1/11 | VCU | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: 1/11 | VCU | 2:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Taylor Swift wrote: 4 years ago

This Tweet better not be from anyone here on KB, if it is you will be eternally referred to as a complete loser by me.
Wow he patrols twitter for rebounds too!
5 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Seawrightspostgame wrote: 4 years ago

This Tweet better not be from anyone here on KB, if it is you will be eternally referred to as a complete loser by me.
I responded to the damn fool as well. Ridiculous statement.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Play of the year so far. Poppin' Toppin!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/stK4zNWf6EC45HVm8
2 x
SandorClegane
Art Stephenson

Unread post by SandorClegane »

there’s Ron… Being a total tool again.
#ronsatool
3 x
“The greatest things in life are invisible to the eye”
- Mr. Rogers
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

SandorClegane wrote: 4 years ago

there’s Ron… Being a total tool again.
#ronsatool
The correct thing would have been to say, “offensive skills” and not “offense skills” so this dude knows nothing.
Last edited by Taylor Swift 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Having to read TP going this negative on some posts is bizarre.

It would be the equivalent of a drunken Don Kaull coming on the radio and blurting out, I had to sit through two decades of Bull Sheet between NCAA berths, so don't tell me to be positive, Steve, I KNOW a shit show when I see one!"

You are kind of like the trusted color guy around here, TP, don't do that, board morale is riding on some of these takes.
There is ZERO part of me that wants to be negative about this basketball program. It really takes a lot. The Brown game was a lot. The Richmond game was also a lot. I really didn’t mean to set off a long rehash of last week but I’m just saying the reason why I took those games so personally is because I really believed in this team - I believed they could do stuff like they did today - and those games just completely blunted my enthusiasm and if I’m being honest I think they screwed up their whole season by no-showing those games. The thing is, I really think this team is good! That’s why I was so disappointed. I feel like in the end they’re not going to get rewarded as the kind of team I think they actually are because of last week and there’s nobody to blame for it but themselves.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

.....I mean, is he wrong?

Cyril didn’t exactly look like a world beater today when he put the ball on the floor.
0 x
Go Rhody
rhodyfan3000
Tom Garrick

Unread post by rhodyfan3000 »

Well, I just think that now they have to play with their backs to the wall. If they beat Richmond, they wouldn't have had the pressure ratcheted up like it is now.

However, I do think they play better with their backs to the wall, as opposed to having the luxury of believing you can drop "one or two" so long as they are only against "certain" teams left on the schedule. So, there is that
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Mrs. Red thoughtfully turned on CBSSN a few minutes before game time, giving me an extra bonus: the final minutes of the mental hospital women losing.

All in all, a very pleasant afternoon.
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Hey guys look forward not back.

Heading to Philly on Wednesday for St Joes.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......looking forward to getting my Team Rankings email update on Rhody tomorrow.......then onto to Joes.......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

sevegny7 wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago
RhodyRams916 wrote: 4 years ago

Can we just appreciate a road win in VCU instead of going back to these games? The season is a long way to go and this game could be the turnaround before a nice winning streak.
This is exactly why I made this post. I think sports fans too often react to the last thing they see only. I wasn’t not super upset about the Brown game and then the Richmond game just because they sucked to watch and I’ll just forget about it the next good thing I see. Losing those games will have season-long ramifications and they can’t be erased by good performances later on. If anything, an objectively great win like today makes those losses even more infuriating, not only because it proves what they are capable of and shows just how bad they were to lose those games, but also because they devalue wins like today. You want this win today to be a cornerstone of your tournament resume, but there is no tournament resume now. It’s win in Brooklyn or not.

I’ll drop it because people don’t want to hear, and I do get that. But this is exactly why I was so upset last week.
Your clueless. You clearly know nothing about college bball. Bad losses can be erased by q1 wins. Rothstein even himself agreed. Your takes literally have gotten worse by the minute over the last few months jeeze. Maybe check the meds? Bill koch even tweets let the tourney talk continue. I will side with then over you. Maybe create a thread for all the negative nancies to cry and whine about everything then derailing a postive thread
Bravo.
2 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago Play of the year so far. Poppin' Toppin!

I worry about Jacob hitting his head on the rim.
2 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

If Q1 wins didn’t erase bad losses then PC wouldn’t be talked about right now.
2 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ATPTourFan wrote: 4 years ago
Say it louder for the fair weather “fans” in the back Tyrese!

GO RHODY!
3 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Cyril should not be responding to nonsense like that.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody72 wrote: 4 years ago
PeteRI wrote: 4 years ago Play of the year so far. Poppin' Toppin!

