That's Enough, Fordham...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Re: That's Enough, Fordham...

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago
daytonflyerfan wrote: 4 years ago # of seasons with a rpi of 100 or better, from the 1993-1994 season thru last year:

Murray State 12, not likely this year
Iona 11, not likely this year
Belmont 10, not likely this year
Vermont 7, likely this year
Siena 6, not likely this year

Data from www.collegerpi.com and www.realtimerpi.com
And what’s Fordham, LaSalle and Duquesne who many posters have wanted dropped from the A10?
Bro, email bmcglade@atlantic10.org with your suggestions.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......history; .......do we know of any other NCaA conference that boots teams out due to a single criteria like sucking record in any sport?......and where their facilities are deemed sub-standard?......just asking....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago
ramster wrote: 4 years ago
daytonflyerfan wrote: 4 years ago # of seasons with a rpi of 100 or better, from the 1993-1994 season thru last year:

Murray State 12, not likely this year
Iona 11, not likely this year
Belmont 10, not likely this year
Vermont 7, likely this year
Siena 6, not likely this year

Data from www.collegerpi.com and www.realtimerpi.com
And what’s Fordham, LaSalle and Duquesne who many posters have wanted dropped from the A10?
Bro, email bmcglade@atlantic10.org with your suggestions.
I’m not the one wanting this. It will never happen. But for all of you bringing it up every year send her your ideas.
0 x
RIrugger01
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RIrugger01 »

Does anyone here know why Fordham wants to stay in the A-10? Is it just so they can say they play in a good conference? They are already in the Patriot for football. Why not move basketball over there and maybe be more competitive. They would have a better chance of making the dance from that league.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......I think if they wanted out of the A-10, in all sports they are currently in, they would act accordingly and find a pathway out, until that the A-10 mission of the student athlete, and their missions are out of sync, they will remain.......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Can someone post Fordhams overall record year by year and conference record year by year for the last 25 years so we can see just how awful they are ??
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I know I read somewhere that Fordham has had only two winning seasons in the last twenty years.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

VIDEO FOOTAGE OF FORDHAM IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT

THIS IS REAL FOLKS

1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Prior to them being in A10
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

reef wrote: 4 years ago Can someone post Fordhams overall record year by year and conference record year by year for the last 25 years so we can see just how awful they are ??

Their Atlantic 10 record is 99-305..........

YIKES

We should also add their Atlantic 10 tournament resume.

They are 6-19 all time in the A-10 tournament.
Once they won twice in one conference tournament. Otherwise it's one and done or rarely beating someone else bad.

To further add to their FUTILITY, there's also this Fordamning stat!

From 08/09 to 12/13 you only had to place in the top 12 of the league to qualify for the A-10 tournament.

The Fordham Rams failed to qualify any of those seasons.

The hellllll are you doing Fordham?

Oh that's right, losing.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

[quote=PeterRamTime post_id=434696 time=1581145631 user_id=1211
reef wrote: 4 years ago Can someone post Fordhams overall record year by year and conference record year by year for the last 25 years so we can see just how awful they are ??

YIKES

Once they won twice in one conference tournament. Otherwise it's one and done or rarely beating someone else bad.

From 08/09 to 12/13 you only had to place in the top 12 of the league to qualify for the A-10 tournament.

Oh that's right, losing.
[/quote]

Pretty tough on Fordham with those stats PRT..

Here’s head to head Fordham vs URI since 2012

How’s that thing about people who live in glass houses go? We have lost 3 of our last 4. 6-6 In our last 12 games since 2012. I know, the Refs probably screwed us.

Next Game is Wednesday February 26 at Fordham 7pm.

A908340C-C47D-4506-89EB-CEC468B1429C.png
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......history; .......do we know of any other NCaA conference that boots teams out due to a single criteria like sucking record in any sport?......and where their facilities are deemed sub-standard?......just asking....
Temple football was kicked out of the Big East in the early 2000's due to facilities and non-competitiveness
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......not defending Fordham, but didn’t they recently spent some money on their hoops facility?.......probably more like lip stick on a pig thing......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago [quote=PeterRamTime post_id=434696 time=1581145631 user_id=1211

YIKES

Oh that's right, losing.

Pretty tough on Fordham with those stats PRT..

Here’s head to head Fordham vs URI since 2012

How’s that thing about people who live in glass houses go? We have lost 3 of our last 4. 6-6 In our last 12 games since 2012. I know, the Refs probably screwed us.

Next Game is Wednesday February 26 at Fordham 7pm.

A908340C-C47D-4506-89EB-CEC468B1429C.png
[/quote]

That’s the point exactly though. Teams have bad games - especially in conference. Having a bad game against a good team isn’t a loss that will kill you.

Having a bad game against a bad team kills your chances of an at large.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Nothing is a MUST WIN game more than our game at Fordham.

I mean, most of our remaining games are, but that one is the biggest must win of them all. Then St. Joes.

I remember that 2017 loss 53-43. That was to me the worst I've ever seen us play, and since I've been following the program for 50+ years, that's saying something. Maybe the St.Joes senior day bomb, and a loss to Manhattan 54-44 a long time ago were close, but not the worst.

We were all about ready to tar and feather Dan and run him out of town . Can laugh about it now though!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

So because a Fordham beats us 6 of the last 12 times we should push to get them out of the A10 because it looks a lot worse to lose to a bad team.

