1/25 | St. Bonaventure | 3:00PM (YurView & Stadium)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/25 | St. Bonaventure | 3:00PM (Stadium)

Unread post by theblueram »

RhodyRams12 wrote: 4 years ago
Damn that's some serious motivation for the team. JUST WIN!!!!!!!
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I'd assume that is a charter because I'm not sure you can fly commercial into Bradford Regional.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I'd assume that is a charter because I'm not sure you can fly commercial into Bradford Regional.
I knew I was right when I said charter.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I'd assume that is a charter because I'm not sure you can fly commercial into Bradford Regional.
It is. There's an insane amount of info in the link on the tweet, right down to photos of the plane.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago
I knew I was right when I said charter.
I think you said charter to Olean. Still a 45 minute bus ride from Bradford Regional (PA).
A lot better than the 1:30 from Buffalo airport though.

Once again Steve with misinformation on the postgame show (usually he saves his mistakes for the Coach’s Show).
2 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

45 minutes or not, I’m not sure you can land a lot closer to campus unless you take a helicopter. You can’t land a plane on the roof of the library, you need a runway.
4 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago 45 minutes or not, I’m not sure you can land a lot closer to campus unless you take a helicopter. You can’t land a plane on the roof of the library, you need a runway.
Although, that would be awesome if the team took a helicopter from the airport and landed at the Reilly Center :D
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Since they have a landing pad on top of the library...why can't they chopper it in from Bradford?
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago 45 minutes or not, I’m not sure you can land a lot closer to campus unless you take a helicopter. You can’t land a plane on the roof of the library, you need a runway.
Plus I mean Green is like 25 mins from Kingston, is that really that much closer?
4 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Maybe we could do what Richard Prior did in "Brewsters 'Millions."
He brought each of the Yankees to the stadium in their own helicopter. 😀
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

What's the latest status on Osun Osunniyi? Will be be fit to play tomorrow?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I think the nature of his injury (concussion) makes it a little sensitive to speculate so there hasn’t been a ton of chatter. One Bonnies blogger said today that it was closer to doubtful than questionable (paraphrasing), but not sure anyone has a really good read.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Thanks for the Osun input. The Bonnies have not played many home games over the last month and this one appears to be close to a sellout. They have won five straight home games after losing the opening two. Olean is always tough for the Rams
Last edited by Obadiah 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I think the nature of his injury (concussion) makes it a little sensitive to speculate so there hasn’t been a ton of chatter. One Bonnies blogger said today that it was closer to doubtful than questionable (paraphrasing), but not sure anyone has a really good read.
This is that blogger's tweet and account if anyone cares to monitor it:

0 x
FDshoes
ARD

Unread post by FDshoes »

The DiSano interview he posted game is also on yurview cox channel 4. Any confirmation on that?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Rhody -1.5 tomorrow
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

-1.5? The boys better get off that jet with a chip on their shoulders.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Looking at average stats - Bonnies show better numbers on all shooting stats - FG, 3-Point, FT's - than URI.

The Bonnies have length and depth advantages over URI. The battle on the glass will be significant. We know what happened in the first half of Duquesne games with Langevine's limited PT due to fouls
1 x
Shane D
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Shane D »

FDshoes wrote: 4 years ago</s>
The DiSano interview he posted game is also on yurview cox channel 4. Any confirmation on that?
<e>
This is confirmed. The game will be carried live on Cox/YurView (Ch. 4). It will be shown on delay at 8 p.m. on Cox Sports (Ch. 479).
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The strength of the Bonnies OOC schedule was only so-so. They finished with an 8-5 mark and clearly their biggest win was against Rutgers on a neutral site in a game they dominated throughout. But they were not impressive in other games - losing to Ohio (NET 207), Vermont (NET 101), Siena (NET 208), Canisius (NET 209), and Buffalo (NET 153).

