1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/31 | VCU | 7:00PM (ESPN2)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Good grief with that tweet.

No pressure! lol
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody83 wrote: 4 years ago
It is interesting how Jon differentiates between URI and VCU in this tweet.
Critical game for Rhode Island's NCAA Tournament hopes.
Critical game for VCU's Atlantic 10 regular season title hopes.

I take that he is saying VCU is in the Tournament even if they lose tonight.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Big truck with a giant satellite link up thingy just drove by the house (on 138).... iiiiiit's HAPPENING!
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I hate everything about that tweet.

It’s dumb and misinformed.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Jon works REALLY hard covering college basketball and I give him props for that, but I’m not sure how in the weeds he is in terms of being a bubble expert. He is an effort guy, but not really a towering intellect.

URI and VCU are more or less evenly situated coming into this game as far as the tournament goes - whoever wins will be second in line among A10 teams for a bid after Dayton, and the loser will be third.

Also, even though both URI and VCU have exceedingly small odds to win the league compared to Dayton which is a 9:1-ish favorite in terms of probability, URI right now has a much higher probability to win the league than VCU (1:10 compared to about 1:40). If URI wins tonight, its slim chance to win the league will survive but VCU will be functionally eliminated; if VCU wins tonight both URI and VCU will be 2 games back and Dayton already has a win in hand against VCU - in other words, if VCU wins tonight then the A10 regular season is more or less wrapped up for Dayton.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago Jon works REALLY hard covering college basketball and I give him props for that, but I’m not sure how in the weeds he is in terms of being a bubble expert. He is an effort guy, but not really a towering intellect.

URI and VCU are more or less evenly situated coming into this game as far as the tournament goes - whoever wins will be second in line among A10 teams for a bid after Dayton, and the loser will be third.

Also, even though both URI and VCU have exceedingly small odds to win the league compared to Dayton which is a 9:1-ish favorite in terms of probability, URI right now has a much higher probability to win the league than VCU (1:10 compared to about 1:40). If URI wins tonight, its slim chance to win the league will survive but VCU will be functionally eliminated; if VCU wins tonight both URI and VCU will be 2 games back and Dayton already has a win in hand against VCU - in other words, if VCU wins tonight then the A10 regular season is more or less wrapped up for Dayton.

TSA Precheck Life Altering.
2 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Jon is a little on the spectrum sometimes, but he sure loves to promote our Rhody Rams!

I mean on bracketmatrix VCU is the last team in and we are the first team out.

(68-69 respectively)

They would be more IN than we would with a win tonight, but otherwise we both have about the same amount of work to do.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

phipsiGD'11 wrote: 4 years ago What time does Tilted Barn open? Taking off work early to try and get in the area early enough to get some drinks in order to calm the nerves.
Noon. The Chosen One and Milo's Phoenix in cans!
0 x
Sox1
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Sox1 »

I'm coming from Boston and will probably get into Kingston around 5 or so. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to kill time? Right now my plan is just to have a few beers in the parking lot before the game and try to find somebody to talk about Jermaine Harris with.
5 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Methinks that VCU fans are a bunch of yahoos.
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I would agree with Rothstein.

A loss here for VCU would be a Q1 loss - won't negatively affect them, just doesn't boost them up.

A loss at home for URI would be a Q2 loss - hurts more than it helps.

VCU owns a Q1 win over #19 LSU, their losses are a 3 point loss to Purdue (Q1) 3 point loss to then #17 Tennessee (borderline Q1), at home to URI (Q1 if Rhody were to win tonight), and @ #5 Dayton (Q1).

A Rhody win would merely give VCU another Q1 loss while having NO BAD LOSSES.