I worry about Jacob hitting his head on the rim.
I worry about global warming but I still go to the beach.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

OldSchoolRhody wrote: 4 years ago
Lol. Dowtin just dissed all the haters on this board!

And why all the hate on Brown? They still have two games against Yale (#29 rpi) and ya never know. That’s why they play the game.

Fun day, haters gonna hate! I loved every min of today and look forward to watching these kids grow for the rest of the season.
I love you already! Keep posting. Let’s drown out all the bullshit, W OR L!!
3 x
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

Great day for RHODY Nation...hope all those dreadful V C PeeU fans are miserable tonight!
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Okay, for those who said our defense wasn't good against Davidson , it was just Davidson stinks, so I guess VCU stinks as well, huh ?
And TP , what was that all about just frustration ? Sure a win over Richmond would have been much better , but if you can only have a
win over Richmond at home or a win on the road at VCU , I will take the win at VCU because it registers as a big win and Richmond would not.
I know you know better .. you know it is a long season and it may have made a 180 with the Davidson and VCU wins . We will see . Now if
they want today to be big they must go to Philadelphia and beat an up and down St. Joes who beat UCONN and took Davidson to overtime
in North Carolina today before losing. They cannot let down against the Hawks . If they do then you will be right TP , this game will become
meaningless . The team must understand that if they have NCAA ambitions going forward. But TP you know this win today at the moment is
not meaningless . They have to take a one game at a time mentality and the next game at St. Joes is very important because it is the next game.
Great defensive effort by all . Keep it up guys.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

DC_Rams wrote: 4 years ago

GO RHODY!
Just glad they listen to us. Now go do damage in the A10!!!!!!
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

2-0 in the new Keaney Blues.
6 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

RIFan wrote: 4 years ago Good win
Martin had a decent game passing the ball...keep it up

I agree with TP...the Brown loss is the type of loss that can keep a bubble team from a non P-5 league out. The only way that loss could have been worse was if it was at home. On the radio Don said Bernadette McGlade congratulated him on todays win and then asked how the heck did you lose to Brown. For us that is how razor thin the margin for error is. But if we go 14-4 or better in A-10 it could be overlooked.
Bernadette should focus on the leagues next TV/streaming deal instead of busting chops.
3 x
RhodyKyle
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I would be so excited right now if we hadn’t thrown our season away against Brown and Richmond. What could have been....
Can we just appreciate a road win in VCU instead of going back to these games? The season is a long way to go and this game could be the turnaround before a nice winning streak.
This is exactly why I made this post. I think sports fans too often react to the last thing they see only. I wasn’t not super upset about the Brown game and then the Richmond game just because they sucked to watch and I’ll just forget about it the next good thing I see. Losing those games will have season-long ramifications and they can’t be erased by good performances later on. If anything, an objectively great win like today makes those losses even more infuriating, not only because it proves what they are capable of and shows just how bad they were to lose those games, but also because they devalue wins like today. You want this win today to be a cornerstone of your tournament resume, but there is no tournament resume now. It’s win in Brooklyn or not.

I’ll drop it because people don’t want to hear, and I do get that. But this is exactly why I was so upset last week.
I want to revisit this in March when Duke is a 1 seed and we can talk about the season-long ramifications of their home loss to stephen f austin. In the eyes of the selection committee, good wins trump bad losses; always.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote: 4 years ago
RIFan wrote: 4 years ago Good win
Martin had a decent game passing the ball...keep it up

I agree with TP...the Brown loss is the type of loss that can keep a bubble team from a non P-5 league out. The only way that loss could have been worse was if it was at home. On the radio Don said Bernadette McGlade congratulated him on todays win and then asked how the heck did you lose to Brown. For us that is how razor thin the margin for error is. But if we go 14-4 or better in A-10 it could be overlooked.
Bernadette should focus on the leagues next TV/streaming deal instead of busting chops.
Bernadette is right. How the heck did we lose to Brown?
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote: 4 years ago

I want to revisit this in March when Duke is a 1 seed and we can talk about the season-long ramifications of their home loss to stephen f austin. In the eyes of the selection committee, good wins trump bad losses; always.
This is absurd. Duke will play 20-25 Q1/Q2 games every year. A loss like that doesn’t do anything to them. URI has to manage its losses in a way Duke doesn’t because Duke will always have way more chances to make up for it. URI is not Duke, so let’s dispense with that idiocy.
3 x
Rhody_JAM
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody_JAM »

I just want to say today is a good day! GORHODY!
6 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Let's just all agree that this was a great win, and the defensive intensity shown tonight needs to show every night for the rest of the year. Do that, win the games and we will be celebrating in March.
6 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

We will probably have more opportunities for bad losses than good wins in a typical year.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rhodyfan3000 wrote: 4 years ago Having to read TP going this negative on some posts is bizarre.

