2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Re: 2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Was there any clarification on who the tech was called on?
0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Ouch that Tech hurt.
Looked like someone on the far end of the bench said something.
Almost the same thing to Dayton on there Tech.
Either the Ref has rabbit ears or some “ magical words “ were said. Both head coaches did not look to happy about it.

Time to re group. Game is far from over.
Keep attacking the hoop and get the fouls calls.
That kept us in the game. Free throw shooting this half has to be at 80% or better.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhodyram wrote: 4 years ago Was there any clarification on who the tech was called on?
To my knowledge, no, but they said a coach on the bench.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

The T looked like a makeup call.

Our defense is pathetic -- Dayton can go pretty much wherever they want. Plus, they're a step and a half quicker. Plus, they've forced us into about two dozen bad shots.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago This game could have been 7 (or better) at halftime. That ref called that ball that bounced out of bounds off a Dayton player with nobody around Dayton ball and then we got teched I guess for complaining about it. That’s one of the worst pieces of officiating I’ve ever seen. If people don’t understand why I hate refs, this is why.

you too TP? were you complaining when URI got a 5 point play after martin carried the ball? or when cyril traveled 3 times before making a layup?

i'm embarrassed for any URI fan that complains about the officiating in the last 2 minutes of the first half of this game.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

NJRhodyFan wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

Can you please just go away?? You are such a loser! You spend every waking moment looking for a reason to rip the kid. Get a life. Honestly.
Don’t get mad cus all you are defending a kid who isn’t good.
You’re a tool. You rag on the kid as if you have some personal vendetta against him. Grow up. Nobody on this board has ever said Harris is the top player on this team, yet he’s contributing during this 10-game winning streak just like everybody else. You’re ripping on him because he gave up a few points against Obi Toppin, arguably a top-5 player in the country, which makes your jabs that much more pathetic and petty. Go back to mommy’s basement and let the real fans enjoy the game.

I rag on the kid because he was a top 80 kid, people said he would average 17-20 points, say he’s a “developing big” when he hasn’t done anything to show he’ll develop, people compliment him getting the tip, a hook shot, and his hustle which if that’s the only thing you can compliment, you know he stinks.

Sorry I expect him to be better than he is.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Absolutely can’t blame the officials to this point.

Dayton defending at an elite level. They are all over Fatts. He has no room to operate. Staff needs to dial up some plays to free him up or this won’t get any better.

Dayton looking like a Final Four team so far tonight.
2 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

This game sucks so far. Need to come out better in the 2nd half.
Has anyone noticed how the announcers on CBS are salivating over Dayton’s balls..?
Last edited by SandorClegane 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago This is the first game I’ve watched where I haven’t heard an announcer say where Fatts got his name from.
Still early

First time I heard someone say we may have to put Dana Tate in, after he transferred
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago This game could have been 7 (or better) at halftime. That ref called that ball that bounced out of bounds off a Dayton player with nobody around Dayton ball and then we got teched I guess for complaining about it. That’s one of the worst pieces of officiating I’ve ever seen. If people don’t understand why I hate refs, this is why.
Agreed. I rewound for the replay (because God forbid CBSSN show it) and it was clear beyond a doubt it was off Dayton. Horrible call.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago

you too TP? were you complaining when URI got a 5 point play after martin carried the ball? or when cyril traveled 3 times before making a layup?

i'm embarrassed for any URI fan that complains about the officiating in the last 2 minutes of the first half of this game.
Agreed. We had numerous calls go our way. The deficit should arguably be more than it is.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Welp, we need Fatts to go for 40 this half.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

You’re a tool. You rag on the kid as if you have some personal vendetta against him. Grow up. Nobody on this board has ever said Harris is the top player on this team, yet he’s contributing during this 10-game winning streak just like everybody else. You’re ripping on him because he gave up a few points against Obi Toppin, arguably a top-5 player in the country, which makes your jabs that much more pathetic and petty. Go back to mommy’s basement and let the real fans enjoy the game.

I rag on the kid because he was a top 80 kid, people said he would average 17-20 points, say he’s a “developing big” when he hasn’t done anything to show he’ll develop, people compliment him getting the tip, a hook shot, and his hustle which if that’s the only thing you can compliment, you know he stinks.

This is getting old and tired
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That’s true we needed that call right there and we probably down 7 at worst huge swing to be down 14
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I’m embarrassed that you’re embarrassed.

The Dayton kid was all by himself and knocked the ball out of bounds. The eggshell psyche refs get mad at other people when they fuck up on TV and T people up because they’re humiliated. They’re cowardly reaction to being terrible at their job cost URI all the work they did to get back into the game.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Goddamn SEVEN point swing (5 points them vs a possible bucket for us) by refs blowing the Dayton OOB play then T-ing us up.

were you complaining when Cyril traveled three times and made a layup. or when martin carried the ball and didn't get called for it and RI ended up with a 5 point play?
No, but difference was that was not nearly the momentum swing that this was.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago This is the first game I’ve watched where I haven’t heard an announcer say where Fatts got his name from.
Still early

First time I heard someone say we may have to put Dana Tate in, after he transferred
Yeah I’m pretty sure that would be an NCAA violation
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I'm sick of Rhody15 talking about Jermaine Harris, but if he starts the second half and defends Obi Toppin I'll lose my mind. Ryan Preston played a great first half and Cyril can somewhat contain Obi. Start Preston...
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

We got it to single digits and they shot lights out. Stay focused.
1 x
GO RAMS
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago
Agreed. I rewound for the replay (because God forbid CBSSN show it) and it was clear beyond a doubt it was off Dayton. Horrible call.

steviep...did you rewind the tape to see if there were any horrible calls that went URI's way in the first half? all of your complaints are truly embarrassing.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago

The Dayton kid was all by himself and knocked the ball out of bounds. The eggshell psyche refs get mad at other people when they fuck up on TV and T people up because they’re humiliated. They’re cowardly reaction to being terrible at their job cost URI all the work they did to get back into the game.
Besides, I've seen worse travels against us get uncalled. Namely Tre Mitchell on numerous occasions during the ZooMass game.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I am just going to say - we play better in the 2nd half and Dayton does not.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Making a run!

