2/4 | UMass | 7:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 2/4 | UMass | 7:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea its a 7pm start.
0 x
GO RAMS
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by bkoeppen »

Cyril sitting at 995 points - should get 1,000 Tuesday night.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago This says tomorrow night's game is at 9:00. I assume that's a mistake?
https://www.gorhody.com/tickets/men-s_b ... kets_12-14
Yeah, that has to be a typo. Our schedule page and the UMass schedule page both list a 7 pm start. Scared me for a minute though
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago Cyril sitting at 995 points - should get 1,000 Tuesday night.
depending on how many A-10 conf and post season games we play, he still has a decent shot to get 1,000 boards. Currently at 877
3 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Looking forward to this week, first headed to my charity event with a nice spread in one of the end zones tomorrow night. And just purchased seats near the Rhody bench for Saturday at the Smith Center, seeing as my wife has a weekend conference in DC!
Heading to DC on sat. Would love to meet some KB'ers. Anyone know of a meeting spot?
Would love to, but I'm coming from Alexandria sometime after 11, so it will be a rush just to make opening tip. Then have to bail quickly to meet up with the conference crew. Maybe a halftime meetup at one of the beer stands? And we can supposedly take drinks back to our seats (imagine that!)
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago
NC_Ram wrote: 4 years ago
rhodyruckus wrote: 4 years ago Looking forward to this week, first headed to my charity event with a nice spread in one of the end zones tomorrow night. And just purchased seats near the Rhody bench for Saturday at the Smith Center, seeing as my wife has a weekend conference in DC!
Heading to DC on sat. Would love to meet some KB'ers. Anyone know of a meeting spot?
Watching a GMU home game I think I saw someone in the stands drinking a beer.

Would love to, but I'm coming from Alexandria sometime after 11, so it will be a rush just to make opening tip. Then have to bail quickly to meet up with the conference crew. Maybe a halftime meetup at one of the beer stands? And we can supposedly take drinks back to our seats (imagine that!)
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

UMass preview.
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This might be the beers talking, but I want this team to look at the future a little bit and not just at this one game. Everything they've worked for is still available to them. Atlantic 10 championship? Still on the table. Tournament berth? Ours for the taking. Don't just win by one tomorrow, we have all of our goals in our hands if we decide to take them. Dominate this team. Take what is ours. Win by double digits. Oh, we need to worry because they're our rivals and they'd love to spoil our season? Fuck that and fuck them. We're their rivals and they need to worry that they're standing on the train tracks between us and our goals in our building
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago This might be the beers talking, but I want this team to look at the future a little bit and not just at this one game. Everything they've worked for is still available to them. Atlantic 10 championship? Still on the table. Tournament berth? Ours for the taking. Don't just win by one tomorrow, we have all of our goals in our hands if we decide to take them. Dominate this team. Take what is ours. Win by double digits. Oh, we need to worry because they're our rivals and they'd love to spoil our season? Fuck that and fuck them. We're their rivals and they need to worry that they're standing on the train tracks between us and our goals in our building

We probably looked towards the future wanting to get into conference play and that led us to losing to Brown.

No need to look far ahead, although human nature, they all probably are.
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

The players have acknowledged that they are aware of where they are at in the big picture, they know their NET, they know their KenPom and they know where they stand. That’s good. It’s good to have that motivation to help focus, knowing what is at stake each game. They shouldn’t walk onto the court tomorrow night thinking about GW or Dayton, but it’s OK with me if they walk on to the court knowing that a win gets them one step closer to their goals.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Lots of seats left for tomorrow's game. I wonder how good the crowd will be seeing how this is a huge game to get us even more votes.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago This might be the beers talking, but I want this team to look at the future a little bit and not just at this one game. Everything they've worked for is still available to them. Atlantic 10 championship? Still on the table. Tournament berth? Ours for the taking. Don't just win by one tomorrow, we have all of our goals in our hands if we decide to take them. Dominate this team. Take what is ours. Win by double digits. Oh, we need to worry because they're our rivals and they'd love to spoil our season? Fuck that and fuck them. We're their rivals and they need to worry that they're standing on the train tracks between us and our goals in our building

Here here!

We should be wanting to destroy them!

Davidson just beat them by 35!

Let's beat them by 50!

I'm really not worried about this one.