It would be the equivalent of a drunken Don Kaull coming on the radio and blurting out, I had to sit through two decades of Bull Sheet between NCAA berths, so don't tell me to be positive, Steve, I KNOW a shit show when I see one!"

You are kind of like the trusted color guy around here, TP, don't do that, board morale is riding on some of these takes.
There is ZERO part of me that wants to be negative about this basketball program. It really takes a lot. The Brown game was a lot. The Richmond game was also a lot. I really didn’t mean to set off a long rehash of last week but I’m just saying the reason why I took those games so personally is because I really believed in this team - I believed they could do stuff like they did today - and those games just completely blunted my enthusiasm and if I’m being honest I think they screwed up their whole season by no-showing those games. The thing is, I really think this team is good! That’s why I was so disappointed. I feel like in the end they’re not going to get rewarded as the kind of team I think they actually are because of last week and there’s nobody to blame for it but themselves.
1 x
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by DanInAZ »

DanInAZ wrote: 4 years ago Big day of sports started off nicely.

Check! On to the next game... Next up Seton Hall. Go Pirates! Then 49rs!! ...and finally ASU! Go Devils... take out Oregon for yourselves AND Rhody nation!!
3 for 3! Let's keep 'em going boys!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

GO RHODY!
1. I have been going to games since I was in diapers. I’ve been posting here since the day it came online, and before that I was on our other platforms for another decade. I’m a season ticket holder, a donor, an alum.

2. I want URI to win every game. I think this team is really good - tournament caliber. I don’t want to fire the coach.

I just think they screwed up last week and I think it’s going to cost them a bid. Don’t call me a fair weather fan for being disappointed about that. I also hope I am wrong, but it’s just the way I feel.
5 x
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago
TruePoint wrote: 4 years ago I would be so excited right now if we hadn’t thrown our season away against Brown and Richmond. What could have been....
Omg - Richmond is not a bad loss. We have 1 bad loss. 68 team make the tourney, at least 50 of them probably have a head scratcher loss in there.
Agree it’s not a “bad” loss but it was a very important game to win. Not for the same reason that Brown was. It’s the difference between need to win vs need not to lose, I guess. But Richmond was important because they are a direct competitor as far as potential third bid from the A10 and because we only have so many measuring stick games on the schedule. They were in our place, and they are highly, highly fraudulent. We should have blown them out and sent a message and instead we turtled. I’m almost more upset about that one than the Brown one.
I normally think you have pretty good takes and posts, but it's like someone hacked your account. Holy negative Nancy. Are you a fortune teller? You make it sound like you know these two losses have already sealed our fate. Yes Brown is a bad loss. Richmond MAY turn out to be a bad loss, but at this point it's not. NOBODY knows how the rest of this season will play out, so why are you still harping on those two games like you know something we don't. Yes, our margin for error is smaller, but it is what it f'n is at this point. Move on dude. We end up on the bubble and don't get selected, then go ahead and be as salty as you want about those losses. But it seems ridiculous at this point with so much basketball left. It makes me want them to make the tourney even more so you can eat these posts.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

spar wrote: 4 years ago
rhodylaw wrote: 4 years ago

Omg - Richmond is not a bad loss. We have 1 bad loss. 68 team make the tourney, at least 50 of them probably have a head scratcher loss in there.
Agree it’s not a “bad” loss but it was a very important game to win. Not for the same reason that Brown was. It’s the difference between need to win vs need not to lose, I guess. But Richmond was important because they are a direct competitor as far as potential third bid from the A10 and because we only have so many measuring stick games on the schedule. They were in our place, and they are highly, highly fraudulent. We should have blown them out and sent a message and instead we turtled. I’m almost more upset about that one than the Brown one.
I normally think you have pretty good takes and posts, but it's like someone hacked your account. Holy negative Nancy. Are you a fortune teller? You make it sound like you know these two losses have already sealed our fate. Yes Brown is a bad loss. Richmond MAY turn out to be a bad loss, but at this point it's not. NOBODY knows how the rest of this season will play out, so why are you still harping on those two games like you know something we don't. Yes, our margin for error is smaller, but it is what it f'n is at this point. Move on dude. We end up on the bubble and don't get selected, then go ahead and be as salty as you want about those losses. But it seems ridiculous at this point with so much basketball left. It makes me want them to make the tourney even more so you can eat these posts.
Me too! There will be nobody happier than me if that happens.
1 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

That’s a Huge F’n Win. Dowtin’s Back, Fucken Martin in transition looks Like Jordan. Fats and Cyril are A 10 first teamers and Harris, Toppin and Walker and The team and Cox. Freakin pinch me!