Oh with Harris on the bench too...

Toppin hasn’t scored since Cyril has gone on him.
Can you please just go away?? You are such a loser! You spend every waking moment looking for a reason to rip the kid. Get a life. Honestly.
So the half is over and the criticism is only on Harris and Langevine. Not a word about our guard play.

Our star guards missed their first 8 shots. Dowtin missed 3, Russel missed 5 before he hit a drive. Russell with 2 points in the half. You say we made the run with Harris on the bench, but you don’t mention Russell was also on the bench during the run.

Dowtin came on the last 5 minutes scoring 8 points in the last 4:57 of the half - the first 15 minutes of the half he had zero. Russell only 2 points in the half.

We need Dowtin and Russell this second half.

Langevine played tough with 7 rebounds, 8 points. He is not a good FT Shooter but we did not get to 18-5 and 10 straight wins because of Langevine FT Shooting. That is not why we are in this position down 14.

Walker and Toppin played well with 3 rebounds each and 4 points each helping to keep the game as close as it is.
AA37CCCD-3A26-4432-A4B6-8A47C79121AB.png
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I expect you to be better than you are. Post about anything other than Harris. Bordering on harassment at this point.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

For the record - ppl didn’t say 17-20 for JH - I said it - and I was wrong to say it

Now, we need to come together as a team and as a fan base and FOCUS

every possession I want us all
To be together and will this victory and Comeback

Let’s go
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Lol ok bud. Just like they didn’t call walker or Martin for a travel and then we get a 5 point play out of it that gets us back in the game.
Last edited by josephski 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

This would be an epic comeback.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Just want them to play hard and forget the score. Play like it is a 2 point game
1 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Does that guy behind the announcer have a beer in his seat?
1 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago I'm sick of Rhody15 talking about Jermaine Harris, but if he starts the second half and defends Obi Toppin I'll lose my mind. Ryan Preston played a great first half and Cyril can somewhat contain Obi. Start Preston...

Ryan preston ehh???🤔
Last edited by FDshoes 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

tp...you mean all the hard work we did by carrying the ball and not getting called for it? yes...horrible call went against URI at the end of the half, but you weren't complaining when at least 3 or 4 blown calls went our way in the first half. keep watching the game through your rose colored glasses.
0 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

Dayton defending well without help. Rhody helping too much at times, leading to gaps for drives and open looks from three. Need to play more straight up D in the second half, with only Cyril guarding Obi. No one else can handle him one on one. Cyril will at least make him work.
0 x
ghostofkeaney
Michael Andersen

Unread post by ghostofkeaney »

We got within 9. I have faith. let’s go boys
0 x
Boo.
steviep123
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago

steviep...did you rewind the tape to see if there were any horrible calls that went URI's way in the first half? all of your complaints are truly embarrassing.
Before that I mentioned to my friend watching with me that Rhody is getting some breaks. Nothing was atrocious as that which broke a run. Lead was cut to 9 with about 2 mins left.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Both teams got 5 pt plays. One team started the game up 17-0. That's the difference.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Get Harris out, he is such a liability.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

And a weak foul call on Langevine
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

URI getting sloppy and Dayton can move and pass the ball
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Goddamn SEVEN point swing (5 points them vs a possible bucket for us) by refs blowing the Dayton OOB play then T-ing us up.

were you complaining when Cyril traveled three times and made a layup. or when martin carried the ball and didn't get called for it and RI ended up with a 5 point play?

are you kidding me? the tech on them spurred a 7-0 run for us. but true. in your rhody blue heart the refs are picking on us
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

steviep123 wrote: 4 years ago URI getting sloppy and Dayton can move and pass the ball
Pretty much the difference to this point, Dayton just finishes transition plays with so much more ease than the Rams.
1 x
HobbyBurley
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HobbyBurley »

Dayton is good. Prettay, prettay, prettay, prettay good.
3 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

are you kidding me? the tech on them spurred a 7-0 run for us. but true. in your rhody blue heart the refs are picking on us
Weird hill to die on, but ok I don't feel like getting into the refs any longer...
1 x
ghostofkeaney
Michael Andersen

Unread post by ghostofkeaney »

Fatts bleeding?
0 x
Boo.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Lol well our guards didn’t show up tonight. Harris can not play defense at this level yet. Really no one got off the plane.

We were rattled. Even the “no media” for part makes me think we put too much pressure on ourselves going into this.

Q1 loss on the road. Won’t hurt us. Regroup and get better after this one and win another 10 in a row and go to the dance.

Should be used to being a bridesmaid and never a bride at this point. Idk why I even got up for it lol.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Fatts have a big cut on his face?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Besides, I've seen worse travels against us get uncalled. Namely Tre Mitchell on numerous occasions during the ZooMass game.
cyril travelled 3 times on that play...but by all means go back two games to find a play to make your point. :)
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Yup
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

This team is superior to us.. they move the ball crisply and with purpose.. tons of open shots.. we have to battle for every shot.. hope we hang in there but they are real good.. definitely seem for real
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Fatts gets a T for getting cut on his eye?
Last edited by adam914 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I have no idea what is going on.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!