A10 Tournament tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

A10 Tournament tickets

Unread post by JimSidd »

I’m making my plans for the A10 tournament: got the hotel room and now working on the tickets. I called the box office today about the discounted all game ticket packages. If’s up to $150 now, but I’ll probably pursue it. I was told that they are general admission tickets. For those of you that have bought the package, are they general admission tickets?
I didn’t go to Brooklyn last year, but did go to DC in 2018. I saw a section of URI fans clad in blue, a section of VCU fans clad in yellow, another section of Davidson fans, etc. I find it hard to believe these were general admission seats: they were in prime locations. On the other hand, it’s obvious that folks from the same school wouldn’t be all together if they independently purchased tickets from the area a website or ticket partner.
I’m wondering if some of you who bought ticket packages early have assigned seats and now they are just general admission.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: A10 Tournament tickets

Unread post by TruePoint »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago I’m making my plans for the A10 tournament: got the hotel room and now working on the tickets. I called the box office today about the discounted all game ticket packages. If’s up to $150 now, but I’ll probably pursue it. I was told that they are general admission tickets. For those of you that have bought the package, are they general admission tickets?
I didn’t go to Brooklyn last year, but did go to DC in 2018. I saw a section of URI fans clad in blue, a section of VCU fans clad in yellow, another section of Davidson fans, etc. I find it hard to believe these were general admission seats: they were in prime locations. On the other hand, it’s obvious that folks from the same school wouldn’t be all together if they independently purchased tickets from the area a website or ticket partner.
I’m wondering if some of you who bought ticket packages early have assigned seats and now they are just general admission.
Buy them from URI and not the A10 if you want to sit with other Rhody people.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

That was my plan today, but I paused when I was told the packages are general admission. I was thinking the A10 would assign a certain amount of packages to each school by section, although I realize with split sessions on Thursday and Friday, that would be difficult.
Does this mean that most Rhody fans have general admission tickets, arrive early to claim a section and the later arrivals fill in? I assume fans from any team that have general admission would look for fans wearing similar colors and sit with them.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

New format - not sure if it started last year or year before. All the lower bowls are general admission. You just end up having Rhody fans commandeer a couple sections and sit amongst them. Or wherever you want really. It’s pretty ideal given the arena for the tourney is only 50-60% full
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

JimSidd wrote: 4 years ago I’m making my plans for the A10 tournament: got the hotel room and now working on the tickets. I called the box office today about the discounted all game ticket packages. If’s up to $150 now, but I’ll probably pursue it. I was told that they are general admission tickets. For those of you that have bought the package, are they general admission tickets?
It was GA last year as well.

DC they did a section for each school. They realized it looked dumb having empty sections near the court.

GA is fine. Rhody fans travel well. We all wind up in the same section behind the bench - but people spread out pretty well.

Plenty of seats at Barclays. It won’t really get “packed” until Sunday (if we make it).

Definitely buy the tix through URI - it directly helps athletics. Plus you get every single game in the tournament. Great weekend for basketball.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

General admission last year. It was great. Got to sit where you want with fellow Rhody faithful.. much better than DC where the ticket police were tough..
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
It was GA last year as well.

DC they did a section for each school. They realized it looked dumb having empty sections near the court.

GA is fine. Rhody fans travel well. We all wind up in the same section behind the bench - but people spread out pretty well.

Plenty of seats at Barclays. It won’t really get “packed” until Sunday (if we make it).

Definitely buy the tix through URI - it directly helps athletics. Plus you get every single game in the tournament. Great weekend for basketball.
I got my ticket package for $100 at URI Ticket Office. They have the ticket packages there. Once they run out they are out at URI.

It is easy to get tickets in nyc. As teams lose, fans go home and tickets are easily available by word of mouth as disgruntled fans who lose exit. By Finals fans of 12 teams are gone. So easy to get tickets by then.

If I was only going to Semi Finals or Finals then I would wait and by cheap or even get for free from fans of losing teams.

There are always tons of empty seats even for the Semis and Finals.

I got package because of being at many of the sessions,

All games are general admission.
0 x
Rhody_JAM
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody_JAM »

I agree with the above posters, much better setup for Brooklyn with GA over the DC designated seating (got yelled at for moving three rows down two years ago). I would recommend taking advantage of the URI deal now if you are considering going. It is only $100 for all sessions this year opposed to $200 at this time last year through URI. We purchased our tickets per session through URI last year and they were about $60 or so per session. We are hoping we get at least 2 games in the tournament and may go watch some other sessions now that we have the whole package. I also investigated some of the other conference teams box offices this year to get a comparison on the price of the all session packages and they were listed at the full price of $275 (GW) and $235 (VCU). Smart idea by URI making this really affordable. That combined with how the team is playing should lead to a good URI turn out. Highly recommend for anyone who has never been. It is a really fun event for a reasonable price, that does not require much time off from work.
2 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

We have gone to Brooklyn (and DC) every year. Got to say we love the Barclays.

The first dozen rows or so are reserved, which we buy, so my husband can yell at the refs. Everything behind that is GA.

