‘20 TN PG - Norance Tres Berry (URI ---> Charleston Southern)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: ‘20 TN PG - Norance Tres Berry (Offer)

Unread post by Running Ram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago Okay, I'm going to have to ask, what does "URI was a table" mean?
Means they had a good spread.
Ah ha, thanks, learning new stuff daily :)
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

I love the group picture with mom, and the big man.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I prefer it being a table because he could "eat" here.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Jeff and Fatts did a great job with Berry during his visit. They shared their experience at URI and he respects both of them.
“We will be good when we are good.”
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago Jeff and Fatts did a great job with Berry during his visit. They shared their experience at URI and he respects both of them.
I think we get Berry, Akeem is going to be harder.
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Berry just retweeted Bill Koch from 1-20 when he took his official visit....
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Hopefully he picks URI. As much as we have a need for a big to help replace Cyril, quality guards are so important in college basketball.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago Berry just retweeted Bill Koch from 1-20 when he took his official visit....
He retweets mentions of URI often.
Rhody22
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody22 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago Berry just retweeted Bill Koch from 1-20 when he took his official visit....
Does he retweet about other schools also?
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Rhody22 wrote: 4 years ago
Does he retweet about other schools also?
I went back to look it over, and the answer is no. But I am cautious that it may mean nothing at all.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

All three of these TN players are very intriguing. I think of all of them, Rhody gets Berry.

The other two could go either way. That's just a gut feeling based on nothing in particular, except following these threads like the rest of you guys.

Of course, Rhody traditionally has had much better luck scoring very talented guards on the recruiting trail, than big men. I fear like some of you that Akeem is Ogundele 2.0, and is looking to get a P5 conference team to bite as a top priority, I hope I am ultimately wrong on this.
CHICO 78
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CHICO 78 »

I too am concerned that Akeem is Ogundele 2.0 and we will wait for him and ultimately
lose both him and Richards. I hope I am completely wrong about this but its been the
bigs that have really stuck it to us in the recent past.
PeterRamTime
Frank Keaney

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago All three of these TN players are very intriguing. I think of all of them, Rhody gets Berry.

The other two could go either way. That's just a gut feeling based on nothing in particular, except following these threads like the rest of you guys.

Of course, Rhody traditionally has had much better luck scoring very talented guards on the recruiting trail, than big men. I fear like some of you that Akeem is Ogundele 2.0, and is looking to get a P5 conference team to bite as a top priority, I hope I am ultimately wrong on this.
One of them has to come around.

Hindsight says it was a miracle that we got Jermaine and he is taking longer to develop than we thought.

I mean Akeem would come play big minutes for an NCAA tournament team, with a friend from home. He saw us play a huge game on prime time with a packed arena and we dominated. With all that going for us, we are bound to at least get in his final 2.

Dont know about you guys, but I would love it if we somehow got a nice JUCO or grad transfer big ready to play big minutes. Could be the difference in a first weekend or second weekend team next year. As of right now the combination of JH, Walker and a freshman Akeem doesnt seem that strong. I mean, I will take it in a heart beat, but otherwise a proven big guy for at least one year to team up with Fatts, Sheppard and the rest of the team.

I'm still scarred by that Duke blowout. If we ever want to make a deep run we gotta have the big guys to get it done down low.
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Tres Berry, Scotland Campus

The 6-foot-3 guard brings a level of high energy and infectious swagger that spreads like wildfire on this Scotland team, which is hell-bent on making it back to the national championship game.

Berry has developed into a reliable outside shooter after being strictly known as an attack-first guard throughout the first three years of his career. Working relentlessly with Scotland head coach and veritable shot doctor Chris Chaney (alongside former Tennessee star and BMaze Elite coach Boby Maze) over the summer, Berry has become a certifiable three level scorer.