URI has one bad loss, SBU looks to have three.
1 x
RhodysRelevant
Lamar Odom

Unread post by RhodysRelevant »

Sucks that it looks like their best player isn't going to be able to go. But ill take a win any way we can get one on the road if that is how it works out
2 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Besides the 2/11 date at Dayton and later the one at Davidson, this game at SBU is one of the toughest road games left on the URI schedule
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The players need to remember that this SBU team ended their season in Brooklyn last year. Time to pay them back. If Osun is out, it will be a big break for Rhody. Need to take advantage of opportunities when they arise.
5 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago The strength of the Bonnies OOC schedule was only so-so. They finished with an 8-5 mark and clearly their biggest win was against Rutgers on a neutral site in a game they dominated throughout. But they were not impressive in other games - losing to Ohio (NET 207), Vermont (NET 101), Siena (NET 208), Canisius (NET 209), and Buffalo (NET 153).

URI has one bad loss, SBU looks to have three.
It is all Osun. Bonnies are 11-2 when he plays (loses @ Buffalo & first game of the year vs Ohio where he only played 11 minutes).
Osun got hurt in the Ohio game (bruised knee) and missed four games (Bonnies lost three of those). He came back and played 12 games before missing the last two games with a concussion (@ VCU & @ Dayton where they lost by 28 and 26).
They are 1-5 when he hasn’t played. Their one win without Osun was Rutgers.
4 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I think our guys heads are in the right place and we’re gonna kick their ass.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote: 4 years ago Besides the 2/11 date at Dayton and later the one at Davidson, this game at SBU is one of the toughest road games left on the URI schedule
One of the five toughest games overall left on the schedule. Have to win 3 of those and stay clean in all the others. Tough task but if you’re a tournament team you get it done.
5 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Re: 1/25 | St. Bonaventure | 3:00PM (YurView & Stadium)

Unread post by eli#10 »

Question about the Stadium T V Network: is it similar to ESPN+ in that you can connect your computer to the TV and watch the game on TV? Or are you left with watching the game on your computer?

I have Verizon Fios and not Cox so Stadium is my only choice.
0 x
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

Not sure if I know the answer to your question but if you don't Cox /Yurview I am not sure it is that simple

I read that roku cut their relationship with Stadium, and that you can use your ipad or iphone or apple tv. If someone can help, it is appreciated- but I tried to get to Stadium on my laptop with no success.

I do know that if you have Sling orange or Blue it should work
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

“Stadium TV” worked on my Roku. Downloaded it and a west coast game was on.
0 x
Go Rhody
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Will Stadium stream from your phone?
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Will Stadium stream from your phone?
Yes
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Bonnies board is now reporting (from some guy named Mick) that Osun is out tomorrow night. I don't know who Mick is and have no way of corroborating the report.

While i do think it's a break for the Rams, just as in Western Kentucky, I hate to see these kids not be able to play due to injury. And by no means does it guarantee a win. DIdn't we go into Dayton Arena a few years ago without Hass and EC...and win behind Andre Berry before he was Andre Berry?

With or without Osun, URI can't afford to take these guys lightly.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote: 4 years ago Bonnies board is now reporting (from some guy named Mick) that Osun is out tomorrow night. I don't know who Mick is and have no way of corroborating the report.

While i do think it's a break for the Rams, just as in Western Kentucky, I hate to see these kids not be able to play due to injury. And by no means does it guarantee a win. DIdn't we go into Dayton Arena a few years ago without Hass and EC...and win behind Andre Berry before he was Andre Berry?

With or without Osun, URI can't afford to take these guys lightly.
^ "behind Andre Berry before he was Andre Berry"
Classic, that there is such a thing. But, wasn't the Brown game that year, truly the original "behind Andre Berry before he was Andre Berry" game...does a guy get multiple 'guy before he was a guy' games? :lol: :lol:
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

could be. I don't recall the brown game that year. it wasn't our most memorable season. I thought Berry's break out game was at the flyers.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago Question about the Stadium T V Network: is it similar to ESPN+ in that you can connect your computer to the TV and watch the game on TV? Or are you left with watching the game on your computer?

I have Verizon Fios and not Cox so Stadium is my only choice.