Ok.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We lose to Fordham 6 out of 12, and have beaten VCU 8 of the last 9 games.

Funny stuff, this basketball.

Must be under some kind of spell when we play the Bronx Rams.

Even some of those 6 wins have been nail biters.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago So because a Fordham beats us 6 of the last 12 times we should push to get them out of the A10 because it looks a lot worse to lose to a bad team.

Ok.
Not once in this thread has anyone brought up their performance against URI or any other team in particular.

They should be booted because they refuse to invest in their program despite the resources to do so.

Win or lose against them, their existence on ours or anyone’s schedule hurts your at large chances.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Confirming my earlier guess, here is Fordham's overall record per year over last twenty years which shows two winning seasons.

As I stated before, no one should want to push out any A-10 member and as URI fans we should cut any suggestion. We are no position to cast stones at anybody. It's the responsibility of the good fathers at Fordham to understand their priorities and to examine where they want to be and if it is the A-10, they have to make a stronger monetary commitment than paying a coach big bucks. Most important are a commitment to facilities, a mucho dollars capital investment, and a substantial increase in the basketball operating budget. Fordham has to increase both - investment and budget - if they want to change the game. Otherwise, realism indicates they should drop to a lower conference. But again this should be their decision and why they haven't made a move one way or another is very puzzling or is it more evidence of the church's modus operandi - sweep problems under the rug.

2000-01			12-16
2001-02			 8-20
2002-03			 2-26
2003-04			 6-22
2004-05			12-15
2005-06			16-16
2006-07			18-12
2007-08			12-17
2008-09			 3-25
2009-10			 2-26
2010-11			 7-21
2011-12			 7-24
2013-14			10-21
2014-15			10-21
2015-16			17-14
2016-17			13-19
2017-18			 9-22
2018-19			12-20
2019-20                  7-14 to date
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago So because a Fordham beats us 6 of the last 12 times we should push to get them out of the A10 because it looks a lot worse to lose to a bad team.

Ok.
It has zero to do with them beating us and everything to do with them being an anchor on the entire conference. One look at the BE in this age of NET rankings should illuminate how all ships rise by eliminating the programs that will drag down the entire league metrics. Again this isn’t a 1,3,5 year blip they have been atrocious for 2+ decades.
4 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Glowing article in today’s NY Post about the MAAC conference in which the writer petitions for Fordham to get their head straight and join the MAAC. Can we make sure Fordham’s AD reads this??

https://nypost.com/2020/02/09/the-compe ... ndy-loves/
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

........great article on the landscape of the MAAC,.....love a trade for Fordham and Siena to get into the capital district.......while back I was down on Siena......hey Fordham ready to go yet?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If we and the media can all see the problem the bottom of the league causes (mainly Fordham), we have to assume all the A10 leadership does as well. The problem is how to fairly deal with it. I could see a sort of PIP, or Performance Improvement Plan for Fordham. You have X number of years to achieve Y...BUT, this would have to be behind the scenes, as having the possibility of them being booted from the conference public, would all but guarantee failure as recruiting and retaining talent would be even harder for them than it is now.
1 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

They are costing the conference and the schools money. They need to go. Not sure why they even want to stay.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Smokinjimit wrote: 4 years ago They are costing the conference and the schools money. They need to go. Not sure why they even want to stay.
Because while they're costing everyone else money, we're generating extra money for them
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

I would have no problem swapping Fordham for Siena if that is the only option, just so long as Fordham leaves
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Fordham and LaSalle out. Done.
5 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago Fordham and LaSalle out. Done.
And no adds. No Siena, Iona or any other suggestions. Make it a 12 team conference and get the schools to commit to High Major basketball.
5 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah I like it 2 bottom feeders can exit

At least Duquesne respectable now with Dambrot there
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha what the hell!
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Head scratching picture haha
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

.......hopefully he didn’t pull a “Fraschilla “.......
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

When the college basketball celebrities like Goodman are poking fun at Fordham, you know its time to cut bait.
1 x
GO RAMS
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In my opinion the conference can force no one out......the school has decide on it's own....unless you disband the conference and start again with a new conference and only invite teams with a shared commitment....waiting for Fordham to get religion will be a long wait...at least some of our other schools with poor recent pasts have made good hires as coaches....I like the guys at Duquesne, LaSalle, St Joes, and GW.....the jury is out on Fordham and Geo Mason.....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ramulous wrote: 4 years ago In my opinion the conference can force no one out......the school has decide on it's own....unless you disband the conference and start again with a new conference and only invite teams with a shared commitment....waiting for Fordham to get religion will be a long wait...at least some of our other schools with poor recent pasts have made good hires as coaches....I like the guys at Duquesne, LaSalle, St Joes, and GW.....the jury is out on Fordham and Geo Mason.....
There is a way to message it where the schools are essentially forced out but allowed to make it seem like its their decision and a positive thing for them (which it actually might be in the long run). I agree that it's very unlikely the conference will ever come out and say "we're forcing these teams out".
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Maybe he wanted to scrimmage as a skin in skins v shirts game ???
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

reef wrote: 4 years ago Maybe he wanted to scrimmage as a skin in skins v shirts game ???
.......’cause they don’t support the program sufficiently with full practice gear......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Isn't the whole question here really "What does the contract say?".

I assume the Rhody contract with the A 10 is likely similar to Fordham's and is that public record?
1 x