THE EARLY LINE URI VS UMASS

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS UMASS

Unread post by luke »

The opening line is URI - 16 1/2 which is a large number , but I think it is very likely that the Rams will cover that spread . UMASS has
just not been competitive against good teams lately. So give the points here and take URI. URI is now 13-8 against the spread or 12-9
according to how you have accepted the spread .
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS UMASS

Unread post by reef »

Seems kind of high I think we win but don’t cover
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

UMass has been fairly competitive at home, at least compared to on the road. On the road UMass is 1-7, and their only win was a nail biter against a somewhat pathetic (8th place in MAAC) Fairfield team in their second game of the year. They’ve lost their most recent 7 road games and were really only competitive one time - an OT loss at SLU. That one game is enough to tell me that you can’t just look completely past UMass - if you fail to show up they could be surprisingly competitive. But in their other 6 road games they’ve gotten blown out by Rutgers (-25), Harvard (-44), Dayton (-28), Bonnies (-13) and George Mason (-10). They did also play Akron somewhat closely (-6). If URI shows up for this game they should win it fairly easily, but 16.5 is a lot of points. I’d probably pass on this one.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah Umass has Tre Mitchell and they can rain some threes. They are weakened by Weeks being out. That should allow us to cover.
0 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

I dont care how bad umASS is, I don't see us covering 16.5 but if we do, it will help prove the team is tournament focused.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Agree TP that URI must show up and I believe that they will . That is why I believe they will cover the large spread.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

That's a lot of points. Rhody by 9.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Some sites are showing URI -17 now . If URI plays well it won't matter what the line is they will beat it , and if not they won't . Can't afford any bad performances for the rest of league play.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I'm late, early, sharp, dull, smart, stupid, short, shocked and superstitious....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I see 15.5

I will say URI 78-64
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I don’t see us covering. I see us coming out flat in the first half then pulling ahead in the second half and winning by 6.
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago I don’t see us covering. I see us coming out flat in the first half then pulling ahead in the second half and winning by 6.
Not flat but not dominating either.

JH looked good.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah URI wins but doesn’t cover just as I thought and nice job Mr Boyle’s picking URI by 6
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

KevanBoyles wrote: 4 years ago I don’t see us covering. I see us coming out flat in the first half then pulling ahead in the second half and winning by 6.
Nailed it. Wish I was wrong but I’ll take the win.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Holy crap incident after game Bergeron that assistant coach and Cox were yelling at each other
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

adam914 wrote: 4 years ago That's a lot of points. Rhody by 9.
Woulda been right if Jordan Green buried a 3 there at the end like he should have! Clearly not my fault here...
2 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

reef wrote: 4 years ago Yeah URI wins but doesn’t cover just as I thought and nice job Mr Boyle’s picking URI by 6
Thanks reef.
1 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

The outcome was never in doubt but it wasn't a very inspiring performance. We'll have to play better in Amherst. Interior defense was not very impressive and the turnover differential was surprisingly close. But, we are a much better team than UMASS. After watching the first half of the VCU game, few outcomes are going to look impressive.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!