2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Re: 2/11 | Dayton | 7:30PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Can't wait until my guy Jermaine hits a step back game winning 3... :D :D :D

^the good kind of janitor work - TP
2 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Just win baby!

1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Can't wait until my guy Jermaine hits a step back game winning 3... :D :D :D
I know this is in jest, but he displayed a nice jump hook in the Davidson game. I haven't seen it since. If he can develop this, it will be a huge boost to his game.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RamFan89
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by RamFan89 »

OhioRam32 wrote: 4 years ago
OhioRam32 wrote: 4 years ago I go to Miami (OH) which is 1 hr from Dayton. I saw tix for this game back in January and they were $18 for nosebleeds but my syllabi had not been posted yet so I held off so I could see if I had anything important due the next day. Dayton was #13 at this point. My syllabi were posted right after Dayton became #7. I checked tix....$110 for the same nosebleeds. See where being responsible got me?? It got me stuck in my apartment tonight dealing with buffering every few minutes trying to watch the biggest URI regular season game I can remember. There's a valuable lesson in that. Screw being responsible!!! Anyway, let's fucking win.
THEY ARE DOWN TO $35, ALMOST TO MY TARGET. THAT DAMNED COLLEGE KID BUDGET. I AM PLAYIN THE GAME BABY, JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE. Would really appreciate everyone's support during this mentally trying time.
What's your target? I'm about an hour out of Dayton for work and thinking about making the trek up to the game. Would be cool to sit with a fellow Rhody fan.
5 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I just want to see us keep it close, hope we get a fair whistle and see if our defense and physical play wears them down. If we're within five in the last three minutes, I'll really like our chances.

Oh, and we'd better not go cold from 3.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

My Friends Dad is in Dayton and said this is a very big game in town with lots of hype. Tons of media coverage and a big buzz similar to what we have here. We just have to stay focused and keep fighting. Win this one somehow and you start making your NCAA tourney travel plans. Go Rhody!
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Dayton is a very talented and elite team clearly. But even though a couple months ago, Rams played Maryland, LSU and West Virginia. All extremely talented and excellent teams. Rams hung with MD and LSU for the most part, ran out of gas and not deep enough to go down to wire with physicality and athleticism of LSU and Maryland. We were right in game with West Va and could have won with a couple breaks. Also, Rhody is a much better team right now than they were then. Regardless or what happens, this team will not be intimidated.
6 x
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

Today's hype feels a lot like March 12th, 2017. Eyes will be on this game tonight, and a win would create so much HYPE for this PROGRAM.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Watched the first half of last year's game, had forgotten they also had Cunningham to pair with Toppin. Few things stuck out.

*Harris and Tate both gave us very good minutes on both sides of the court, sorry Rhody 15.

*We limited everyone else around Obi, Crutcher was a non factor in 1H. Same for Landers. Need that tonight as well.

*We didn't play particularly great, had some sloppy TOs and missed assignments on D, but we shot it well and went in up 7 at halftime.

*Fatts played with supreme confidence in front of 13K fans. That dude loves the bright lights.

*Cyril was a beast, will need that again.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We really need to stay out of foul trouble early . We only play 8 so if someone picks up a quick 2 fouls that will hamstring us ??
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

*Harris and Tate both gave us very good minutes on both sides of the court, sorry Rhody 15.

I am feeling Jermaine will play big, actually the rest of the year which will obviously make us that much more dangerous. Wish Dana was still here, but he's not, but I am sure he is cheering for his ex teammates.
4 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

I can’t remember a regular season game thread go 5 pages before the game even started. I literally don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself for the next 3 hours.
6 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Yeah this calm before the storm is tough haha. So close you can taste it but far enough away that your just antsy and dont know how to use all the excitement.
0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago Yeah this calm before the storm is tough haha. So close you can taste it but far enough away that your just antsy and dont know how to use all the excitement.

Time for a few adult beverages to calm the nerves and pass the time.
5 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

I’m so nervous I’ll be getting into my truck at 840 going to be freaking out to tune in on the radio and see where we are it
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I just can't focus on work at all today, I keep coming back to the forum...1 hour and 38 minutes til game time!!!
2 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago I just can't focus on work at all today, I keep coming back to the forum...1 hour and 38 minutes til game time!!!
This is me most days tbh but today is extra special hahah.
1 x
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago I just can't focus on work at all today, I keep coming back to the forum...1 hour and 38 minutes til game time!!!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this one tips at 7:30
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody_NYCT
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Rhody_NYCT »

2 hours to go! Can't wait!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago I can’t remember a regular season game thread go 5 pages before the game even started. I literally don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself for the next 3 hours.
The VCU @ URI game thread just eleven days ago was also already at five pages prior to the tip.
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

RF1 wrote: 4 years ago
bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago I can’t remember a regular season game thread go 5 pages before the game even started. I literally don’t know what I’m gonna do with myself for the next 3 hours.
The VCU @ URI game thread just eleven days ago was also already at five pages prior to the tip.
Ha - admittedly I did not do much research on pre-game threads, but we still have two hours to go before tip off!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago
Ha - admittedly I did not do much research on pre-game threads, but we still have two hours to go before tip off!
If the recent beloved poster hadn't been sent to timeout we might already be to 10 pregame pages :oops: :oops:
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but this one tips at 7:30
Ugh! okay... 1 hour and 42 minutes til game time!!
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......nervous?.......I am......Go Rhody......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

The Ramettes flew out today also.
Dan is pumped about it

Always
Attachments
F758D72D-8B55-4D46-9EE2-8FE13C7E7DFE.jpeg
4 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago

If the recent beloved poster hadn't been sent to timeout we might already be to 10 pregame pages :oops: :oops:
Lmao has anybody seen ben?!!! I know it's you ben.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ace wrote: 4 years ago

Dan is pumped about it

Always
Where have you been, my friend? Hope all is well and you’re enjoying this season from your guy.
6 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Ace is back. I’m eating a cheesesteak for Fatts. LFG!!!
6 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Interviewed him for our podcast last year. Follow @davidpjablonski on Twitter for a great Dayton perspective
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Dan is pumped about it

Always
Don’t think for a second Dan hasn’t been following our Rams. Myself (and others) have been in contact with him and he’s cheering on the boys from afar.

