NCAA

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

NCAA

Unread post by eli#10 »

Just read an article on espn.com about Quade Green (from Philadelphia) of the University of Washington who has just been declared academically ineligible. The article goes on to say that last winter he transferred from Kentucky and received a waiver from the never accountable NCAA to be able to play IMMEDIATELY. The waiver certainly could not be due to a stellar academic record but WTF could be the reason for a waiver under these circumstances.

The NCAA is a huge bureaucratic organization that is not accountable to anybody or anything. How can the member schools allow this to continue?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: NCAA

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Because, overall, it pays better than 'stopping' it?
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

On a different did you see Daniel Jones at the game last night? Wish I knew he was there and I might have bugged him.
0 x
Maxsahag7
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by Maxsahag7 »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago On a different did you see Daniel Jones at the game last night? Wish I knew he was there and I might have bugged him.
Yes I bugged him. He spoke words to me
0 x
Urifan91
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Urifan91 »

Apparently a lot of kids were bugging him so security put a stop to it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

eli#10 wrote: 4 years ago On a different did you see Daniel Jones at the game last night? Wish I knew he was there and I might have bugged him.
Yes. He was sitting over behind the Davidson Bench. There was quite a bit of buzzz going around about Jones being there.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Urifan91 wrote: 4 years ago Apparently a lot of kids were bugging him so security put a stop to it.

The kids were fine. Some adult old man went over and was bugging him and then security rightfully came over. Super excessively weird. Hopefully it wasn’t one of u. And I’m a giants fan too.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

The guy slapped him five like 10x in the last 3 minutes of a close game that his brother is playing in. Have some pride. The guys like 20 years younger than you there to watch his brother. He was great taking selfies with kids.
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

People need to not get all ridiculous around famous people.

Some people just dont give a rat's ass about people's boundaries. Dont get too fan girly, they're just a person.

And it's just Daniel Jones people! Hasn't done squat yet.
3 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

you started a thread and immediately derailed it, good stuff
NCAA transfer regulations and the arbitrary adherence to them is bs
Who cares about Daniel Jones, we need Luke Murray back so Bill can stop by.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
LoveThoseRams
Tom Garrick

Unread post by LoveThoseRams »

15 Year Lurker wrote: 4 years ago
Urifan91 wrote: 4 years ago Apparently a lot of kids were bugging him so security put a stop to it.

The kids were fine. Some adult old man went over and was bugging him and then security rightfully came over. Super excessively weird. Hopefully it wasn’t one of u. And I’m a giants fan too.
I walked out with him, and actually apologized to him for the fans behavior. It was utterly ridiculous.

At the risk of sounding bougee, I have a summer home in an area where a lot of celebs vacation. It is ridiculous to see what grown adults do when they recognize them in restaurants or on the street. Some celebs will patiently accept the distraction, but others get hostile. Don’t ever approach Spike Lee, because he will not Do The Right Thing!
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Running Ram wrote: 4 years ago you started a thread and immediately derailed it, good stuff
NCAA transfer regulations and the arbitrary adherence to them is bs
Who cares about Daniel Jones, we need Luke Murray back so Bill can stop by.
Plus he derailed his own NCAA thread to bring up the Daniel Jones story that has already been discussed in the Davidson Game thread.
This NCAA thread Belongs in All Other College Sports - maybe?
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

i was disgusted by the fans harassing the guy. I am thankful that someone sitting in 204 started to kick people out that were coming to bother him over the railing.
0 x