I will be much more worried AT Umass in their empty dump where bad things happen to us.
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

:lol: :lol: Well I’m sure the Governor won’t be back soon
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago Lots of seats left for tomorrow's game. I wonder how good the crowd will be seeing how this is a huge game to get us even more votes.
I will be attending the game, but I can see how Tuesday attendance can be lower compared to other nights since it’s still early in the week and people won’t want to be out late (meaning past 9pm). I don’t have an excuse because I 7 miles from campus.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago :lol: :lol: Well I’m sure the Governor won’t be back soon
:lol:

No broom parking on campus.
0 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago Lots of seats left for tomorrow's game. I wonder how good the crowd will be seeing how this is a huge game to get us even more votes.
I will be attending the game, but I can see how Tuesday attendance can be lower compared to other nights since it’s still early in the week and people won’t want to be out late (meaning past 9pm). I don’t have an excuse because I 7 miles from campus.
yeah true. I'm expecting like 4000
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
yeah true. I'm expecting like 4000
Oof! Too bad it wasn’t a Wednesday or Thursday. It would really change attendance.
0 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

I’m happy it’s tomorrow I can actually go!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Too bad we will not see Warwick’s own TJ Weeks tonight as he has been out since December 7
We will get to see Freshman Preston Santos from Rhode Island who was inserted into the starting lineup 3 games ago

Also, we get to see what kind of suit Assistant Coach Tony Bergeron decides to display

Expected starting line up

Tre Mitchell - Freshman 6’9”
Kolton Mitchell - Freshman 6’3”
Preston Santos- Freshman 6’6”
Samba Diallo - Sophomore 6’7”
Carl Pierre - Junior 6’4”
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

A player to watch tonight is 6’9” Dibaji Walker who transferred into from Cleveland State and became eligible 10 games ago. 2 games ago Walker scored 22 points in his 20 minutes of playing time off the bench in a win over St Joe’s.

Walker is the son of Samaki Walker who stared at Louisville. Dibaji played for UMASS Assistant Tony Bergeron at Woodstock Academy

Just yesterday, UMASS offered Dibaji’s brother, 6’9” Jabari Walker Class of 2020 from Compass Prep in Arizona.
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

pack your lunch pails boys and get to work tonight

its time to PUNCH INTO WORK and get the job done !
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

In every game for us it's all about playing their A game on defense.

That helps our offense get some easy points also.

Strong D will mean a win by double digits against this team tonight.
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I feel like URI this season has overcome that all-too-familiar pattern of playing down to the competition's level. This game is a perfect test of that.

See you at 7pm at The Ryan.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They have, but only during the last few weeks, for the most part.

Trending the right way....looking more and more like passing the eye test for an NCAA tourney team.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago I feel like URI this season has overcome that all-too-familiar pattern of playing down to the competition's level. This game is a perfect test of that.

That would've been true a month ago.

In the last 8 games we've handled Davidson, VCU, Joes, Duquesne, GMU, and VCU again by double digits. Most of those games weren't close by the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half.

La Salle and @Bonnies were closer affairs - but more importantly we were tested and passed. We're never going to be a perfect team. No team in college basketball is. Wins are all that matter. By 1 point, by 5, by 10, by 30...who cares. Ignore the metrics because a close win won't hurt you regardless. JUST WIN.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago I feel like URI this season has overcome that all-too-familiar pattern of playing down to the competition's level. This game is a perfect test of that.

That would've been true a month ago.

In the last 8 games we've handled Davidson, VCU, Joes, Duquesne, GMU, and VCU again by double digits. Most of those games weren't close by the 10 minute mark in the 2nd half.

La Salle and @Bonnies were closer affairs - but more importantly we were tested and passed. We're never going to be a perfect team. No team in college basketball is. Wins are all that matter. By 1 point, by 5, by 10, by 30...who cares. Ignore the metrics because a close win won't hurt you regardless. JUST WIN.
I don't get this "playing down to the competition". We are on an 8 game winning streak. After the Brown and Richmond losses this board was in meltdown mode with posters saying the season was over, wait til next year.

Celebrate the 8 game win streak that now has us knocking on the Top 25 Door!!!!
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Do not give them clean looks from three and we will run away with it.
0 x
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Even if it all goes to poop in the first half, I won't post in the in game until after halftime.

I have faith they can come back from a bad first half, if need be.
1 x
bkoeppen
Jimmy Baron

guesses on the attendance tonight? I'm going with 6,375.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago guesses on the attendance tonight? I'm going with 6,375.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

5000 if 1000 students show up, 6000 if 2000 show up.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

bkoeppen wrote: 4 years ago guesses on the attendance tonight? I'm going with 6,375.
I'm expecting to be disappointed by tip off (especially thanks to the Ryan Center's ease of access), more disappointed at the under 16 when attendance is highest, and as mad as I get every game when several hundred elderly and shitty fans get up and leave with 4 mins to go.

5400 but I hope I'm wrong.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm expecting to be disappointed by tip off (especially thanks to the Ryan Center's ease of access), more disappointed at the under 16 when attendance is highest, and as mad as I get every game when several hundred elderly and shitty fans get up and leave with 4 mins to go.

I'm old and shitty, but I not only stay 'til the end, I watch the handshake line and watch Cyril lead the team over to the student section after the game when they win. When I leave, there are only about 500 people left in the gym.
5 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

It’ll be in the 5s. If it’s 6,000+ I’ll be thrilled.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Two things I don't understand about our fan base....

