URI Football Transfer List

Talk about all other Rhody teams, from Baseball to Indoor Track.
rhodyfan3
ARD

URI Football Transfer List

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Hope its alright to start this topic. Figured we could keep tabs on the guys that decide to leave, or guys who are transferring in.

SR Defensive End Tez Wilson announced his transfer on Twitter late last night. . Missed the last 8 games due to injury.

So far that makes two transfers that I know of. Not great that both are upperclassman who play significant snaps(the other obviously being Priore).

SG EDIT: I changed up the topic title, to make the discussion topic a little more apparent.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Re: URI Football Transfer List

Unread post by Brian Forster »

Another bad sign.
Above and beyond the individual player(s) leaving.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Maybe more to come...would not be surprised....rats leaving the sinking ship?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I'll be shocked if Coulter doesnt leave.

My Tennessee Vols could maybe use him next year with our two senior WR's leaving....
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

He did not play in any games this year for us
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Brian
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brian »

Attachments
ELna3RiXsAAy-6z.jpg
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Don’t know if there is any truth to this, but that would mean Coulter is also gone.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodyfan3 wrote: 4 years ago

Don’t know if there is any truth to this, but that would mean Coulter is also gone.
Ouch.
0 x
Brian Forster
ARD

Unread post by Brian Forster »

When was Kevin Smith drafted?
1990?
The Coulter thing is a scary,but it's getting late for him to make a move?
Why wait? Delaying lessens his options?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unless NFL scouts tell him otherwise, Coulter should play another year and rack up numbers.

Either here or he should probably transfer FBS.

Right now I feel like its risky, but one good year in a power 5 and you are as good as drafted.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

And there goes the most talented part of the team.

Things are really looking up for this program.

Not.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Unless NFL scouts tell him otherwise, Coulter should play another year and rack up numbers.

Right now I feel like its risky, but one good year in a power 5 and you are as good as drafted.
Agree. I think Coulter should play another year of college football. And as much as it pains me to say it, he’s probably better off not doing it here.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago Unless NFL scouts tell him otherwise, Coulter should play another year and rack up numbers.

Agree. I think Coulter should play another year of college football. And as much as it pains me to say it, he’s probably better off not doing it here.
First he needs more time in the weight room.

Second if he were to go to an SEC school or something, he would have access to top level coaches and get to compete against nothing but studs. If he already has scouts seriously looking at him then just playing in a power five conference next year will give him a great chance.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeterRamTime wrote: 4 years ago

Second if he were to go to an SEC school or something, he would have access to top level coaches and get to compete against nothing but studs. If he already has scouts seriously looking at him then just playing in a power five conference next year will give him a great chance.
But why if URI was good enough to get Parker drafted couldn't his cousin Coulter follow suit? There is a risk for Coulter to go to a FBS School where the might not be the primary target.

My guess is Coulter either goes to the NFL now or he stays at URI where he will be the primary target, big fish in a small pond.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ramster wrote: 4 years ago

But why if URI was good enough to get Parker drafted couldn't his cousin Coulter follow suit? There is a risk for Coulter to go to a FBS School where the might not be the primary target.

My guess is Coulter either goes to the NFL now or he stays at URI where he will be the primary target, big fish in a small pond.

Yeah he will get loads of attention and will have plenty to deal with, as defenses are going to key on him big time.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yeah he will get loads of attention and will have plenty to deal with, as defenses are going to key on him big time.
another thought PRT, is that NFL Teams are loaded with players from non P5 Football Schools. Even if they don't get drafted, they go to camps and get discovered. The cream rises to the top. I think if Coulter goes this year and follows his cousin Parker, he could latch on to an NFL Team - both Coulter and Parker are very talented receivers and they run well with the ball after catching it as well.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

another thought PRT, is that NFL Teams are loaded with players from non P5 Football Schools. Even if they don't get drafted, they go to camps and get discovered. The cream rises to the top. I think if Coulter goes this year and follows his cousin Parker, he could latch on to an NFL Team - both Coulter and Parker are very talented receivers and they run well with the ball after catching it as well.

Yeah they have the size speed and catching ability.

Just think Coulter is a little too lanky right now.

One other thing, you never hear about FCS players leaving early.
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

0 x
Kirby.Krackle
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Kirby.Krackle »

This now means we have lost our top 3 WRs and focal point of the OLine. We are COMPLETELY screwed next season. Although, I think we would have been if Coulter declared for the draft or decided to stay another year.
0 x
FmrRamFB
Michael Andersen

Unread post by FmrRamFB »

The offense needs to change; utilize the TEs, scheme easier throws for the QBs (no more fade route/jump balls) and run the ball. If you watched the national championship game yesterday, neither team had receivers comparable to ours. We had 3 great WRs and were 0-8. OGs were redshirt freshman & will only get better, Murphy’s back up has potential at LT T we need to find a RT T and add running backs. For god sake we need to improve the defensive front 7. With out significant help there we truly screwed.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm so scared for next season that I can see something crazy happening such as URI winning 5-6 games out of no where.
0 x
GO RAMS
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Vito has an offer from Wagner. It appears that's his only offer as of now
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote: 4 years ago Vito has an offer from Wagner. It appears that's his only offer as of now
So much more his dream of going to a Group of 5 school.
1 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Can’t find the tweet now but believe we hired someone from Nebraska as our new D coordinator
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote: 4 years ago Can’t find the tweet now but believe we hired someone from Nebraska as our new D coordinator
Yeah I saw that as well. It said it was a defensive QC position at Nebraska.
0 x