Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I hope URI has something extra special in store at the Ryan Center for Friday.
Like what?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago I hope URI has something extra special in store at the Ryan Center for Friday.
Like what?
.......beer kiosks and take to seats.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago
Like what?
.......free beer kiosks and take to seats.....
fify
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago One thing I noticed the last home game was during a large chunk of halftime on the ribbon board there was just a generic URI graphic for much of the time. That would seem to be an ideal time and place to display stats

seems logical to me
Translation: Not happening.
It's not happening for sure this year - because the marketing/ad contracts have already been sold, and I am sure there are contractual stipulations that say "if you pay us x you get all of this uninterrupted screen space for y amount of time."

This stuff is tough to work with because I'm sure there are Learfield-level stipulations and packages that require such things. That puts more money in the team's pockets that lets them fly charters, etc. So I'm good there. I'm even fine if they never change it.

That just highlights another reason to invest in the WiFi infrastructure so that you don't have to affect incoming ad revenue with the WiFi.

It also wouldn't be the worst idea to reach out to their IT providers and see if they wouldn't be interested in working out some sort of deal for sponsorship in exchange for a deeper discount on the equipment. Would probably be a thunderous applause in the arena if Yorke annouced "while you connect to your WiFi deployed by company x, enjoy this promo" or something.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Hopefully they've been working that angle already.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Like what?
Promotional stuff like T-shirts
1 x
GO RAMS
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago

Like what?
Promotional stuff like T-shirts
I also hope they have some sort of "blue out" or "white out". They already handed out shirts for the PC game and the one last week vs Duquesne so idk if they're planning another.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago
ElmCityRhody wrote: 4 years ago

seems logical to me
Translation: Not happening.
It's not happening for sure this year - because the marketing/ad contracts have already been sold, and I am sure there are contractual stipulations that say "if you pay us x you get all of this uninterrupted screen space for y amount of time."

This stuff is tough to work with because I'm sure there are Learfield-level stipulations and packages that require such things. That puts more money in the team's pockets that lets them fly charters, etc. So I'm good there. I'm even fine if they never change it.

That just highlights another reason to invest in the WiFi infrastructure so that you don't have to affect incoming ad revenue with the WiFi.

It also wouldn't be the worst idea to reach out to their IT providers and see if they wouldn't be interested in working out some sort of deal for sponsorship in exchange for a deeper discount on the equipment. Would probably be a thunderous applause in the arena if Yorke annouced "while you connect to your WiFi deployed by company x, enjoy this promo" or something.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Hopefully they've been working that angle already.
But that was the point, it's not an ad, it's the URI logo on a dark background. They could do it tomorrow if they so choose. It's just filler there now
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

I for one think the press area needs to go. But watching on tv ( when it’s filled up like it is ) it’s not really notable.

But something has to be done with that area.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Pub has redefined slow tonight
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

UCH21377 wrote: 4 years ago Pub has redefined slow tonight
I think the guys at the South end do yeoman's work...For what they have to work with, impossible for it to be done any better.
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Is URI getting refunded it’s money for the cellphone light system? I know it is a tech issue and all that, but if my IT team contract failed/performed at 15% for 2/3 of the semester, heads and contracts would roll
4 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Ok so yea dunno what the deal was but my group and I had zero cell service and noone could connect to either wifi (figured i'd update since earlier I posted I hadn't had any issues previously).
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Yea mine couldn't "sync"
0 x
GO RAMS
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

I just wonder how many more beers they would need to sell before they can get WiFi or a cell repeater in there?

Sell 2000 beers a night. $5 profit minimum. Do it for a season. Buy the equipment.

It’s so god damn embarrassing for an arena that new.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Would love to know what they served Koch / the others.
1 x
Go Rhody
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago Would love to know what they served Koch / the others.
Cold pasta salad and/or wraps?

I saw a few folks at Chop. Those tenders cause massive heartburn. Good luck, Bill 😂
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Yea mine couldn't "sync"
I tried for the umpteenth time this season. My Bluetooth is always on. It’s how I listen to Spotify while driving plus use my headphones. Never once has cue worked. There’s something wrong and whoever signed the contract at URI needs to get a complete refund. I’m not even being facetious. An investment was made in this and it has been a disaster since November.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Can we throw that kid in jail who said he had no idea who Delroy or Cothran were?

I know we talk about avoiding ram on Ram crime but we can just go ahead and kick that dude out of the fan base if that’s cool with everyone.
6 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Can we throw that kid in jail who said he had no idea who Delroy or Cothran were?

I know we talk about avoiding ram on Ram crime but we can just go ahead and kick that dude out of the fan base if that’s cool with everyone.
That would have been brutal on any night, but with Delroy in the house? Unforgivable
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The hell?

Well are they old enough to know those old heros?
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Rhodysk wrote: 4 years ago I for one think the press area needs to go. But watching on tv ( when it’s filled up like it is ) it’s not really notable.

But something has to be done with that area.
CUT SHOWER CURTAINS BAIT
1 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Blue Man wrote: 4 years ago Can we throw that kid in jail who said he had no idea who Delroy or Cothran were?

