off.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I love when people defend refs by saying essentially, "actually they have missed way more calls than just the one you are complaining about, so you shouldn't be complaining about that one because they are actually just bad all the time". Being a ref must be great with such low expectations on job performance!
5 x
RamFan89
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamFan89 »

At this rate, I say this game was lost when we went down 17-0. With that said, the refs have been atrocious on both sides since that point, killing any momentum in this game.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

No worries. Burn the tape and start a new win streak
10 x
Clapton is God
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Get mad and take it out on St. Joe’s. And start a new streak!
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We got our asses kicked. But this team needs to make the tourney. That's the goal.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Yep, just need to start a new streak, and we're still in solid shape overall. Maybe we need games to be must wins.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I love when people defend refs by saying essentially, "actually they have missed way more calls than just the one you are complaining about, so you shouldn't be complaining about that one because they are actually just bad all the time". Being a ref must be great with such low expectations on job performance!

adam...you will never hear me complain about the refs, but i agree they absolutely suck this game. what i find embarrassing are those on this board that only complain about the bad calls that go against uri and dismiss the calls that go in our favor. and like it or not...far more calls went our way and we were still getting blown out in the 1st half.
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Dayton is playing like a one seed.
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago We will be fine.

Maybe we did put too much pressure on ourselves, but again we regroup and get going again. Let’s just make the tourney:
I disagree. We can and will beat Dayton at home.
4 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

I’m pretty sure they just showed the cue app working at UDayton Arena. Even the cue app is doing better than us. It’s been that kind of night.
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

We’re 0-1 since denying media team access #mediacurse
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Dayton is really good. Nothing wrong with that. I think we all know what went wrong. Shooting, defense, free throws ,etc
It’s ok to take this on the chin and get ready for Saturday’s game. We will see Dayton again and see how things turn out.

Now about the refs, if I was both head coaches I would be calling the A-10 office about them. Horrible calls on both sides. Way too many foul calls. No one wants to watch them.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago

Here, here brother! It’ll be Senior night too!
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

beating dayton twice was going to be nearly impossible. at least we didn't lose while wasting a good effort. let's save the good effort for kingston. would rather beat them there anyway.
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago
adam914 wrote: 4 years ago I love when people defend refs by saying essentially, "actually they have missed way more calls than just the one you are complaining about, so you shouldn't be complaining about that one because they are actually just bad all the time". Being a ref must be great with such low expectations on job performance!

adam...you will never hear me complain about the refs, but i agree they absolutely suck this game. what i find embarrassing are those on this board that only complain about the bad calls that go against uri and dismiss the calls that go in our favor. and like it or not...far more calls went our way and we were still getting blown out in the 1st half.
Maybe I missed it, but I didnt see anybody blaming the refs for the loss. Just people mentioning bad calls that they see as they happen. Of course no fan of any team is going to complain when a call goes their way. That would be weird.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Let’s try something different:

Can anyone tell me anything we did well or anyone that played well tonight?

Free throws? Defense? Shooting? Subs? Layups? Transition? Taking care of the ball?

Burn this tape. Worst game in a year.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I mean just flat out saying we’ll beat them at home is stupid.
0 x
Go Rhody
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Who’s been defending the refs? They’ve been consistently bad both ways and they’re not the reason we’re losing.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lol I love Dave calling all these timeouts now but not to stop the runs in the beginning.

No one had it tonight.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

Tyrese has been an absolute ball-stopper tonight. Worst thing to happen was him getting 6 early points, the 3-point bricks and aimless flailing drives to the bucket commenced...
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Let’s try something different:

Free throws? Defense? Shooting? Subs? Layups? Transition? Taking care of the ball?

We’ve talked trash pretty good tonight, that’s about it.
2 x
Go Rhody
steviep123
Sly Williams

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Dayton crushed us by 30 at home last year and we beat them at Dayton a few weeks later.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

josephski wrote: 4 years ago
Who’s been defending the refs? They’ve been consistently bad both ways and they’re not the reason we’re losing.
Agreed. So thats why its weird that people are confused about why there are complaints about the refs. Again maybe I missed it but I didnt see anybody say they are the reason we are losing.
1 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Can anyone tell me anything we did well or anyone that played well tonight?
We traveled so well the refs didn't call it?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago

tp...you mean all the hard work we did by carrying the ball and not getting called for it? yes...horrible call went against URI at the end of the half, but you weren't complaining when at least 3 or 4 blown calls went our way in the first half. keep watching the game through your rose colored glasses.
Some bad calls will happen during a game but in the course of action if you err away from calling a close travel or you miss carry, that’s normal stuff I can live with. But when YOU blow a call and then you are too much of a scumbag to live with the fact that you missed the call so you call a phantom T to try to distract from it, that makes you not just a bad ref but a bad human being.

coming from many others on this board i would take it with a grain of salt, but TP i am absolutely stunned by your logic. so you mean to tell me that a carry or travel are during the normal course of action, but an out of bounds play isn't? like i said rose (or maybe keaney blue) colored glasses.
Yeah when a guy is all by himself and the ball bounces off of him out of bounds, that’s different than missing a call in traffic where you’re looking at a whole bunch of stuff at once. But more than that, missing the call is one thing but calling the T is where I really have the problem.