GO RHODY!
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I’m calling a spade a spade.

If the shoe doesn’t fit, keep on scrolling.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

brady1 wrote: 4 years ago That’s a Huge F’n Win. Dowtin’s Back, Fucken Martin in transition looks Like Jordan. Fats and Cyril are A 10 first teamers and Harris, Toppin and Walker and The team and Cox. Freakin pinch me!

GO RHODY!
We’re comparing players to Michael Jordan now!

Lord help us.

(And for the record, absolutely nothing of Tyrese’s game or any other player ever in the history of college basketball today or ever will look like Michael Jordan.)
Last edited by Rhody15 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
5 x
Go Rhody
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

spar wrote: 4 years ago

Me too! There will be nobody happier than me if that happens.
Haha. I get it dude. I'm not gonna bust your balls anymore. Those losses irked me too, but just trying to focus on the positive and opportunities ahead. Maybe it's just me getting older, and continuing to witness (and appreciate) all the wacky things that can happen in sports. Or when I look back to the 2017 season when all felt lost, until EC broke out with that dunk against Davidson, and we ended up rolling through the A10 tourney. Just trying to enjoy the ride and hope we get to the place we all want to end up.
3 x
RhodyRams916
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRams916 »

I remember saying after the Brown game that URI must win at least one road game against VCU or Dayton then beat both of them at home. The win today was huge and hopefully we also shock Dayton in February.
3 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago
brady1 wrote: 4 years ago That’s a Huge F’n Win. Dowtin’s Back, Fucken Martin in transition looks Like Jordan. Fats and Cyril are A 10 first teamers and Harris, Toppin and Walker and The team and Cox. Freakin pinch me!

GO RHODY!

Lord help us.

(And for the record, absolutely nothing of Tyrese’s game or any other player ever in the history of college basketball today or ever will look like Michael Jordan.)
Love it a realist who graduated in 15 sure you’ll do well in life Dude. Good Luck! You’re on a silly internet bulletin board lighten up Frances. Tryese can play and you’re holding on too tight. Looser!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

brady1 wrote: 4 years ago
Rhody15 wrote: 4 years ago

GO RHODY!

Lord help us.

Love it a realist who graduated in 15 sure you’ll do well in life Dude. Good Luck! You’re on a silly internet bulletin board lighten up Frances. Tryese can play and you’re holding on too tight. Looser!

GO RHODY!

Loser*

Tyrese*

Francis*

Did you even graduate high school?

Go Rhody!
1 x
Go Rhody
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Dude are you employed yet? Frances say when I d love to meet offer you a proof reading job nitwit. I’m sure your Mom wants you out of her Basement.

GO RHODY!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

GO RHODY!
1. I have been going to games since I was in diapers. I’ve been posting here since the day it came online, and before that I was on our other platforms for another decade. I’m a season ticket holder, a donor, an alum.

2. I want URI to win every game. I think this team is really good - tournament caliber. I don’t want to fire the coach.

I just think they screwed up last week and I think it’s going to cost them a bid. Don’t call me a fair weather fan for being disappointed about that. I also hope I am wrong, but it’s just the way I feel.
TP you made your rant after the Brown game I believe. I think you said none of the remaining games matter. That they were all exhibition games until Brooklyn because winning the A10 Tournament was Rhody’s only chance. So for you to post your negative feelings again right after Rhody wins at VCU on the VCU thread is a little too much. If you didn’t expect responses critical of your post, you have lost touch. Maybe take a little break.
12 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

brady1 wrote: 4 years ago Dude are you employed yet? Frances say when I d love to meet offer you a proof reading job nitwit. I’m sure your Mom wants you out of her Basement.

GO RHODY!
Employed and a homeowner!

lol why you so triggered man, cheer up.
1 x
Go Rhody
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Not triggered Dude. I’m all figgin HAPPY! Love my URI RAMS! Awesome fn WIN! Kinda thought you were a little too aggressive but we’ll sort that out sometime I promise. Tyrese can Play. Night Son.

GO RHODY!
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I am thrilled with the win. Dowtin played a GREAT game, was the calming presence against the VCU pressure. Fatts too and they made their FTs. Key plays by Walker and Martin late. We won at VCU what was their streak? I am not going to worry about past games or NET or any of that stuff. Got to go to Philly and win, which will require us to maintain or focus. Let’s go!!!
2 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

Dowtin you read my mind....or maybe my yelling during the game when it's quiet can actually be heard? Image
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Go over to the VCU board.

They sound like us a week ago.
4 x