I have used ESPN+ in the past and it does NOT work via my TV’s web browser I can pull up the site but cannot play content. I have to take my laptop with an HDMI and into my TV. Such a pain! My Tv also has the Disney+ app but not ESPN+, makes no sense.

Ironically, if I use my TV’s browser for Stadium, it works just fine.
0 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

I might be alone on this one, but I want to see Osun out there tomorrow. I know what it’s like to be on the other side of the coin, and I’d feel much better about beating SBU at full strength rather than beating them without their best player. I’m sure I’ll hear all about why this is wrong but I want our best vs their best. Go Rhody.
1 x
Bill Koch
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bill Koch »

St. Bonaventure preview and this week's Pick and Pop podcast.
4 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Game day baby! Let's keep this train rolling!
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Justns11 wrote: 4 years ago I might be alone on this one, but I want to see Osun out there tomorrow. I know what it’s like to be on the other side of the coin, and I’d feel much better about beating SBU at full strength rather than beating them without their best player. I’m sure I’ll hear all about why this is wrong but I want our best vs their best. Go Rhody.
I second this. I want SBU at their best!
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I was able to download the Pluto TV app on the Roku, and Pluto does list Stadium as a channel. Whether it will actually work/have the game on remains to be seen.

Also, I am not going to be able to watch the URI game today due to prior family commitments, a real bummer.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

Justns11 wrote: 4 years ago I might be alone on this one, but I want to see Osun out there tomorrow. I know what it’s like to be on the other side of the coin, and I’d feel much better about beating SBU at full strength rather than beating them without their best player. I’m sure I’ll hear all about why this is wrong but I want our best vs their best. Go Rhody.
I mean, yeah it'd be nice to think that if we are able to pull out the W we did it against their best lineup, but isn't it more important to just get the W at this point? It's not like our team has faced a cupcake schedule like Duquesne and need to be tested. They're well battle tested already at this point, so if we can catch a break like this so be it. I highly doubt many Bonnies fans would be rooting for Fatts or Cyril to be playing if they were out with an injury. It's an unfortunate part of the game, but that's just what it is, part of the game. Take a break when you can catch it (especially with a less than 100% Cyril). My two cents.
3 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

And who knows...maybe we face them in the A10 tourney again, and you'll get your wish to have them at full strength. But for now let's keep piling up the W's however we can!
1 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

RI_Bred wrote: 4 years ago I was able to download the Pluto TV app on the Roku, and Pluto does list Stadium as a channel. Whether it will actually work/have the game on remains to be seen.

Also, I am not going to be able to watch the URI game today due to prior family commitments, a real bummer.
I have Samsung smart TV’s I was THRILLED to find out that Samsung Plus carries The Stadium Network on channel 1059 as part of having the TV. Go Rhody!!!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

People really want Richmond to win and us to have a less chance of winning with Osun playing huh?

What a world.
2 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago People really want Richmond to win and us to have a less chance of winning with Osun playing huh?

What a world.
This board goes through these weird polarity reversals sometimes. Just ignore it lol.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

spar wrote: 4 years ago
I mean, yeah it'd be nice to think that if we are able to pull out the W we did it against their best lineup, but isn't it more important to just get the W at this point? It's not like our team has faced a cupcake schedule like Duquesne and need to be tested. They're well battle tested already at this point, so if we can catch a break like this so be it. I highly doubt many Bonnies fans would be rooting for Fatts or Cyril to be playing if they were out with an injury. It's an unfortunate part of the game, but that's just what it is, part of the game. Take a break when you can catch it (especially with a less than 100% Cyril). My two cents.
I knew it wouldn’t be a popular take. I just can’t get myself to hope this kid doesn’t recover in time for our game and I think we can beat them full strength. Don’t get me wrong, I would rather beat them without him in, than lose to them with him in. I just think regardless we’re going to win.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I would want Osun to play if we were playing Bonnies with the metrics they should have had with him (Net Top 100) vs where they stand now. Their metrics were dragged down by losses when they were an Osun-less team. I’m in the by any means necessary, survive and advance mode at this point so I won’t be upset if he’s in street clothes.
3 x