Defensively, he is the spirit of Chaney and his signature pressure all across the court, routinely instigating turnovers and converting them into transition leak-outs and authoritative above the rim finishes. With a 6-foot-10 wingspan and natural ability on both ends of the floor, Berry has become a very enticing prospect. Competitiveness and just how hard he plays are two intangibles that set him apart from other talented guards of his ilk. Berry was a kick-starter in the first half of the recent 88-75 win over Mt. Zion (MD), sparking the Knights with early 3-pointers and defensive tenacity throughout.
http://www.zachsmart.com/2020/02/top-pe ... uards.html
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I love the idea of a Leggett and Berry backcourt coming in together.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yes of not Ish and Tres then hopefully Ish and Brandon Murray !!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Berry playing Tuesday at 6:00 at CT College. Isaiah Richards plays at 4:15.

https://www.theseasonticket.com/news_ar ... w/1091916u
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Saw Tres Berry play tonight at National Prep Championship. He is very good. 19 points on 7-8 FG with 5-6 from three. All 8 shots from the outside. Made some nice passes and played good D. One of the leaders on his team. TJ and Austin Carroll were there watching.

Rhody top prospect of non-bigs.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I think we close the deal on him this month.

Akeem is waiting on P5. Feeling like URI is the backup option.

Mitchell Twins might be in the drivers seat.
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Berry seems awesome in his own right. Doesn't really need to be packaged with anyone else.

Akeem seems like a very serviceable big man. Kind of like a CL with potentially some better offense. Like CL was as a frosh, more like 6'7" but 6"9' with the 'fro.

Again, neither of these guys need to be packaged together, one or the other or both, would be fine candidates for this team.

The twins are a very interesting case study. The "phenom" twin is actually the shorter of the two by about an inch, at 6'9", but with a 'fro twice as large as his brother's, who is 6'10". The non-phenom brother seems to be content to be a role player, back pedal to get back on defense, more of a rebounder and assist man than a scorer, more of a project than his much more polished, aggressive brother. I suppose you could say, that out of all the teams they might be looking at, they could probably get the best package deal here, because we need big bodies in general. One brother would be a star in this league, the other would at least get off the bench, and probably stay the duration if brother #1 makes it to "the league" early.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice any kind of early entry to the league has me giddy !!
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

You had me at 5-6 from three ....
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Berry seems awesome in his own right. Doesn't really need to be packaged with anyone else.

Akeem seems like a very serviceable big man. Kind of like a CL with potentially some better offense. Like CL was as a frosh, more like 6'7" but 6"9' with the 'fro.

Again, neither of these guys need to be packaged together, one or the other or both, would be fine candidates for this team.

The twins are a very interesting case study. The "phenom" twin is actually the shorter of the two by about an inch, at 6'9", but with a 'fro twice as large as his brother's, who is 6'10". The non-phenom brother seems to be content to be a role player, back pedal to get back on defense, more of a rebounder and assist man than a scorer, more of a project than his much more polished, aggressive brother. I suppose you could say, that out of all the teams they might be looking at, they could probably get the best package deal here, because we need big bodies in general. One brother would be a star in this league, the other would at least get off the bench, and probably stay the duration if brother #1 makes it to "the league" early.
I agree that Berry and Akeem aren’t and probably won’t end up being a package deal. Odds are they both go different schools, but love to have both more than the Mitchell twins. I get how high the better of the two was ranked very high and even the other one was top 200, but it just feels like between the mom and if anything doesn’t go their way they will pout or pack their bags and leave us in a heartbeat. I guess we don’t have much choose as we have nothing even close to them if we don’t get Odusipe. Definitely not psyched for Hima as he seems like a massive project.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Sign me up for a Berry and twins to fill out the remaining 3
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