Boo that man!
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

He got bood pretty loudly.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago

That would have been brutal on any night, but with Delroy in the house? Unforgivable
Yeah, he said he had no idea who B and C were. So, he also didn't know who Tyson Wheeler, Cuttino Mobley and Preston Murphy are.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodysRelevant wrote: 4 years ago Ok so yea dunno what the deal was but my group and I had zero cell service and noone could connect to either wifi (figured i'd update since earlier I posted I hadn't had any issues previously).
I had no problems last night...was texting with my brother in Maine, and a friend of mine in FLA (he actually saw us on TV and texted me pics).
Was kinda cool, if you think about it that, from one end of the east coast to the other...hoops fans were watching this game.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote: 4 years ago
RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago

Yeah, he said he had no idea who B and C were. So, he also didn't know who Tyson Wheeler, Cuttino Mobley and Preston Murphy are.
Would have been an awesome time for the kid to not say anything...and he did get boo'd pretty badly.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

RhodysRelevant wrote: 4 years ago Ok so yea dunno what the deal was but my group and I had zero cell service and noone could connect to either wifi (figured i'd update since earlier I posted I hadn't had any issues previously).
I had no problems last night...was texting with my brother in Maine, and a friend of mine in FLA (he actually saw us on TV and texted me pics).
Was kinda cool, if you think about it that, from one end of the east coast to the other...hoops fans were watching this game.
It is because your phone is indestructible. None of us are as fortunate.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago Yea mine couldn't "sync"
I tried for the umpteenth time this season. My Bluetooth is always on. It’s how I listen to Spotify while driving plus use my headphones. Never once has cue worked. There’s something wrong and whoever signed the contract at URI needs to get a complete refund. I’m not even being facetious. An investment was made in this and it has been a disaster
Maybe they’re using this out in Iowa
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Believe it or not.

I got CUE to work tonight!

I don’t know HOW on earth it happened. Note to everyone, if you want to check your flash to see if CUE is working - you will go temporarily blind for 30 seconds. Again, no idea how it worked and I used the same processes and procedures as I have since November.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago Believe it or not.

I don’t know HOW on earth it happened. Note to everyone, if you want to check your flash to see if CUE is working - you will go temporarily blind for 30 seconds. Again, no idea how it worked and I used the same processes and procedures as I have since November.
Probably got a signal boost from Bergeron's suit.
7 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Love one pub being reserved and the other pub being at capacity before the first half even ended.

Genius.
1 x
Go Rhody
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Ok...don’t get too excited here. I was sitting right next to Taylor and mine didn’t work...but it worked the last 2 games. And we were right near Coach Cheap Suit, so we didn’t get the benefit of the electric bling off his shiny suit.
1 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

i hate private events! i was in the RC at 615 and was maybe the 8th person in the south pub (usually go to north). 10 mins to go in warmups and i turn around to leave and the place is at max. crazy
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago

Ok...don’t get too excited here. I was sitting right next to Taylor and mine didn’t work...but it worked the last 2 games. And we were right near Coach Cheap Suit, so we didn’t get the benefit of the electric bling off his shiny suit.

Haha! Maybe only one seat per section can work for CUE?

Between the oil slick on his head and that burgundy suit I now have “What is love? Baby don’t hurt me... no more...“ stuck in my head as I try to go to bed.
2 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

So I had regular cell service sitting in 310, but nothing last time in 103
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago i hate private events! i was in the RC at 615 and was maybe the 8th person in the south pub (usually go to north). 10 mins to go in warmups and i turn around to leave and the place is at max. crazy
If people could take beers to their seats, that wouldn't happen. And....folks would get seated plenty early.
The board' "fans need to get seated early police' need to pump up the battle on that one. :lol:
0 x
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago i hate private events! i was in the RC at 615 and was maybe the 8th person in the south pub (usually go to north). 10 mins to go in warmups and i turn around to leave and the place is at max. crazy
If people could take beers to their seats, that wouldn't happen. And....folks would get seated plenty early.
The board' "fans need to get seated early police' need to pump up the battle on that one. :lol:
The day we can bring beers to our seats forever, is the day I'll donate my first one comma check to the program.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago
The day we can bring beers to our seats forever, is the day I'll donate my first one comma check to the program.
Even more incentive...the seat police here are also big on donating...
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

jaywin86 wrote: 4 years ago

Even more incentive...the seat police here are also big on donating...
What if I called Athletics and said I wanted a KB only event in a pub. It would probably have to be at the exhibition game in October at this end of the current season. But then again I know people don’t want to say who they are. Oh well the love/thought is there.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

If we had a cool mascot....

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Not gonna lie that's kind of impressive!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote: 4 years ago If we had a cool mascot....

That was actually on FoxNews tonight.
Our mascot doesn't even need to be that cool...I'd just like to see the same Rhody that did backflips in full costume at the Barclays a few years ago... THAT was pretty cool...watching a full rotation backflip happen around that gi-normous head. Good stuff.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Don Kaull had a sweet jump shot.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

The Rhody mascot needs a reboot.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhodymob05 wrote: 4 years ago The Rhody mascot needs a reboot.
So does the pub. And the WiFi. And the black curtains. And the food at the concessions.
0 x
Go Rhody
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

SmartyBarrett wrote: 4 years ago Yeah I haven't got Cue to work yet either.

Also something I noticed on Sunday: can we get Rhody the Ram one of the new jerseys? He's still rocking last year's model with the cummerbund shorts.
Super happy to report that Rhody the Ram now has an updated jersey and shorts. Carry on.
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Watching VCU StL game....100s of people using Cue lights.

I think it’s time we cut Cue Bait

We look foolish with 14 lights.
1 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

CUT CUE BAIT !

CUT IT
1 x
phipsiGD'11
Art Stephenson

Unread post by phipsiGD'11 »

They should have a table at the entrance and they troubleshoot your cue app for you so it will work.
0 x