Don’t buy reserved from Ticketmaster or AmEx, as we were screwed in the past with reserved seats, which ended up being with the band. Luckily the staff at Barclays were sympathetic to our plight and put us in premier seating behind the Commissioner and her staff.

I agree to buy from URI, and sit where you see Keaney Blue.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago We have gone to Brooklyn (and DC) every year. Got to say we love the Barclays.

The first dozen rows or so are reserved, which we buy, so my husband can yell at the refs. Everything behind that is GA.

Don’t buy reserved from Ticketmaster or AmEx, as we were screwed in the past with reserved seats, which ended up being with the band. Luckily the staff at Barclays were sympathetic to our plight and put us in premier seating behind the Commissioner and her staff.

I would like to get to know your husband.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

With two toddlers at home, it will be tough for me to make this tourney for the next few years, but I had a blast meeting several of you about 5 years ago. Other than SmartyBarrett, I don't remember if anyone else is on this board or at least I don't know what their handles here were. If I can somehow manage my way there, I'll let you know. Hmmm. My wife's brother and also two nieces live in NYC, perhaps they can baby sit?

But I'm totally on board with Mohegan in November. One of my oldest friends went to Marquette and lives in Connecticut so it would be a great place to meet him!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

I just purchased my AirBnB for the weekend and got my ticket for the Tourney sucks missed out on the 100$ deal by a day or two now that they are sold out. Now only 150$ which is still a solid bargain of a price. I will be make the trip to the Tourney by myself. Be looking to meet some of you KBers at the tourney and some of the Pregame Events. I can not wait.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago I just purchased my AirBnB for the weekend and got my ticket for the Tourney sucks missed out on the 100$ deal by a day or two now that they are sold out. Now only 150$ which is still a solid bargain of a price. I will be make the trip to the Tourney by myself. Be looking to meet some of you KBers at the tourney and some of the Pregame Events. I can not wait.
Agree with the posts above. Just add some other details.
The standalone ticket prices go up every session - semis & finals are $65 each.
Quarter Finals are two sessions - day and night with a separate ticket for each.
You can’t reenter if you leave. So if you are getting a free ticket from a departing fan it can’t be for the session that is going on.
The URI Alumni Association has a pregame event at a restaurant each day. It costs $10 and they have good food and beverages. You pay for alcoholic beverages. It was about a 10 minute walk for us to the Barclays. Met several groups there and we all sat together at the game.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago We have gone to Brooklyn (and DC) every year. Got to say we love the Barclays.

I would like to get to know your husband.
My guess is that both of you together would be tough to reckon with. He has been told several times to shut his pie hole by the refs or be ejected :lol:
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Does anyone know whether the entire tournament will be televised?
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago Does anyone know whether the entire tournament will be televised?
Yeah it will be.

First Round: ESPN+
Second Round & Quarterfinals: NBC Sports Network
Semifinals: CBS Sports Network
Championship: CBS

Hopefully we won't need this info until the quarterfinals!
2 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago I just purchased my AirBnB for the weekend and got my ticket for the Tourney sucks missed out on the 100$ deal by a day or two now that they are sold out. Now only 150$ which is still a solid bargain of a price. I will be make the trip to the Tourney by myself. Be looking to meet some of you KBers at the tourney and some of the Pregame Events. I can not wait.
Agree with the posts above. Just add some other details.
The standalone ticket prices go up every session - semis & finals are $65 each.
Quarter Finals are two sessions - day and night with a separate ticket for each.
You can’t reenter if you leave. So if you are getting a free ticket from a departing fan it can’t be for the session that is going on.
The URI Alumni Association has a pregame event at a restaurant each day. It costs $10 and they have good food and beverages. You pay for alcoholic beverages. It was about a 10 minute walk for us to the Barclays. Met several groups there and we all sat together at the game.
Thanks for the additional information. Hoping uri game on that Friday will be later in day but wont know until a few weeks. I will probably try to attend each of those pregame events.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago Does anyone know whether the entire tournament will be televised?
Yes:

A10 Men's Basketball Championship

Opening round (seeds 11 thru 14) on ESPN+
2nd round and quarterfinals on NBCSN
Semis on CBSSN
Championship on CBS

Looking at the game times and this is true every year, that as far as the tournament is concerned it's better to be the 4 seed than the 2 or 3 because you are in the early session for the quarterfinals. If you are 2 or 3, then you are in the late session and a win has a quick turnaround. (Please don't take this as me suggesting I want URI to be the 4th seed. Slipping to 4th at this point when we have a near commanding lead on 2nd place would be a disaster and kiss our at large hopes goodbye. I'm only saying this as a general statement that for this particular weekend, the fourth seed has an advantage of getting a few hours more rest between the quarters and the semis, assuming the 4 seed wins their q-final game).
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

I will say the GA Tickets do make it easier for everyone to come together and not have to worry about buying specific tickets. Previously, the last couple of years, I’ve avoided buying the pack because I felt as though it was cheaper to try to find games the day before.