RamStock wrote: 4 years ago I agree that Berry and Akeem aren’t and probably won’t end up being a package deal. Odds are they both go different schools, but love to have both more than the Mitchell twins. I get how high the better of the two was ranked very high and even the other one was top 200, but it just feels like between the mom and if anything doesn’t go their way they will pout or pack their bags and leave us in a heartbeat. I guess we don’t have much choose as we have nothing even close to them if we don’t get Odusipe. Definitely not psyched for Hima as he seems like a massive project.
Well, the one seems to be on the level of a Tre Mitchell. The other is more of a "David Arigbabu" type maybe. Not a schlep, but not a superstar. From the videos, he sure doesn't seem to have the desire to hoist up balls from behind the arch, so that is a plus, seeing we have plenty of that type already. He's great at shagging rebounds and feeding them to his brother for the highlight reel finish. I'm sure he could shag them and feed them to everyone, including kicking them out to the guards and the wing, which would be nice. So long as he is a presence in that category, and defense under the basket, then I don't think he would be a waste.
Rhody Sody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Rhody Sody »

Rhodyhooopz wrote: 4 years ago Sign me up for a Berry and twins to fill out the remaining 3
Probably our best scenario and would fill out next year’s roster at every position.
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RamStock »

Cox should plan on 4 spots or a transfer also with the remaining 3. What are the odds everyone stays?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Don’t try to go see Berry today or tomorrow. Tournament is closed to the public.
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
Sweet!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Tres and his coach both retweeted it. Looking good!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Rhode Island is the clear front runner best news I heard all day baby
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Love it!
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

steveystuds06 wrote: 4 years ago
I must have missed a three when I was talked to TJ. That would mean 8-9 FG and 6-7 from three.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Now that his season is over, it should be a good time for a verbal.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

giovanni wrote: 4 years ago
Not sure this is correct. TJ and Austin told me last night they wouldn’t be there today because the team was heading to Brooklyn. There are pics today of the team in Brooklyn.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Now that his season is over, it should be a good time for a verbal.
I didn’t see a score from today’s game. Did Scotland lose?
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago Now that his season is over, it should be a good time for a verbal.
I didn’t see a score from today’s game. Did Scotland lose?
Check the tweet you just posted, Isn't that what it says?
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Yup 🤦‍♀️
Hargrove won 89-85. Berry with 20 points.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What's he waiting for? P5 offers?

If we're a clear leader, pull the trigger, please.

The next 4 weeks before the signing period is nervous time for URI recruiting, especially for next season.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago What's he waiting for? P5 offers?

If we're a clear leader, pull the trigger, please.

The next 4 weeks before the signing period is nervous time for URI recruiting, especially for next season.
His season ended 2 hours ago.
The P5 offer they were both hoping for was Tennessee and that isn’t coming. Bobby Maze (AAU owner/coach) was a star at Tennessee.
I think Berry and Akeem will make a decision by the end of this month.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It would seem a little odd that they would verbal at the end of the month, with the signing period just a week or so away from that.

My guess is, they will announce and sign at the same time...of course that increases the agita right up until then.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago It would seem a little odd that they would verbal at the end of the month, with the signing period just a week or so away from that.

My guess is, they will announce and sign at the same time...of course that increases the agita right up until then.
I agree but I am hearing the end of the month for both. Recruits are finishing up their season and can use the next three weeks to make visits and sit with their families to make their decision. College coaches are pushing for a decision so they can aggressively pursue other recruits if they aren’t the chosen school. The NLOI Signing period starts April 15th.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

That's true, 83.

I would guess the Mitchell twins are on hold until they hear one way or the other from Berry and Odisupe.
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Give me a backcourt of Tres Berry and Ish Leggett baby !!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Have Mitchell twins have even visited yet?
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Video of tres berry on his IG story is rather impressive. Really showed a good shooting stroke especially from deep. I assume the video is clips from the tournament this week that he played in. Leggett and berry back court behind shepard and fatts is intriguing.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Here is tweet with video of Berry. This is all from the game yesterday. Smooth shot.
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Have Mitchell twins have even visited yet?
No, they haven’t been visiting. NCAA has cancelled all recruiting travel as of today.