1) Why aren't you in your seat by 3-4 minutes before tip off
2) Why are you leaving a big game with 3 minutes left

Like WTF is going on in south county that you can't get there on time and WTF is the rush to get out of the Ryan Center. Oh no you might have to wait a few minutes in line to exit the parking lot. Throw on 101.5 listen to Disano gives his breakdown of the game and enjoy the W.
7 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Two things I don't understand about our fan base....

1) Why aren't you in your seat by 3-4 minutes before tip off
2) Why are you leaving a big game with 3 minutes left

Like WTF is going on in south county that you can't get there on time and WTF is the rush to get out of the Ryan Center. Oh no you might have to wait a few minutes in line to exit the parking lot. Throw on 101.5 listen to Disano gives his breakdown of the game and enjoy the W.
A lot of the fan base doesn't live in SoCo. Fortunately out of habit, I get to the game generally an hour-45 minutes before tip-off. Getting everyone into their seats by then would be like herding cats. I know there are posters on this board who travel well over an hour one way to make these games. I never leave before the buzzer. There are a lot of people who don't want to sit in traffic. I always listen to Chris after the games. I think the audience who leaves early is not the audience posting on this board. :lol:
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would hope with it being one of our rivals and the way we been playing lately we would get 6 k if we get sub 5500 that would be slightly disappointing
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

I'm old and shitty, but I not only stay 'til the end, I watch the handshake line and watch Cyril lead the team over to the student section after the game when they win. When I leave, there are only about 500 people left in the gym.
BillyBoy you for sure ain't old and shitty. We need more like you!
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago

BillyBoy you for sure ain't old and shitty. We need more like you!

BB I would have never penned you as old AND shitty. You're the man!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

We try to get to our seats by the anthem, but...beers. We often leave in the final minute (only if the outcome is no longer in doubt) because we need to catch an elevator and it makes a big difference. Guess that makes me old and shi77y...although, I'm not really that old...

If that makes people angry or upset, they might want to consider hitting the re-set button. It's not like we're taking seats from people that would otherwise arrive early and stay til triple zeroes on the clock. Obviously, there's quite a few that do the same for whatever reason. Would we rather have them stay home? Or, just be glad they came at all?
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago We try to get to our seats by the anthem, but...beers. We often leave in the final minute (only if the outcome is no longer in doubt) because we need to catch an elevator and it makes a big difference. Guess that makes me old and shi77y...although, I'm not really that old...

If that makes people angry or upset, they might want to consider hitting the re-set button. It's not like we're taking seats from people that would otherwise arrive early and stay til triple zeroes on the clock. Obviously, there's quite a few that do the same for whatever reason. Would we rather have them stay home? Or, just be glad they came at all?

Huge difference! I was with a group once who needed elevator access and it can be a bit cumbersome waiting, etc.

Between Kingston being (what some would call) the "middle of nowhere" the fact that people come to games, especially in dead winter on a Tuesday makes me glad people make the effort. I've always viewed it as, this is my thing... this is what I do in the winter.
0 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

My wife and I travel from just outside of Worcester are senior citizens who still work (2 jobs each) donate what we can but do leave if the team is up double digits with 2 mins to go. We also met you in Brooklyn a couple years ago supporting the team but I guess that makes us “shitty fans”. Maybe we should just stay home and watch the game on tv like the old foggies we are....I really hope you didn’t really mean that.
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

wgracie99 wrote: 4 years ago

My wife and I travel from just outside of Worcester are senior citizens who still work (2 jobs each) donate what we can but do leave if the team is up double digits with 2 mins to go. We also met you in Brooklyn a couple years ago supporting the team but I guess that makes us “shitty fans”. Maybe we should just stay home and watch the game on tv like the old foggies we are....I really hope you didn’t really mean that.
And BlueMan what about all the fans who show up late, sometimes 1/2 or more into the first half and stand right in front of people who were in their seats 30 minutes to an hour before tip off?

Most of them are young and don’t care at all that they are coming to their seats during game action 10 minutes after tip off

To me that’s worse than fans leaving early.

Killer to is when they are not even going to their correct seats - just sneaking in.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Blue Man, have to call you on that one brother. People may not be as “diehard” as you, but what matters is that they show up. A bit tasteless to talk down on the elderly though man, especially when majority are program donors.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

As I understand it, this is Greek Week so there should be a good amount of students tonight.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Until halftime....
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Not really Greek Week, but they will be at the game tonight.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

BAR I am never at my seat 4 min before game time but can pretty much always be found in one of the pubs
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

F UMass. Let's roll!
1 x
TrevlontRook3
Steve Chubin

Unread post by TrevlontRook3 »

Any links to the game I’m not seeing it on watch stadium