THE EARLY LINE URI VS GM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS GM

Unread post by luke »

The early line is out and it is URI - 4 1/2 . That is a surprisingly small spread . I would think this line will move up to as much as
7 or 8 so if you want to play this game ,jump on it now and take URI and give the points . This should be a lock if there ever was one ,
but of course you never know for certain in college basketball but this should be a winner.
0 x
RamStock
Cuttino Mobley

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS GM

Unread post by RamStock »

luke wrote: 4 years ago The early line is out and it is URI - 4 1/2 . That is a surprisingly small spread . I would think this line will move up to as much as
7 or 8 so if you want to play this game ,jump on it now and take URI and give the points . This should be a lock if there ever was one ,
but of course you never know for certain in college basketball but this should be a winner.
Wasn’t Brown a lock? By no means has George Mason been good lately, in fact terrible, but they have a winning record and we have never been some dominant road team. I expect a win, but this is another tricky road game. I mean to say this is a lock if there ever was one?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’ll say it again...I don’t like this game. Feels like a trap.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

As I always say, Brown is never a lock. Its an anomaly. I don't see the trap game aspect to GM, but I'm sure Cox has them humbled.
0 x
GO RAMS
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The line is now up to - 5 1/2 . George Mason is struggling mightily even at home right now . The GM fans are expecting their own team to be blown out.
I am not saying they will be blown out , but I do expect them to lose by at least 5-7points.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

The betting pros really put a lot of emphasis on home court. For example, Sagarin has Rhody number 56 and rated 9 points better than George Mason on a neutral court. He typically adds or subtracts 4 points for home court.

So in this case at home we would be 13 point favorites and on the road - 5.

He is usually pretty accurate with his ratings and the plus minus for home court.

This might be a cakewalk, but I would not bet on this away game at 51/2.

I don't know if I would call this a trap game, but, don't be surprised if it is a lot closer than we want.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Like others have said, we're at the point where any road game, just win it, whether by 1 pt. or 20.

We have 4 or 5 games left against Q3 or Q4's, and we can't afford to lose to any of them.

Tomorrow's game doesn't worry me as much as the games against UMass and Fordham on the road.

At home both those teams seem to play well above their pay grade against us
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Like others have said, we're at the point where any road game, just win it, whether by 1 pt. or 20.

We have 4 or 5 games left against Q3 or Q4's, and we can't afford to lose to any of them.

Tomorrow's game doesn't worry me as much as the games against UMass and Fordham on the road.

Yup, agreed. No need to worry about stats or anything else. It's about wins right now. Good, bad or ugly. JUST WIN!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Agree no slip ups here just get that W
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote: 4 years ago Like others have said, we're at the point where any road game, just win it, whether by 1 pt. or 20.

There are 6 games left against Q3 & Q4 teams.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I’ll say it again...I don’t like this game. Feels like a trap.
I hate to say it, I get the same feeling.... I REALLY hope we are wrong.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Mongo wrote: 4 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago I’ll say it again...I don’t like this game. Feels like a trap.
Fret not, Rhody wins big.
3 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

7 in a row is a tall order. Beating VCU twice is even taller. I really want to maintain my knack for “blind optimism” but I know it’s tough to keep winning on the road. I’ll lean on you guys for support tomorrow, and hopefully we destroy the Patriots.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago
7 in a row is a tall order. Beating VCU twice is even taller. I really want to maintain my knack for “blind optimism” but I know it’s tough to keep winning on the road. I’ll lean on you guys for support tomorrow, and hopefully we destroy the Patriots.
They don’t have to win 7 in a row. Just have to win one game tomorrow.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

One

Game

At

A

Time
1 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

ramster wrote: 4 years ago One

Game

At

A

Time
THIS👊👊👊
2 x
SlamRam
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by SlamRam »

I'm smart, late, short, sharp and shocked.....
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Maybe this line is evident of Jermaine possibly missing the game/less minutes.
0 x
GO RAMS
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I is now 12-8 or 11-9 depending on how URyou look at the spread . since starting the season 1-3 they have gone 11-5 or 10-6 which I think
is very good , indicating the Rams have been underrated since early on in the season. Hope this trend continues.
0 x
rhodyruckus
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyruckus »

luke wrote: 4 years ago I is now 12-8 or 11-9 depending on how URyou look at the spread . since starting the season 1-3 they have gone 11-5 or 10-6 which I think
is very good , indicating the Rams have been underrated since early on in the season. Hope this trend continues.
Although the cat may be out of the bag now, with Rhody getting 6 AP votes. The public may catch onto their momentum shortly. If I were to guess, the VCU line may be an over-correction if our Rams are favored by more than around 3-4 points. But the one line to watch out for where they still may be underrated is at Dayton, due to their successful history in that building. The odds setters may throw up 8-10 points just factoring in how most other teams are intimidated there.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

As of right now, you’d probably be looking at 8-10 point dogs for the home game against Dayton. Could be as many as 15 for our game at their place.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Dayton is only -9 at Duquesne tonight. There is no way we will be 8-10 point dogs against them at Ryan. I’d guess 4-6 pts
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

15 at Dayton?
TP you are either overestimating Dayton or underestimating URI or both.
I’ve been to URI games at Dayton and don’t remember spreads being that high and here we are with 7 straight A10 wins

My guess is we are +1 to +3 at home to Dayton and + 5 to +7 at Dayton at this time
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think we would be +3 or +4 home to Dayton and +10 or +11 at Dayton
0 x