URI has a Q1 win over VCU. URI also has an 18 point Q1 loss to MD, 13 point Q1 loss to LSU, and a 5 point Q1 loss to WVU. URI also has a Q2 loss to Richmond, and a Q3 - potentially Q4 loss to Brown.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sox1 wrote: 4 years ago I'm coming from Boston and will probably get into Kingston around 5 or so. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to kill time? Right now my plan is just to have a few beers in the parking lot before the game and try to find somebody to talk about Jermaine Harris with.
Doors open at 6. That's a great plan, I'd roll with that.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......the Gordon Ramsey clocks keep ticking......left Marco Island at 530, chilling at Baltimore airport for flight to Hillsgrove, couple of crab cakes at Orbrycki’s , great local IPA,s there, rocking the KB gear as we go from landing directly to Section 105, without stopping at home first......best part about this itinerary is that we both feel the buzz already, as she reads me stats about Cyril, Jeff, and s Fatts....Go Rhody.....great game day......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Even RJ will be in the house tonight.
10 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago Even RJ will be in the house tonight.
Only if you wear Keaney!
4 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago ......the Gordon Ramsey clocks keep ticking......left Marco Island at 530, chilling at Baltimore airport for flight to Hillsgrove, couple of crab cakes at Orbrycki’s , great local IPA,s there, rocking the KB gear as we go from landing directly to Section 105, without stopping at home first......best part about this itinerary is that we both feel the buzz already, as she reads me stats about Cyril, Jeff, and s Fatts....Go Rhody.....great game day......
This is what being a dedicated Rhody fan is all about (except for the crab cakes 😜).
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Sox1 wrote: 4 years ago I'm coming from Boston and will probably get into Kingston around 5 or so. Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do to kill time? Right now my plan is just to have a few beers in the parking lot before the game and try to find somebody to talk about Jermaine Harris with.
Back40 right at the corner of Rte 102/Rte 2. Good food and bar full of Rhody fans.
1 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

Unread post by gazakaza »

Back40 right at the corner of Rte 102/Rte 2. Good food and bar full of Rhody fans.
I would stay clear of there tonight. VCU alumni are holding their pregame event there.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

On my way to Penn Station now. 5:15 arrival at Kingston Station. Sweaty palms in full effect already. LFG!
7 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

gazakaza wrote: 4 years ago
I would stay clear of there tonight. VCU alumni are holding their pregame event there.
And if you're not getting in til 5, consider the one lane cow path to the Ryan from there...it's not quick.
2 x
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Being about as unproductive as I can be at the office before I drive down from Boston...clients can wait - Lets F*cking Go
2 x
Clapton is God
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

I’m on my way to the Tilted Barn to meet a few people. Heading to Back 40 afterwards. Hope the VCU alum don’t mind us crashing their party!
3 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

You're not actually suggesting that URI fans cede one of our pregame locations to the enemy are you? If they want to steal Buffalo Wild Wings logo and colors they can find the nearest one of those for their get together
4 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

He's got a point in that it's a quad 2 game for Rhody and a quad 1 game for VCU since it's in Kingston. For tournament resume purposes, Quad 1 games are more nice to have, quad 2 games are more must haves. If you're losing quad 2 games, the committee might be justified in saying that you aren't proving that you can beat other tournament quality or bubble teams.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago

You're not actually suggesting that URI fans cede one of our pregame locations to the enemy are you? If they want to steal Buffalo Wild Wings logo and colors they can find the nearest one of those for their get together
There will be way more Rhody fans at the Back40 than VCU fans.
2 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

Ramrod wrote: 4 years ago

He's got a point in that it's a quad 2 game for Rhody and a quad 1 game for VCU since it's in Kingston. For tournament resume purposes, Quad 1 games are more nice to have, quad 2 games are more must haves. If you're losing quad 2 games, the committee might be justified in saying that you aren't proving that you can beat other tournament quality or bubble teams.

This currently is true, but. Even if VCU losses this game, a Q1 road game, there NET wont drop a ton and being at 33 currently gives them plenty of time to crack the top 30 and this could potentially become another Q1 game. If VCU wins they prb crack top 30 and this will be a q1 loss.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

How do you even know that? Are you a VCU Alum 🤔
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

How do you even know that? Are you a VCU Alum 🤔
Nope saw the event on Facebook.
0 x
gazakaza
Steve Chubin

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago

Not at all. Just informing.
0 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago He is an effort guy, but not really a towering intellect.
King Rothstein slander will NOT be tolerated!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Anybody looking for last minute tickets, here's what you get. There are around 200 tickets left, including the obstructeds, but not including standing room. http://pleasehold.evenue.net/ev/global- ... rDown.html
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......tic tic tic, know what I am gonna miss tonite?......the Roady Jay signage that adds to the big game visual atmosphere.......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Woo hoo! I found the shirt for tonight:
IMG-20200131-02530.jpg
7 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Haha awesome.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: 4 years ago Woo hoo! I found the shirt for tonight:

IMG-20200131-02530.jpg
You absolutely nailed it
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Who are you cheering for??
0 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Are you serious?? My son-in-Law owns that place. I will have to initiate divorce proceedings on my daughters behalf!
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

section(105) wrote: 4 years ago .......tic tic tic, know what I am gonna miss tonite?......the Roady Jay signage that adds to the big game visual atmosphere.......
Two of my favorites were the Archie Miller ones: Ice cream cone and holding a teddy bear in another.

I can’t remember the signs he had for VCU when Smart was still HC.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Hass knows...
@HassTheGreat
If you’re in Kingston and not in attendance...Shame on you.
3 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Headed out to game, will get a bight to eat first, can't wait for game. GO RHODY!!!
1 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

5 x
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

Boy am I ready to turn the page on the pregame thread reading to the tip off of this game. Literally could not work the last hour of work due to SO much anxious feelings about tonight's games. Getting a little spiced up before the game at Tilted Barn so I can make sure I am a little louder in my seat tonight in 205. This game is extremely big for our season goals could put us in position to have a three game lead for 2nd place. I have a good feeling about this game. However, if god forbid they lose I really hope I do not see people posting on this board about our season being over. Obviously, it would not be ideal but even with a lose tonight there is still a remaining pathway to the postseason tournament even though it may be slightly harder. Lets put a stamp on this conference that VCU and Dayton are no longer the primary Flagship programs of our conference and that we have VCU'S number. Lets prove to the rest of the conference that the Ryan Center may be slightly smaller then VCU and Dayton venues but it is not easy to play in. A win tonight and this could be a program defining moment in the Cox era.

Letttttttssssss Goooooo Rhodddddyyy!!!!!

Hopefully we are all partying/celebrating by 930 tonight hahah.
7 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Ditto.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

LoveThoseRams wrote: 4 years ago
Do I get to root for a tie?

I'm sure the closer I am to the court, the more I'll cheer for URI. With the folk I'm going with, I don't think I have a choice.

In the last decade, the only times I've gone to the Ryan Center URI has lost. That in itself may be enough of a curse.
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago

I'm sure the closer I am to the court, the more I'll cheer for URI. With the folk I'm going with, I don't think I have a choice.

In the last decade, the only times I've gone to the Ryan Center URI has lost. That in itself may be enough of a curse.
Stay home!!!!
4 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

rjsuperfly66 wrote: 4 years ago

Stay home!!!!
BTW one of my seats will be occupied by one of your PeeC comrades. But he could only attend if he wore Keaney Blue :lol:
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago Boy am I ready to turn the page on the pregame thread reading to the tip off of this game. Literally could not work the last hour of work due to SO much anxious feelings about tonight's games. Getting a little spiced up before the game at Tilted Barn so I can make sure I am a little louder in my seat tonight in 205. This game is extremely big for our season goals could put us in position to have a three game lead for 2nd place. I have a good feeling about this game. However, if god forbid they lose I really hope I do not see people posting on this board about our season being over. Obviously, it would not be ideal but even with a lose tonight there is still a remaining pathway to the postseason tournament even though it may be slightly harder. Lets put a stamp on this conference that VCU and Dayton are no longer the primary Flagship programs of our conference and that we have VCU'S number. Lets prove to the rest of the conference that the Ryan Center may be slightly smaller then VCU and Dayton venues but it is not easy to play in. A win tonight and this could be a program defining moment in the Cox era.

Letttttttssssss Goooooo Rhodddddyyy!!!!!

Hopefully we are all partying/celebrating by 930 tonight hahah.
205 will be the littiest, tittiest section in the building tonight.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
giovanni
Carlton Owens

2 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Great new IMO. Love Jermaine!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Great news on Jermaine!!!!! Can't wait for the doors to open. These 2 days have seemed like an eternity. So ready for this game!!!! LET"S GET IT!!!!!
1 x