I’ve been a stressed out mess all day. LETS GET THIS ONE!!!

RHODY RHODY RHODY!!!!
8 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......Rams Rams Rams.....
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

To win this game would obviously be huge. Rhody would be in the Tournament and Top 25. I am not stressed out because this is a bonus situation. This is the first game in the last 11 that truly is not a must win game. I hope the players take a stress free approach and play a great game - and get the win.

Edit: I just want a close game so there is no damage to Rhody’s Net. Of course I would love Rhody on the winning end.
Last edited by Rhody83 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

EZBuckets wrote: 4 years ago

Dan is pumped about it

Always
Don’t think for a second Dan hasn’t been following our Rams. Myself (and others) have been in contact with him and he’s cheering on the boys from afar.

RHODY RHODY RHODY!!!!
I don’t doubt it at all, but cool to see the public support.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Dan is pumped about it

Always
Where have you been, my friend? Hope all is well and you’re enjoying this season from your guy.

Agreed! Was going to say haven’t seen your insight in ages, ace!
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Less than an hour!!! Time to make some snacks to watch the game.
2 x
RamFan89
Frenchy Tomlin

Haven't heard from OhioRam32, but I'm ready to brave the arena alone unless anyone else wants to link up in the next 15 minutes or so.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RamFan89 wrote: 4 years ago Haven't heard from OhioRam32, but I'm ready to brave the arena alone unless anyone else wants to link up in the next 15 minutes or so.
Not going to tell you what to do, but if it was me no fucking way I’d miss this game. UD arena is awesome and their fans are good. It’s not the Yankee Stadium bleachers in ‘75.
3 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Let’s go rams!!! Time to make a statement tonight
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RamFan89 wrote: 4 years ago Haven't heard from OhioRam32, but I'm ready to brave the arena alone unless anyone else wants to link up in the next 15 minutes or so.
Not going to tell you what to do, but if it was me no fucking way I’d miss this game. UD arena is awesome and their fans are good. It’s not the Yankee Stadium bleachers in ‘75.
I will tell you what to do - GO!!
I’ve been to Dayton Arena and it’s great. I sat right behind the URI Bench on one visit. The atmosphere is amazing. The draft beer flows very freely. Can’t beat it. It’s a very big game for both teams. It will be the biggest home game of the season for Dayton.
1 x
RamFan89
Frenchy Tomlin

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
I will tell you what to do - GO!!
I’ve been to Dayton Arena and it’s great. I sat right behind the URI Bench on one visit. The atmosphere is amazing. The draft beer flows very freely. Can’t beat it. It’s a very big game for both teams. It will be the biggest home game of the season for Dayton.

No worries, not a shot in hell I'm missing it. Just figured I'd hold on buying a ticket for a bit since they can be had cheap ($30 after fees) if you don't care about your seat
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Nice little preview on CBSSN right now.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

EZBuckets wrote: 4 years ago

Dan is pumped about it

Always

RHODY RHODY RHODY!!!!
RAMS RAMS RAMS
1 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Ok ok
I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I have to ask is there any way of a live stream? I can’t seem to get one working.
My laptop won’t open the video for it when I click on it
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Look at that line to get in!
1 x
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Rhodysk wrote: 4 years ago Ok ok
I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I have to ask is there any way of a live stream? I can’t seem to get one working.
My laptop won’t open the video for it when I click on it
I was able to watch the GW game on CBS Sports network this weekend and had similar problems to start. If you have an ad blocker on you need to turn that off. In the end I could only get the stream working in Firefox after trying in Chrome, and Internet explorer first.
Good luck!
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
rhodylocal
Jeff Kent

Unread post by rhodylocal »

Or just download the CBS sports app on a phone.
0 x
Dan Hurley 2012-2018:
Year 1: 8-21 3-13 T–14th
Year 2:14-18 5-11 10th
Year 3:23-10 13-5 T-2nd NIT 2nd RD
Year 4:17-15 9-9 7th
Year 5:25-10 13-5 T-3rd NCAA T
Year 6:26-8 15-3 1st NCAA T

Archie Miller 2022-?:
Year 1:9-22 5-13 14th
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

when I think about how nervous we have all been today, I feel for the players and coaches. Hope they get zen right about now.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

I'm hoping to be able to stream tonight's game on the CBSSports app too.

I'm sitting at anchor in Alliance Bay off of the coast of Mustique Island in the Grenadines, grilling fresh caught snapper on the stern of sailboat, got a newly poured rum and coke in hand...

You might say there's no way this day could get any better than this, but there is...

Go Rhody!!!!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Nice pregame feature on CBS Sports about Obi Toppin. His mother was interviewed too. She is at most all of Jacob’s home games and she told me a couple of weeks ago that she would definitely be at this game tonight in Dayton.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x