Whatever. It’s water under the bridge at this point because clearly we didn’t have it tonight. We could have gone into halftime down 7 and still got blown out so in the end it didn’t matter.

I want an evisceration of Joes Saturday. This team should be laser focused the rest of the way. Dose of reality tonight.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Final 28 minutes against maryland gave this a run for the money.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago beating dayton twice was going to be nearly impossible. at least we didn't lose while wasting a good effort. let's save the good effort for kingston. would rather beat them there anyway.
I think I prefer seeing a good effort every time...win or lose.. I know. Weird.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Set season record for technical fouls drawn
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

We lost because Dayton crushed us. They are an unbelievable offensive team.
3 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Lol I love Dave calling all these timeouts now but not to stop the runs in the beginning.

No one had it tonight.
Pretty sure the first TO was called at 10-0, which is pretty reasonable I think. Not making excuses though, this was a real stinker all the way around.
3 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

don't miss the rematch at the riley center at URI next month
4 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

All kidding aside, and I’m not saying they were for or against Rhody, but as the A10 you have to bring in a better crew of refs for this showdown on a national stage. Just ugly ugly ugly with no rhythm whatsoever.
1 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Some bad calls will happen during a game but in the course of action if you err away from calling a close travel or you miss carry, that’s normal stuff I can live with. But when YOU blow a call and then you are too much of a scumbag to live with the fact that you missed the call so you call a phantom T to try to distract from it, that makes you not just a bad ref but a bad human being.

coming from many others on this board i would take it with a grain of salt, but TP i am absolutely stunned by your logic. so you mean to tell me that a carry or travel are during the normal course of action, but an out of bounds play isn't? like i said rose (or maybe keaney blue) colored glasses.
Yeah when a guy is all by himself and the ball bounces off of him out of bounds, that’s different than missing a call in traffic where you’re looking at a whole bunch of stuff at once. But more than that, missing the call is one thing but calling the T is where I really have the problem.

Whatever. It’s water under the bridge at this point because clearly we didn’t have it tonight. We could have gone into halftime down 7 and still got blown out so in the end it didn’t matter.

I want an evisceration of Joes Saturday. This team should be laser focused the rest of the way. Dose of reality tonight.
Yup, I just need Ryan Daly embarrassed Saturday for some reason. That guy drives me nuts, and is tied for scoring with Fatts also.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Brown still worse but otherwise agree.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

After we win come find me at the Ryan Center and call me stupid. I’m in section 204.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but I didnt see anybody blaming the refs for the loss. Just people mentioning bad calls that they see as they happen. Of course no fan of any team is going to complain when a call goes their way. That would be weird.
of course...i wouldn't expect anyone to complain about bad calls that go our way. i wouldn't either, but i would certainly remember/mention them if i started complaining about a call that went against us. and while they didn't say that the bad officiating cost us the game, they certainly whined about it changing momentum....which it did, but similar bad calls helped us get momentum in the first half.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago don't miss the rematch at the riley center at URI next month
Worst fucking announcers all season. Stay out of RI asshats.
3 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago don't miss the rematch at the riley center at URI next month
is uri playing home games in olean now?
1 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

50 fouls called this game. A10 seriously needs to address the ref situation. Wasnt called bad one way or another just atrocious overall!!!
1 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Very disappointing. Poorly played and officiated.
1 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Not sure we can beat this team.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Covered the 2nd half spread.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I love how you have all the answers bro.

We lost.

We rung off 10 in a row, and lost tonight. It’s the nature of the game dude.

We didn’t play well tonight, that’s all, that’s it. Accountability is always across board.

We aren’t fucking Baylor, we are, who we are.

We can clutch our pearls, and cry like bitches, or we can regroup and battle back the remainder of the season.

These kids ain’t robots, 7 techs will tell you that they are just as angry and vested in the game as we could possibly want them to be. For whatever reason we didn’t have it tonight and Dayton is fucking FORREAL. I feel that even with a great 40 minutes against their great 40 minutes and this still would be a toss up.

Stop pouting, buck up and let’s go fucking win the next 8-10.
4 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

Dayton crushed us by 30 at home last year and we beat them at Dayton a few weeks later.

They also weren’t a national championship contender.
1 x
Go Rhody
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

RhodysRelevant wrote: 4 years ago Not sure we can beat this team.
Not sure many can.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.