I’ve realized that while trying to do that, I ended up spending about the same amount for 3-4 tickets (counting last year) then I would have spent from buying the package from URI.

$150 is still a good deal for all the games and you have the ability to sell the other games you won’t go to if desired.

The URI pregame event is usually good and this year will be even better. Couple of us including myself and Blue Man usually sick at at McMahon’s Public House that’s about a 5 min walk from the arena. Good beer and atmosphere.

The only problem we do have in Brooklyn compared to DC or even Pittsburgh, is the fact that their isn’t too many food options around. Other than the bar, the Barclays, and then a Shake Shack and now a Chick-Fill-A, the arena is pretty bare.

I will say that the Barclays is a really nice arena and the staff is nice as well and helpful. But DC was also very nice too.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Get the One Bite app and use the time in Brooklyn to visit Portnoy's top picks -- Lucali's, Di Fara are both spectacular pizza you just dont get in RI.
1 x
JimSidd
Art Stephenson

Unread post by JimSidd »

I’m all in ... bought three packages today.

I love the tournament days when you have two games in a session. It’s great when the first game is close late and you have a group of fans from all four teams there.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

For the basketball junkie you can also take the subway from Brooklyn to Penn Station and come up under MSG to watch a few Big East games.

Did that last year.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I would stick pins in my eyes before I would watch a big east game...
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Why would I want to watch a bunch of way over rated NET teams play? Not a penny of mine would go to the Dan Gavitt sponsored Big East.
Pins in both eyes would still not make me watch that trash league.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Why would I want to watch a bunch of way over rated NET teams play? Not a penny of mine would go to the Dan Gavitt sponsored Big East.
It’s fun to watch PC lose.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago Why would I want to watch a bunch of way over rated NET teams play? Not a penny of mine would go to the Dan Gavitt sponsored Big East.
Markus Howard vs Miles Powell was a great to watch in person last year.
0 x
Go Rhody
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
Markus Howard vs Miles Powell was a great to watch in person last year.
No match ups of Big East teams are of interest to me unless the BE team is playing The Fryuzzz. But I would not pay $.10 to watch that in person since a portion of my $.10 would be going to PC and/or the Big East.
0 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

where's everyone staying in Brooklyn? Trying to book tonight all suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going solo and trying to keep the cost down, hostel? lol
0 x
dave11to28
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by dave11to28 »

Team is staying at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge but it is a solid 20-25 Minute walk so I’m staying at the holiday inn which is a 7 Minute walk to Barclays. Go Rhody !
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago where's everyone staying in Brooklyn? Trying to book tonight all suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going solo and trying to keep the cost down, hostel? lol
If you are looking for low costs use the travelocity or hotel.com. Enter Barclays Brooklyn in your search. Some non-chain hotels will be the best price option.
0 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago where's everyone staying in Brooklyn? Trying to book tonight all suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm going solo and trying to keep the cost down, hostel? lol
If you are looking for low costs use the travelocity or hotel.com. Enter Barclays Brooklyn in your search. Some non-chain hotels will be the best price option.
Thanks 83 doing that currently on airbnb and hotels.com

not sure if I'm going to drive, train or metro
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

I ended up grabbing an air bnb that is about a 15ish minute walk from the barclays. Was like 215 for whole weekend seemed to be my cheapest option seeing how I'm going solo as well.
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

We grabbed a room at the Even Hotel where we stayed last year which was a 5 minute walk. I would just be careful with AirBNB’s as we did one in Brooklyn that wasn’t in a great area and barely got some sleep.
0 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Yeah just got to do the research beforehand on that stuff obviously hahaah.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

215 a night or for the whole weekend? If it’s for the whole weekend in NYC I would probably bring a bat or an assault rifle. The area around Barclays is getting better but there are still some very sketchy areas.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

dave11to28 wrote: 4 years ago Team is staying at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge but it is a solid 20-25 Minute walk so I’m staying at the holiday inn which is a 7 Minute walk to Barclays. Go Rhody !
They always stay there. I think they mostly do Marriott branded hotels minus when they go to Olean.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago 215 a night or for the whole weekend? If it’s for the whole weekend in NYC I would probably bring a bat or an assault rifle. The area around Barclays is getting better but there are still some very sketchy areas.
I had some scammers approach me coming out of Atlantic Ave Station asking me to help them get to the DMV. :roll: :lol:
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
dave11to28 wrote: 4 years ago Team is staying at Marriott Brooklyn Bridge but it is a solid 20-25 Minute walk so I’m staying at the holiday inn which is a 7 Minute walk to Barclays. Go Rhody !
They always stay there. I think they mostly do Marriott branded hotels minus when they go to Olean.
The Marriott Brooklyn Bridge in the official hotel of the A10. All A10 teams stay there. Witnessed VCU player mouthing off to Jeff’s father in the lobby causing a ruckus after we beat them. Got to talk with TJ for awhile there. Has a tournament atmosphere.
3 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Thanks all for the suggestions looks like the holiday inn for me with CC points.
0 x